PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves....

Laura's Babies
04-08-2005, 10:20 AM
What are your pet peeves, things that annoy you to no end...

Mine are conversations that are word by word accounts of conversations "he said.....", "Then I said" , "then she said', "then I said"..........

My #1 peeve is how they hand your change back to you everywhere you buy someting with the reciept under the money and change on top of the bills... That annoys me to NO end! JUST hand me my reciept so I don't have to dig it out! Lay my change in my hand FIRST, then my bills.

All tow boaters pet peeve is on your first day home... "Welcome home! When do you have to go back?":D

QueenScoopalot
04-08-2005, 11:23 AM
I've got a long list!
1- Parents who let their kids run all over stores like it's a playground, and don't watch them. I don't know how many times I've been cut off by kids on bikes at Wal-Mart, or been hit by balls the kids are playing with in the store. :mad: :rolleyes: No wonder kidnappings occur!
2- Ignorant drivers who can't stop for a split second to let you get into traffic. I swear they're all chained together. :rolleyes: Or ones that KNOW they're coming to a stop, but block you from getting out of side streets. :mad:
3-People who don't spay & neuter their pets figuring since all Fluffy's kittens from before got homes, they should have no problem "getting RID of" (I hate that term) the tenth litter! :mad:
I've got plenty more...but am having a brain fart at the moment lol! :o :rolleyes:

Orca
04-08-2005, 11:41 AM
My #1 pet peeve is people who react with "Ewwww, thats gross" or "Oh, its so ugly" or anything like that when I'm holding Blink. Or customers who do the same thing when I'm at work holding Cyclops (the bearded dragon) or have one of the rats out. It makes my blood boil! :mad: I have no problem that people don't like the animal, thats fine, its how they feel. But don't say it in front of people who obviously like it. I find it very inconsiderate and have to force myself to calm down and not yell at them.

IRescue452
04-08-2005, 11:46 AM
I agree with the previous three and must add...
People who tell me I have too many pets.
People who try to get me to convert.
People who call me by my security/meter reader "name" Ticket Nazi.
People who constantly complain about things they can't change.
People who are obsessively clean.
Conservatives.
People who brush dog hair off their pants, like it isn't part of the outfit, lol .
People who say "like" every other word of their conversation.
The list could go on forever but I'm sure that my writing all of these is somebody's pet peeve

lute
04-08-2005, 12:06 PM
#1 people that dis-like my dogs

#2 people that are scared of ym birds

#3 people that try to walk in the elovator before you get out of it.

#4 people that tell me birds are terrible pets. they should be wild.:rolleyes:

#5 when people leave just enough room for you NOT to be able to paralel park.

PJ's Mom
04-08-2005, 12:12 PM
People who drive with their unsecured dogs in the back of pickups. I saw a yellow lab being thrashed around just this morning. :mad:

People who go through the express lane at the store with more items than they're supposed to have.

I have a "No Soliciting" sign on my front door. People will still come and put their crappy brochures on my door.
:mad:

There are tons more, but that's it for now. :)

jennifert9
04-08-2005, 12:19 PM
My #1 peeve is how they hand your change back to you everywhere you buy someting with the reciept under the money and change on top of the bills... That annoys me to NO end! JUST hand me my reciept so I don't have to dig it out! Lay my change in my hand FIRST, then my bills.

LOL! Laura, this gets to me too! Then you have a handful of change you are trying NOT to drop all over the floor. you now have one hand free to put it all back in your wallet/purse/pocket and usually the person behind you has already taken over the little "shelf" they give you to put your coupons or write your checks on or whatever it is there for!:confused:

I have noticed this new pet peeve since Ihave been in NJ, didn't seem to be a problem in Syracuse....:confused:
When you get on a highway, you're driving up the entrance ramp with your left blinker on so you can merge with oncoming traffic and they keep right on going or even speed up so you can't get in...I always wonder what they are thinking? Did they think I just drove up the ramp to pull over to the side of the road and have a picnic, right there on the highway? "No, no, don't worry about me, I'm not trying to actually GET ON the highway, I just thought this looked like a nice place to stop." :confused:

:D

dukedogsmom
04-08-2005, 12:34 PM
When friends don't return what's being given to them. They just keep wanting more. Hurts to know that you're not that important to them like you've been treating them.
Don't get me started on Welfare.
People that do everything but drive in their cars. I saw a woman the other day that had a newspaper spread across her steering wheel :o
Misuse of 911
People that slack off at work
Tailgaters
I'm sure there are more..........

Laura's Babies
04-08-2005, 12:40 PM
You all are listing some of my other ones too but I wanted to just SEE if these things annoyed anybody else.. Keep them coming!

catnapper
04-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Goshj Laura, I have too many. I guess what is my pet peeve today is people who walk by my house and feel free to dump their McDonalds wrappers on my lawn. :mad: Sitting here looking out my window, I've seen three peole do that today alone... but the best part is with me watching, I then shout out the window "hey you! I do hope you accidentally dropped that. I also hope you'll go out and pick it up." I have actually gone running after people and handed their trash back to them. Hubby and the kids enjoy watching me do that one! LOL You don't want a plus-sized crazy lady running fullspeed to shove McDonalds wrappers back at you! :p

caseysmom
04-08-2005, 01:07 PM
People that speed through my neighborhood...especially when I am walking the dogs and they fly right by me.

People that don't like animals.

People that don't like children...duh you were a kid once if your alive.

People that have take one side on politics and agree with all the issues pertantent to that party and never even analyze the issue.

Rude clerks at stores.

Rude customers at stores. (have to be fair now)

mruffruff
04-08-2005, 01:08 PM
I get peeved when someone says they're waiting on someone else.

Isn't that uncomfortable? Wouldn't it be easier to wait FOR them?

Mary

LKPike
04-08-2005, 02:20 PM
pet peeves?? hmm......

Men.

[[ ;) ]]

LKPike
04-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
People who drive with their unsecured dogs in the back of pickups. I saw a yellow lab being thrashed around just this morning. :mad:

I HATE that!!! It happens so often in Tennessee, I've noticed. I just want to scream! Any time I'm out driving, I'll 99.9% of the time see some poor little dog in the back of a truck, sometimes they look like their about to jump out with the vehicle moving. But seeing an animal just in the back of a truck annoys the *&*& out of me, my ex-stepfather leashed his dog in the back of his truck and during the drive he jumped out, basicly hanging himself, somehow my ex-sp "didnt notice" and the dog died.

Edwina's Secretary
04-08-2005, 02:35 PM

ME TOOO!!!! I have even asked them..."change first , please!" They look at me like I have two heads.....

and on the subject of customer service....do NOT speak to another employee (we won't even go into talking on the phone) when I am standing in front of you. It is rude.

When I say "thank you" at the end of the transaction, do not say.."No problem." I should hope it is not problem for you to do your job.

There...I feel better...

QueenScoopalot
04-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Goshj Laura, I have too many. I guess what is my pet peeve today is people who walk by my house and feel free to dump their McDonalds wrappers on my lawn. :mad: Sitting here looking out my window, I've seen three peole do that today alone... but the best part is with me watching, I then shout out the window "hey you! I do hope you accidentally dropped that. I also hope you'll go out and pick it up." I have actually gone running after people and handed their trash back to them. Hubby and the kids enjoy watching me do that one! LOL You don't want a plus-sized crazy lady running fullspeed to shove McDonalds wrappers back at you! :p
I hate litterers too! Years ago the Tall Ships came into our area, and we went to see them along with the mobs of others. There were people handing out brochures (I said no thank you) but the guy in front of me takes one (he's got 3 kids with him) glances at it for a second, and throws it onto the sidewalk! :mad: There's barrels everywhere too! I said to him "excuse me...you dropped something" in which case he turns around, looks and sees that I'm talking about his trash, and he tells me to "f" off! :rolleyes: Nice education for children.:rolleyes: Another time I see a nicely dressed woman sitting in her car in a parking lot ( she's probably in her 60s) scratching lottery tickets, and tossing the no good ones out the window. I had some words with her too...too lazy and inconsiderate to throw trash in the barrels. :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
04-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Ever seen a Wal Mart parking lot, late at night? People act like that is a garbage dump! DISGUSTING! My Mama raised me better than that!

slick
04-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Cell phones going off in the middle of Church service. :mad: :rolleyes:

Kfamr
04-09-2005, 08:34 PM
*****When people don't correct their DOGS/children/whatever.
Dogs especially. If your dog isn't doing something it's not supposed to, LET IT KNOW! Everytime, not just every once in a while. It'll never learn.

*School, period.

Those are the top two on my mind right now.

CagneyDog
04-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Teachers that do thinks just to skrew you around.

Control Freaks.

School (Most of the time)

When people yawn a hundred times :p

When people walk really, really, slow through the hallways.

When people don't pick up after their dogs

Oh boy, I should stop now!

popcornbird
04-09-2005, 09:51 PM
People who change lanes on the highway without using their signals (especially hate this when its done by 18-wheel-truck drivers)!!!

Weeds, weeds, trimming shrubs, cutting grass, weeds, trimming trees, more weeds......Can you tell I just finished working on the front yard? Took the WHOLE DAY, and I'm tired now (he he he), but the yard DOES look beautiful now, so I guess it was worth it. Still....I hate weeds.....especially weeds that grow in grass.

Hmmm....what else? Oh yes. People that HAVE TO judge others on every little thing. As if THEY have no shortcomings in themselves. :rolleyes:

When people can't meet others without saying something negative. I swear I know certain individuals that HAVE TO say something negative, in every situation. They end up losing all their friends because of it, but they still HAVE TO pass their negative thoughts.

cocker_luva
04-10-2005, 12:14 AM
i dont like it when cars block intersections. whether i cant get thru or someone else, it just iritates me.

i hate when some friends think theyre wiser then me and intend on giving me advice on everything.

also when people cant get beyond their own opinions/beliefs/etc. to see my side of a topic <open your mind, just alittle!

theres more just let me think, ill come back later.

**EDIT** <no offense to anyone> but i cant stand it when people think im a bad person and my dog isnt as good as theirs because i got Jesse from a breeder and they got theres from a rescue/shelter/whatever!!! God, whether i adopted her from a breeder or adopted her from a shelter. i got her, why does it matter how?!?

GoldenRetrLuver
04-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Irresponsible adults who don't control their children.

Children who come up and try to pet my dogs without asking.

Loud kids, screaming kids/babies, obnoxious kids, etc. Starting to get my point? :p

People who greet me by saying, "Hey! It's a Lassie dog!" Ergh.

When someone is three feet away from the phone but they ask me to pick it up.

Kids who make out in the hallway/classroom at school.. really, nobody wants to see that.

Slow drivers.

People (mostly family members) looking over my shoulder while I'm online typing.. I hate that!

Wal Mart lol (I really just can't stand that store.. I'm not exactly sure why).

I'm sure there's a ton more.. but I'll stop for now. :p

cloverfdx
04-10-2005, 03:51 AM

Me too, and i thought i was the only one.

Hmm i dont have time for fussing over children, and noisy rude kids are one of my pet peeves.

Kay, i cannot stand it when people dont correct bad behaviour with their dogs either.

Vette
04-10-2005, 04:37 AM
I have food and water containers set up for my dog so he can eat or drink whenever he wants. and people see the containers in some of the pictures i show them.. and they ask "doesnt he over eat?" and another stupid one is "is he over weight?" when i just showed them a picture and they can clearly see hes not over weight. that never has made sense to me,, and i guess it never will.. if and when my dog is over weight,, i will remove the food container or restrict his meals down to half a cup of food or whatever and not be a bum about it.

second peeve is people who think its cool to drive around with dogs in the back of their trucks. whether they are secured or not. ever touched hot metal like by laying our arm on the window of your car/truck and jump because the metal got really wicked hot? yeah well imagine what that feels like on your bare feet and have to stay on it. wind chill isnt any better either. try sticking your arm out your car/truck window and leaving it there on a cold/cool day. isnt that dull numb ache feeling lovely?

and 3rd peeve is retarded people who leave their animals or children inside their car/truck. thats just asking for something bad to happen to them.

4th peeve is people who tell me i have too many pets.

dukedogsmom
04-10-2005, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
Hmm i dont have time for fussing over children, and noisy rude kids are one of my pet peeves.
Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. Just as some people don't like animals, others don't like kids. But, people like to make you out like you're some kind of monster just because of that fact.

christa
04-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Right now, one comes to mind . . .

My husband can get his dishes to the kitchen counter over the dishwasher, but for some reason, they just don't make it INTO the dishwasher!

Bigyummydog
04-10-2005, 05:33 PM
kids that talk back to their parents or should i say parents
who LET their kids talk back to them

people that let their dogs poo in other peoples yards, and then leave it

people that think you should put your dog out when they visit...it's his house not theirs

people that look at MAXIMUS and say 'ah he's gonna tear your leg off'...he doesn't eat junk food (yeah, the movie)

people that don't pick up after themselves

yeah, i got more................

chocolatepuppy
04-10-2005, 06:45 PM
People who STILL have their Christmas decorations up! :mad:

davidpizzica
04-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I have one BIG pet peeve! When I'm parked in a parking lot and I come out of the store and I find the guy to the left of me didn't give me enough room for me to open my car door. (Having a two door car,they are big doors.) When that happens, I have to become a contortionist just to get into my car!

moosmom
05-17-2005, 01:36 PM
I just thought of another pet peeve...

I'm on the phone talking to someone who is either yelling at their children, or talking to their pets and describing to you what they're pets are doing. My daughter does the latter all the time and I get SO po'd.

kuhio98
05-17-2005, 01:50 PM
People who say "Like" and "Ya know" over and over during a conversation. ~ Please expand your vocabulary!

People who say "F*"ing this and "F*"ing that over and over. ~ Again, please expand your vocabulary.

tatoos and piercings gross me out to look at.
smoking
cell phones

PJ's Mom
05-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Windows...or more specifically, Reloading Windows for a 4th time on the kids computer. Ugh.

luvofallhorses
05-17-2005, 02:40 PM
1) People who mistreat their animals
2) People who are loud and obnoxious :rolleyes:
3) People who think the world revolves around them.
4) People who chew with their mouths open :rolleyes:
5) People who don't like animals
6) People who judge other people.
7) People who let their dogs run loose :mad:
8) People who get animals and shouldn't have them.
9) People who don't respect their elders.
10) People who discriminate against other people and the breeds of dogs :mad:

Okay I am done for now. Great thread!

Suki Wingy
05-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies

ooh, I actually like the bills on the bottom, then the recipt, then the change.

Spelling Dalmatian Dalmation
spelling pit bull pittbull pitt bull, or pitbul
Spelling Shepherd as shepard
Spelling a lot as alot
when people pronounce ing as ine or they really pronounce the g
people chewing gum
stupid people talking no comon sense or reason at all
people who ask a question only a few minutes after it has already been answered
parapros (lol:))
there are SO MANY more!

CathyBogart
05-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Children. In general. Whether they're being loud, obnoxious, rude, or not I just don't like them.

People who think everyone should like kids.

People who think it's 'cute' somehow to bring in their kid with a sack full of coins that they dumped out of their piggybank and then make the KID count out 4589205645 coins to pay for whatever they're buying. For Goddess' sake, change it up BEFORE YOU GO TO THE STORE.

People who want to talk about THEIR religion but not listen in return.

Customers who don't read our return policy.

Customers who get angry when I ask to check their ID. It's for your own protection, maybe you should SIGN YOUR STUPID CARD!

As for reciept/bills/change, if we tried to cater to what every customer wanted where that's concerned it would be a huge waste of time. You get your change back. If it takes you a whole fifteen extra seconds to sort it out...deal with it.

Ahem...I'm feeling a little hormonal and irritable today. :)

CathyBogart
05-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by cocker_luva

**EDIT** <no offense to anyone> but i cant stand it when people think im a bad person and my dog isnt as good as theirs because i got Jesse from a breeder and they got theres from a rescue/shelter/whatever!!! God, whether i adopted her from a breeder or adopted her from a shelter. i got her, why does it matter how?!?

That's a big one for me too...You are providing a wonderful dog with a wonderful home, and setting a good example for other pet owners to follow. Whether you got your dog from a shelter, breeder, or even *Gasp* a pet store, what matters most is that you and Jesse are happy. :)

moosmom
05-17-2005, 06:04 PM
CathyBogart,

I TOTALLY identify with you! I'm feeling pretty 6itchy myself tonight. Don't feel like talking to anyone.

I have no use for kids, specifically boys!! There was a funeral where I work and they had visitation. There were a bunch of boys ranging in age from 8-13. One had a tennis ball that he kept bouncing VERY hard on the floor. After being spoken to by myself, the funeral director and me again, I finally took the ball away from him.

Then there was this 8 year old kid who not only kept jumping on the couch in the waiting area (his parents were standing right there and did NOTHING!!!I finally walked over to him and told him to sit his @$$ down!!), but then later he proceeded to mark up the fireplace mantle with the soot from the fireplace!!!

I don't know what people are thinking when they let their kids just run loose, not giving a hoot what happens. But if one of their kids gets hurt, you can be SURE they'll find a good lawyer and sue the funeral home for negligence!!

I'm SO glad I had a girl!

UGH!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm done now.

LKPike
05-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
tatoos and piercings gross me out to look at.

my birthday gift http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p86bfb7615f17fb10761e881a5410ab9e/f4646eff.jpg

hehe, couldnt resist ;) :p

I also agree with what you said on people who use F--- every 3 words. :rolleyes: theres other and better words to use to describe your anger, fear, what annoyed you, etc...

crsvstang
05-17-2005, 07:37 PM
1.) People who do not like my kids

2.) People think they are better then everyone else.

3.) People that try pull out in front of me in traffic, when I am only few inches from them.

4.) People drive slow

5.) People that try to put my dogs away while they are here, my sister in law is like that.

6.) People that chew with their mouths open, yuck!

7.) People don't like dogs

Vette
05-17-2005, 08:31 PM
I just thought of another pet peeve.

is so called 'owners' who leave their dog outside all friggin day. i fail to see the point in having a dog in the first place if your just going to ingore it till you want to see it. :rolleyes:

id rather see a dog running lose in someones fenced in yard or lose period,, then seeing one chained up all the time. though :(

prechrswife
05-17-2005, 08:46 PM
1. People who speak to me as if I am a child or as if I do not have common sense.

2. Using an apostrophe before an "s" in a plural word.

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Here are some of mine:

-People who don't know how to spell their own dogs' breed (IMO if you purposely got a certain breed you should know how to spell it...)
-People who spell Dalmatian like Dalmatio over and over again.
-Most kids younger kids. I don't hate them; I'm just not comfortable around them for some reason...
-People who cross the street when they see Winston
-People who don't teach their dogs anything
-People who can't control their kids or dogs
-People who think that there should be no breeders in the world, even if they're reputable.
-People who treat me like I'm a horrible person because Winston's ears are cropped.
-People who treat me like I'm a horrible person because I haven't adopted all of my dogs.
-Rude popular kids at school who think they're royalty or something.

Fox-Gal
05-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Political correct people bug me. Yes it has it's place, but I hate it when some carry it to far.

People who judge other, without considering all sides.

People that worry to much about how it's said/spelled, instead of the meaning behind it. A friend does that and it kills me, I say black top, he say, no asphalt. Who care, you know what I mean.

People that call me and then spent most of the time taking to someone else in the room with them, as I hold on and wait.

People with the two way radio on their cell phone, in puplic, talking right behind me. I don't think I should have to stop talking or talk louder, because they are having a chat right behind me. It's mobile, take it away from my ear.

And my big pet peeves:

People that expect young children/babies to behave in public, all the time. Childhood is about learning and growing and sometimes that learning is done in public. You where a child/baby once, ask your mom if you behaved all the time. (this does not mean Children that run wild as their parents does nothing, that bugs me too)

Anyone that judges a person by their looks, piercing, tattoos, clothes, or the manner in which they speak, etc. That does not make a person less, just different.

People that have the nerve to tell me how I should live.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was almost afraid to say mine as to not offend anyone, sense a few have the oppose view. So nothing personal to be taken, just my pet peeves. K?

Kfamr
05-18-2005, 12:23 AM
A few of many:

**People who allow their dog of leash.. Hello, it's a law for a reason.

**People who don't fess up to their wrong doing. Hi coward.

**When parents allow their young children to scream their heads off in stores, and do NOTHING about it. I really don't want a headache.

**When people try to tell ME how MY dogs are. Uh. I see them everyday of my life. I know how they act, idiot.

**When people SPIT all over the place! Just today this kid was spitting ON THE CLASSROOM'S CARPET, and then rubbing it in with his foot. GROSS.

**People who are against Gay Marriages/Relationships. I'll leave it at that.

**People who hate certain dog breeds, especially Pitties. This is clear on my mind as some imbeciles on another website are talking about a recent attack.

**People who critisize my photoggraphy. I do it for fun, for my enjoyment, not other's.

I'll end it there for now. ;)

finn's mom
05-22-2005, 04:29 PM
I have so many! :) But, right now, what I can think of is when people use the term "whelp" to refer to a raised mark on their skin, like from a tree branch hitting your arm or something. OH MY GOSH, that drives me crazy! People, it's WELT! ;) Yeah, that makes me insane, though.

finn's mom
05-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Ok, I just remembered another one. When people type out "yeah" online or whatever, but, they want it to be read as if it's pronounced "yay." It's petty as all get out, but, most peeves are. There's "yeah" (meaning "yes") and there's "yay" (meaning "woo hoo"). Ha, sorry, I'm instant messaging, and, that came up in the conversation. :)

Oooo, and when people say that they seen something (ie "i seen a yellow car" instead of "i saw a yellow car"). Oooo, that makes my skin crawl. I always notice grammatical errors, though. Even for myself. When someone posted that spelling quiz awhile back, I started trying to remember to spell "alright" in two words "all right", I didn't realize I wasn't spelling it correctly! Anyway, I'm going to bed, all this thinking is making me sleepy! :) All righty then! (that just looks weird! :D )

Nomilynn
05-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Ok, I just remembered another one. When people type out "yeah" online or whatever, but, they want it to be read as if it's pronounced "yay." It's petty as all get out, but, most peeves are. There's "yeah" (meaning "yes") and there's "yay" (meaning "woo hoo"). Ha, sorry, I'm instant messaging, and, that came up in the conversation. :)

I TOTALLY agree with that one lol!

K9soul
05-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Actually, 'alright' isn't considered wrong in all circles. It is thought to be similar to always (instead of all ways), altogether (instead of all together), and so on. Here is an interesting page talking about it: http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=19990604

Some teachers/editors find it acceptable, and some say it's not. Spell checks generally flag it, but it is in the dictionary, though labeled as non-standard.

As far as common spelling errors, I suppose one that comes to mind is people spelling deity as diety. You go on a diet to lose weight, you don't worship a diety :p.

As far as a behavioral peeve, I suppose my biggest one is witnessing people deliberately trying to put down and hurt someone else. It really upsets me.

edit: Oh, thought of another grammar usage one. When people say "I keep itching this mosquito bite." You scratch an itch, you don't itch an itch, :D

finn's mom
05-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by K9soul

edit: Oh, thought of another grammar usage one. When people say "I keep itching this mosquito bite." You scratch an itch, you don't itch an itch, :D

I hate that, too! :)

dukedogsmom
05-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Jess, that reminded me of the very bad slang term of alright: aight.
Taken from www.urbandictionary.com
aight: saying alright but in a hip and ghetto way
I think that is the epitome of tackiness.
Also, people that put "like" into their sentences about 10 zillion times. Drives me completely batty!

QueenScoopalot
05-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Another good one is people who say "Rottwilder" instead of Rottweiler! :rolleyes: And others that get "poison ivory". :rolleyes: And conversations that are peppered with "ya know", and "like" every other word.:rolleyes:

slick
05-28-2005, 09:23 AM
...and speaking about language.....I hate it when people say "irregardless" instead of "regardless".

finn's mom
05-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by slick
...and speaking about language.....I hate it when people say "irregardless" instead of "regardless".

I hate that, too. But, it's actually in the dictionary, now. It's just one of those things, where people start using it so much, it ends up in the dictionary. Ah, well. I guess there'd be a lot of words we use every day that were not standard english for a long time, either. But, I still hate irregardless. ;)

Suki Wingy
05-29-2005, 01:46 PM
yeah, my math teacher always says irregardless and it was driving me mad so I looked it up and it says it is the same as regardless, but it still sounds stupid to say the extra "ir"

momcat
05-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Like most others, I have more than a few but here are the top ones.....

People who sing with the radio, stereo or at concerts. I didn't pay for a stereo or concert tickets to hear them over the person I went to listen to

Bratty kids who seem to be in the majority anymore. Where are the parents and why don't they teach these kids some manners

At work clients who call and say "If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have a job" and "I pay your salary

People who blame the poor quality of education on the teachers. The parents need to accept much of the blame for the problems in schools today because they don't teach their kids and respect for authority and when a problem occurs it's never their kid. Parents and kids don't seem to appreciate the educational opportunities available today. Kids are never taught a love of learning

Child abusers

Animal abusers

Hunters

People who constantly complain about the weather or anything else they can think of

People who ask you a question then give you an argument when you give an answer

Lady's Human
05-30-2005, 08:55 PM
A couple of pet peeves..........

People who over generalize/paint an entire group with the same broad brush...

and paying large amounts of money for something because the company has a good reputation to get left with a piece of expensive junk.

sandragonfly
05-30-2005, 09:24 PM
# folks smoking around the NO SMOKING! (doh..)
# rumors, hunters & molestors big time.
# flaky/dishonesty/defensive people.. (hey! I'll call you tomorrow!! *:D* ..a month later, *calls me* oh.. I was busy but ..... :rolleyes:
# non-flushed toliets :eek: :eek: (not mine...) :o
# finding animals out there nowhere... WHAT is with you, people?!? :mad:
# folding socks or fitted sheets.. (any advice?) :D
# washing pizza cutter.. (yikes, it goes into any direction!)
# dissolved sentences - "that's LIFE!".."well, UP to YOU".."YOUR choice".."OH I seeee.....".. THIS is MY life YOU SEE, living by MY CHOICES.. argh!
# new one: h-o-s-p-i-t-a-l-s.. no explaination needed.. :o

finn's mom
06-14-2005, 11:26 PM
It bothers me when young people call an older person "sweetie" or "hun", it just sounds so condescending. I really don't like it at all when teenagers call anyone but toddlers "hun", or "sweetie". It just drives me crackers. :D

Kfamr
06-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
It bothers me when young people call an older person "sweetie" or "hun", it just sounds so condescending. I really don't like it at all when teenagers call anyone but toddlers "hun", or "sweetie". It just drives me crackers. :D

Why? :p

I call good friends of mine sweetie, and a lot of them are older than me. I'm a teenager as well. :p

dukedogsmom
06-14-2005, 11:30 PM
I hate being called Ma'am. It makes me feel so very old.

finn's mom
06-15-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Why? :p

I don't know, it just always has sounded condescending. "Hun" more than "sweetie" bothers me, but, it's usually just the tone that people take when they use it, it always just bugs me. It just sounds like an older person (like a grandma/grandpa kinda thing) term of endearment. I have a couple of friends that call me that, and, I don't tell them to stop or whatever, but, I always sorta just cringe a little.

EDITED: Hey, Kay, did you get to check out the photos that we all took in Myrtle Beach?

finn's mom
06-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom

I know what you mean. It's habit for a lot of people, because of the way they were raised. I had a guy yesterday in his sixties call me ma'am. And, he thought I was 19. But, it drives my mom nuts. Someone called me "miss" the other day, and, i kinda liked it....it reminded me of "Titanic" and that whole era. :D It took me by surprise, though, for sure.

furrykidsmother
06-15-2005, 10:22 AM

I agree! I really hate that!

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Right now, my pet peeve is people who say they're your friend, and, you know they're not. Sorry, just a personal rant. ;)

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 11:22 PM
And, it seems like people around here don't know how to use a turn signal, that drives me crazy, too! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
06-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by chocolatepuppy
People who STILL have their Christmas decorations up! :mad:

Oh yeah,..... that's really bugs me, and it's soooo ugly, lol!

jesse_3
06-30-2005, 01:18 AM
One major pet peeve of mine is when people say they are not racist, but turn around and say well, pit bulls are mean dogs, why would you ever get one? (I consider any discrimination between any organism to be racism)

People chewing with their mouths open! YUCK!!

People telling me that I should put Jesse down because she is miserable with only three legs:mad:

Anyone trying to tell me how to take care of my dog the "right" way. (unless it is a vet trying to explain how to take care of a wound or something)

Anyone who abuses anything

HIPOCRITS!!!!! Example, environmentalists who try to say save the air, don't pollute and then go flying in airplanes have across the world!

I say Yah a lot, but, I'm Scandinavic, it is habit. Almost everyone in my town say yah. Heck, most everyone is Scandinavian in my town anyways!! I try not to, but it just happens:( I'll be sure to never type it on here..

finn's mom
06-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by jesse_3
I say Yah a lot, but, I'm Scandinavic, it is habit. Almost everyone in my town say yah. Heck, most everyone is Scandinavian in my town anyways!! I try not to, but it just happens:( I'll be sure to never type it on here..

Hey, if you're talking about what I said one of my pet peeves were, that's not one of them. ;) I think you're referring to mine, if not, I'll shut up and go back to bed. But, I think what you're saying rhymes with "spa" (isn't it like "yah, I agree", it's just another way of saying that you agree, right?)

What I was talking about is when someone wants to make an exclamation, like they're excited and want what they typed on the screen to be pronounced like YAY, rhyming with "bay" ("yay, we're going to six flags"), but, they spell it on screen like "yeah", which rhymes with....uh, I don't know what it rhymes with, but, it's another way of agreement, slang for "yes." And, yeah can be used instead of "yay", as an exclamation. But, I guess it just seems like some people type "yeah" and pronounce it "YAY"....

good grief, i sound ridiculous, i just wanted to try to explain. They don't even really bother me that much, actually, like it's just sometimes something I notice. After breaking it down, it just doesn't seem as bad.

But, first thing's first, were you even referring to what I was saying earlier? And, second, are you saying you say "Yah" rhyming with "spa?" :D :eek: :p :rolleyes: :o :confused:

oh. my. gosh. it's way too early to be thinking this hard. :D

moosmom
07-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Finn's Mom,

Go back to bed, sleepyhead!! ;)

Another pet peeve I have is when you're talking and someone finishes your sentence. UGH!!!

swimma253
07-01-2005, 08:00 AM
I have MANY but I cant think of them all now... so:

1. When someone does something "bad" and you do the same thing back, its OK for them to do it, but when you do it... it turns bad. Did that make sense? :p

2. When people constantly snap gum, {because I cant do it}

3. People who chew like cows

4. Slow typers

5. People who hit their dogs.

6. When someone sees that you are talking and they continually call your name until you turn around.

7. When people go about 10 miles below the speed limit.

There are a ton more... I just cant think of them. I think I get a new pet peeve every day. :p ;)

whalelover
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
+swimma253, I agree 100%!!
My pet peeves:
When people feed my dog food from the table. That just makes my blood boil!!:mad: Then they smile and say, "Oh, it slipped" When they know very well that he doesn't get people food, and if he does manage to get it((mostly meat)), he starts to get agressive. Also, when my dog begs, and people say "aw look how cute he is!" It is not cute when dogs beg!! It makes me not like him when he begs. Grr....
2. When people crack their fingers. Even though I do it, I don't do it in public like that. It's so gross to listen to...
3. Followers
3. Gossipers, backstabbers, people who claim to be your friend, then go gossip about you the next, and think their higher than you
4. Vaccumes.
5. Boring people!
6. When complete strangers that are like 20 years older than me hit on me...eww....:rolleyes: *shudders*
7. When I'm in a store, and if one of the people I'm w/ wants to go, and their somewhere further away, they yell your name, and keep yelling it until you answer! Like seriously, we're in a public place, so shut up!
8. Last one...I promise. When your talking to someone, telling them a story and then their just standing there going what? who? what? when was this? what are you talking about? And won't shut up until you're finished the story, then you have to tell them all over again, in this case I don't, I just walk away:mad:
Think that's all for now! lol

whalelover
07-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Wow...I just realized 6 out of 8 of those were describing things that one of my "friends" does. Hmmm...

finn's mom
07-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Oh, my gosh. I hate when I see "ect" instead of "etc"....it's an abbreviation for etcetera....etcetera....etcetera.....sorry, i just had that tiny little rant, as I just saw that typed. Ugh. :)

jesse_3
07-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Just so all of you know, I did send Finn's Mom a pm, I'm not ignoring her;)

I thought of one more pet peeve,
Early birds! I can't stand it when my sister wakes up in the morning up in my face saying, GOOD MORNING!!!!! lol! It really bothers me, I am only semi-concious when I wake up, I not ready for that bubbly personality yet!!!:rooleyes:

Steph and Jes

persianmom
07-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Im pet peeves are
1 when someone tells you I'll call you right back and then you wait for hours for the return phone call. Especial when the call is related to what you are doing that evening.

Friends who say they are friends but then does something you know a friend would not do.

Telamarkers who call right in the middle of dinner.

People that don't like animals.

People that are always late. Drives me nuts.

cali
07-13-2005, 05:30 PM
rich people who complain about welfare, they dont need it to live, I do, and I am sick of hearing all the untrue crap about us.

people who talk to other poeple while on the phone with you and dont cover the phone, so you never know who the heck they are talking to, then they get mad when you dont respond.

older people who whine and complain that teens dont help them out and when we try to help them out they throw a fit at you and tell you never to do it again.

dukedogsmom
07-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Skinny girls that talk about losing weight. I think it's just a ploy for attention but I want to slap them from here to China,

popcornbird
07-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Skinny girls that talk about losing weight. I think it's just a ploy for attention but I want to slap them from here to China,

I hate that too. I have a friend who is around 5' 4" and weighs 105, and she's always saying she feels like she's gained weight and needs to lose some extra pounds. She is SO skinny, and talking about losing weight seems ridiculous coming from her. I personally think skinny people do that to hear, "Oh, but you're already so thin." :rolleyes: In other words, get attention, or hear things they want to hear.

Another thing that really bothers me is when people come late. When you invite someone for dinner at 6pm, they should be THERE at 6pm...or maybe 10-15 minutes late.........but arriving at 7:30 out of laziness when they had nothing holding them back is so darn annoying, irritating, and disrespectful to the host.