PDA

View Full Version : 1, 2.....

Cincy'sMom
04-08-2005, 10:10 AM
They says things come in threes...

Last Friday, Sadie hurt her tail at dayschool. Not sure how, but Saturday morning we called the vet first thing. They said nothing was broken, no swelling, and put her on some anti-inflammatories. She was better in a day or 2, and yesterday was her last day on anti-inflammatories...

But it was Cincy's first day on the same, as well as antibiotics. I got home from work, about 5:20, and sent the dogs out, no big deal. Went out with them, and watched them race along the fence with the neighbors dog. After about 15-20 minutes, we headed inside, and Cincy laid down on the floor and started licking her leg. I told her that was enough, and didn't think too much else of it. (She has allergies, and does lick some, we just tell her enough, and she quits). Well about 2 minutes later she was doing it again, and I as told her enough, something red caught my eye. Somehow the poor girl got a triangluar shaped tear in her skin on her front leg!!! I can only imagine it was from the way she bounces under the fence when she is chasing the neighbor dog.

I called our old vet (They were open til 6, our new vet closes at 5) and asked to bring her over. They were concerned that she would need to go under for stitches and wanted me to call the ER clinic, but I asked that they please look first and see if that was neccesary (I really don't like the ER). So they asid bring her over, and thankfully it wasn't very deep. They were able to give her a shot of Lidocaine and staple it closed. So, as I said before, she is on the pills now, and goes back tomorrow morning to make sure it is healing cleanly (becuase of the triangular shape).

When we got home, I sat Spot down and explained to him, he needs to be very carefully...he DOESN'T have to make it 3!!!

I took pictures of Cincy's pretty purple bandage, I'll post when I get home from work!

Bigyummydog
04-08-2005, 10:26 AM
bubble wrap...everyone is going to have to start wrapping
our furkids with bubble wrap...:)

lots of sloppy kisses for CINCY and SADIE...hope you sweet
girls are feeling better soon...

CINCY can't wait to see your cool bandage :cool: :cool:

Logan
04-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Awwwww......poor dearies............I so hope that it doesn't come in 3's, Amy!!!!!

Logan

anna_66
04-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Oh Girls how terrible for the both of you:( I hope your both feeling better soon. I think Bigyummydog has something there with the bubble wrap...gonna have to send some to your mommy;)

Now you better listen Spot and do like mom said...don't make it three:D

Hugs to everyone!

lizbud
04-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Oh no, poor kids.:( How do you keep everyone's meds straight?
I sure hope Cincy's leg heals up fine & Sadie feels better too. I
believe things come in twos sometimes also. Last week it was
Smokey at the Vet for an ear problem which cleared up quickly,
and this week Maggie with her eating habits.:)

We definately keep those Vets busy, don't we.:)

chocolatepuppy
04-08-2005, 04:58 PM
On no, sometimes when it rains it pours. :( I hope Sadie and Cincy are all better soon. :)

Kfamr
04-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Poor girls! Atleast Cincy got a pretty color. ;)
Now Spotty boy.. don't go do something silly!

Cincy'sMom
04-11-2005, 08:17 PM
I never did post the pictures...I will..I have a bunch of others to post too!!

Cincy went back in on Saturday morning to check things out, and everything is healing good. She got a pretty pink bandage, with purple hearts this time. She goes back tomorrow for another re-bandage. Hopefully things will still be as good!

Cinder & Smoke
04-11-2005, 09:30 PM
:eek:

"Sure, come right on over (we already had you penciled in.)" :p

Friends had 3 SkinKids who went through a "ruff" summer -
nicks, cuts, scrapes - one after the other.
Mom called the Doc's Office to report yet ANOTHER minor crisis -
and the Office Girl gave her that line!

Sure hope it doesn't get that bad with your FurKids!

Give Spotty Boy a chill pill and aske him to be "extra careful"!

Feel Better, Girls!!

shais_mom
04-19-2005, 12:42 AM
aaww I am so sorry I missed this!
I hope you're leg gets better very very quickly sweetie