PDA

View Full Version : Sleep on bed?

Linelle
12-25-2001, 01:33 PM
Often? How about ALL THE TIME. Three cats (all on my side, thank you very much). ;)

aly
12-25-2001, 02:12 PM
Every night all of my animals sleep on the bed (except the fish!!!!). Reece likes under the covers between my legs. Lolly changes positions from the foot of the bed to at my side. And Shiloh either sleeps at the foot of the bed or on my chest or side. :)

Sudilar
12-25-2001, 11:19 PM
Shiloh sleeps at my feet and Killian usually has guard duty throughout the house, so he sleeps on my floor or my son's bed. However, sometimes he hops in bed, too. It gets very crowded with two 100+ pound dogs!

RachelJ
12-26-2001, 01:26 PM
I've always slept with my dogs on the bed, but never had quite a Big Bed sleeper like Tucker. He is an under the covers, up close and personal kind of dog. I have never been able to fall asleep close and touching any body, but with Tucker our routine has been honed to perfection. At bedtime, he is under the covers and cradled in my arm for 15 - 20 minutes, when he starts getting hot and I'm about ready to toss a bit to get to sleep. So he jumps out to his dog bed (right next to my side of the bed). After several hours and the house cools off a little and I am sleeping, he shakes himself a bit to wake me up, and I hold up the covers for him and we fall back to sleep all snuggled up together either back to back or like spoons and spend the rest of the night that way.

jackiesdaisy1935
12-26-2001, 03:58 PM
Well everybody knows I sleep with Daisy, first we have to play "throw the nightnight red rabbit off the bed so I can go catch it"
next she cuddles at the foot of the bed, then she comes up on her pillow, then I pull her down under the covers with her head on the pillow, we take off her collar so she is more comfortable and she goes to sleep with her butt against me and that's about the way we sleep, sometimes I like to hold her paw and that's o.k.
Jackie

evelyn1157
12-26-2001, 08:19 PM
zoey doesn't like sleeping on the bed. everytime i put her on my bed she'll jump off

gini
12-27-2001, 11:23 AM
Somehow I feel this question is backwards. It should be "does your pet allow You to sleep on the bed with them?" Sometimes convincing Rascal he must share the bed is a challenge.

I have so many fond memories of Mr. Magic (Rainbow Bridge). He was a stray that insisted he was going to live with me. It didn't take much to convince me. the very first night that I put him on the bed, he was tentative about it. But when I turned out the light he was frightened. My guess is that he had always been an outdoor stray and if you think about it, the sun doesn't just "go out". I quickly turned the light back on and reassured him. That only made me love him more.

aly
12-27-2001, 12:58 PM
Last night was great! I got to sleep with 3 dogs and a cat! Woody (my foster) had to sleep in his crate but I have another shelter dog here because she's too scared for the kennel. She's a sweet girl and slept on my chest. Lolly slept under one of my arms, Shiloh under the other, and Reece on my legs. Ahhh, it was heaven :D

Pam
12-27-2001, 01:37 PM
Bella sleeps in the bed with me too. My hubby often snores so I have to make a midnight trek over to my daughter's old bedroom to get peace and quiet. Bella always follows me and we wind up sleeping in a twin bed while hubby has the queen bed all to himself. :rolleyes: She usually sleeps in the curve of my body, like a spoon, and her head is often on the pillow. I have gotten accustomed to kissing the top of her little head in the dark if I wake up in the middle of the night. A few nights ago I got all ready to give her a big kiss and found that her feet were where her head usually is! :eek:

jennifert
12-27-2001, 02:14 PM
Duncan sleeps in the bed, of course! I don't have a very big bed though and I have a very big dog!! When I say "Bedtime" it's usually a race to the bed and whoever gets there first, gets the good pillow on the good side of the bed!! Needless to say, he ALWAYS wins but after a few minutes, he'll move over for me! When he wants me to get up, he'll jump on the bed, off the bed, on the bed, off the bed....Quicker and much more annoying than an alarm clock! Try hitting snooze on a yr old dog who can't wait to get up and face the day!!

Edwina's Secretary
12-27-2001, 06:19 PM
Edwina say..."You mean there is someplace else I should be sleeping?" She will stand on the floor at the foot of the bed and look at one or both of us quite expectantly..."Get in bed already!" Smack up against me so tight that with her on one side and my husband on the other there are times I can't move. When my husband's nocturnal noises make sleep impossible, like Pam I sometimes retreat to another room. I know within minutes a gray kitty will be smack up against me so get comfortable fast!

Former User
12-28-2001, 02:25 PM
Not anymore... Casper kept us awake by snoring, not my hobby-to-be :D
Now they (C&K that is) sleep in the bathroom and we're all happy. Everybody gets to sleep longer and Casper and Kitty love it in the sink. We put them a little matress there and they love it.

sabies
12-31-2001, 03:35 PM
Sadie loves the bed and thinks the only reason I'm there is to warm it up for her and put the covers over her. If she gets uncovered in the middle of the night she taps her paw on my shoulder and I dutifully lift the covers for her.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-31-2001, 09:17 PM
Sadie has her own bed, which is right next to my bed, and sometimes I let her sleep on my bed, with me! :)

evelyn1157
12-31-2001, 09:35 PM
how can i get zoey to sleep on the bed with me?she likes to jump on my bed in the morning to wake me up but doesn't like to sleep on it.i have tried putting her on my bed but she jumps right off. i have even tried waiting till she has been sleeping for quite a while before carrying her and putting her on my bed.she'll be lying still for a few minutes then she'll get up and jump off. :confused:

Karen
12-31-2001, 10:18 PM
Some dogs like to, some dogs don't - I don't know if it's anything they can be trained to do! But hey, you know she loves you anyway, right? :)

Logan
12-31-2001, 10:25 PM
Helen is the "queen" when it comes to animals sleeping with her. Honey always sleeps with Helen, and one or the other of the cats is in there too, but rarely both of them. Lilly sleeps on a quilt on the floor at the foot of Helen's bed. I DARE anyone to try and get to my little girl, when all of her guardian angels are in the room with her! And whatever leftover cat, usually Butter, ends up in the bed with me. :) If they are happy, I am happy! :D

C.C.'s Mom
01-02-2002, 09:43 AM
Cookie is NOT allowed on the bed, but does she care? Noop, not at all. She waits in her basket next to daddy until we're blissfully dreaming, and I wake up with Cookie laying on her back, head on the pillow, all 4 up in the air on my side of the bed! And poor me is somewhere in the middle where the 2 mattress are placed next to each other. To make it more comlete I also have 2 cats on my tummy, the dog snores with her mouth open and doesn't brush her teeth.

(I'm a bit embarrassed to say it though, but I don't like waking up without them on the bed ...)

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: C.C.'s Mom ]

kobieeli
01-02-2002, 11:58 AM
Of course both of them sleep on the bed! Kobie gets first dibbs on the spot between our feet, so that leaves Eli with the area between our heads....and he usually curls himself around a pillow and rests his head on it! It's like wearing a warm, breathing, 55-pound hat all night! :rolleyes:

thelmalu99
01-03-2002, 12:38 PM
Yes, I love it when Elvis and Danny sleep with me. Elvis is usually on top of the comforter, cuddled by my feet or at my side, and Danny likes the top of the bed, near my face, but not cuddled against me.
Lately, they have been impossible, though, running around and making a lot of noise, so I have been kicking them out of the room so that I can get some sleep. I hate doing that, but sometimes they leave me no choice. :rolleyes:

karen israel
01-03-2002, 12:56 PM
Pam..when you kissed Bella's little feet instead of her swwet little head, did they smell like Fritos (in the middle of the night?) :D :D
Last time big galoot Cody tried to sleep with me I almost suffocated! :eek: He made the covers so tight next to me I couldn't budge!! :rolleyes: :eek: :D A frantic, stern "Get off me!!!" plus the heat made him jump off and take his usual position, next to the bed or anywhere his little big heart desires, as long as I'm closeby ;) I love reaching down and resting my hand on him. He usual sighs, so must like it too!!

Roxie's Mom
01-04-2002, 08:53 PM
Roxie Jazz sleeps with us EVERY night, and we wouldn't have it any other way. The first night we brought her home, we tried leaving her in the crate but she cried and my husband asked me if we could put her in the bed with us. I didn't want to start this "bad" habit, but I must confess I wouldn't have it any other way either. I often wake my husband up in the middle of the night so he can look at Roxie sleeping. When she first goes in the bed, she'll go under the covers and sleep between my legs, but by the middle of the night she has her body covered and her head on my pillow. It is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. A chihuahua sleeping so peacefully with her head on the pillow not to mention sleeping in a California king size bed! My sister and I both say when we die, we're coming back as our pets!! :D

laXgrrl5
01-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Well, as odd as this might sound, I sleep with my hedgehog. My current dog has never, ever been allowed on the furniture (he sheds too much. -.-, but when he was younger, I used to let him) But my hedgie is toilet trained, and sleeps on the pillow next to my face. My big little macaw sleeps with me on the weekends too, wearing her diaper. :) :D

Pam
01-07-2002, 06:18 AM
HA! No Karen, Bella's feet usually smell like dirt! She is my digger gal! :D

Ila
01-07-2002, 09:14 AM
Misty sleeps at the foot of the bed usually. Once in awhile on my husbands pillow. He shares with her. ;)

Cynthia
01-07-2002, 12:43 PM
It's become a ritual at my house. Stump never misses bedtime. For the past several months, he's been parking himself, all 12.5 pounds of him, on my chest while I try to read before going to sleep. He gets kinda indignant when I move him, but usually sleeps the rest of the night at my side. He doesn't do covers, unlike Emmett, my other cat, who loves to get under all the covers and burrow into my side. Like Thelmalu's kitties, they are now on some weird cat clock, because they've been having these middle-of-the-night wrestling matches for the past few weeks!

purrley
01-08-2002, 07:44 AM
No electric blanket needed on my bed. I'm surrounded by fur (4 cats) and I love it!!! Soon there will be a 5th sleeper (Tess) my Chihuahua - she's too young now, I don't think she could hold it all night yet and I'm not too fond of wetness in the bed :D :D

todd
01-08-2002, 10:15 PM
MY cat angel sleeps on the bed with me and i love it she is a big orange tabby and some time,s she sleep,s on her thermal cat cushion it,s be the bed. :D :D :) :) ;)

Birdywoman
01-10-2002, 06:13 AM
my bird, angel usually sleeps either on my head, or beside my neck. if she is being bad (like never) I let her sleep in her cagen (that hasnt happened YET and she's 6 years old!)

slleipnir
01-14-2002, 02:56 PM
Birdywoman, what kind of bird to you have???

My dog always sleeps up in my bed, or should i say "her bed". You'd think like, oh 1 isn't all that much..haha..well, she takes up the room like 2-3 dogs would..she sprawls out, and i;m against the wall, and her. But shes all warm and cuddely which makes it all better :] LOL

Edwina's Secretary
01-14-2002, 03:41 PM
It has been a case of "be careful what you ask for, you might just get it!" for my husband and Edwina.

When he was trying to talk me into getting a cat and I was giving in bit by bit, one of my first conditions was the name "Edwina." And that she not get on the bed (my allergies.) My husband would tease me by lying in bed "talking with Edwina." He would say "come on Edwina...she's asleep. It's okay to get on the bed now." And so on...

Now Edwina ALWAYS sleeps on the bed. Sprawls out big as you please. My husband...who dotes on her and wakes up at night and pets on her....has been been talking about a king sized bed so "Miss Bed Piggy" won't discomfort us so!

michelene
01-23-2002, 06:47 PM
Several years ago I suggested buying a bed for Buster. Richard replied that Buster already had a bed, he just let us sleep in it.

Since 1996 we have been sleeping upstairs with Buster and the two tabby brothers, Spot and Tiger. We discussed getting a king-size bed after many nights when the three boys decided to stretch out horizontally and crowd us over to the edges. Things have also been more than cozy in the summertime, so we have had to use fans and air cleaners to assist the air conditioner.

Buster now cuddles up to me, under the covers, head on the pillow, with my arm around him, as soon as my light goes off, and he usually stays there all night.

LoudLou
01-25-2002, 03:36 AM
My husband and I are NOT small people... We ave a king-size bed and with Louie (who sleeps on his back... sideways, so as to take up most of the bed) and the two Meezers every night is like a game of Twister:D I told him the other night we should have polka-dotted sheets....*spin*... left foot on red..............:D

Ila
01-30-2002, 11:18 AM
Misty sleeps with us every night and if we tried to keep her out of our room we would not get any sleep. She hates closed doors.
http://www.photogra.com/index.cfm/a:31416

LoudLou
01-30-2002, 01:43 PM
WOW! Misty is beautiful!!! She rules the house doesn't she?

michelene
01-30-2002, 06:43 PM
Ila--
Misty is gorgeous. I just love Maine Coons -- so friendly, so gentle, so big and noble. I always look forward to seeing Bob, my Maine Coon neighbor.

shais_mom
02-11-2002, 12:11 AM
Shaianne always slept w/ me unless I was at my parents house. She would either lay beside me or at my feet or sometimes w/ her head on my stomach or across my legs. That was the hardest thing to get used to when she died.
Kylie (kitty) sleeps with me, she isn't much of a lap cat and rarely jumps on my lap. But as soon as I am in that bed, all bets are off! She is on my chest, while I am trying to read. I usually wake up w/ her curled up in my arm or up by my neck. Once I woke up w/ her laying across my neck and another time I woke up w/ my arm stretched out and her laying across it w/ her head in my hand!
I have a hard time sleeping when she isn't curled up next to me!
Keegan isn't big enough yet. The times she has been up in bed w/ me and I fell asleep I woke up to pure chaos! (hence the tissue incident!) Or puddles! Now she is getting better w/ the potty training. The other day I was sleeping on the couch and Keegan jumped up w/ me and slept w/ her head across my legs and then she jumped up beside me and laid her head in the crook of my arm and slept there for awhile!
I can't wait until she is big enough I miss snuggling w/ a doggie!