PDA

View Full Version : THIS ONE IS FOR CARRIE'S EYES

jackiesdaisy1935
11-01-2001, 09:55 PM
Carrie, I felt sorry for Perry and I tried to get him to sleep in the big bed and he wouldn't do it, everytime I brought him in the room he ran back to his crate, so I bought him a big new one, where he could stretch out and sit up whatever he wanted to do. My next move was to do as you say and left the door open so he could get some water or roam around, then I went to bed and all he did was cry. So I went down and closed the door to his crate and he stopped crying. What would you do in a case like that?
Jackie

carrie
11-02-2001, 10:42 AM
I would ignore him for a few nights. He will soon realise that you are not about to jump and run every time he orders some service - he doesn't even tip!!!!
Perry is just proving that he is the one that arranges things in your house.

carrie
11-02-2001, 10:45 AM
Here's a thought - attatch a piece of rope to the crate door and teach him to close it himself!

Dixieland Dancer
11-02-2001, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by carrie:
<STRONG>Here's a thought - attatch a piece of rope to the crate door and teach him to close it himself!</STRONG>

I like this idea! :D

jackiesdaisy1935
11-02-2001, 04:16 PM
The funny thing is we close the door during the day and he opens it himself and goes in, now thats a thought maybe I could teach him how to close it himself then he could stay up after nine and watch Cops after we go to bed. :D :D :D
Jackie

RachelJ
11-02-2001, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Jackie:
<STRONG>then he could stay up after nine and watch Cops after we go to bed. </STRONG>

Perry, you macho pup, I bet you like that theme song, "Bad Boys, Bad Boys"!

Sudilar
11-02-2001, 10:06 PM
Does he howl along with the sirens? :)

jackiesdaisy1935
11-03-2001, 09:50 AM
No, he doesn't howl along with the sirens yet, he sits in front of the t.v. and barks at the dogs.
I wish you all could see him sometime, he has that moucho walk, he slowly walks up into our bedroom and walks like John Wayne too funny.
Then when he plays and we throw his toy to fetch, he pushes off like a rabbit with his back feet and keeps hopping.
He is a real charactor :D :D :D
We have the best time with those two, they make us laugh all the time.
Jackie