PDA

View Full Version : Do your pets like Trick or Treaters?

purrley
10-29-2001, 01:41 PM
Capital NO!!! All my kitties run for the upstairs where they can hide under a bed whenever the door bell rings period. Never saw such a load of pussy pussies in all my life :D :D

ownerof3dogs
10-29-2001, 01:48 PM
No my dog hate them. They think there some sort of mutations that are here to kill humanes. We had a bad expereince last year. I tell you guys later got to go

Dixieland Dancer
10-29-2001, 02:30 PM
Dixie and Dusty are the official greeters no matter what the reason for someone coming to the door. However, for the past 3 years, Dixie has gone trick or treating with my son, his friends, and me. She has been dressed as a football player, last year a witch, and this year a space alien doggie!

This will be Dusty's first Trick or Treat night and he is going as a bumble bee. They get more compliments on their costumes than the kids do. I think the neighbors think I'm goofey with the dogs getting dressed up but It's become a tradition. :D

I don't know what we are going to do when my son is too old to trick or treat anymore. We will really look weird then. Maybe all the neighbors will think I'm just after all their CANDY! :eek:

kobieeli
10-29-2001, 03:24 PM
We are dreading Halloween again this year! Kobie is extremely protective of HER house, HER front door, HER sidewalk, and HER yard, so everyone who is anywhere nearby gets quite an earful. Eli has recently started to take his cues from Kobie, so he's pretty protective too. All the weird costumes and noises don't help things, either.

Last year we tried putting them in the back bedroom with chew treats, but it did no good. Then we turned out our porchlight and put a bowl of candy near the driveway with a sign telling kids to help themselves, but in an hour the candy was gone and the bowl was in shards. :mad: We're starting to hate Halloween around here.

[ October 29, 2001: Message edited by: kobieeli ]

thelmalu99
10-29-2001, 04:01 PM
I'm not sure...this will be my first Halloween with my babies, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Unfortunately, the last time I was home on Halloween, I bought loads of candy and only 3 kids showed up all evening! :(

jackiesdaisy1935
10-29-2001, 04:38 PM
In talking to people here, many said they are only taking their kids to houses where they know the people, which I think is smart.
Our Grandkids are coming over in the afternoon and we have cupcakes and sodas for them and a bag with money and candy in them.
As for Daisy and Perry, whenever anyone knocks on our door you would think it was 10 dogs all at once barking, I think they scare the kids off, but they really don't like the noise and costumes and we either try to put them in their crate for a little while or put a gate up and we put the lights out about 8:30. I think people should be very wary with their kids this year and keep a good eye on them.
Jackie

Edwina's Secretary
10-29-2001, 05:18 PM
We only get three groups of kids from the neighborhood but Edwina is ALWAYS first to the door when the bell rings. I got her a new costume for this year -- a cow. She actually lets me put it on her and sits in it for a while (although the look of pain on her face is pitiful.)

jackiesdaisy1935
10-29-2001, 08:18 PM
You have to get a picture of Edwina and post it so we can see it.
Jackie

ilovehounds
10-29-2001, 09:00 PM
Hannah is always a little shy around strangers when they first come in, so when she sees all these funny looking creatures she usually runs to me and stays planted safly on my knee for the rest of the night.

Copper is very protective of his yard but is deadly afraid of strangers so he will bark and howl from a distance.

Simba is a big wimp he stays hidden in my bedroom untill everything is over.

But my sisters boston is the greeter always willing to give a lick and show off :D

Daisy's Mom
10-29-2001, 10:04 PM
Daisy loves everyone! Especially kids! She just sees them as kiss opportunities :)

aly
10-29-2001, 10:49 PM
This will be my first Halloween with both Reece and Lolly. Shiloh always runs when she hears the doorbell, but I have her locked up in a room on that day anyway. She likes to hide when there's a lot of commotion so she doesn't mind.

I imagine Lolly will be on the skiddish side on Halloween night and it will just be another night to easy-going Reece. Reece thinks everyone is his best friend so he'll probably love it.

Pam
10-30-2001, 06:34 AM
Trevor and Andy are just like Shiloh. All people who knock at the door are scary to them. :rolleyes: I won't be around this Halloween night, and Bella hasn't been alive to see a Halloween so far, but I think she would be just like Reece. She would look at this as an opportunity to make some friends, even if they look a little unusual! One year I put a Frankenstein mask on and walked into the room where my Ashley was (now at Rainbow Bridge). She barked her head off at me til I took it off! :D

3-greys-and-a-mutt
10-30-2001, 08:02 AM
Last year, we sat out side on the front porch with the dogs in costume and leashed up. They loved seeing all the kids. Pup kept trying to lick everyone, and Buddy kept rolling around and showing off his belly! :D
We aren't doing it this year,though... most of the neighborhood kids go to their schools, churchs, or the zoo (which puts on a great program), instead of trick-or-treating. So, we may get 2-300 kids, but about 80% of them are from lower income neighborhoods and many of them don't dress up, don't even bother to say Trick or Treat, let alone Thank You. Gets me bummed out about Halloween. Used to be so much fun as a kid, going through the neighborhood, where every porch light was on, and the neighbors who really knew you would give full-size candy bars or bags of candy. :(

AdoreMyDogs
10-30-2001, 09:01 AM
Graham will be going with me to my mothers house in his Superman costume this year :) He loves everyone, especially children and he loves getting attention and getting petted. Cassie is also a social butterfly. She has never met someone that she didn't like. She's truly a sweet dog who wiggles and giggles when someone comes to visit. She loves halloween. I expect Ritz to like it, this is his first halloween. He loves people and absolutely loves to get admired and be held. Both of her cats are also big time lap cats who love everyone, even strangers, and demand love from everyone. We have such nice, friendly animals in my family :) Not a mean bone in any of their bodies. Her house is usually a hit with the kids because she has a houseful of extremely friendly and outgoing animals :)

joycenalex
10-30-2001, 09:13 PM
alex the wonder dog thinks halloween is great!! all those people come to meet him!
since i remove the top of the screen door to hand out the treats he has to stand up on his hind legs to see who is there, and a good sized jet black dog, white teeth and wide open(in a dog grin) mouth suddenly appearing as i hand out treats can be scary to some kids and adults. :eek: his first halloween he frightened a very small bunny-girl into deep sobs :(.

crow_noir
10-31-2001, 01:56 AM
"You mean they are not comming here to pet me?" :(

..."He pet me! He reallly pet me!!!"

"hey, you want to share some of that w/ me?"

*LabLoverKEB*
10-31-2001, 11:19 PM
Sadie doesn't really mind all the trick-or-treaters, she usually barks when they ring the doorbelle, though. She doesn't seem to be scared of their scary costumes, eathier! I'm pretty suprised! She used to be afraid of everything! :rolleyes:

ownerof3dogs
11-01-2001, 05:17 PM
Ok now that I finally have some free time I can tell you that My dog HATE trick or treaters.

Last year was a bad Holloween. We always lock up the dogs because they go crazy. Well it was around 9:30 and we hadn't had a trick or treater for about 1 and a half. So I was in the bathroom cleaning my fish filter when all of a sudden the front door flew open there was Scooby-Do(a young girl about 8 years Old)my dogs thought that she was breaking in and went into protection mode and attacked her. Luckly I was right there and grabbed all 3 dog(wasn't easy) and screamed for her to gt outside and shut the door. I ran outside expecting to be yelled at by a parent. But the strang thing is that the father was just standing there unconcerned. I was like in a panick. Hercules did bite her on the hand but it wasn't bad. The father never asked if my dogs had shots or any thing. I just can't beleive he let her just oped the door and walk in. Especially since we have a BEWARE OF GAURD DOG sign hung on the front door!

But the next day the Dog Warden did come and Herc did go into Kuartine for 14 days at our house but the dog Warden did say that it wasn't the dogs fault. He didn't evenwant to put Herc in Kuartine but he had to.