View Full Version : Deuce The Kitten With Two Faces Dies

QueenScoopalot
04-07-2005, 08:57 AM
http://www.theneworleanschannel.com/family/4326094/detail.html
RIP little one:(
Deuce The Kitten With Two Faces Dies
Kitten Only Survived Two Days

UPDATED: 10:12 am CST March 29, 2005

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Deuce, the two-faced kitten, has died.

Deuce was first introduced to the public in early March. But he died two days after his birth.

Theresa Morrison of Lake City, Fla., was the proud owner of a batch of newborn kittens. But when she looked closely at one of them, she discovered something unlike anything she had ever seen before -- the cat had two faces. The kitten had two mouths, two noses and four eyes.

"I thought it had a growth on its face," she said.

When a veterinarian first examined the kitten, named Deuce because of his unusual appearance, Morrison was told Deuce's fate would be decided within the first two days of birth. After a viewer request, TheNewOrleansChannel.com recently followed up on the kitten that generated so much interest.

"They (the veterinarian) told me two things," said Morrison. "Either it has two brains or one. If it has two, it'll be better off and live. If one brain, the brain might push too much blood through and die."

Much to Morrison's dismay, the veterinarian's two-day window turned out to be correct. Deuce was pronounced dead two days after its birth. The cause of death was not determined, although Morrison suspected the odds of Deuce's survival was slim.

smokey the elder
04-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Poor kitten. There was probably other genetic damage there. RIP, Deuce.

catmandu
04-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Poor Little Deuce! Well when,he gets to that Rainbow Bridge,that Our Good Lord,will make things right,and make Deuce,whole,with one very handsome Face! And Deuce,will be an Eternal Kitten,and have fun,with all the Kittens,for eternity!

rosethecopycat
04-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Things are not perfect in this world.
I'm sorry that things were not right for Duece.
But as Gary said so well, things will be made right in the next world.

Godspeed to the bridge, little Duece