PDA

View Full Version : NOT FOR CARRIES EYES!!!!! PET POLL

jackiesdaisy1935
10-23-2001, 10:14 AM
Do you treat your pet like a child?
Since Carrie won't be reading this I'll confess. Yes we do, probably to the extreme.
We have three toy boxes filled with toys, a drawer filled with different collars, every kind of dog treat there is, they sleep with us, we take them on vacations, we kiss and hug them all the time, and I could go on and on. Our kids are all grown now and yes they are our fur children. :D
Jackie

Former User
10-23-2001, 10:26 AM
In a way I guess we do too, but we don't dress them up, or buy masses of toys. We do kiss and hug them a lot (you should see their faces sometimes as they don't like us kissing them so often :) ).

3-greys-and-a-mutt
10-23-2001, 10:35 AM
Oh yes, definately. We spoil them rotten. We don't have any skin kids yet, so they are our babies. There are toys all over the floor, and a big rubbermaid container of them down in the basement. The greyhounds have three coats apiece. Two shelves in our cupboard are full of dog treats. They have to have variety, you see - big treats (in a variety of shapes and flavors), small treats, breath-freshening treats, soft treats, big treats like pig snouts, etc....
Many of their toys are cheapie toys, though - clearance rack or bargain stuff, for two reasons: 1)they are just going to get dirty and ripped anyhow, and 2)we are just poor struggling newlyweds (well, almost 2 years now) with a mortgage and college bills. Good thing, though, because if I had more money to spend, I'd be spending it all on my dogs!!! :D The best in everything! When I am a retiree with more time and money, Jackie, I will probably be even worse than you when it comes to spoiling my puppers! :D

purrley
10-23-2001, 10:38 AM
Yes my kitties (all 4) are my children and they get treated that way. They all have toys, get bundled up in blankets, get talked to like a baby and even get a few spoonsful of baby food as a treat once in a while. They each even have a Christmas Sock with their name on it for Santa to put special treats in there for them. :D

Logan
10-23-2001, 10:40 AM
So much so that my mother said yesterday that I REALLY need to get a boyfriend. :eek: We were in their driveway after a quick visit, and I was "talking" with Honey...you know how it is. Mom thinks my whole life is wrapped around these dogs and cats. She's partially right, the rest of me is wrapped around Helen!!! And not a single one of them ever disappoint me either! :p My mother just rolled her eyes at me! She thinks I'm crazy...just wish I could put a video camera on her for a while and show her how she is with her Mr. Darcy! LOL! I get it naturally....from her!

kobieeli
10-23-2001, 11:18 AM
Of course they're our children, and they're treated like little humans. We have no real kids and don't plan on having any, so we share our lives with dogs. We put more time and thought into getting them than most people put into actually having a child.

Both of us are happiest with animals around. We arrange all of our weekend trips so that they can go along, we've trained them to be good in cars and hotels and campgrounds, and we schedule an activity each day for them to get out of the house with us. We research foods, diseases, toys, and other dog topics. Ninety percent of the photos we take have the dogs in them. They suck our checkbooks dry, but we'd never have it any other way! :)

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: kobieeli ]

Corinna
10-23-2001, 11:25 AM
Ok I admit it the sofa spud is sometimes treated better than my kids(he deserves it more he listens more than the teens). He also will be here after they all move out and leave me!

aly
10-23-2001, 12:40 PM
My babies are my children. I go to the extreme treating them like human kids. Some people think I'm weird, but I think there's nothing wrong with loving your pets. I think there's absolutely NO problem with spoiling your dogs as long as they are well behaved and know their positions in the pack :)

I can't walk into the pet store without buying at least one thing for each of them. So they each have almost more belongings than I do! They also sleep under the covers with their heads on my pillows in bed with me. They have different outfits for different occasions, different shampoos for different occasions, assorted toys, treats, seatbelts, harnesses, all sorts of medical supplies, etc etc etc. There's a whole closet in my apartment for them!!

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

jackiesdaisy1935
10-23-2001, 01:14 PM
Aly, Carrie would be happy to know your dogs know their place in the pack :D
but not happy knowing they sleep on your pillow oh oh :(
You better hope she don't read this! :D
Jackie

karen israel
10-23-2001, 03:09 PM
Pssst.. Jackie..Shhhh...Don't let our Carrie hear this....
As hard as I tried, I could NOT get that girl to smell Paddy's paws for traces of Frito feet!!! I even CALLED her long distance and dared her! I thinkLogan sent her Fritos too so she could identify with that heavenly aroma! No dice.
"Cody's just a dog" "Cody's just a dog" !! YEAH!! MYdog! The center of my world, the love of my life! I wouldn't trade those exasperating puppy years for all the money in the....(oops..well thank God that's just an expression)!
Me too! Can't pass him by without a hug, pat, kiss, stroke. (my 1st trainer screamed at me in class cause I hugged him when he didn't do a thing to deserve it!)
She hated me, cause I told her he deserved it by just by being alive and by my side.
Hey! we have a humungeous toy box too! though most of the squeekies get scattered all over, as do the infamous chewed up tennis balls...so you have to watch where you walk!!! LOL! :D I put the toys away, Cody follows and takes them out, so I don't care as long as he's happy!
Count me in! I would do ANYTHING for Cody too!!!! My life has changed dramatically, but for the good!! I say a prayer for him everynight! :cool:

jackiesdaisy1935
10-23-2001, 04:28 PM
Karen, I laughed so much when you said the trainer screamed at you for petting him when you weren't supposed to.
That's funny because I will call Daisy and call her and call her and she won't come and I'll say thats o.k. and I'll go over and give her a hug and kiss her, when she doesn't feel like eating the dry food, I will sit on the floor and feed her out of my hand. Now thats extreme.
Weeeellll I hope Dixie don't read this post and hope Carrie don't sneak in here or we are busted. So much for obedience training. :D
Jackie

Daisy's Mom
10-23-2001, 05:06 PM
Definitely! I spend more money on that houndy girl than I do on myself! Only the best for Daisy Mae! And, since Carrie isn't reading this, Daisy sleeps with me every night and takes all the covers and half of my pillow! I sleep hanging off the edge of the bed. My mom always asked why I don't push her over, but I can't. Daisy is Queen :)

carrie
10-23-2001, 05:18 PM
Carrie IS NOT SNEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie IS LISTENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie IS DISGUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Thought you were safe, didn't you?

A bag of Fritos will not sway me ( scrummy though they were ), future shipments may keep my mouth busy, but, alas, not my fingers!!

You can not hide, you can not escape - you are doing your dogs no favours and I object!!!!!!!! (Quite strongly, as long you don't mind?)

Seriously though I had a client last weekend that was actually still practising the method she had seen Barbara Woodhouse use to "cure" sound shyness. The fact that her poor collie was thirteen years old and it hadn't worked yet meant nothing to her!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
10-23-2001, 05:49 PM
OH OH BUSTED,

AngieS
10-23-2001, 05:53 PM
Absolutely my cat(Kitti) and dog (Olli) are treated like kids. And i wouldn't have it any other way. (We do not have any skin kids yet).They also have lots of toys and get new ones often.Like Jackie said you go to pick up the toys and put them in the toy basket and they come along right behind you and drag every last one out again! LOL needless to say they usually remain scattered throughout the house. I also keep several kinds of treats most of the time. Both Kitti and Olli sleep in bed with us. Olli likes to sleep just like a person with his head on the pillows and body stretched out under the covers when he is cold.Kitti usually sleeps on or beside me under the covers or on my pillow.Both Kitti and Olli like to go for a ride in the car. Olli usually goes a lot of places that he can go with us. Well i guess you get the idea of what i am saying i could go on and on and on...But i'll spare you. LOL

Angie

Kitti - 1 yr. old,female,white with black and grey stripes.
Olli - Boxer-9 mo.old,male,fawn,natural ears, docked tail

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: AngieS ]

AmberLee
10-23-2001, 07:06 PM
Having read Carrie's comments carefully, I am relieved to note that my fur-babies can be spoiled rotten with impunitity since they are cats. (I got the message wrong? Surely not!)

Heh, heh, heh. :D

Cassy and Livvy (and little Sassy before her) are my furry spoiled rotten substitute kids. Sorry guys. And it's hard to tell the carpet color under the thin layer of cat toys and scratching-post debris. Maybe it's just as well I'm not able to have people kids {skin kids?} ...

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: AmberLee ]

Pam
10-23-2001, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AngieS:
[QB](We do not have any skin kids yet).

Skin kids! LOL!

Logan
10-23-2001, 07:28 PM
LOL! I love the "skin kids" comment too! :D I have one of those, and she is as big a sucker as I am about our "kids".

Carrie, I know you're watching!!! :) No dogs sleep with me. Is that Alpha enough?? But I will say that after three nights away, I had one cat at my feet and one cat at my head.......is there any way to become alpha with the cats????????? :eek: I'd probably sleep a lot better!!!

crow_noir
10-23-2001, 08:03 PM
from the outside world i've been told i treat my dogs as if they were my children. i admit, sometimes i do. but i like to think of King more as my best friend. and i treat my best friends way better then most people treat theirs. my loyalty to King has to match his loyalty to me. we have really formed a strong bond since he has come to live w/ me. (i think it started the moment i pet the cute little fuzzy puppy! "what is he? a german shepherd mutt?" ah! the innocence of children!)

crow_noir
10-23-2001, 08:09 PM
Aly, for the past week i have marvled at that picture of Shiloh and couldn't help but to think (s)he was saying something. almost like a cartoon!!! i love it!!! i've been trying not to say anything, because i just can't come up w/ the right words to express the look. (and i'm guilty of not remembering if Shi is a he or she. my friend actually has a female name Shiloh)

Shoshonee
10-23-2001, 10:14 PM
I am always teased about treating my furry little kids as human kids. My husband calls me an extremist.(all the while giving Daisy treats galore and playing with Copper till neither can breathe) :) My in-laws keep saying "they're just dogs". Just MY dogs!! Lucky them!! I heard a quote that I am going to find some way to put on my front door. "we got rid of the kids 'cause the dogs were allergic."(no kids yet!) :p

aly
10-23-2001, 11:11 PM
I have spent so much time at seminars and workshops on dog behavior. I have also pretty much centered my life around training the dogs at the shelter for the past almost 2 years. I don't think I have made any mistakes with Reece or Lolly. They listen to me the *first* time I give a command. They know their place. And I have absolutely no problems with them ever. I would be lonely, cold, and miserable if I didn't have 3 extra bodies in my bed. Even though I sleep like Bridget hanging on the edge of the bed with no covers and a fraction of the pillow, I wouldn't have it any other way. I could tell them to get up and they would, but I choose not too :)

crow_noir - thanks! :) Shiloh is a girl. I was hoping you guys wouldn't think the pic was scary looking, hehe.

Corinna
10-23-2001, 11:24 PM
hey I have a question! How can Merlin think he's alpha when he is warming or having to SMELL my feet . He's only allowed at the foot of the bed. HEHE He has frito feet and I surely do not!!!!

AngieS
10-24-2001, 01:30 AM
LOL Pam and Logan i can't believe you all have not heard people referring to their kids as "skin kids" before. i picked that up at another pet site for Boxer dogs.

Anyways, what do you mean about the alpha roles and spoiling your dogs???? :confused: could someone please inform me...
I have never heard that because you are alpha that you can't "spoil" or treat your dogs well.

Angie

Dixieland Dancer
10-24-2001, 08:54 AM
JACKIE JACKIE JACKIE..... You really do need to work on your obedience... HA HA HA
Getting down on the floor to hand feed Ms. Daisy because she refuses to eat!!!!! :eek:

Since Carrie is not paying attention to this post I'll tell you a little secret.... SHHHH don't tell anyone else - okay? Promise? Okay I'll tell..... My Dixie was a finicky eater and I too got down on the floor and would hand feed her! :rolleyes: Remember you promised not to tell anyone! LOL

One day one of the guys I work with come in and said he was in the dog house with his wife. Someone else yelled across the room That's not such a bad place to be in Candy's house! My dogs are extremely spoiled but they do know I am alpha. Even my husband occassionally asks "Do you think I should grow Gold fur"? He thinks I am obsessed with the dogs. I admit I am!!!!!! Wouldn't want it any other way. And I also have a limited amount of space in the bed because I want to! It just wouldn't be the same without the furbabies snuggling with me. I can kick them out to sleep on the floor but I don't want to! :p

jackiesdaisy1935
10-24-2001, 09:41 AM
Dixie, I had enough trouble teaching my husband that I was Alpha, I'm too old to try now with the dogs. :D :D :D :D :D :D
I hope Don doesn't read this.
Jackie

Logan
10-24-2001, 10:38 AM
LOL!!! Jackie, you are too funny! :D And Dixie, I was laughing yesterday, after telling someone about our beach trip, and my friend said "In my second life, I would like to come back as your Golden Retriever". Ha Ha!!! They do have a pretty good life, but they sure make my life EXCELLENT!!! :D

nsweezie
10-24-2001, 10:38 AM
This topic is right up my alley! My two boys, Scooter and Clyde are like kids to me. In fact my family refers to them as my sons. They are very spoiled. But so worth it.

Cynthia
10-24-2001, 01:00 PM
Count me in as one who doesn't have "skin kids," so Stump and Emmett, as I've said before, are "indulged." They usually sleep on my bed, and I miss them when they jump down in the middle of the night. (Stump always comes back and is there when I wake up.) My sisters and brother all have human kids, and my Mom has framed photos of her grandkids on display in her house. So I'm going to give her framed photos of her "grandcats!" :D

Corinna
10-24-2001, 01:11 PM
Jackie haven't you figured it out you just let hubby THINK he's alpha and you just keep the quiet control. After 22 years mine still thinks he is in charge (HAHA). MIne is too busy on his taxidermy chat and boards to be on here so I luck out that he won't see it.

10-24-2001, 01:53 PM
If they act like children, then treat them like children :D! So, since mine act like kids and we don't have any human kids, then they become our kids :D!

I talk to them like children - it isn't just "Lexi, NO!" Or "Maddie, SIT!" (well, after I get mad then it is... :rolleyes: )
It's more like "Lexi, sit your butt on that floor!" "Maddie, get out here now!" "How's my girls today?" "Mommy will be back soon so behave!" "Are you guys hungry for dinner?"

I talk to them, hug them, kiss them, buy them cute little toys every chance I get, call hubby "daddy" and I am "mommy" - we worry about them being home alone - REALLY WORRY! - and it even comes down to not having any peace in the bathroom. Most of you parents out there should relate to that..... if you leave the door cracked then that is an invitation for the dogs to come and jump in your lap when you are on the toilet!!! So there you are pushing them down and then walking with your pants around your ankles to shoo them out and shut the door.... pretty funny. My gosh, I hope I'm not alone on this one... if so then I just gave more information than I needed to :eek: :eek:

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-24-2001, 03:08 PM
We don't have skin kids. Drake is our kid. He is spoiled rotten. He has so many toys and different collars and leashes. He sleeps on the bed with us, hangs out and watches TV with us, and goes on vacations with us too.
He knows that we are the boss and he listens to us. So, I guess we are OK.

thelmalu99
10-24-2001, 03:14 PM
I don't know how I missed this topic!
I am guilty, guilty, guilty of all of the above.
Like Logan, I get it from my Mom. I was talking to her the other day, and she was telling me that a picture she had on her wall was ruined by water damage, so she needs something else to put up. She asked if I have a picture of "her grandchildren" together that I can have enlarged and framed for her. :)
Dad, on the other hand, gives me the look when he comes over and I say to the kitties, "say hi to grandpa, babies!" :confused:

catwoman
10-24-2001, 03:15 PM
No skin kids here, either. Just the two fur-babies. :rolleyes:

Dixieland Dancer
10-24-2001, 03:16 PM
NO you are not alone! If there is a crack in the door then Dixie pushes it open with her nose and pesters me in the bathroom. She's too big to sit on my lap but she gives me her paw and won't take it away until I make her "Go lay down". I learned not to close the bedroom door when I go to bed before everyone else because she will sit out there and sigh and get upset because I'm behind closed doors. She figures if I'm in the big bed then she is gonna be there too! :eek: Good thing Carrie is not listening! LOL

I am also MOMMY and my husband is DADDY. We do have a human kid (11 years of age) and he loves the dogs as much as we do so it doesn't bother him. I give my dad birthday cards from his Grand Doggies and little Christmas gifts from them too! He thinks I'm a little nuts and pretends he doesn't like it but deep down we both know he looks forward to it. :D

My dad knows how much the dogs mean to me and tries to understand although I don't think he does completely. He just tolerates my craziness because he loves me. :rolleyes: My hubby is almost as bad as me when he tells the neighbors "His DAUGHTER" got a ribbon or retrieved a duck or something else along these lines. I just call them my BABIES!! :D

Pam
10-24-2001, 04:17 PM
Jackie, :D :D :D :D :D I think that's the funniest post I have ever read. You really have me laughing. I completely understand and agree with you! Good one!

jackiesdaisy1935
10-24-2001, 04:33 PM
Gee my youngest daughter would fit in here, no skin kids for her she says, not ever, and she has two Schnauzers too, Alex and Sabrina.
I laugh when you say you are Mommie and Daddy to your dogs as we are "Daisy, come see Nana, or Daisy, come see Poppa. We are Nana and Poppa to our Grandkids and Perry and Daisy. When Daisy comes to bed with me she has her stuffed red rabbit and she lays down beside me with her head on her pillow and the red rabbit between her paws. Perry on the other hand will only sleep in his crate but must have his blue rabbit in there with him. We do baby them but love to do it.
Jackie

SimbaTWonderDog
10-24-2001, 10:05 PM
Whats the fun of haveing a pet if you can spoil and baby em? But.. Simba.. babied?.. naaah...the other night i was only freezing cause i gave him my blacket cause he was shivering
i had him all tucked in with my blanket and he was snoreing as i was laying there shivering! But Simba.. spoiled and babied?!?! NAAAAAAAAHHH! ;)

RachelJ
10-25-2001, 10:56 PM
My husband used to have a fit when I referred to him as the dogs' Daddy. He has pretty much come to accept it now. Somehow I always felt that I was the only person who thought like this. When I came here and found all the other Moms and Dads to dogs, it was quite a pleasant surprise.

Dixieland Dancer
10-26-2001, 10:52 AM
We actually go one step further than mommy and daddy! I am Gramma to some of Dixie's babies. We get the pups together whenever we can at Gramma's house! :D Hubby hasn't gone this far yet but understands my role! After all I'm Dixie's mom so that just naturally makes her babies my grandchildren, doesn't it??????? Now if only they take care of me when I get older instead of putting me in a nursing home!
:eek: LOL

K9karen
10-26-2001, 11:35 PM
Ha Ha! :D :D :D :D This thread is getting as honest and hysterical as Frito Feet!! I have to admit, I was SO thrilled by Candy's replies!!! AND, someone also told me they'd want to come back as my dog!!! "Grow Gold Hair"? had me laughing hysterically!!! And skin-kids was just a riot! I'm too lazy to put heat on my arthritic hips, but not too lazy to do it for Cody before a massage! (warm and wrapped-safe, no burning..don't worry! I wouldn't hurt a hair on his bod) I love you all!! It's sooo "normal" on this board! I feel so safe and secure!!!

Well, I did before Carrie snuck in!!!! :D I know Carrie just
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: at her Yank friends!

[ October 27, 2001: Message edited by: K9karen ]

Ila
10-27-2001, 09:44 AM
Oh yes!! Our Misty is our child. All of the pets we have had have been our babies. We never had human children so our furring pets took our hearts. Each pet we have had kind of have taken our habits and blended into the human culture. They do think they are human. I swear they do. You talk to Misty and ask her where her toy is and she will walk to it lay beside it and look up at you. She wants you to play. She is a cat and I know that is unusual for a cat. If she could talk human she would every sence of the word be a child. She talks in meos as we are talking to her like we are having a conversation. She gets a lot of attention. She is our Baby!! :)

cr7clark
11-01-2001, 09:00 AM
Count me in, Miss Bo is our Baby Girl, even though she's thirteen. She is so small, and has the cutest little chirp of a meow, but we spoil her absolutely rotten! She gets baby food as a treat ever so often, spooned out in dainty little portions. She has all the toys she ever wants, gets in our laps whenever she wants to, sleeps in the bed with us and follows us around the house asking for attention just like a small child would. We have no "skin kids" so Bo is our baby doll. I'm her Mommy and Jim is Daddy, and she's a Daddy's girl, to be sure! :D

jackiesdaisy1935
11-01-2001, 04:34 PM
CARRIE where are you???Perry wanted you to know that he don't sleep in the big bed, he sleeps in his new condo and dreams of the Pet Talk Gals here. Us Yanks are a little daff, no?

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/021/ck/9N/iy/r516482.jpg

thelmalu99
11-01-2001, 05:02 PM
LOL, Jackie! I LOVE it! Perry looks so cool! Such a little playboy! :D

carrie
11-01-2001, 05:55 PM
I'm still here, Yeah Perry!!
Cool dude or what? (oooohhh, can't help it.....have to say.....a bed is as good as a crate, better as it forces the owner to have control over the animal rather than shutting it away! (Not trying to start a new thread - you all know how I feel and I know you are all set in your ways..)) Perry is different, by the way, this should do him the world of good just don't shut the door on him at night - I've lost that one already, haven't I?!?!?!
You were all right - Carrie should not look at this topic! Most of you are, I am sure, trying to get me to react in a good natured way but there is the odd one or two that really disturb me. It makes my heart ache and keeps me awake at night so I will not look any more.
This is, officially, a Carrie free zone from now on.

wolflady
11-01-2001, 05:56 PM
Jackie, LOL LOL LOL that pic is just too fabulous!! :D That pretty much says it all right there!! ha ha ha :D
I have just been rollin' reading some of these posts! Sandra, this thread is starting to become addicting like that famous Frito Feet phenomenon that you started!!! LOL LOL :eek: I think you have some competition in the funny thread starting department! LOL Just kidding, but really...I do love my kitties and they are pretty much babied. I can only imagine how spoiled a dog will be once I get one....!!! :eek: :D :o

aly
11-02-2001, 12:21 AM
I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to letting dogs sleep in the big bed. I really think it comes down to the individual situations. Different people have different opinions, and as long as the dog is loved and well cared for, I really don't think one choice is better than the other.

Carrie - I doubt anyone here was trying to ruffle your feathers. I know I wasn't. Pet Talk isn't a place where people go around wanting to start arguments. Sorry if I was one of the ones that offended you but I was just stating my opinion which happens to be a bit different than yours :D

jackiesdaisy1935
11-02-2001, 01:05 AM
Carrie, we don't mean anything, just teasing you a little. You know more about dogs in your little finger than I do in my whole body. I know you are serious and work hard with your dogs, at our age we just want to enjoy them, it's a little late for us to try to teach them even the basics. Really they have a good life and I think they are happy.
I promise I won't tease you anymore if it bothers you, you know how much we all love and respect you. Now I hope you will read this post. :)
Jackie

shais_mom
11-02-2001, 02:15 AM
I am a very late comer to this topic.
I agree, Carrie is a wealth of knowledge, and I don't see the harm in anyones behaivor on here. I do the same thing for the most part.
But Carrie knows more about dogs than I do.
Shai was the spoiled rotten child, she had shelves of treats b/c she was sooooo picky. When she wouldn't eat, I would pour broth over her food. Or find a can of food and give her.
Now Kylie is the spoiled one, she gets something everytime I go to the store, as did Shai.
I refer to myself as "MOM" and since no daddy is in the pics...... My DAD is Granpa! my mom refuses to be granma to a dog or a cat.
My sister even refers to herself as mom and dad to their dog and they had skin kids first!! She was also Aunt Amy to Shai.
I don't have skin kids, no real desire to have them anytime soon. So I have to have something to spend my time and attention on. Of course I would have more money if I didn't have the furkids but what good is that gonna do me if something happens tomorrow??
The joy and love that Shai gave me while she was at my side here on earth, is priceless.
I could never ask for anything more other than another dog to share something similiar with. God sent her to me to show me unconditional love.
The joy and comfort, gratitude and love that Kylie has shown me the short time she has been with me is equally priceless. I can't imagine these past 2 mos without Shaianne without Kylie.
I would not be the person I am today without my furkids in my life. I certainly wasn't like I am now 2 years ago before I got Shai, I am a better person, more thoughtful, caring, sympathetic, responsible, etc.
God bless all of you.

RachelJ
11-02-2001, 06:20 AM
God forbid that I would try to speak for Carrie, but I think what she was saying was that she thinks some of us might go off the deep end with these mommy and daddy notions and that made her worry about us. I don't think she took offense or thought any of us were trying to agitate her.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-02-2001, 09:11 AM
Just had to share:
None of the dogs sleep in bed with us, but Pup has a habit of jumping up in the middle of the night and curling up with me. I'm a deep sleeper, so I never notice!
Anyhow, this morning, when the alarm went off at 6:20, I told Joe to hit snooze, and I rolled over to get ten more minutes of sleep. I turned my head, and AHHH! there was a fuzzy little Pup, curled up on the other side of my pillow. And she was so happy to see my face turned towards her that she started frantically licking and pawing at my face and nibbling my nose! In my half-asleep stupor, I laid there for a minute, wondering what the heck was going on?!! Buddy heard Pup's excitement, and starting whining. I sat up and looked at him, and he took it as an invitation to jump into bed, too. Needless to say, I didn't get to appreciate the "snooze". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Dixieland Dancer
11-02-2001, 10:03 AM
Jackie, what a little stud muffin you have. He is soooo cool in his shades and his picture pin ups! I'll have to let Dixie know she is a pin up doll (or a pin up witch as the case is)! :eek: LOL

3 Grays, You may not of gotten the 10 minutes of extra snooze time but just think, a lasting memory was created! :D I'd take the memory over the snooze anytime.

Carrie, Just in case you PEEK again..... You know I Love you and all the wonderful information you share. We don't always agree (I bet you didn't know that!) but we always give our advice passionately and from our hearts. You are very respected on Pet Talk. Forgive us our little Americanized Quirks! :rolleyes:

aly
11-02-2001, 10:12 PM
:o :o :o Thanks for clarifying Rachel. I really misunderstood... opps!