PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Peace My Sweet Dale

Christiansmommy
04-06-2005, 07:51 PM
I have some very hard news to share right now. Dale passed on to the Rainbow Bridge today. He was alone when this happened. I was at a funeral in Pennsylvania and my husband was at work. Rob came home to him, and he had already passed away on his bed. He was going to turn 2 in May. I am still in shock, I really don't think it has sunk in yet. We did not have an autopsy done. We are pretty sure it was bloat. His stomach was extremely large and bloated and there were spots of foam all over the place. Which is a sign of bloat...they try to throw up and they can't. The vet seemed to think that he was more bloated than normal, and though animals bloat after death, these signs just seemed like bloat. He was completely normal this morning before i left, and I know this can come on very suddenly...and is life or death if not treated immediatly.

Reguardless of the fact of how he died...my big boy is gone, and I miss him. I plan to write up a real memorial note to him later, but I just can't bring myself to do it now. Thank you all for listening.

Robyn

Uabassoon
04-06-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm so sorry :( I'm shocked and so very saddended by this news. You'll be in my thoughts.

RIP Dale.

K9soul
04-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Oh my God Robyn... Oh God.. I'm so very very shocked, so very sorry :( :( :(. I just have tears streaming down my cheeks. I can't imagine the incredible shock and pain you must be experiencing right now. Oh Lord, so much tragedy to so many wonderful Pet Talk families lately. It just isn't fair :(. Not beautiful, sweet Dale. :(

I'm sorry I just can't come up with any meaningful words right now, I'm just too shocked and grieved.. for you, Dale, Christian. May God be with you. I will light a candle for precious Dale. Robyn, I'm so sorry :(

GoldenRetrLuver
04-06-2005, 07:58 PM
OMG. :( It's not fair. :(:(

I'm really at a loss for words... I'm so, so sorry..

{{{hugs}}}

Rest In Peace, sweet Dale..

:(:(

shutterbug0303
04-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Oh my....I just can't think of a thing to say! I am sooo sorry :( :( Dale was such a young boy! :(

**tears, tears, tears**

Robyn...I wish there was some comfort for you now. I'm so so sorry :(

Dale will be sorely missed

{{{{hugs}}}}}}

:( :(

manda_moo87
04-06-2005, 08:06 PM
I'm soooo sorry.... :( :( :( Dale was such a beautiful boy and so young! Sending lots of prayers your way. RIP sweet Dale... :(

Kfamr
04-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Oh my, Robyn.. I have shivers and goosebumps all over ym body right now. I'm in tears... I don't know what to say, i'm speechless.

Hugs to you, your husband, Christian, Pam, and the rest of your family who's grown to love Dale like the rest of us.

Oh gosh. :(

Ginger's Mom
04-06-2005, 08:09 PM
I am so sorry. I know you hurt really bad right now, and there just isn't much anyone can say. He was a very handsome boy and I am sure he knew how loved he was. Again I am very sorry.

LorraineO
04-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Oh Lord,,,, this is simply the worst news ever,,,, We here are so sorry for the loss.... Please know that even if you wernt with him,, he knew you loved him so......

Rest Easy sweet Dale!!

jennifert9
04-06-2005, 08:11 PM
What a tragedy...I'm so very very sorry... My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge Dale.

lizbud
04-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Oh no. I am so shocked to hear this.:( Poor dear boy.:(
I am so very sorry.:(

flamepony12
04-06-2005, 08:21 PM
I am in disbelief right now. :( I am so sorry. :( Rest in Peace, sweet boy, and play hard at the RB :(

Kater
04-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Robyn, I don't know what to say. I am so terribly sorry. :(
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
RIP always, precious Dale.

Tweety_Pie
04-06-2005, 08:22 PM
I am so sorry for your loss:(

R.I.P sweet Dale

micki76
04-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Oh, Robyn. :( I'm just sobbing. I'm so awfully sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you all must be feeling right now. To come home and find him like that must have been utterly devastating.

Godspeed Dale - Play hard, sweetie.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} to your entire family. You all have my deepest sympathy.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Oh my... Robyn, I don't even know what to say. You will be in my thoughts. :( *big hugs*

4 Dog Mother
04-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh, Robyn, what terrible news!!! Dale was such a beautiful dog - I know you will miss your big boy terribly. I can't imagine what it must be like to come home and find your baby like that. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

chocolatepuppy
04-06-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm so, so sorry. :( May Dale Rest in Peace.

Corinna
04-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Hugs , tears, and Prayers

IRescue452
04-06-2005, 08:51 PM
I am so sorry. This is so sudden I don't know what to say except that this is a reminder to all of us to treat every day as a blessing as we never know when a loved one is going to pass on. I know how hard this must be on you. Remember the good times and play hard at the bridge Dale.

Cookiebaker
04-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Robyn, I'm so sorry! This is all so shocking and sudden. I can't imagine the pain that you must be feeling right now.

Rest in Peace, sweet Dale. You were so loved by many, and will be missed very much!

{{hugs}}

luvofallhorses
04-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Dale, you were a very pretty boy. Your mommy loved you so. You only had 2 years of life but your mommy gave you the best life you could have asked for. RIP sweetie. :(:(
Christiansmommy, if you ever need to talk e-mail me at [email protected] or pm me hugs to you hunnie. I am so very shocked, too. :(
Dale let Colby show you the ropes. :(

RobiLee
04-06-2005, 09:06 PM
I can't talk. I am so shocked. I'm sittin here crying. I loved Dale so much and I never even met him in person. omg.....

Oh Robyn....I remember how excited you were to be getting a swissie puppy. I had just gotten Katie and you just couldn't wait to get your new furkid. I remember when you brought him home. I always loved the pictures of Christian and Dale together. It reminded me of my son and our RB girl growing up together.

I am so very very sorry that this has happened. I can't express it enough.

I will be thinking of you and your family. Please take care.

OH, Dale...I will miss you so much.

Robin :( :( :(

Pam
04-06-2005, 09:07 PM
I have cried with Robyn over the phone and haven't been able to stop thinking of my sweet granddog since hearing the news. Dale and I had shared a couple of "one on one" weekends when I "babysat" him while Robyn and Rob were away. He was always so glad to see me and that big ole tail would whip around from side to side with joy. I know that Robyn's house is going to seem very empty now. I will never be able to say to Bella and Ripley "Dale's coming" and watch them run to the door to greet him. This is a heartwrenching ending to an already sad day. My Whitney (standard poodle) passed away due to what we believe to be bloat and I know she was probably one of the first to welcome Dale to the Rainbow Bridge. In Dale's memory I wanted to post a picture of his handsome face. Run and play Dale. We will surely miss you. :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/DSCN5652.jpg

captain
04-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Oh Robyn:(

How very, very sad ........ please accept my condolences and {{{hugs}}} and prayers across the miles.

Love to you all
Michelle

Vermontcat
04-06-2005, 09:13 PM
This is such a shock.:(
I'm so sorry that Dale is gone.
Hugs to all of you and especially Christian who lost his best buddy.:(

petslover
04-06-2005, 09:18 PM
That is very shocking. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. If you ever need to talk about anything feel free to PM me anytime. I know this is hard for your and your family just remember that Dale is looking down on you from Heaven. I am so sorry for your hard loss.

K9soul
04-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Robyn, I hope you don't mind but I just wanted to post some of my favorite pictures of Dale. He has always touched my heart in a special way, and I just feel so incredibly distressed though I have never met him in person. I would never have believed before Pet Talk how close I could come to feel to people and pets I've not met in person. Pam, I know Dale was like one of your own too :(

Dale, the pictures say it all. You were a beautiful, gentle, happy soul. You are now one very special angel at the Rainbow Bridge.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/dalepup2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/dalepup3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/dale7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/dale9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/dale8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/dale6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/dale5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/dale4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/dale3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/dale2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/dale1.jpg

A candle burns for you at this very moment, beautiful soul.

luvofallhorses
04-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks for posting those K9soul I know I have never met Dale either but seem like I knew him. He was gorgeous. You make the stars shine brighter now in the sky now, Sweet Dale. I know what you're going through, ChristiansMommy I just don't want to bring it up to make you sadder nor am I ready to talk about it like I said pm me if you ever need to talk. ((((((MANY HUGS))))))) Just look at that sweet face.

tatsxxx11
04-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Oh my God:(:(:( Robyn, I can't begin to put words together to express my grief. I can't believe this. Oh, this is too much; too much sadness and loss. I'm so sorry Robyn. Your Dale was such a beautiful boy. I can't say anymore.

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-06-2005, 09:25 PM
RIP sweet Dale:(:( I'm soooo sorry for your loss, Dale was a gorgeous boy. I don't even know what to say, I'm so shocked by this news....:(

RobiLee
04-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Thank you, Jessica. I was searching for some of my favorite pics of Dale. Such a handsome boy.

I too have a candle lit.

Rest In Peace, Dale. You will be greatly missed.

Lots of hugs for you and your family, Robyn. Also hugs for you, Pam.

My deepest sympathies....Robin :(

sammy101
04-06-2005, 09:32 PM
omg i dont know what to say:( how tragic:( Im so sorry for your loss.Dale was such a beautiful boy,im going to miss seeing him:(
My deepest sympathys
RIP sweet dale:(

Cincy'sMom
04-06-2005, 09:38 PM
What sad, tragic news. I can't even find the words...

I am so sorry for your loss. We have enjoyed watching Dale grow from the adorable little puppy into handsome, regal dog. To have him taken from you so suddenly, I just can't imagine the pain your whole family is feeling.

RIP Dale. You've left big pawprints on our hearts.

LuckiLab03
04-06-2005, 09:43 PM
How sad... I don't even know what to say.. unexpected deaths are so sad.. I went through it with my 7 year old black lab and I was devestated.

Dale was a very very handsome boy and loved by a lot of people. I'm so sorry for your loss and sorry you have to go through it. Though I'm positive Dale knew how much you loved him and how much he loved you. I bet he cherished every moment he had with you..

Rest in peace, Dale..

Karen
04-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Oh no! Dale was such a handsome guy, and so sweet with Christian. Bloat is a swift killer, and shows no mercy. Rest in peace, pretty boy. You go find my family's Saints up there at the Rainbow Bridge. Bruni's been there a while almost a year, she's a Saint Bernard, so she's a big girl. She'll lead you to my mom, whom will have a biscuit for you, okay?

Oh, Robin, we are heartbroken for you and your family. Dale will live forever in your pictures and your memories, and he will always be Christian first doggie. Nothing can change that.

Cinder & Smoke
04-06-2005, 09:57 PM
:(

Hi God ~

We dunno what ta say ...
Lotta Sadness down here onna Durt Ball these daze ...
Lotta our FRIENDS bein called up to da Bridge an Your Howze...

An tuday You needed Dale ... :(

PaLeeze reach down wiff GodsPaws an <hold> his poor Mom and Dad
and lil Christian in Your arms an give em some <Comfort>.

We're addin Dale's name to our Prayer List unner da Memorial Kandilz -
Hope he kan see da <GLOW> from da Bridge.

/s/ the :( Prayer Pups

{{{HUGS}}}, Robin, Christian, and Dad

bckrazy
04-06-2005, 10:19 PM
wow.. that is heartbreaking. I'm so incredibly sorry for your family, I couldn't ever imagine how terrible this must be :( :(

RIP beautiful Dale, you were/are SO loved...

Christiansmommy
04-06-2005, 10:28 PM
All of your kindness and generosity means so much to me. I can not even explain. Jessica, the pictures are beautiful...thank you. It hurts knowing I looked into those eyes only this morning....

Cinder and Smoke...your prayer, as all of them, was so special and always will be. Thank you. To think he might be able to see those candles from the bridge...to think he is up there, and I am down here, is so hard...thankfully, he is not alone, but how i miss him....

Daley, Mommy loves you and how I wish we were still together...i miss you big boy...

As someone said, please, use this sudden death as a reminder that life is so short and unexpected...anything can happen, at any time, with no warning...please hug your loved ones now, and make things right with them, if need be, death can happen at any time...have no regrets.

popcornbird
04-06-2005, 10:31 PM
OMG!!! :(:eek::(:(

Oh Robyn, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Such shocking, heartbreaking news. :( Sweet Dale, you were a loved and cherished pup, and will always be missed by your family, as well as all of us here on Pet Talk. {{{hugs}}} to you Robyn. I'm so sorry to hear of this terrible news. :(

PJ's Mom
04-06-2005, 10:37 PM
I guess I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. I too am in shock.

Dale was a sweet boy and I loved looking at pictures of him and reading about him.

There's an empty space on PT today.

RIP, sweet Dale. :( :(

anna_66
04-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Oh Robyn where do I even begin? I just got home a little bit ago and Robin told me the bad news about Dale. I just can't belive that he's gone, and from the same thing that took my Keisha away.
My heart aches for you and your family. Dale was a beautiful boy and is going to be missed by so many people, including the ones here at PT.
I hope you don't mind but I also have some pictures of your Dale boy that I want to share. I remember you posting these and I loved them so much I had to save them for myself to enjoy too.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pb8904ff04a29dd7fc7388eb050b3c62a/f9b75ae8.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/ped12e7b184a60ee4157995005ec48416/f9b75af2.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pa385cb4a3c8a226ca222f7aef60c6741/f9b75afd.jpg

Please know that my Keisha and Angus are there to welcome your boy.
I know that he will be looking down on you the way they look down on me.

{{{HUGS}}}Anna & the furkids

cloverfdx
04-06-2005, 10:47 PM
OMG i am shocked :(. Robyn and family i am so sorry, Dale will be sorely missed by all who knew and loved him.

All will be in my thoughts. Play nicely at the bridge Dale.

{{HUGS}}

K9karen
04-06-2005, 10:56 PM
I just walked in the door and ran to the computer to find an email from Pam. I thought I read it wrong. Dale? OUR Dale? The shock is unbearable. Oh Robyn, Rob and Christian, there are no words to tell you of my sorrow as well. I still can't believe it. Poor little Christian's lost his best buddy. Poor little guy.
After reading an article 15 years ago about bloat, I am scared speechless. So unpredictable and fast. Poor Dale, our sweet, handsome boy, our one of a kind. I am so so sorry.
What a sad, sad week on PT :( :(

jenfer
04-06-2005, 11:16 PM
I am truly sorry, Robyn. :(

RIP, sweet Dale.

Sudilar
04-06-2005, 11:41 PM
I can't even begin to say how horribly sad I am to hear about Dale. Oh Robyn and Pam, I am so sorry that Dale was taken way too soon. It is just not fair!!
I know the horrors of bloat and it just scares me to death.
Take some comfort in knowing that Killian will watch over him at Rainbow Bridge.
Crying many tears for your Dale.
Hugs coming your way.
I will add a candle to join Killian's.
Again, I am so so sorry.

Oggyflute
04-06-2005, 11:46 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. Best thoughts and wishes to you and your family.

wolf_Q
04-06-2005, 11:59 PM
I was completely shocked reading this post...I was hoping it wasn't true, that I had read it wrong. :( I'm so sorry to hear about Dale. I always thought he was such a gorgeous dog and it sounded like he was a total sweetheart. He was loved and will be missed by many. {{{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
04-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Oh Robyn I am so sorry for you're loss.
I don't know why God needed Dale only he knows that.
Godspeed Dale.

NoahsMommy
04-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Oh Robyn, I'm so sorry honey. :(

Lots of hugs and love being sent your way. I'm so sorry Dale was taken at such an early age...its so sad.

Take care and lots of love,
Kelly

RIP Dale...enjoy your time at the RB

Glacier
04-07-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm so sorry. He was a beautiful boy. Godspeed, Dale.

jenluckenbach
04-07-2005, 05:01 AM
OMG! I was shocked to see this thread. What a tragedy. :(:(

I am so sorry. {{{{HUGS}}}}

ChrisH
04-07-2005, 05:59 AM
Oh, No! :(
Robyn, the words I'm sorry can't truly express my sorrow for the tragic loss of your sweet Dale.
Prayers, hugs and love sent for you and your family.

Rest in peace, sweet and gentle boy.

Chris

Lexi_Lover
04-07-2005, 06:06 AM
OMGosh, I just read this! :(

I'm so so sorry about Dale! I send all my thoughts and paryers your way! :( My friend lost her Dobie to bloat as well, it is a horrible thing! :( Rest easy now Dale! Play hard at the RB! :(

(((((HUGS))))) to you! :(

-Paula

lbaker
04-07-2005, 07:01 AM
I have no words to express the sorrow I feel for the loss of such a magic dog. I have pictures on my "Pet Talkers Board" of Dale & Christian from some of the first you posted when you brought that dear boy home. He has such a special place in so many sad hearts today. I'm so very sorry.

sasvermont
04-07-2005, 07:12 AM
I cannot stop crying for you my dear girl, and Mom to so many wonderful pets. RIP sweet Dale. I know little Christian has lost a good buddy too. How dreadful Robyn.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
SAS

Holly's mom
04-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Oh, this is such a terrible tragedy! :( :( :( I am so sorry for your loss. RIP, sweet Dale, you will be missed. :(

robinh
04-07-2005, 07:39 AM
When I saw the title of this thread, I couldn't believe it.

Daisy and Delilah
04-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Rest in Peace beautiful Dale. We are so very sorry to hear about the loss of this beautiful boy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

lv4dogs
04-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Oh no Robyn, I am so very sorry. We're sending you lots of furry hugs.

May Dale be happy, healthy & whole again running & playing up there at the bridge.

pipersmom
04-07-2005, 08:39 AM
The Bridge has welcomed a new angel.

Rest well sweet one until you see your family again.

ramanth
04-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Oh Robyn... :( *HUGS* I'm just in shock, I don't know what to say!

It's just not fair. :(

Dearest Dale, you were taken too soon. :( :(

Rachel
04-07-2005, 08:53 AM
I too am in total shock to find such terribly sad news when I signed on my computer this morning. When a slew of emails with the heading DALE were in my in box, I knew the news had to be significant but this was more than I can comprehend.

Robyn, I know you are heartsick and poor little Christian, too young to have to know this kind of pain. Your house has to be the saddest place this morning. I wish I could just hug you. You will need lots of hugs. Please ask for them from those near you.

Last night, not yet knowing this news, but still thinking about the loss of Sue's Killian, I decided to light two candles for my Rainbow Bridge fur kids. Bailey has been gone for 9 years and Tizzie for 6. As I watched the flames on those candles, one of them (Bailey's) flickered in a manner that reminded me of her wagging tail. I cried as I talked to my two departed dogs. There was the feeling that they heard and understood everything I was saying.
The bond is still unbroken and I know that is how it will be with you and Dale.

As I looked at Dale's pictures posted on this thread, my heart just breaks all over again. Sweet, kindhearted Dale, you were such a good and loving boy. All who got to know you simply adored you. My sincere and heartfelt sympathy goes out to those who grieve you and will miss you dearly. Please search out my Bailey and Tizzie.
:( :( :(

dukedogsmom
04-07-2005, 08:58 AM
I just learned about this and I am so sorry. I always loved seeing him. Even though I never met him, I loved him. He seemed like such a sweet, gentle soul. Even though his life was short, I know he knows that he was very loved. Try to find peace in that. He'll be waiting for you at the RB. Words can't really express how I feel.

lute
04-07-2005, 09:21 AM
OMG!

Robyn, i wish i could bring him back for you. he left too early.:( i'm almost in tears typing this(as a lot of us probably are) because we watched this beautiful boy grow up.

Dale, you are devinly missed.
R.I.P. big guy.:(

moosmom
04-07-2005, 09:39 AM
Christiansmommy,

I am so sorry to hear about Dale's passing. :(

Rest in peace dear Dale. Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge.

((((hugs)))) to you CM,

Donna

wolflady
04-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Oh my gosh! :(
I am utterly speechless right now. I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your big baby boy Dale. He was definitely taken too soon, but he must have been needed at the Rainbow Bridge, which is why God sent for him early.

Please know that we are all here for you. May Dale rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.

Much love,
Karen

crsvstang
04-07-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm so sorry for you loss.:(

RIP Dale:(

senorita02
04-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Oh i am sooo sorry for your loss, i know this must be devastating, i know that sweet boy is up at RB romping, he was such a sweet big fellow:(

caseysmom
04-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Oh Christiansmommy I am so very sorry. I can hardly type this note I am at work trying not to cry. Your sweet Dale reminded me so much of Casey. I am just without words.

Dale was Caseys valentine...this is just devastating I am so sorry.

Barbara
04-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Robyn, I am so very sorry for your loss. What a shock that must have been for you and your family and poor Christian.

My heart goes out to you.

pitc9
04-07-2005, 10:36 AM
OMG.......:eek: :eek: :( :( Dale...... omg..... Dale...
I'm at such a loss for words.

Oh Robyn, I wish we all could be right there with you so we could put our arms around you.

Please know that we are here for you, praying for you.

Dale, your life here on earth was to short, the big man upstairs must have needed you for something very important.
Please watch over your mommy and Christian, and always keep them safe. Your mom's heart hurts right now Dale, please let her know you are okay, and let her know how much you love her.

RIP Dale.

Dixieland Dancer
04-07-2005, 10:55 AM
:( Dale's time was too soon. :( I am very sad at this news. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Oh Robyn...I'm at a total loss for words!!!!:( Dale was SO young, how can he have passed??!! What a sweet, special boy, I'll never forget him!!!!!!!!:(:(:( *cries* I'm SO sorry, I don't know what to say...if you ever need to talk, please don't hesitate! I know exactly how you feel, as Bandit passed away at 5, so suddenly like that, and I about died with him!!! I am so very sorry!!!!!!!!!! Rest in peace, sweet Dale, and say hello to my Bandit!

-Katie

Albea
04-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Robyn, it's always impossible to find words that will help when something like this happens. Just know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sweet, beautiful Dale, have a fun time at the Bridge with all your new friends.
Alicia

BitsyNaceyDog
04-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Oh no, I can't believe it. I am so sorry.
Dale was such a wonderful big boy. It's just not fair.

Christiansmommy
04-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Hello my beautiful Swissie boy~

Where do I even start big guy. We waited a long 2-3 months to even get to see what you looked like. After I found out that you were born, each day just had me more anxious to meet you. Then July finally came and we made the 8 hour trip to North Carolina to finally meet you. We had gone with the intent of adopting a little girl puppy, but your adorable personality won us over, and we could never have left North Carolina w/o you. You were the one. You slept the whole ride home. Went potty on a leash at rest stops, just like a big boy. Mommy carried you, though, b/c I didn’t want you to get any germs from other doggies that had been there. You were just beautiful. Such a gorgeous dog that stopped all passers bye. You grew like a weed, around 4 lbs. a week…and soon my little puppy was my big grown up boy. Where did the time go? In the short 2 years we had together.. We grew together. I know that you loved playing with other dogs, but if mommy was around…you preferred me, and that is what hurts so bad. I hope that you have made many friends up at Rainbow Bridge, and I hope that you aren’t worried about me. I will see you again. I know it. Those eyes, those gorgeous brown eyes, had such love in them. When I would call you from across the room, you would kinda lower your head, and make a bee line for me…tail a waggin (unless you were being called for doing something naughty, then we played tag in the house). And boy did you make mommy mad, when you would run away from me when you were naughty, but boy would I take back that now, if only I could. I hope that you are playing tag up at the bridge now, it was a favorite game of yours:) Oh and those rainy days…mommy knew rainy days meant big muddy doggie foot prints all over the house:) How I would long to have to clean up those muddy paw prints now…I am so sorry buddy. There goes the door bell…time to gather Dale and Christian and answer the door without someone escaping…it will be all too quiet now when someone knocks.

I don’t know if you knew it or not, but you were my protector. When daddy worked late, and we were home alone, I felt so safe with you. Strangers that came to the door to try and sell me something I would never want, well, you made this girl, feel confident around them. You were so big and strong on the outside, but I know that you had a heart of gold and would have never intentionally hurt anyone. Clumsy as you may have been, I miss moving out of your way…

You were my first big doggie, you had such substance. You were almost human. I could grab you and hold you and feel so proud of being your mommy. You still had “puppyness” in you and being 100 lbs, certainly added to the craziness that you made of my day at times :) I am sorry for getting frustrated with you, when you wouldn’t come, or when you would steal the pillows off of the living room sofa. You never chewed them, just wanted to hold them in your mouth…and when I walked into the living room last night, the pillow was on the floor and I knew that you put it there. When we would go upstairs and the gate was there to prevent you from coming up and knocking Christian over ( I know it wouldn’t have been on purpose), but you would make that little noise under your breath, as to say, hey what about me? I am so sorry. And when I go down in the morning to get daddy’s lunch ready, you were the first thing I tended to. I am sorry for all of the times we had to learn from each other the hard way…you taught me stuff and I taught you stuff, and we had a bond that will always be so strong.

You know Dale, I think the cats know that you are missing. I can just sense that they are mourning you ( yes, even Guinness ). And I also think that Dandy was with you, when you passed away. She loved to visit with you, and would rub up against your big snout and purr, and I know you loved her too. Once you got older and settled down at bit, I was certain that I would find you napping together…you would have been best buddies. When daddy came home and found you, she was sitting in the kitchen, right near the door of the laundry room. She was there for you, I just know it.

I pray you didn’t suffer much. I am so sorry I wasn’t there. I am sorry if you were scared. Your at the bridge now, though, and healthy forever. I hope there are some ground hogs up there, b/c I know you loved to chase them…and I hope that there is someone there too, for after you get done slurping down your water…so you can make a bee line to them and try to slurp it in their face. Daddy and I miss you sleeping at our feet while we watched TV, and the times when you wouldn’t sit down and would just stand there with your big ol nose in our faces, just wanting attention…we know you were just saying, I love you both. You only ever wanted to be with us. I am so happy that I am a stay at home mom, so I could spend lots of time with you. You were my boy and you will always be me and daddy’s first doggie together. You are terribly missed. I am so sorry buddy that this had to happen to you. Please God, take care of my boy, until I can be there with him…he’s big, but he really can be a scardy cat :) Big boy, this isn’t good bye, I will think of you often, and hope to remember all of our memories so vividly that it is as if you are here. I love you Daley.

Love,
Mommy

pipersmom
04-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Christiansmommy, that is the most beautiful, moving tribute. Tears have taken me over here at work.

I am so sorry for your loss and your family is in my prayers.

Dale was a beautiful soul and how lucky he was to have such a wonderful familly and how lucky you guys were to have been on the receiving end of his special love.

caseysmom
04-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Oh gosh I hope nobody walks in my office.

RobiLee
04-07-2005, 12:39 PM
{{{{GREAT BIG HUGS}}}} for you Robyn.

You have my deepest sympathies. If you need to talk please pm me. I really do care.

Be well and be happy, Dale. We will miss you.

Robin :(

wolf_Q
04-07-2005, 12:43 PM
That was such a beautiful tribute to a very special dog. {{{hugs}}}

Denyce
04-07-2005, 12:50 PM
I am sooo extremely sorry this has happened. Dale was so loved and he loved you both so much in return. Your tribute to him is beautiful and allows us all to feel your love and pain. I am sorry.

Play hard Dale.

Denyce

K9soul
04-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Oh Robyn, How beautiful. I'm again at a loss for adequate words. I am glad I do not work in an office and can read this where my tears can freely rain down unchecked. Reading this, I felt like I was experiencing it myself. It's hard to explain, but through your words I can actually see and feel your experiences with Dale in my heart. Oh I feel so frustrated at the inability to put these intense feelings and emotions into words that don't sound bland to me when I read them back. You couldn't have better described the beautiful bond between you and Dale. As you have said, that will last forever.

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. We mourn beside you. :(

Angus's Dad
04-07-2005, 01:10 PM
So Sorry. Rip big boy.

ramanth
04-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
Oh gosh I hope nobody walk in my office.
Ditto. :(

Oh Robyn, my heart breaks for you.

cyber-sibes
04-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Oh, Robyn, this is such sad news. <<<<HUGS>>>> to you and your family. I'll keep you in my prayers....
But Dale is there at the bridge, waiting for you, with all our dearly loved RB doggies -
Play happily, dear Dale.

Lexi_Lover
04-07-2005, 02:27 PM
I am in tears now...that was a beautiful tribute! I am still sending all my thoughts and prayers to you! :( I am so sorry this had to happen with your sweet Dale, I am lost for words!

Lots of (((((HUGS))))) comin your way again!

Paula:(

EssTer
04-07-2005, 03:04 PM
OH NO!!!! That's not fair....:( :(
I am so sorry to hear this.....
RIP sweet Dale :(

((((((HUGS))))) :(

Edwina's Secretary
04-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Robyn... I just saw this. I am so very sorry for you and your family...

caseysmom
04-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Dale,

You were my handsome, regal valentine for too short a time. Please see my picture below, my dear sweet kitty sister Gigi recently passed on to the bridge. She will assist you in your journey and give you lots of head bumpies, she is a kitty who appreciates us doggies.

With all my love, Casey

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/spumoni/caseygigi.jpg

My Peanuts
04-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Omg! I'm in shock. I'm so sorry. :(
RIP DALE

captain
04-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Oh Robyn,
I knew I should not have read this thread this morning.
What a beautiful tribute. It made me "know" him so much more, and know more about you too.

Hugs to all of you.
Dale, the RB is full of people you can slurp all over, and we all know they won't mind one bit!!! Perhaps you could slurp so much that it rains on Mummy?

Love
Michelle

FizzGiggs_Mommy
04-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Ow My Goodness I can't belive it. We were so looking forward to meeting him this summer. If you ned a shoulder to cry on please PM me and we can meet up somewhere.

Logan
04-07-2005, 05:40 PM
My dear Robyn........

I have been speechless, pretty much, since I read this news last night from your mom. I read your post on Pet Talk, then crawled into bed and cried over so much loss in recent weeks, especially this most recent. :(

Please know that although I am just now responding, it doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking of you all night and day.

I hope that you all are doing ok, today, at least as well as can be expected.

We love you all, and pray that Dale has had a safe and good journey to the bridge. I will never understand anything like this, except to hope that there was a greater purpose for him.

Logan

*LabLoverKEB*
04-07-2005, 05:42 PM
This is just NOT fair. Dale was soooo handsome, and just a fun-loving doggy, and everyone loved him. Oh my gosh, I just cannot believe this, Robyn. What an awful this to happen today, or any day. What a shame. Robyn, I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about your sweet Dale boy, he was so beautiful. All my love and prayers go to you and your family.

God Bless

DogLover9501
04-07-2005, 06:53 PM
This is such a shock :( I kept coming back to this thread, but was never sure what to say, and am still at a loss for words.

This happened so sudden :(...and is just not fair!

Play hard at the bridge, Dale :(

{{{Hugs}}} to you, Robyn.

anna_66
04-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Robyn that was such a moving tribute to your beautiful big boy Dale and I'm sure he heard every word of it.

More {{{Hugs}}}
Love Anna

KYS
04-07-2005, 07:22 PM
I am so sorry!
I read your post and could not believe what I was
reading.
I feel horrible, I am so sorry!
(((HUGS)))

dukedogsmom
04-07-2005, 07:44 PM
I just read your tribute to him. That was very sweet. He and the other dogs inspired me to write this poem today. We all feel like we're losing one of our own.

You jump into our hearts when we see you on our screens.
Big and little, we love you all.
So that's why many times we fall
in love with a special soul that is shared to us here.
Even though we've never met you or seen you in real life.
You're like one of our own.
We are happy to look back on past photos and see how much you've grown.

When it's time for you to be welcomed at the peaceful rainbow bridge
You leave some special ones behind.
Please know that you were loved
As you look down from above.
There's always room in our hearts for a happy memory.
One that will never leave us until we can be
Joined again one special day.

So cherish every moment for you know not when
your most loved furry soulmate will leave this world.
Every tear that falls is a tribute to you
Our special Pet Talk dogs.

Christiansmommy
04-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I just read your tribute to him. That was very sweet. He and the other dogs inspired me to write this poem today. We all feel like we're losing one of our own.

You jump into our hearts when we see you on our screens.
Big and little, we love you all.
So that's why many times we fall
in love with a special soul that is shared to us here.
Even though we've never met you or seen you in real life.
You're like one of our own.
We are happy to look back on past photos and see how much you've grown.

When it's time for you to be welcomed at the peaceful rainbow bridge
You leave some special ones behind.
Please know that you were loved
As you look down from above.
There's always room in our hearts for a happy memory.
One that will never leave us until we can be
Joined again one special day.

So cherish every moment for you know not when
your most loved furry soulmate will leave this world.
Every tear that falls is a tribute to you
Our special Pet Talk dogs.

That is just so nice. This place is so amazing...how could we ever cope with things like this, w/o all of these wonderful caring Pettalkers...what a great community we have here.

Thank you all. Many of your replies have brought tears to my eyes. Such amazingly caring people.

~Robyn

LuvGold00
04-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Robyn~

I can't believe I am reading this! With tears in my eyes know you are in my thoughts and prayers... and know that Dale is waiting for you at RB, playing hard with all the other lost PT doggies.
R.I.P. Big Boy, we will all think of you often!

sandragonfly
04-07-2005, 08:23 PM
oh dale..dale..I can't believe this happened. SO young. funeral then dale in a day??? :( you just take care and now that dale is resting in peace - hugs for you -

Samantha Puppy
04-07-2005, 09:08 PM
:( :( :( I'm so sorry, Robyn... I am shocked - I can't imagine how you must feel. Dale was such a handsome boy, I loved seeing pictures of him.

Play hard at the Bridge, Dale. We miss you already. :( :(

Desert Arabian
04-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Oh My God. I am crying. I cannot believe it. It was too beautiful. I am in shock. I don't know what else to say- I am so, so, so sorry. Gosh, he was such a gorgeous dog. Only 2, wow...

Rest in Peace, Dale, you were well loved.

:( :( :(

cloverfdx
04-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Oh Robyn and Val your tributes are beautiful, and have me in tears once again.

delidog
04-08-2005, 04:36 AM
Oh Robin,Pam and all your family.....
My Heart goes out to you all...I am in complete shock....
I remember when you introduced your Beautiful Swissy Pup to pet Talk....I have enjoyed all the photos,and watching him grow into such a handsome boy....
I don't know the right words to say...

Just know that you & your family are in our Thoughts & Prayers..

Godspeed to The Rainbow Bridge,Sweet Dale...You will be Sorely Missed!!

Scrubber & Ms.Puss will be eagerly waiting your arrival,and will help guide you...

Oh,This is Soooo Sad...and sooo sudden...
I am heartbroken for you and your family....I Never met Sweet Dale,But I Loved him as a member of Pet Talk....

Hugs to you Robin,Pam,Rob & Christian
Nicole

stacwase
04-08-2005, 05:49 AM
Oh, that is so terribly sad. What a shock. I'm so sorry.

pitc9
04-08-2005, 08:04 AM
~*hugs*~ to you Robyn.... Dale is missed by many he never met.

When ever you posted pictures of him, I always told you how in love with him I was. Oh I wish I could bring him back for you... I really do... I'm so sorry.

gini
04-08-2005, 09:29 AM
I am sitting here just stunned. What a terrible and sudden loss for you. I cannot find the right words - please let me just say how very very sorry I am that your wonderful Dale has left you.

slick
04-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Robyn:
Forgive me for not seeing this earlier. My heart breaks for you at this time and I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. Dear Sweet Dale - I can just see you now romping and playing happily at the RB. Please let your hoomans know that you are OK and watching over them all the time.

{{{hugs}}} :(

ParNone
04-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you Robyn. Dale's passing has really effected me. I think because I got to see him grow up here at pettalk. I'm going to really miss seeing and hearing about him.

Thanks for posting those pics k9soul. I love that one of him barking. As always, he was one adorable guy.

Rest in peace, Dale.

Les...

CagneyDog
04-08-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Dale :( You must be so devastated.

Rest easy sweet Dale.

Cincy'sMom
04-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Just wanted you to know we you and family are still in our thoughts.

countrycowgirl
04-08-2005, 06:05 PM
OMG!!!! I am just in shock!!! I am so sorry that I haven't seen this til now!
Dale you were such a beautiful boy!!! your pictues were soem of the first that I looked at when I joined pt. I would have loved to have got to meet you one day. so R.I.P dear sweet Dale and play hard at the bridge

clara4457
04-10-2005, 05:22 AM
Oh Robyn, I am so sorry for you loss. Your Dale will be sorely missed. Play hard at the Bridge sweet boy - run happy and free.

sabies
04-10-2005, 12:30 PM
So sorry to hear. What an awful shock. RIP at the Rainbow Bride Dale.

jazzcat
04-11-2005, 11:37 AM
I am so very sorry.

Rest in Peace sweet Dale. You will be missed.

Jods
04-26-2005, 09:24 AM
I am soo sorry I missed this and wasn't able to comfort you sooner. Dale was one of my favs here on PT he was the most handsome dog ever and he started my love for swissies and my dream to get one some day. R.I.P Dale you will be missed.

Jodie.

catnapper
04-26-2005, 02:06 PM
I just saw this. I am so sorry. He was the one and only PT dog I ever got to meet, and I feel priveledged having met him. I am crying here over that sweet boy.

Have fun at the RB big guy.

Miranda_Rae
06-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Oh Robyn!! :( :( I am so, so sorry for you. I just don't know what to say. I know this is late and all, but I just found out tonight. I am terribly sorry. :( Dale was one of my favorite PT doggies. You and your family will be in my prayers. :( Rest in Peace Dale. :(