PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love! NEW FOSTER KITTEN!

Soapets
04-06-2005, 07:36 PM
I have a little tiny black male kitty at my house tonight! My son went to the Humane Society to volunteer after school tonight. He called me around 5:00 to come and pick him up. Between the time he called and the time I got there, someone brought this little fellow in. They found him in the parking lot where they work!

My son was holding him when I got there. The staff mixed up some formula for him, and I got to feed him. They were talking about trying to find him a foster home because he is still too young to stay there. I heard myself volunteering for the job, and here he is!:eek:

I am SO excited! He appears to be about three or four weeks old, they said. He is still twice as big as Angel was when we brought her home when she was eight weeks old. He is absolutely adorable! I don't have a digital camera, but I took some pictures with my 35 mm camera and will take LOTS more rather quickly. As soon as I get them developed, I WILL be posting!;) :)

catmandu
04-06-2005, 07:39 PM
And we are waiting,to see that Poor Little Kitten.Bless You,fot helping this Kitten,find a Furr Ever Home.If it helps.Scrappy 2,wants a Baby Brother!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos915.jpg

sandragonfly
04-06-2005, 07:43 PM
CATRAGULATIONS soapets! what will you name him? hey you, little blackie, you better come up on pettalk very soon. *comfort hugs* just for you! your life just has became a golden enternal heaven ;)

QueenScoopalot
04-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Foster??? Or furever lol! :confused: :D Can't wait to see the new tyke. :)

Soapets
04-06-2005, 08:14 PM
His name while he's with us is "Shadow". HE JUST POOPED IN HIS OWN LITTLE LITTER BOX!!!:) :D He woke up so I fed him again, then massaged his little behind with a warm wet paper towel, and WALLAH--there it was! Angel just met him, and she hissed and growled!:eek: She's a little out of sorts right now!

He's cuddling up in the little towel the Humane Society staff wrapped him up in to feed him, and he's going back to sleep now. HE'S SO CUTE!!!!:D :) ;)

Soapets
04-06-2005, 08:49 PM
He just pottied in his own little litter box!:D :)

I think I'm just as proud of him as a new human mommie would be of her new human baby!:D

Laura's Babies
04-06-2005, 08:53 PM
How exciting!! Foster? Do you REALLY think you will be able to give him up after bottle feeding and loving him..... I warn you... It will be one of the hardest things you ever try to do!!

****waiting for pictures******

kaoK'okung
04-07-2005, 01:15 AM
awww...love the name...hope that he has purred his way into a furrever home!!!...:) :)

jenluckenbach
04-07-2005, 04:47 AM
Is this your first foster? Congratulations.

Also waiting for pictures.

sirrahbed
04-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Soapets
His name while he's with us is "Shadow...

"while he's with us"?? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/ROFL.gif

ahem....furrever is a long time but that is great!!

He just pottied in his own little litter box!

Yeah! what a proud Meowmie you are!! What fun to be able to do this. I have never seen a kitty that young and it must be heavenl:D Pictures will be great. Oh and I love the name Shadow.

catnapper
04-07-2005, 09:27 AM
LOL.. welcome to the world of fostering. Be prepared to fail Fostering 101. How else do you thnk I went from 2 cats to 4 cats overnight? ;)

He soudns just lovely. Congrats on the new "foster" :)

Soapets
04-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes, he IS our first foster furkid. My husband has fallen for him, too!:D I had to work this morning, and my husband came home around 10:00 a.m. to check on him, and to feed him. I had my husband hold him for awhile last night while Shadow was sleeping, to give him some "bonding" time.:D My husband had me call his sister to tell her about it!

When he made the comment "Well, given enough time, Angel will probably get used to him"' I knew right away that our "foster" home may well turn into an adoptive home for little Shadow!:) Shadow slept on me in the recliner in the living room last night. (I had to be available for feeding times and such, you know).

He sneezed a few times during the night, so I called the Humane Society when I got off work and told them. They had me take Shadow back out there to be checked. They gave me some medicine to start giving to him twice a day---Clavimox. He HATES it! :eek: He isn't real, real sick, so we caught it really early. Now he needs to give another poop sample so it can be checked for worms.:rolleyes:

I found out a little more about him. He was found in the parking lot of a Bonnavilla Homes manufacturing company about 30 miles from the town I live in. There are apparently a lot of cats around that area. They think that since he is such a curious little fart, he must have just wandered off from the rest of the litter. He was exploring, looking for his furever family, I think! :D

He weighs 14 ounces today. I let him down on the floor by our two dogs, Sandi & Oreo, and they were all three fine with it. I took pictures, and will post them when I get the film developed. Angel is the one I'm worried about. She hisses and growls any time she sees him, and won't come near him, or us if we're holding him. She even hissed and growled at my son when he went upstairs to his room last night and started petting her. She could smell Shadow's scent on his hands, we think.

I think I'm going to go pickup some film for our Polaroid camera and try to get a few pictures of Shadow with that. I think I could scan them so I could get a few posted here while waiting to get the others developed.

smokey the elder
04-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Please try to keep him quarantined from your other cats until he can have a FeLV test done. Good for you for rescuing your new "foster" (yeah, right...:p )

catnapper
04-07-2005, 04:28 PM
I knew it! :D I knew he' end up staying - and it didn't even take him 24 hours!

Don't worry about Angel's reaction. Its very common and before you know it, she'll be acting like a mother to him.