PDA

View Full Version : May I ask some prayers?

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Before going to bed, I'd love to ask all possible prayers for my daughter Indra (it is 11 pm here ).
Tomorrow she is having major ear-surgery. I don't know if I told this before, but she has a very bad hearing. In her right ear she hears 25%, in her left ear 55%. This is because of uncountable and untreated ear-infections she had when she was still a baby in India. This can be treated with ear-surgery. We had to wait till now, because her head may not grow anymore.
So, they will do her worst ear tomorr. The surgeon is pretty sure about the result, but I am still scared for her. After all, it is a long operation, and everything is so tiny in there.... .
Please, I'd love to ask to include our Indra in your prayers tomorrow. This operation is VERY important for her!!
I will update as soon as I know more (might be evening)

THANKS!!!

Lexi_Lover
04-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Prayers are coming for a good surgery and a healthy and fast recovery! :)

-Paula and THE CREW

caseysmom
04-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Prayers are on the way.

Edwina's Secretary
04-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Lots of positive thoughts coming for your Indra!

Soapets
04-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Prayers on the way from Nebraska.....

Is the surgery to rebuild the ear drum? My husband had to have that kind of surgery a few years ago. The eardrum had thickened from so many ear infections when he was a child, and he was getting a lot of ear infections as an adult, and his hearing in that ear was poor. His hearing isn't the best yet, but he hasn't had an ear infection since the surgery, and his hearing in that ear is some better than before.

Regardless of what kind of surgery it is, though, I sincerely hope everything goes well and she can hear better as a result. I will be keeping her, and her physicians, and you, all in my prayers for a successful outcome.....

Poo
04-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Best wishes and prayers on their way. I hope it goes well.

Nicki x

lizbud
04-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Yes Lut, you can count on prayers from me also. I hope &
will be praying that all goes well with Indra's surgery.

Cincy'sMom
04-06-2005, 05:46 PM
We will certainly keep your daughter in our thoughts and prayers

chocolatepuppy
04-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Indra will be in my thoughts and prayers.

RICHARD
04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
how's about more good vibes from california???:)

Kater
04-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Indra will certainly be in my prayers, Lut! I'll pray for you as well, the worried Mommy. :)

tortuga55
04-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Will pray for you. By the way I love your daughters name.

jenluckenbach
04-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Many prayers for Indra.

Karen
04-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Prayers for Indra on their way.

RobiLee
04-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Indra is in my prayers.

Hugs for you too, Mom!

Robin :)

petslover
04-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Prayers on the way for you and your daughter. Good Luck and Get Well Soon.

luvofallhorses
04-06-2005, 10:03 PM
I will include her in my prayers tonight. ****HUGS****

popcornbird
04-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Sending lots of prayers for Indra!

jennifert9
04-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Definitely sending prayers to you from my heart here. My niece has a similar problem. She is deaf in one ear and can hear 45% in the other. I have watched her struggle. :(
I am praying very very hard for Indra. Props to you as a great Mom!

Lady's Human
04-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Don't worry about the surgery, I'm sure it will go well. For a child I have no doubt the Great Physician will be guiding the surgeon's hands.

My neighbor's child in Mass had to have several surgeries of this type, and now hears very well.

I'll be including Indra in my prayers tonight

Oggyflute
04-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Best thoughts and wishes for Indra, Lut. I'm sure things will be OK.:)

gini
04-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Dear Lut, you must be beside yourself with concern for Indra.

Of course, you have my prayers - for Indra and also for you.

Please keep us updated.

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Lut, Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I'm sure that everything will go well for Indra. Please take care.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-07-2005, 01:59 AM
FIRST UPDATE

I just came back form the hospital. The nurses came to take Indra with her ber to the operation area. I was allowed to accompany here there, but then the doors closed btween her and me :( :( ...

They are operating on her right now! It will take at least 3 hours before she will be back in her own room... .

So I decided I might as well come home for a while and get some work done. The hospital is only 15 minutes away!

please doc, don't shave to much hair away behind her ear.....

more news later......

Nomilynn
04-07-2005, 02:33 AM
I hope she does very well - I've been thinking about her and you all day! Continued good thoughts coming your way!

Felicia's Mom
04-07-2005, 08:05 AM
I just saw this post and hope things are going well.

ramanth
04-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Many prayers for a quick and successful surgery. *HUGS*

Laura's Babies
04-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Prayers sent! Hope things go well for her!

anna_66
04-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Lut just wondering how Indra's ear surgery went. How is she doing?
Please update when you can.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-07-2005, 09:16 AM
UPDATE nr 2

Just back home from hospital. She was in her room already when I arrived. I "think" the surgery went well, because she didn't complaint about having pain or so. My pretty daughter just didn't look as pretty as usual with that big bandage around her head...:( ! I hope they didn't shave away to much of her long black hair :eek: !
I don't know anything about the results yet. As soon as my husband gets home, we are heading back to the hospital again (3rd time today :D ). The nurses promised that the doc would come and speak to us then.
She didn't say very much to me while I was there; in fact she slept almost 3 hours in a row...;) ! It's okay, as resting is the shortest way to recovery, hey!

See ye later!! Thanks for all the sweet prayers!!!

luvofallhorses
04-07-2005, 10:14 AM
(((((HUGS))))) I will continue to have her in prayers.

catnapper
04-07-2005, 10:19 AM
How'd I miss this thread? I sure hope she's healing well, and that they didn't take off too much hair. I also hope the surgery was a success and that she hears perfectly!

sirrahbed
04-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Just checking this Lut! I have said my prayers for Indra and for you. ((((HUGS))))
Thank you for the update and I will check back to hear what the doctor said.
Two of mine had ear surgery after infections and I SOOO remember that feeling when they leave and that door close...
But THAT is over and praying all will be well and Indra will soon come home!!

Albea
04-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Lut, it's good to know the surgery is over. Prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery are going Indra's way

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Update nr 3

Just arrived back home. Indra was sound asleep, so we closed her curtains and got back home. We spoke a nurse, and she says that if Indra has a good night, she will be allowed to come home tomorrow morning already!! WOOHOO!! Thanks for all the prayers: they worked!!

ps. Indra was complaining that she didn't get any food yet. Only a cup of water :rolleyes: :D . I told her that if she got really hungry during the night, that it was okay to call a nurse and ask for a yoghurt :)

sirrahbed
04-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Indra is hungry? This sounds like a GOOD thing:) Maybe home tomorrow is WONDERFUL!! I know how relieved you must feel, mom Lut!!
(((HUGS)))

momoffuzzyfaces
04-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Gosh, I'm so sorry I missed this. Prayers will continue that Indra heals fast and gets to come home tomorrow!
(((HUGS)))

AmberLee
04-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Got here late, but our prayers for a quick recovery are joining the pack of other PT prayers.

Cassy and Livvy are sending paw pats, purrs, and headbumpies, too. Poor Indra, not sure she's up to their enthusiasm!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Update nr.4

She is home!!!When I arrived a the hospital, she was sitting on her bed, waitng for me already! We went to the doc's office to remove the bandages. Yuck, it wasn't a nice sight..:( Her hair is a real mess too! They used some kind of gel to "flatten" her hair and keep the operation area hair-free. She has a 2cm scar behind her ear. I cannot explain what they did, as it is rather technical... . She has to go back to remove stiches on april 21st.

When she got home she had tears in her eyes. She thought she would hearing much better righ away... , so she is dissapointed:( ;. Her hearing is even less.... . She will have to be patient.....
I am happy she is home:)

chocolatepuppy
04-08-2005, 05:09 AM
Glad to hear everything went ok! Best wishes to Indra for a speedy recovery! :)

dukedogsmom
04-08-2005, 10:10 AM
I hope in time that she will be able to hear better. Tell her the hair can grow back, although I know it must be sad to look at it right now. I'm glad she's doing well.

QueenScoopalot
04-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Oh Lut, I missed this thread too! Sending prayers over from here that Indra's surgery will help her hear better. There's probably swelling in the area that is causing her to hear less than before. Did she have a cochlea implant? :confused: Her hair is still beautiful I'm sure, and will grow back...it's her hearing that's more important. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
04-08-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm glad to hear that she's home now.:) More prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way for a speedy recovery and improved hearing. Please take care.:)

gini
04-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Lut, I agree, she probably has swelling that will go down and then she can appreciate the increased hearing ability.

She is so young, all of this must be so difficult for her.

Prayers being said for a speedy recovery for her.

ramanth
04-08-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm so happy Indra's surgery went well and that she is home. I'm sure once her ears begin to heal that she will hear things better. :)

RobiLee
04-08-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm so glad that Indra is home and that the surgery went well. I will keep in her my thought and wish her a speedy recovery and much improved hearing.

Hugs for Indra!

Robin :)

lizbud
04-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by gini
Lut, I agree, she probably has swelling that will go down and then she can appreciate the increased hearing ability.

She is so young, all of this must be so difficult for her.

Prayers being said for a speedy recovery for her.

Lut,

I agree with Gini. Poor girl probably will feel miserable for awhile
till the swelling goes down & she heals a little more.I'll continue
to keep her in my thoughts & prayers.

Oggyflute
04-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Glad to hear that Indra is home and on the mend Lut.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks for all the prayers!!
Indra is a bit down today. She cannot understand us unless we speak really loud, and into her left ear :( ; this makes her unhappy.
But we trust that she will get better! It just needs some time.

Thanks again!!

gini
04-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Oh Lut, I am sorry for Indra.

Did any of the doctors tell you what to expect so that you can explain it to Indra.

This is just far too soon for her to be expecting better hearing. This is major surgery and will take time to heal and settle down.

What a good Mom............it has to be difficult for you too, to see Indra down.

I hope and pray that future posts will be more upbeat and Indra can enjoy the improvements the surgery promised.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-11-2005, 04:47 AM
Awww, thank you Gini!!
I care so much about this girl, she is our sunshine in our house! It hurts to see her like this. But things will get better, I am sure. Yesterday a "tent" (we call it "wick) came out of her ear; this improved her hearing a lot! She still feels some "high pressure" in her ear; but she is full of hopes again!

ps. the doctor didn't mention to that it would take some time to hear better; so that's why she was expecting so much so soon...:(

Nomilynn
04-11-2005, 04:51 AM
Lut I continue to keep Indra in my prayers and I hope she feels much better soon! :)