PDA

View Full Version : Sophie the kitten bit me!!

moosmom
04-06-2005, 04:04 PM
I went into the "nursery" to check on the kittens. Mattie Grace was in the doorway with eyes the size of saucers!! I heard a very LOUD wail from one of the kittens.

Sophie had her leg caught in the floor heater grate and was stuck. I went to free her and she clamped down on my index finger! :eek: It's not her fault. Poor thing. I only wish I had checked on them earlier.

As I bled all over her, I checked her leg. I think she just strained it because she's walking on it "guardingly". The vet is closed. I'm going to keep an eye on it till tomorrow.

Me??? I'm okay. I doused the finger (2 puncture marks) with Hydrogen Peroxide and will watch it for infection. If I get the old red mark on my arm, it's off to the ER.

Just another day in animal rescue!! ;)

LeahMM
04-06-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear that but I do feel your pain. One of my many cats bit me while I was trying to pill her. She punctured me in 5 different places on two different fingers. Mine did infect within hours and I am now on antibiotics. From now on it's a pill gun.

ramanth
04-07-2005, 08:14 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Why can't they understand that we are trying to help them! Owie! I hope Sophie's leg is okay and that your finger won't get infected.

Yowch!

pitc9
04-07-2005, 10:06 AM
OUCH is right!!!! For both of you!!!

I hope you both are feeling better!!!

moosmom
04-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Sophie is fine. She still limping a little bit, but she runs and plays, so I think she's just bruised.

Me? My finger is fine so far. I know what to look for in infection. I'm not too concerned. At least not as concerned as I was when I got bit by the pregnant stray. ;)