PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 101...

RICHARD
04-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Attention class..

Everyone, Take your seats.......

This is Thursday 101, the course title is Mixology and bar room etiquette...

My name is Richard and I am the course instructor......I will be asking you for drink recipes as the day goes on....

As I go around the room please introduce your self to the others.....

;)

lbaker
04-06-2005, 11:55 AM
My name is Laurie and I'm a PetTalkaholic and Thursdayaholic. Will we have "show and tell" :eek:

robinh
04-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Hello, my name is Robin. I'm also a PetTalkaholic and a Thursdaylurker.

I do better with the tell part. Grew out of my show stage. :o

momoffuzzyfaces
04-06-2005, 12:29 PM
My name is Connie. I love cherry vanilla coke, onion rings, and nachos!

This short hairy guy is Mario, the bar's favorite monkey.
He doesn't talk much until you get to know him, then; watch out!
He loves, beer, blueberries, bananas and cherries and grinning at you with them all in his mouth! :D

LeahMM
04-06-2005, 12:40 PM
My name is Leah and I am an any board that is about pets-aholic.

catland
04-06-2005, 01:22 PM
<I hate the first day of class - I hope we don't have to break off into groups later in the session>

My name is Catland, but my friends call me Julie. If I was younger I'd flirt with the hazmat guys. :D As it is, I'll just flirt with Mario.:p

I'm addicted to PT Smilies. :D :D :D I sometimes go through Smilie withdrawl when I have to compose a regular email at work or on another web site <what - another web site? - how could it be?:eek: :eek: > and the PT smilies aren't there to convey my innermost emotions.

I think I'll sit down now.:o

lbaker
04-06-2005, 01:35 PM
* waves hand frantically * I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOOOOOM! Can I get a hall pass plleeeeease :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi all. My name is Debbie and I'm also a Pettalkaholic, a Thursdayaholic, a smilieaholic and a boldaholic! Guess I got it bad. :rolleyes:

I like Coke. Large McD's cup, with ice and a straw. And Naked Beer. And red slushies. And Slick's Baileys. And green slushies. And Swamp Thangs. And...well....a lot of other things...but I think....like Catland...I better sit down now.....:o

davidpizzica
04-06-2005, 01:53 PM
My name is david p and I'm also a Pet Talkolic and a Thursdayolic. I got it bad! A lime diet coke??

lbaker
04-06-2005, 02:32 PM
I just passed Slick in the hall coming back from the "girls room" and she slipped me a note. Seems she's on her way to the principals office :eek: (read.. out of town clients/important meeting) but will stop by later depending on just how "Slick" Slick can be ;) Is it snack time yet? I'll pass the snacks if we can have slushies Mr Instructor Sir ;) Oh boy, I can't wait for recess :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-06-2005, 02:51 PM
My mom made cookies for me to bring today for snack time. She was extra ambitious so we have a good variety - chocolate chip, molasses, oatmeal, sugar, macadamia nut and a few peanut butter that she insisted I bring - peanut butter cookies, eeewwww!!!

Laurie, I'll trade you some of my snacks for some of your snacks?

Ooh, ooh, Mr. Instructor, ohh, ooh! Can I please have a red slushie? Pretty please...with coconut on top? And a cherry too....if Mario will give one up that is. ;)

Pssst, Laurie <passes note that says "Do you think Mr. Instructor will be able to handle the class if we all have too many slushies?">

lbaker
04-06-2005, 02:56 PM
pssssst, no problem Debbie, that's not coffee he's drinking in that big mug on his desk :p I LUV peanut butter cookies! Trade ya some marbles. OMD! Keep the marbles away from Mario! We'll all have to sit in the corner with dunce caps on and you know what that does to my perfect hair :rolleyes:

catland
04-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Oh Noooo:eek: :eek:

I just heard that teacher is going to give us a pop quiz and I didn't study.

Quick - what are the ingredients in a red slushie?:confused:

RICHARD
04-06-2005, 04:30 PM
lolol...

That is what I love about you all......you just pick up that idea and run with it....Let me give the class a "done" and I'll be back in a bit.....

Pit Chick
04-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Figures, I'm always late for class. What's this I hear about a pop quiz? I've killed too many brain cells for a quiz and with all of the slushies going around I'm about to freeze the only ones I have left.

zippy-kat
04-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by catland
Oh Noooo:eek: :eek:

I just heard that teacher is going to give us a pop quiz ....

Pop quiz?
I know my sodas... bring it! ;)

gini
04-06-2005, 05:58 PM
I am late too..........first day of class...........and I can't get here on time????

Sorry, I was over in the other building studying Insurance 102 and just couldn't get here on time.

Pop Quiz - she knows her sodas!! Always some wise guy in these classes........o.k. smartie pants - what is the most favorite soft drink in Brazil?

It would go great with these cookies!

Lady's Human
04-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Do we get to drink the quizzes?

RICHARD
04-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Let me roll up my sleeves here....

Tomorrow it's plaid skirts, white blouses for the girls and slacks and neck ties for the gents,

Mario....... you can wear your diaper!!!

Red slushies for everyone!!!

Catland, ingredients in a red slushie?

Strawberry mix, tequila, lime juice salt and ice.

David,
Diet lime coke....hows the car?

Moff,

LOLOLOL, I have been drinking flavored waters lately and you know what I found???? Cherry Limeade......I laughed out loud!!

LH,
That is the best part of the test....

How's the little one???

I really miss not being able to serve you guys all day, so I'll say DONE!!!!

Lady's Human
04-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Richard,

Axel is fine, growing like a weed.

Can I get a few nutty Irishmen? (just got back from the gym, need to relax)

lbaker
04-06-2005, 06:43 PM
ATTN: CATLAND CHEATS!! Here she goes asking for ingrediants for a Red Slushie [cheating] and Richard GIVES IT TO HER. TEACHERS PET, TEACHERS PET * snirk * :p

Josh4Colts
04-06-2005, 06:48 PM
My name is Josh and im 4 the colts.

lbaker
04-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Ever been here before Joshxx? Your first time and walk into a "Pop Quiz". ewwww. Welcome though and we are on a - study break - so the "Initiation Ritual" is - ready for this? Have a joke that wont offend? Tell us what you want to drink and do you cook? Watch out for the ceiling fan, Mario's on a roll! Well, maybe not the rolls [buttermilk? poppyseed?] but on THE CEILING FAN! Fire in the hole!

RedHedd
04-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Let me roll up my sleeves here....

Tomorrow it's plaid skirts, white blouses for the girls Georgia, restrain yourself ..... <snirk> NO COMMENT! RICHARD! :D :p

RICHARD
04-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
Richard,

Axel is fine, growing like a weed.

Can I get a few nutty Irishmen? (just got back from the gym, need to relax)

Nutty Irishman
There are two other variations of this drink. If you you add cream and shake it, it becomes a cocktail. Another variation is the Hot Nutty Irishman. It gets its name from the nutty flavor of Frangelico and the Irish cream.
INGREDIENTS:

Frangelico
Bailey's Irish Cream
PREPARATION:

Hand swirl equal parts over ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail, pony or shot glass

Those sound really good......I think I'll join you.....Cheers...

DONE!

Good to hear about Axel.....

Hugs and slugs from the left coast!

Laurie,
It's an open book test.:D

Josh, welcome..

He's one of your younger members!!!

Redd.
You act like I was going to have you girls mud wrestle in those uniforms......

HMMMMMMM.........:cool:

lbaker
04-06-2005, 07:05 PM
:D :D :D Where is the DuckTape!! Before I open my feeble mouth :eek: :o

lbaker
04-06-2005, 07:09 PM
"Open Book"? yeah, I can do that. I basically am one, why not get a Gold Star for being one? OH BOY, do we get Gold Stars for getting through this lesson? Dang, I hope so :cool: Set 'em up. I'm buying!

davidpizzica
04-06-2005, 07:19 PM
RICHARD, the car is in the shop as I speak. I'm driving around in a Nissan Sentra rental car.

catland
04-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
ATTN: CATLAND CHEATS!! Here she goes asking for ingrediants for a Red Slushie [cheating] and Richard GIVES IT TO HER. TEACHERS PET, TEACHERS PET * snirk * :p

That is just SO not fair.;) Just because teacher likes me best isn't reason for everyone else to be upset <pouts> I'm really nice - if I had any friends they would tell you so.

Welcome to Thursdays Josh. I hope we're not as bad as you may have heard.:D

Corinna
04-06-2005, 10:12 PM
I'm not getting in to the wwhole school or teacher thing. Just a rum and coke please . It's been one of those days. My car is in the shop again!!!!!! The alternater went out on the way to work, had to be towed back,and take the son's truck. GGGRRRRRRR. $400.00 to fix it. It's a good thing I love that car.

Oggyflute
04-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Class? What class?:eek: :eek: :eek: Oh well. I hardly went to mine in high school anyway.:D As it stands being the enterprising bloke that I am, I slipped Mario a couple of banana's and he's going to do the test for me. :D I'll just handle the practicle drinking stuff.
Think I'll just have a scotch and a quiet chat with Corrina. Later we might have to open a Dom perignon '82 that I've been saving. As I have a new baby girl called Possum, and quietly slipped into pillarhood.:)

lbaker
04-07-2005, 07:09 AM
Oggy slipped quietly into pillarhood eh? Now is that an oxymoron or what? Yeah Trev, right :rolleyes: 2nd bottle of Dom is chilling behind the bar. Go baby GO!

zippy-kat
04-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by gini
what is the most favorite soft drink in Brazil?

;)
"Guarana...........it is made from the guarana berry and has tons of caffeine in it."

Corinna
04-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks Oggy had a great chat. G'morning all I'm off to work ( staff member is picking me up.) Hope to hear about my car today! See ya all later

Pit Chick
04-07-2005, 09:07 AM
(yawns loudly)

I'm still trying to wake up. I'll have a Bailey's Irish Cream please. I have a pair of visitors at my house. My bf picked me up from work yesterday and on the way home he bet me he could get us home without going the usual route. I took that bet and here we go through the ghetto and what do you think just happened to walk across the street in front of us.....a pair of puppies. :rolleyes: We were just getting our numbers down having recently adopted out a pair of dogs two weeks ago. Since these were just babies out wandering alone, we stopped and got them. My Bu Bear is so sweet for being an accomplise in my rescue missions. These little guys are too cute, but they are going to be huge dogs.

dukedogsmom
04-07-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm a little bit late but I do have a pass. I've already had coffee this morning so I'll have a big glass of sweet tea. I feel bad for you northerners who don't have that luxury. Hope there's no pop quizes for today because I sure didn't study!

lbaker
04-07-2005, 09:46 AM
* waves hand in the air, oooh oooh! I know that one! * Southern Sweet Tea! YES! I can make that Val :) That and/or lemonade on a hot, steamy summer day :cool: What an excuse to sit on the veranda and do nothing ;)

gini
04-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
;)
"Guarana...........it is made from the guarana berry and has tons of caffeine in it."

Oh, Miss Smarty Party..................got it right!:D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-07-2005, 10:53 AM
To: The Teach

Debbie was late to class today becaue her alarm failed to go off and since she was up late doing homework, I didn't think her missing first period was too serious, especially since it's just study hall. Please excuse her tardiness.

signed,
Debbie's Mom

gini
04-07-2005, 11:21 AM
mumble, mumble - shake or stir??? crushed ice or cubed? tall glass or short?? - oh, I will never pass this test!

Well, I am here on time..........looks like the classroom is filling up.
What's with the plaid skirts?

catland
04-07-2005, 11:48 AM
I brought in my extra-credit assignment. All the drinks served at Thurdays - alphabetized, and displayed along with styrofoam balls representing the solar system in my diorama box.

I guess this means I get to move to the front of the class. I couldn't wear the uniform though - the cats barfed on it this morning.;)

Some Baileys sound's great.

gini
04-07-2005, 11:58 AM
slips a look a Laurie - "I brought in my extra credit assignment - oh miss goodie two shoes - good for you!"

Oh, Hi Catland. I think Richard saved you a seat at the front of the class!:D :D

Pit Chick
04-07-2005, 12:00 PM
I feel silly in this skirt. Mario, is that a mirror on your tail?!? :eek: Hey, come back here you funky little monkey!!

These word problems always get me so confused:

"There's a man at a bar on the north side of town working on his 5th shot of Tequila. If the bar closes at 12am and the bar on the south side of town which is 20 miles away closes at 4am, how many more shots will it take for him to hit the floor at the bar on the south side?"

lbaker
04-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Gini, I told you Catland wanted to be Teachers Pet. Fancy smantzy diorama indeed :rolleyes: Just wait until cheerleader tryouts.. she'll probably try to trip everybody too ;) :p PitChick, as long as you wear those patent leather shoes Mario doesn't need a mirror :eek: :o

gini
04-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Quick, Laurie, give me some lipstick - that cute new guy just came into the classroom! Ohhhhhh, he's devineeeeeeee.

Wait a minute - how come he is heading over to Slick?

Whaaaaa!

Pit Chick
04-07-2005, 12:24 PM
PitChick, as long as you wear those patent leather shoes Mario doesn't need a mirror :eek: :o

That's ok, cause he won't see nothing but the matching bloomers.

lbaker
04-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Gini put your glasses back on, that's just Mario dressed up like Joe College in his Ivy League duds :rolleyes:

gini
04-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Matching bloomers? Did your mommy make those for you Pit Chick?

guess I have decided to be the class brat:D :D

gini
04-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Gini put your glasses back on, that's just Mario dressed up like Joe College in his Ivy League duds :rolleyes:

OH...........:eek: :eek:

Pit Chick
04-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Matching bloomers? Did your mommy make those for you Pit Chick?

guess I have decided to be the class brat:D :D

She also made me this knuckle sandwitch to give to anyone that talks about my bloomers. :p

gini
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
:D :D :D :D

lbaker
04-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Quick Gini, hide under your desk!

RedHedd
04-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Hmm .... sounds like it's "take your car to the shop" day. Mine's in too, although it's only for it's first 3,000 mile check-up - nothing major or crippling going on with the new beast. They gave me another Aveo to drive. I like my peppy little RED number a whole lot better, though! Nothing like driving a stick! VROOM! VROOM!

I NEED more coffee please! :D

Oh, and sorry, Richard, I didn't wear my uniform today. Do I have to go stand in the corner?

momoffuzzyfaces
04-07-2005, 01:04 PM
OOPS! I don't even own a skirt, much less a plaid one! Guess I'll be sitting out in the hall again, huh?:eek:

lbaker
04-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Don't worry MOFF, I'll let you copy my notes. Tomorrow's "casual day" and we don't have to wear these stupid uniforms so you'll be just fine. Boy, with all these sick cars around that school bus is going to be crowded on the way home. Let's stop by the bar on the way. When is recess anyway?

momoffuzzyfaces
04-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Don't worry MOFF, I'll let you copy my notes. Tomorrow's "casual day" and we don't have to wear these stupid uniforms so you'll be just fine. Boy, with all these sick cars around that school bus is going to be crowded on the way home. Let's stop by the bar on the way. When is recess anyway? Thanks, Laurie!
Seems we've been here fore DAYS! Recess better come soon. I need a potty break or one of Mario's diapers!:eek:

catland
04-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Hey everybody - I hacked into the school computer and downloaded the answers to the test. Will you be my friends now?

slick
04-07-2005, 01:47 PM
**slides into the seat at the back behind Laurie, head hanging low**
Sorry I'm late teacher. Please don't be mad at me. My cat barfed all over my skirt this morning so I had to wash it before coming to school. Here's a note from my Mom.

**tugs on Laurie's ponytail**
:p :p :p ;)

**leans over to Connie**
Psssst, Connie, meet me in the courtyard at lunch. I just heard some juicy gossip about Mario!

Julie, how did you do that? Geez, don't get caught otherwise you'll have to go to the Principal's Office. God only know what happens in there. :eek:

RICHARD
04-07-2005, 01:49 PM
YOU ALL HAVE BEEN BAD TODAY....

YOU'LL ALL HAVE TO DRINK YOUR SLUSHIES AND DRINKS OUT ON THE PLAYGROUND...

done?:)

davidpizzica
04-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
OOPS! I don't even own a skirt, much less a plaid one! Guess I'll be sitting out in the hall again, huh?:eek: Connie, you can join me out there, I don't wear ties!

slick
04-07-2005, 01:56 PM
YOU ALL HAVE BEEN BAD TODAY....
Does this mean I get spanked??? ;) :D:eek:

lbaker
04-07-2005, 01:59 PM
YEAAAAY RECESS! No more pencils no more books, no more..... SLICK, stop pulling my ponytail. Don't worry about Julie, she won't get in trouble even if she is caught. Didn't you hear? She's the Teachers Pet [of the Day?] Race ya :D

slick
04-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Psssstttt.....Laurie.....I just heard that Mario got caught smoking in the boy's room. Smoking what??? I don't know!!!
Race ya to that swings. Here, let me give you a little push. What?? Too high??
Hey, I'll trade you my honey and jam sammich on whole wheat for your bologna and mustard on white? What do ya say? I'll even throw in this apple.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by slick
Psssstttt.....Laurie.....I just heard that Mario got caught smoking in the boy's room. Smoking what??? I don't know!!! Oh, Oh! I hope he's not smoking dried banana peels again! They make him so loopy!

David, we will have to get leather jackets and be the rebels of the group!;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Boy, some kids have all the luck. Slick shows up just in time for recess while I had to sit here all day and do these stupid math problems on the board so everyone could see how they're done. Some kids have all the luck. <pout>

Hey! <sniff, sniff>Waaaahhhh.....TEACHER....Mario just spilled cherry juice all over my new plaid skirt! And look....waaahhh...some of it even splashed on my newly polished saddle shoes...wa-waaaaahhhhh......<runs inside, gripping skirt and bawling her head off>

lbaker
04-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Leather jackets maybe but David? Somehow I just don't think that "ducktail" hairdo is you * puts hand over mouth and giggles * Awww Slick, bologna & mustard on white is my favorite :( I KNOW! Let's split them. Come on Gini, sit over here next to us. Slick has some really cool gossip about Mario! Why is everyone running over to peek in the girls room window. HEY THERE! DEBBIE! Come on gang... let's help her out here. There, there... it's OK. Want one of Gini's cookies? She'll share, won't you Gini *kicks Gini* :p

Pit Chick
04-07-2005, 02:22 PM
pssst, Mario....what's that you're smokin on? Pass it over here. (cough cough)

slick
04-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
pssst, Mario....what's that you're smokin on? Pass it over here. (cough cough)
PC, I heard he got that stuff from Gini. Apparently she has some "speshul" stuff growing into her back yard. OMD, Gini made those cookies too! God only knows what she put in them. :eek:

Sit down Debbie and take a load off. The bell has not rung yet so we've got some time before heading back to class. Want my other half a sammich??

gini
04-07-2005, 02:56 PM
This is an Honest-to-God story of when I was in seventh grade.

We had an East Jr. High School and a West Jr. High School. I had gone to East Jr......but then my Dad re-married and we had to move to West Jr. district. I didn't know anyone..........

I had to take a cooking class and they paired me up with this really really tough girl. I will never forget - she was missing her front teeth!

She absolutely hated me. We had to make WHITE SAUCE together. She wrote me a note and it said that if I wasn't nice to her she was going to send her Daddy over to beat the crap out of me. Even now, I can't believe I had the courage to do what I did. I wrote her a note back and said "well, my Daddy is a Deputy Sheriff and I will send MY DADDY OVER TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR DADDY!

My Dad really was a deputy - but do you know, I don't think I ever told my Dad about those notes. She left me alone after that.

So Slick, don't you go spreading any bad rumors about me or I will send my Daddy.......................:D :D

I am off to get my recess slushie - boy, recess was never this good when I was growing up.

davidpizzica
04-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Oh, Oh! I hope he's not smoking dried banana peels again! They make him so loopy!

David, we will have to get leather jackets and be the rebels of the group!;) Connie, like in the movie "Grease"? or Rebel without a cause.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, like in the movie "Grease"? or Rebel without a cause. Oh, "Grease" for sure!
Or maybe like Fonzie? :D

catland
04-07-2005, 04:06 PM
YEAAAAY RECESS! No more pencils no more books, no more..... SLICK, stop pulling my ponytail. Don't worry about Julie, she won't get in trouble even if she is caught. Didn't you hear? She's the Teachers Pet [of the Day?] Race ya :D

LOL:D :D Does this mean I get my picture on the front page with a cute description of how I was found in a garbage can?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by catland
LOL:D :D Does this mean I get my picture on the front page with a cute description of how I was found in a garbage can?

No, no, no....that won't happen, but your mother will have to call Gini's mother and have a talk about her "bully" daughter (Gini)terrorizing her "sweet, innocent" daughter (catland). Both mothers will walk away fuming thinking the other mother is an idiot and how can it be possible that kids are being raised "that way" in today's age. ;) :rolleyes:

Thanks for the samich, Slick. <tears dry on cheeks leaving clean streaks down a "playground dirt" face> Look, isn't it funny how the cherry juice turned my poodle all splotchy? Kinda looks like a pink cow poodle now, giggle, giggle. :D

Gini, I remember making cream sauce too! But it was in 8th grade and I have absolutely no recollection of who I was paired with - must not have been as traumatizing as your other half. :D I also remember making tuna melts for the first time. That's all we had to eat at home for the next few days - I was totally enamored with tuna melts. :rolleyes: ;) :D

lbaker
04-07-2005, 05:42 PM
OK OK, "Home Ec" it was called. OMD. We did make "Orange Toast" and "Broiled Grapefruit halves with Brown Sugar & Spice". Actually not too bad. BUT! Then we had the dreaded SEWING :eek: My Mom couldn't sew a button on and we didn't even have sewing needles at home. I had to make AN APRON! My end of the 1/2 semester test had my apron with crooked pockets and the apron strings went.. blush...up and down instead of around :o We also had to make a simple top with "darts". Well my dears.. back then I didn't evenNEED darts, much less how to sew them. I did not like that school, I like this one sooo much better

edit: speaking of darts! Isn't it time for Gym class? I was pretty good at Gym.I like gymnastics

davidpizzica
04-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Oh, "Grease" for sure!
Or maybe like Fonzie? :D Heeeeyyy, imagine me in a ducktail, Connie! But I need to learn how to ride a motorcycle.

catland
04-07-2005, 06:26 PM
LB - This is a "Thursday's gym class. It means no "dressing down" into awful gym clothes.:p

Darts are a good start for gym class. After that we can move to the pool table for a game and a pitcher of nekkid beer - I'm buying.

Our last gym lesson will be how to properly insert quarters into the juke box.
:D

RICHARD
04-07-2005, 07:04 PM
lololol,

I guess I'll have to discipline you all and make you stay after school for slushies....
;) .

Did anyone notice that Corrina has a birthday???:D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:cool:

Lady's Human
04-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Anyone for a game of quarters to go with the darts and pool?

Corinna
04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks Richard your a day early but as I won't be here tomorrow hubby is taking be away for the week end. I got my car back today Yahhhhhhhhhh $400.00 worth
You are all such bad kids I may have missed recess but I'm here for lunch.
another true story.hubby the inxtagator. His bacholor living clas had a buddy who was in track and always late for class (get there in time to eat) They made a choc. cream pie. all were to full to eat any, late guy ate it all. Hit the finish line ran straight to the boys room. Ex lax is not a normal ingrediant in choc. pie.
Slick don't get caught passing those notes or you'll have to read them out loud to the class.

slick
04-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Don't EVER let me have another week like this again. Work has been a "witch" but tomorrow is Friday and casual day.

So, I guess we have alot of homework to do. Is there a quiz tomorrow? I hope not because that means I have to get my fat butt off PT and on to studying and I just don't feel like it.

I'm not going to bother going back to read all the posts.....I just need a good strong drink....a slushy preferrably. Got to get in practice 'cause July creeps up pretty fast.

As for Home Ec....I failed miserably. The first half of the year was cooking and the second was sewing. In cooking class we had to make a quiche for our final grade. I can't remember who I had as a partner but the pastry for the quiche was tough and it was burnt to a crisp. Grade?? F.

Next came sewing and we had to make a blouse (yes with darts). The front of my blouse was the appropriate length but the back was short by about 6 inches. Grade?? F.:rolleyes:

Oggyflute
04-08-2005, 12:00 AM
HEY! Wadda ya mean I don't have to wear a dress?!!!!!

I'm going home to change then, be back in an hour or so. Mario don't drink all my booze.

gini
04-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Oh, Oggyflute, you showed up here in a "dress"????:o :o

Oggyflute
04-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Oh, Oggyflute, you showed up here in a "dress"????:o :o

No, No.................It was a kilt, it was truly.........................ahh Mario where's my booze?
You what?
Well open another bottle then.:D

gini
04-08-2005, 01:14 AM
A plaid kilt.............I see................how appropriate.

Mario, have you met Possum yet? You two would have so much fun together............what???? No, Mario, she wouldn't eat all of your cherries or your bananas either. Now, please go get Oggyflute a replacement for the bottle that you drank all by yourself, you silly boy.

slick
04-08-2005, 10:06 AM
A plaid kilt.............I see................how appropriate.
Hmmmmm, I used to be in a pipe band and I know what you guys wear...or shall I say "don't wear" under those things. ;) :p

Good morning everyone. As I sit here, the sun is streaming through the windows and I can hear the robins chirping away. It's surely going to be a good day and we will all pass the test! :D

Gym class? Is that today? Gee, I hope I'm not the last one picked for the teams.....went through enough of that years ago.:o

catland
04-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Gym class? Is that today? Gee, I hope I'm not the last one picked for the teams.....went through enough of that years ago.:o

I know that feeling all too well.

Hey - good news - I hear we're getting a SUBSTUTUTE Teacher!

hee-hee - this should be good.:p :eek: :p

momoffuzzyfaces
04-08-2005, 12:47 PM

As for Home Ec....I failed miserably. The first half of the year was cooking and the second was sewing. In cooking class we had to make a quiche for our final grade. I can't remember who I had as a partner but the pastry for the quiche was tough and it was burnt to a crisp. Grade?? F.

Next came sewing and we had to make a blouse (yes with darts). The front of my blouse was the appropriate length but the back was short by about 6 inches. Grade?? F.:rolleyes:

Home ec and sewing; two of my nightmares in junior high.

We even managed to start a fire in Home ec. NOT my group honestly!!! Guess what we, er they were making?
ONION RINGS!!!

Someone put a plate with a paper towel on it too close to the flame. Well, let's just say it was exciting for a few minutes there!

David, I used to know how to drive a motor scooter. I don't know if they are like cycles or not though. Best have a professional teach you.

Gym? PE? Not if we have to wear those horrible BLOOMERS we used to wear!!! NO! NO! NO! NO! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

RICHARD
04-08-2005, 12:52 PM
class...CLASS...............

I want to tell you the results of your test..............

You all got a "Fonzie"............................;)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-08-2005, 01:01 PM
class...CLASS...............

I want to tell you the results of your test..............

You all got a "Fonzie"............................;)

WOW! Just what I always wanted!!!

WHEN DOES HE GET HERE!!!! ??? *Moff hops up and down in excitement:eek: :D :cool: :cool:

lbaker
04-08-2005, 01:03 PM
This is weird! No, not Davids Car Bra or Oggy's skirt - um - kilt or even Mario's Joe College letter sweater BUT... yesterday I ended up with a call from this woman that wanted an old issue of our journal Science (the issue about Dog DNA) so naturally she and I start talking. Turns out she's the editor of "The Bark" a magazine out of Berkeley CA. One of their mottos is "Dog is My Copilot" I sent her several articles we've printed about dogs and animals in general and she's sending me a subscription to The Bark and said she was going to check out Pet of the Day. Just now I received a call from some lady that wanted an article and SHE turns out to be the President of the International Toy Fox Terrier Society. How they both managed to end up on MY phone I don't know. Remind you of anything Slick? Small world eh?

slick
04-08-2005, 01:52 PM
OMD, about 20 min. ago I got a call from someone that needed computer assistance. I had PT up at the same time and when I took at look at this thread, I burst out laughing.....

The client asked what I was laughing at.....how could I possibly explain! :o :D ....and I thought I was good at multi-tasking.

Remind you of anything Slick?
:D Laurie, I do believe our calling is to spread the word....

Connie...that's just waaayyyy tooo funny!!! :D Onions rings seems to be your destiny and who are we to fool around with that. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-08-2005, 03:04 PM

Connie...that's just waaayyyy tooo funny!!! :D Onions rings seems to be your destiny and who are we to fool around with that. :D sigh!
I want a different destiny: like DIAMONDS or gold or mutual funds!:D

RICHARD
04-08-2005, 04:28 PM
We could mount a diamond on an onion ring.......

:rolleyes: ;)

Did everyone get their Fonzie???

"AAAAAYYYYY"

slick
04-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Did everyone get their Fonzie???"AAAAAYYYYY"
Yup I got mine.....

BTW Richard, you look good in leather..... :p ;)

Is the last period over with yet? I need to get out of these stinky gym clothes. Someone please help me up.....that's the last time I try and do 100 situps after doing 50 laps around the gym.....:eek:

RICHARD
04-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Yup I got mine.....

BTW Richard, you look good in leather..... :p ;)

THAT'S MY SUNBURN SMARTY PANTS......

Oggyflute
04-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Couldn't possibly swap my Fonzie for Suzy Quatro........he's sighs wistfully.

G.P.girl
04-08-2005, 09:56 PM
hey guys,
i havent been around in awhile..i dont know if y'all still remember me? but anyway i'm here. i've been so busy lately, cause i rn for class president (and i lost, some people say the voting was rigged..i dont really know) and i made varsity on track, so as a freshman thats pretty good i think. but its a lot of work. so whats up with you guys?
happy thursday (even though its friday now)

slick
04-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
Couldn't possibly swap my Fonzie for Suzy Quatro........he's sighs wistfully.
DONE! even though I don't have a clue what you are talking about.....:o :D

GP: nice to have you back. What took you so long? Never mind skewel now...just sit back and relax.

Oggyflute
04-08-2005, 11:41 PM
DONE! even though I don't have a clue what you are talking about.....:o :D

You don't know Suzy Quatro!!:eek: What on earth were you doing in the seventies Slick. :D

Killearn Kitties
04-09-2005, 08:41 AM
I seem to be a bit late for this particular party! At least I've missed the classes! :D

I think we've established before, Oggyflute, that Slick doesn't "do" music. She used to play in a pipe band you know. I think maybe it damaged her ears. ;)

Although Suzi Quatro? Hmm, would I be right in thinking it wasn't Suzi's music that interested you? I'm assuming the connection here is the leather thing?

Oggyflute
04-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Well her music was alright, but for a teenager in the seventies, the music was quite periphial to be honest.:p :D

lbaker
04-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Oggy, what's a "dunny door"? Why did you leave it flapping about in a storm :confused: I need some coffee with a kick. Think I'll perk up some :cool:

Oggyflute
04-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Oggy, what's a "dunny door"? Why did you leave it flapping about in a storm :confused: I need some coffee with a kick. Think I'll perk up some :cool:

A "dunny" is an outside toilet house, which haven't really been prevalent in the last 30 years. The house I grew up in had an outside toilet. It was made of a wooden frame and fibro. So naturally when a storm came through, the door to the "dunny" would flap long and loud.:D

lbaker
04-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Ahhh, the things you can learn at the local :cool: Who's for some freshly squoozed orange juice? Let's mop up the floor there where Mario and MOFF had the cherry toss and I'll pick some oranges from the orchard out back. Thanks. Suzie Quatro not withstanding - I'm in the mood for some classical. Mind if I throw a nickel in the jukebox?

Killearn Kitties
04-09-2005, 09:43 AM
People! Let's keep the conversation out of the toilet. There is a Royal wedding going on. A little decorum, please!

lbaker
04-09-2005, 10:10 AM
potty mouth potty mouth nah nah, so... all I could find on the news yesterday was the funeral. So did Charlie and the Rottweiler really "do the deed" or are they doing it now? I guess so, and more power to them (literally).

davidpizzica
04-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Ahhh, the things you can learn at the local :cool: Who's for some freshly squoozed orange juice? Let's mop up the floor there where Mario and MOFF had the cherry toss and I'll pick some oranges from the orchard out back. Thanks. Suzie Quatro not withstanding - I'm in the mood for some classical. Mind if I throw a nickel in the jukebox? Laurie, how about a little Mozart? I put a pot of coffee on, also. WHOA! WATCH OUT for the cherry juice!

Killearn Kitties
04-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Yup, both services are over! Video highlights now available on the BBC website. Perhaps we should have champagne with our coffee?

lbaker
04-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Let's have champagne with our oj and call it something romantic like "mimosa". Actually David I happen to be at work listening to a Bethovan sonata on my speakers. Tally-ho ol' chap. Keep your kippers but pass the grits :D

slick
04-09-2005, 10:34 AM
A "dunny" is an outside toilet house,
Ah, you mean and "outhouse"!!!!! Those things are nasty.....and believe me, I've done my share of "deposits" in my time. Never want to go there again.

Royal Wedding?? Even though this is the Dawg Houze, I'm keeping my opinions to myself. All I have to say is that at least they had the decency to put it off a day.

Hey, I'm into all kinds of music but mostly soft rock. I don't do Jazz or Opera or Rap. I'm starting to enjoy some symphony music but it depends on what.

So, I've got a busy day ahead to I'm just going to grab a Spanish Coffee to go.

Have a good weekend everyone.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-09-2005, 01:01 PM

Ah, you mean and "outhouse"!!!!! Those things are nasty.....and believe me, I've done my share of "deposits" in my time. Never want to go there again.
My grandmother had an outhouse on her place when I was a kid. Ours was a "two holer". I even wrote and sold a story to a magazine called, "Little Outhouse on the Prairie!" about my adventures in it.

My Fonzie isn't here yet! WHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

lbaker
04-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Would you settle for Raol? We share our toys - doncha know.

slick
04-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Would you settle for Raol? We share our toys - doncha know.
Who's Raol and is he single?? ;)

Getting ready to leave work....had to come in to print off my dreaded income tax. If I get it in the mail on Monday I just might get my refund by June. :rolleyes: Weather is hot here so I'm going to grab an ice cold fruit juice to go.

Connie, would you care to share that story??? Didn't know we had another writer in our midst.