PDA

View Full Version : Does your pet lick you?

3-greys-and-a-mutt
10-15-2001, 09:07 AM
Pup will lick us whenever she gets the opportunity;
Boo likes to ram us in the face with her wet nose and then give big sloppy, slow licks;
Paula gives what my husband calls "foot baths" - she loves to lick our feet and hands in a very thorough, deliberate fashion, much like a mama dog licking a new baby puppy clean (but she only does this when SHE wants to;
Buddy doesn't lick! He doesn't even like to groom himself by licking, so he's lucky that he's got three girl dogs who are happy to help groom him! The only thing we have been successful in getting him to lick is popsicles.

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: 3-greys-and-a-mutt ]

zippy-kat
10-15-2001, 10:34 AM
BUNNY KISSES!!!! BUNNY KISSES!!! BUNNY KISSES!!!!!

Ain't nuttin' better than Bunny kisses! lol
(Especially when you let her drink pineapple juice right before!!!! Yummy, yummy, yummy breath!!!)

purrley
10-15-2001, 11:18 AM
My semi-feral cat (Panda) is the only one of the 4 that will give me a little lick sometimes. When I pet her, her little ears go back a little, she closes her eyes and will lick my hand just a little. This is so special - she seems to be saying - GOSH I LOVE YOU. It warms my heart :) :)

purrley
10-15-2001, 12:38 PM
SpencertheLion

Maybe Spencer is trying to tell you, you're becoming too addicted to the computer - you know too much computering can cause problems in the family :D :D :D

purrley
10-15-2001, 12:49 PM
THATS IT!!! A very logical explanation!!!!

aly
10-15-2001, 02:40 PM
Both dogs and my cat lick me. Lick may be an understatement. They saturate me on a daily basis :)

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

kobieeli
10-15-2001, 02:49 PM
Aly--LOL! :D We get "saturated" all the time too! K & E both lick as a morning greeting (Eli actually will lie on my pillow, put his paw on my forehead to hold me down, and lick my face until he gets pulled off!) and as a welcome-home hello if we've been away. They are definitely aggressive kissers... :eek:

jackiesdaisy1935
10-15-2001, 03:02 PM
Daisy will lick, and lick and lick, I'm not quite sure what it means with her she is very tricky.
With Perry he does not lick, but if you ask him for a kiss he will flick that tongue out in a heartbeat and get you on your lips if your not fast. :D :D :D

thelmalu99
10-15-2001, 03:29 PM
My kitties don't lick me at all. Danny likes to nibble on my arm sometimes, but that's about it.

My first kitty, Sydney, used to lick my feet and legs when I stepped out of the shower. :)

RachelJ
10-15-2001, 03:56 PM
Hannah only doles out kisses on a very selective basis, but those she does are the sweetest kisses ever. As she is the late sleeper in the family, she hardly ever needs to wake me up, but on those occasions when she does, she does it with kisses. A kiss from Hannah is something very special.

Tucker is more effusive with his kisses. Every once in awhile he will jump on my lap and shower me. That makes me laugh and that makes him kiss me all the more.

NoahsMommy
10-15-2001, 10:47 PM
Are you kidding? I will never need a facial with my Noah around. Not only does he clean me if I have something yummy to eat on me, but at bedtime, I get a great exfoliation!

Zippy~ LOVE those bunny kisses from Faith! So cute! :D

cr7clark
10-16-2001, 06:36 AM
Miss Bo doesn't lick me, but she loves to lick my husband's bare leg while they are both lounging in the recliner. Sometimes she will lick his back and neck while he's asleep in bed...wakes him up promptly!

Gio
10-16-2001, 07:27 AM
I will never need a facial with my Noah around. Not only does he clean me if I have something yummy to eat on me, but at bedtime, I get a great exfoliation!

I love that, Maya is exacly the same, very good for your skin :D , in small doses though since her tongue is like sandpaper. And she acts surprised when people or other pets make her stop. Prema licks only me and won't even contemplate doing it to anyone else. She is quite gentle though. Foxy also loves to lick people.

One of my sisters has a cat that would win any licking competitions. A while ago she was supposed to leave for a couple of days, her fiancee was going to stay at home with the cats. The night before she was due to leave she fell asleep with Teo licking her nose, he must have gone on for hours because when she got up in the morning her nose was literally raw, everyone kept asking her if she got sunburn... :D Apparently it was quite painful and she had to smother her nose in cream for a few days after that :D

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: Gio ]

Eudora
10-16-2001, 09:10 AM
Cookie licks me alll the time! there's the "i love u mommy" lick. then there's the "welcome home! where were you?" lick. Can't forget the "will you take me on a walk now? I have the leash here for you!" lick. there are so many more since Cookie makes more all the time! And of course the for-no-reason saturation!! :D

ash
10-16-2001, 12:10 PM
my dog is 16-17 we don't really know and he is rather blind!but he can still smell his way to our toes!and lick them!vut he doesn't seem to like clean feet,he won't lick if you just got out of the shower.his name is boots.I would show u a piccy of him but i dont know how. :confused:
oh and by the way my freinds rabbit will kiss her hand when she says kiss and stop when she sas stop!isnt that adorable and she won't do it to anyone else she'll just bit them. :cool: :D :) :p

gini
10-20-2001, 10:54 AM
I have always heard that if your cat licks you on the face you are very well loved indeed.

Rascal is very big on love bites. Just very gentle little nibbles.

Shoshonee
10-21-2001, 08:33 PM
Both of my pups lick me but Daisy definitely more often. She will give kisses anytime, anywhere and for any reason! She also kisses when she gets in trouble. Copper kisses when I've been gone for a while or when he's feeling especially cuddly. I've noticed too that when he see's the suitcases come out he'll give more kisses.(poor thing knows that means his mommy will be leaving :( ) I love any kind of puppy kisses, even other puppies than my own! :p