PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Update!

cubby31682
04-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Well it seems that my little girl is back to her old self. She is slightly different though, if that is possible.

I just learned that she likes to be held when she tries to crawl up my chest. She has also learned that if she follows me around the house I will stop pick her up and pet her. She is becoming more and more of a love bug. She wants nothing more than to be petted, she will go without food if you pet her. She was on her way to the food dish this morning and I reached out to pet her she stopped dead in her tracks and came running over to me so I could pet her. I of course didn't have a problem petting her. I got up to make myself breakfast and she followed me around. She wouldn't go and eat. So I picked her up and carried her to her food dish. Not wise for me to do next time. That ment that I had to pet her even more. Lol.

All day today she has been chasing Cubby around the house. I moved the kitchen table into the living room so I could clean under it. She jumped on top of the table. As Cubby walked under it she jumped right on top of him. Slapped him then ran off. He chased her to the hallway then turned around and laid down on the table. She came running back slapped him again and took off. When she looked back and he was still on the table she did it again and again, until he would chase her. Lol.

She also slapped Gracie today then took off running. Gracie didn't chase her so she came back and did it again. That time Gracie chased her and did her HIGH pitch bark and Rachel hasn't done it since. Lol. She has also learned that if she licks Cubby on top of his head while he is eating he will slap her then get down and he will let her eat then. Lol.

She cracks me up sometimes. I don't know what I did with out her. She brings so much life into this house and so much laughter. She has been letting hubby pet her. Which Cubby wont let hubby pet him unless I am out of the room or not home.

She has also givin me kisses for the first time!!!!!! :D

Katie

Laura's Babies
04-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Awww! She sounds like such a sweetie and blooming like a beautiful flower! Don't they bring bring so much JOY into the house? Chester turned my house into a HOME as soon as he got here and where I use to never care if I had to work over, now I say "NO! I have to get HOME!!"

cubby31682
04-06-2005, 10:13 AM
As soon as I got Cubby he made my apartment into a home as well. Cubby isn't the most friendly cat lets just say. He would rather attack anyone and everyone then let anyone pet him. Rachel on the other hand has only bit me once and that was because I picked her up just yesterday and I accidently bumped her stitches. I felt soooo bad for doing that. If I was her I would have bit me a lot harder than what she did.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Awww....she sounds like she's turning into a real sweetheart - a little devil of a sweetheart that is. ;) :D :D I'd love to be able to see how she swats and swats until Cubby comes after her. That must be so funny to watch. :D

sirrahbed
04-06-2005, 11:36 AM
oh Katie - this is wonderful to hear!! It took me 5 cats to get a lovebug you know!! Rachel sounds like such a sweetheart and she has a playful and daring streak too!! Maybe.....Cubby will watch her and decide HE needs more Meowmie pets too??;)

catmandu
04-06-2005, 12:08 PM
PRECIOUS,IS A LOT,LIKE RACHEL,IN THAT SHE WILL FOLLOW YOU AROUND,UNTIL YOU PET HER.aND SHE HAS TAKEN,TO FOLLOWING SCRAPPY 2,AROUND,ALTHOUGH,SHE DOESNT SEEM,TO LIKE IT,AND GROWLS.RACHEL,SOUNDS LIKE ONE VERY,VERY FUN CAT,TO HAVE AS A COMPANION,LIKE RICHRADS EDDDIE,NEVER A DULL MOMENT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SAMPREC.jpg

Felicia's Mom
04-06-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm glad Rachel is feeling ok. It is fun to watch the cats play together.

kt_luvs_kitties
04-06-2005, 08:41 PM
I love Rachel, and so does Buddy Boy:D
Glad she is happy, and is making you happy;)

cubby31682
04-06-2005, 10:35 PM
I wish I had my camera handy when Rachel was chasing Cubby. As soon as I posted this thread I knew someone was going to say something about a video of it. :)

Deb, it took you 5 cats to get a love bug? I thought Dylan was a love bug. I know little Robbie is though.

I hope that next time Rachel goes off on a chasing spree I will know where my camera is, and have it ready. :D

sirrahbed
04-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Katie - Dylan is my closest sweetheart kitty and best natured, stays nearby in the room - affectionate when he wants to be...but he does not do things like get in my lap or snuggle next to me. He hates to be held, etc. That is what I mean by lovebug. :)

YES, gotta keep that camera nearby to catch Rachel and Cubby. It is a PT Meowmie rule I think:p

shais_mom
04-06-2005, 11:36 PM
aawwww sounds like you have a lovie on you're hands!!!
so glad to hear this!

kaoK'okung
04-06-2005, 11:50 PM
nice story about rachel, i enjoyed it...would love to see them playing tag...at least a still pic..lol...:) :)

cubby31682
04-07-2005, 07:30 AM
YES, gotta keep that camera nearby to catch Rachel and Cubby. It is a PT Meowmie rule I think

I think I saw that rule when I signed up. ;)