PDA

View Full Version : Shaken up

catnapper
04-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Yesterday I was driving, an my mind must have wondered because I drove straight through a red light. Which was not a good thing becase the opposing traffic started to come just as I sailed through the light. :( I have NO idea why I went through the light - I could swear it was green, but when I looked up, it was most definately red. I breaked and swerved into the other lane (those people were stopped for the light like I should have been) and the other car just barely missed me. I felt sooo stupid, and was terribly shaken up. I called hubby when I got home and blubbered to him about how close it was. He calmed me down and had me thinking I was ok, and that if I had gotten hit, it wouldn't have been a big deal, just a cracked passenger door or something minor.

Well, this morning I was outside with Nicki, and my neighbor came out when she saw me. She asked me if I was all right. I asked her why she'd ask me that... and she said both she and her husband were at the light and saw the whole thing!!! :eek: :eek: She said that if my reflexes weren't as sharp, that other car would have SLAMMED into me, and the accident would have been devastating. As it was, the near miss was only a miss on within an INCH! :eek: I knew it was close, but not THAT close. I think I'm more shaken up NOW than I was yesterday.

I just feel incredibly stupid, and incredibly lucky. Somebody was watching out for me yesterday.

Cataholic
04-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Things like that happen sometimes. I ran a red light with my two nephews in the car, years and years ago. I don't know what I was thinking! But, probably not thinking enough at the task at hand.

Laura's Babies
04-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Well, I know of at least 3 times that I accidently ran a red light, I was consetrating on where I was going past the lights and and totally didn't see them until it was to late. I alway do it in unfamilar territory when I need to figure out where I need to turn or something... I am really beginning to hate driving as I know the odds....