PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I finally got the nerves to ride a horse again...

Toby's my baby
04-05-2005, 05:52 PM
I finally got the nerves to ride my horse again. I havent ridden a horse since my accident.
Accident: I was riding one of the horses that I show, and she bucked and reared, and I broke my arm, then I fell off, and spent 2 days in the hospital, and I had Carpal Tunnel Surgery, and I now have to go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, because the doctors here dont know what is wrong with my hand (some sort of nerve damage). Anyways, ever since my accident I havent ridden horses yet. I have been tarrified even of my own horse, who didnt do anything to me. I have been working with him a lot latley and finally got the nerve to ride him this afternoon. It felt SO good to ride him. (it has been almost a year since I have ridden him). I only walked and trot him, but it still felt good, I almost took him over some jumps, but I changed my mind, (not quite ready for that)

Sorry, I just had to tell you guys, I am so happy to ride again, it is my favorite thing to do, since there is nothing to do here.. :o:p

Laura's Babies
04-05-2005, 05:55 PM
OK Richard, where are you with that witty saying about falling off of horses? (I WILL leave that one for him!)

Tweety_Pie
04-05-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm really happy for you. I have been riding for about 7 years now, and I haven't fallen off, but I have seen people fall off and get right back on. That takes alot of guts! I'm very proud of you for getting back on your horse.:D

Karen
04-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Congratulations, that's great! It's a big deal, and you should be very proud of yourself. I think you were right not to try jumps your first time back in so long! Oh, congratulations again! ;)

Toby's my baby
04-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks. It hard for some of my friends at school to realize what a big deal it is. It was really hard for me. I have fallen off horses numerous times, its just part of riding, its how you learn, and I ALWAY get back on, except for when I broke my arm, that time I decided to go to the hopital first ;)

lute
04-05-2005, 08:21 PM
that's great! some people would never go near a horse again if that happend.

your very brave!:D

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-06-2005, 10:55 AM
That's awesome!! I just LOVE riding too, and though I've never had an accidents, I don't think one would ever keep me away from my first love!:D

jennifert9
04-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Good for you! I'm glad you got back on! I myself have fallen off so many times...I can't even remember! But 9 times out of 10, it's MY fault for falling, not the horse's so I've never been scared to get back on....I'm usually scared to drive home knowing what a klutz I can be!!

Toby's my baby
04-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by jennifert9
Good for you! I'm glad you got back on! I myself have fallen off so many times...I can't even remember! But 9 times out of 10, it's MY fault for falling, not the horse's so I've never been scared to get back on....I'm usually scared to drive home knowing what a klutz I can be!!

Lol, same here ;) The time of my accident it was partially the owner of the horses falt and partially her's. She was in heat and was very crabby, but the owner didnt know that she was in heat at the time, and let me ride her anyways :o, o well, accidents happen...:)

Suki Wingy
04-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Congrats! It is always important to get back on as soon as you can when you fall, even if it's almost a year later;) You'll be jumpin' with one hand in no time! lol;)
All the times I have fallen off, it was really my fault!