PDA

View Full Version : infection help

sarifish
04-05-2005, 01:19 PM
how do i treat a burn blister that popped and is seeping infectiou fluid??? i got burnt by dry ice and its seeping im using peroxide to clear out the infectious liquid but is that enough is there any faster way to get this to heal??

emily_the_spoiled
04-05-2005, 02:51 PM
As long as the seepage is clear and the edges are smooth, you probably do not have an infection. But in the mean time use some Neosporin ointment (available over the counter in all pharmacies) and that will help prevent any infection from developing. Just make sure the animals do not lick it.

catnapper
04-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Also make sure you have it wrapped. That way new dirt doesn't get into it. If its too big for a bandaid, buy some gauze and tape. The investment will save you lots of money in the longrun if it gets infected from not being covered. Also, the gause will absorb the oozing liquid.

If you are squeemish (sp?) and can't quite bring yourself to smear the Neosporin on the wound, get a spray like Bactine to spray on the area - that way you won't have to touch it!

sarifish
04-05-2005, 03:52 PM
oh i used neosporin but it got infected bc it was yellow weeping and i went and baught some bacitracin and huge bandaids so hopefully that will work

sarifish
04-05-2005, 03:53 PM
i didnt mean the neosporin infected it but it still got infected even though i used it

Laura's Babies
04-05-2005, 06:10 PM
#1 thing....Keep it out of dishwater!

Being a cook that is always getting nasty burns I learned years ago that dishwater is the worst thing in the world for a burn..

For a really bad one, I put neosporin on it, wrap it in saran wrap at night, sleeping with it like that until it looks better.

I get some really horriable burns on that boat, those ovens are so low to the floor and I always have a burn on the top of my hands, get one heals and always get another.

The neosporin HAS to get to the open wound in order for it to work.. On top of a scab or blister will not do the trick.. It has to get to the meat! Euck!

IRescue452
04-05-2005, 10:31 PM
I would use neosporin and keep it covered. If it gets dirty use soap and water not peroxide. Peroxide and bactine are not discriminative and don't just kill bacteria they also harm healthy tissue and keep it from regenerating as quickly as it should.