PDA

View Full Version : One year ago today...

shais_mom
04-05-2005, 12:42 AM
April 5th, 2004

Grace Josephine Musselman, my beloved grandmother left this world for a better happier enlightened place. She was 88. She had a short battle with an illness that she knew that would take her life. A day does not go by that I don't think of her. I still cry for her at least once a month.
She loved taking care of people and animals. She bottlefed lambs and baby pigs when my dad was a kid. She waited until her beloved family left the hospital room that nite and at 11:55pm she quietly left her body while the ventilator still breathed for her. My mom was in the isolation room with her and my dad on the other side on crutches and mom worked and worked with her to get her to wiggle her toe to say goodbye to my dad and finally she moved her toe up and down just once and that was it that was the first and last time she had moved her body in several days b/c of the pain.
I told my dad not to worry about her being alone b/c not only were there angels around her but all the animals that she had loved and taken care of all her life were there up on the bed and all thru the room to accompany her over the bridge. And I know that my beloved Shaianne was leader of the pack and then she came back to patiently wait for me. My dad said that there wouldn't be room in her hospital room for all the animals to go with her.
It took Keegan weeks to realize that when she ran to the trailer door behind my parents house that Grandma wasn't there to give her cookies.
And now as I type this my grandpa (her husband) is in the hospital with pneumonia and is getting weaker and weaker. My dad feels that he will make it at least one more day until after the day Grandma died but is sure he won't make it out of the hospital. Please keep him in you're prayers and healing thoughts. I know he is aged but that doesn't make saying good bye any easier.....
I ask all who reads this to appreciate the life they have been given and the lives of their family. Appreciate them. Love them. Tell them you love them. You never know when it may be the last time you see them.

God Bless.
Staci

Oggyflute
04-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Best of thoughts and wishes for your Grandpa. Your thoughts were beautifully said.

Cinder & Smoke
04-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Staci ~

Here's a {{{HUG}}} for GranPaw.

/s/ Phred

popcornbird
04-05-2005, 03:41 AM
Staci...:( {{{hugs}}}

Cincy'sMom
04-05-2005, 06:57 AM
What a beauitful tribute to your grandparents, Staci. As hard as it will be to say goodbye to grandpa, know that he and your grandmother will be reunited to live happily ever after.

Please call if you need anything.

{{{hugs}}}

Karen
04-05-2005, 07:16 AM
Prayers for you, your family and your grandfather on this day.

catnapper
04-05-2005, 08:00 AM
What a sad day for you, only to be compounded by the reality of your grandfather's condition. {{{HUGS}}} and prayers for you and your family.

jennifert9
04-05-2005, 08:03 AM
What a wonderful tribute to your beloved Grandmother...I am also very close with my Grandmother and dread the day she passes on...I hope your grandfather can recover. He will be in my thoughts, along with your parents and yourself.

anna_66
04-05-2005, 08:22 AM
Oh Staci you have me in tears here. That was a wonderful story about your grandmother but I'm so sorry to hear that your grandfather still isn't doing well:(
You know if there's anything I can do to help please don't hesitate to call, you've got my number.
Prayers being said for you, your grandpa and the family.
Love Anna

Cataholic
04-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Staci,
What a loving memorial/tribute to your Grams. I can tell you miss her so dearly still. May your Grandpa be kept strong by those that love him.
Johanna

micki76
04-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Aw, Staci. :( I'm keeping your Grandpa in my thoughts. What a beautiful tribute to your Grandma. She must have been a special lady. And no, their age doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye, but knowing their suffering has been relieved does make it a bit less painful for us.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

dukedogsmom
04-05-2005, 09:34 AM
I had a feeling this would be sad. I'm so sorry about your Grandma and now your Grandpa. Try not to be sad because they will be reunited. I'm sure he's been very lonely without her. It's said we're supposed to cry when they're born and rejoice when they die. It's very hard to do, though.

shais_mom
04-05-2005, 01:11 PM
thank you for you're kind thoughts and support everyone.
:)

It means so much to me.

I just got home from the hospital and my grandpa seems a bit stronger today. He is breathing easier for the most part. Please keep those prayers coming and the healing vibes too! :)

sirrahbed
04-05-2005, 01:19 PM
I have said my prayers for your Grandpa and for you Staci. That was a very sweet story about your grandmother, Grace. I hope they know and knew they had such a loving grand-daughter:)

Cincy'sMom
04-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Glad to hear your grandpa is doing better today. He's in our thoughts and prayers

tatsxxx11
04-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Big {{{HUGS}}} to you Staci. You always speak with such love for all your family members. They were and are, blessed to have you in their lives. God Bless Grandma Grace and healing prayers for your Grandpa. Love, Sandra

Logan
04-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Prayers for your family, Staci. Something tells me that your grandma is up there sending messages. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan

gini
04-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Staci, what a sweet tribute to your Grandmother. She was a lucky woman to have a Granddaughter like you.

It must be so difficult for your Grandfather and you can count on my prayers for him.

RICHARD
04-05-2005, 05:34 PM
PRAYERS NEEDED?
PRAYERS SENT!

GET WELL, GRAMPS!

Laura's Babies
04-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Prayers sent and will keep Grandpa in them for as long as needed...

zippy-kat
04-05-2005, 07:38 PM
{{prayers, love, and hugs}}

Check your voicemail! :)

shais_mom
04-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Thanks again everyone, I know Grandma Josie/Tippy is looking down on this with a smile on her face. And is probably just shaking her head and saying 'Staci Lynn"!

BTW just in case anyone wonders my Grandpa's first name is Carl and his last name is the same as mine.

NoahsMommy
04-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Stac,

Every time I think of your grandmother, I feel as though I know her...because I know you and know you are a great person and I know thats in part because of your beloved grandmother. She left a lasting impression on you that we can all see...loving and kindness.

I will think of your grandmother fondly tonight in my prayers. I know she's there with my grandmother, laughing and cooking together. :)

Regarding your grandfather. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers for as long as you need me too. I know God listens and can calm poor health and anxious hearts.

This, I'll pray for you and your family.

Love, hugs and thoughts,
Kelly

NoahsMommy
04-06-2005, 03:52 PM
How is your grandpa today, Stac??

Hugs, Kelly

cookieluver7
04-06-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope all is well. Keep posting and keeping us updated on how he's doing okay?

((((((HUGS)))))

Abby

Animal Lover12
04-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
What a beauitful tribute to your grandparents, Staci. As hard as it will be to say goodbye to grandpa, know that he and your grandmother will be reunited to live happily ever after.

Please call if you need anything.

{{{hugs}}}

Yes. most definatly! Lots of hugs for them all!

shais_mom
04-06-2005, 11:07 PM
I talked to my dad tonite and he is the same. So I guess that means no better or no worse.

Thanks