PDA

View Full Version : Jethro update

Glacier
04-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Remember the short term foster I posted about last week? The one my co-worker, Rosanna, was taking while her husband is away for two weeks. Well, it's been five days and she is in LOVE!! Jethro has been doing exactly what he needs to in order to make this permanent--he warns her when someone comes in the yard or up the driveway, but is friendly when she tells him it's ok. He hasn't had any accidents in the house. He doesn't challenge her fence. He's nice to people and dogs when she walks him and he gets along with her cat!

She was in my office today and has decided that she is going to tell her husband that Jethro has to stay for a couple extra days after he gets home. He's a softie too and has had dogs before so a few days may be long enough for him to love Jethro too. And if all else fails, Rosanna says she'll just turn on the tears. Her hubby has trouble saying No to a woman who's crying! LOL!!!

I think Jethro is home at last!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ktreva52
04-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Well, now, there's some good news! Fingers, toes, talons and wings crossed for Jethro!! Go with the tears, Rosanna, mush it up so hubby gives in. Luck, Christi

Oggyflute
04-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Buy the sounds of it Jethro will just have to put his head on hubby's lap and it will be a done deal.:D

RobiLee
04-05-2005, 04:31 AM
Woo Hoo!!! This is wonderful news! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that hubby doesn't put up a fuss about it and your friend doesn't have to turn on the water works...lol. ;)

Hugs to Jethro!

Robin :)

pitc9
04-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Oh Yipppeeee!!

Go Jethro!!! Go Jethro!!!
What a good boy! You only have one more heart to win over!

Ginger's Mom
04-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Oh Yay, Jethro!!! We knew you could do it :). Keep up the good work. You will have them eating out of your little paws in no time.:)

anna_66
04-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Oh Happy Dayz! I'm so happy that "hopefully" Jethro has found his forever home:D He knew just what to do to make her realize that he belongs there with them didn't he?!

We'll be keeping all fingers and paws crossed here!!!

Queen of Poop
04-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Excellent!! Simply excellent. How very wonderful for them all. Good for you for putting them together. :) :)

dukedogsmom
04-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Hurray for Jethro! He sounds like an awesome dog and I'm so glad he's finally got a forever home. Thank your friend for us. Glad he's working out so well.

Bigyummydog
04-05-2005, 04:29 PM
;) you had to know your sweet face
could not be denied;) how great for
all of you!!!

cyber-sibes
04-05-2005, 10:04 PM
GOOD BOY! We'll be waiting to hear that it's official.....

Corinna
04-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Sounds like you and Jethro's pak worked. :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Glacier

... he warns her when someone comes in the yard
or up the driveway,
but is friendly when she tells him it's ok.

Tell your GF to break out a Photo of Hubby -
and do some Recognition Drills with Jethro ...
THIS is Hubby/DADDY - Do NOT *bark* at him!!

And be sure there's NO chance of Hubby returning home "late" -
and letting himself in without warning ...
THAT could be *nasty*! :p

And maybe a quick lesson on Carrying DADDY's Slippers??

GOOD LUCK, Jethro!! :D

Dixieland Dancer
04-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Jethro sounds like a real sweetheart! Hopefully you friend doesn't have to resort to tears to get hubby to realize what a wonderful dog Jethro is BUT.... isn't it nice to know she has a tool for turning hubby into mush! LOL ;)

ramanth
04-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Oh that's wonderful!! I hope the hubby falls for Jethro. :D