PDA

View Full Version : Laura Bush

gini
09-18-2001, 08:13 PM
Today, on the Oprah show, Laura Bush was her guest. Oprah asked Mrs. Bush if she and the President talked about the recent events when he goes to their private quarters.

She said, very little, but they have three pets that they are crazy about and spend a lot of time with them. She went on to tell the children in the audience that pets can be a great comfort during these times and encouraged each of them to play with their pets.

I thought this fit our current Pet Poll perfectly.

4 feline house
09-18-2001, 09:08 PM
Wow! Maybe the first family would like to join our little board?

karen israel
09-19-2001, 02:44 PM
4 feline..meant to tell you..your pics were on my screen and a few people in the office saw them and did "AWWWWW" all at once! They were a real hit.. esp the kitty running! :D :D

4 feline house
09-19-2001, 07:16 PM
Aw, gee :o ! That little leapin' kitty is pretty popular!

crow_noir
09-19-2001, 10:25 PM
does anyone have a link where i could see all of the present white house pets at?

or even a link for previous white house pets. (i remember seeing a site where you could test your knowledge by trying to match the dog to the president.)

Gio
09-20-2001, 06:38 AM
I can't believe it India has an incredible resemblance to my Prema!! Until I counted the legs I could have sworn it was her.

crow_noir
09-21-2001, 12:24 AM
t h a n k yooooooooou !

dababy
09-22-2001, 11:31 PM
Who knew! They have a cow! :D I always had respect for the president, but didnt realize he and his family loved animals so much...a paw up to you, Bush family! ;)

4 feline house
09-23-2001, 01:30 AM
So cute! Thanks for the link, Spencer!

jackiesdaisy1935
09-23-2001, 09:22 AM
That's a great link Spencer, here is another called the "First Dog Game" on discovery http://www.discovery.com/stories/history/firstdog/game.html

Jackie

Dixieland Dancer
09-24-2001, 03:03 PM
I checked out the link last week. It was wonderful to see the presidents pets and get to know their names. Over the weekend I was watching C-Span on TV and the presidents helicopter was landing on the White House South lawn. When they all unboarded they had both dogs with them. Laura was holding Barney and Spotty was walking in front of them. The president was walking with them too! They didn't have the cow with them and I didn't see India either.

Karen
09-24-2001, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion:
<STRONG>Napoleon, Hitler (cats at least)[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: SpencerTheLion ]</STRONG>

Adolph Hitler had German Shepherds that he apparently loved - I have seen old black and white newsreel video of him playing with one, looking like any normal person with their dog. Sigh. If only life were that predictable!

crow_noir
10-03-2001, 11:07 PM
Jackie!!! that's the one i was thinking of! thank you! you are an angel.