PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used 1-800-petmeds

caseysmom
04-04-2005, 12:36 PM
It is so much cheaper than buying the heartguard and revolution at the vets...has anyone every used this? How does it work? Do they call the vet for the prescription?

Bigyummydog
04-04-2005, 01:51 PM
i called 800petmeds before, and the prices
are mostly the same or a little less...but then
you add s/h, and you'll get it in a few days...
the additional visit to the vet isn't actually
more, because if your pets are in good health,
it's because you take them to the vet on a
regular basis...and sometimes your vet will have
a better deal for you anyway...buy so much
and you get more free or alot less...we stick to vet:p

caseysmom
04-04-2005, 02:01 PM
the dogs have regular checkups ....after 39.00 the shipping is free, the difference in quite signifigant...less than half price, if it wasn't much I wouldn't consider it.

ramanth
04-04-2005, 02:49 PM
I considered using it, but the vet actually charges me less than the price the website quoted.

caseysmom
04-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Wow ramanth that is really good, I wonder if California is just worse???

wolflady
04-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Yes, California is pretty bad when it comes to prices. I had people calling our hospital all the time to place 1800petmed prescriptions.
The way it worked at our hospital, is when the doctor prescribed something for an animal, the person could opt to use the 1800petmeds if they wanted. When they opted for that route, we faxed in the information to 1800petmeds for the owner. So, to answer your question on how it works: Yes, it does require a vet's note or a copy of the prescribed medication faxed from a vet's office.

caseysmom
04-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks wolflady, I see in their website that they will also call the vet if you give the name and phone number.