PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Trip

Rie Rie
04-04-2005, 10:33 AM
We had a nice time on our trip, although it didn't start out that way. The Thurs. night before we left, I was up all night with a stomach virus, so I didn't get much sleep. Figured, no big deal, I'll just sleep in the van. Well, that was not to happen either, after only 4 hours on the road, my husband was hit with the virus, so I had to drive after that. Of course I got many breaks since we had to stop often for him to go to the bathroom. When we got to Texas, we decided we needed to take a break and rest, so we got a room for 3 hours. So, finally we're back on the road, but not for long. It was my sons turn. We were barely on the road an hour when he said we had to stop. The trip the first day usually takes us 13 hours to get to Amirillo, Tx, where we spend the night. As it turned out we didn't even make it that far, it took us 14 hours just to get to Dallas and that is where we decided to spend the night. The next morning we were feeling much better, still a little drained, but much better. The second day is usually about 7 hours which puts us there about 2pm, but this time we didn't get there until 6:30pm.
SOOO, anyway we ended up having a nice time.
This is what it looked like when we got there on Sat.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid163/p4539b60232d8629cf354506cdf7f135e/f495b93e.jpg

And this is what it looked like on Wed.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid163/p2f4cc6c3086baf0ad5d921c033cdfcbe/f495b940.jpg

Laura's Babies
04-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Wow Rie, I have to come over and look at ALL the pictures. Brrrrr, it looks COLD! Better frame that picture of that Southern van with snow on it!

I just never could get it, we wait ALL winter for spring to get here and you take off and go where it is freezing and snowing! brrrr, I will stay in the sunny south where it is warm but you know I hate being cold. (Had enough of freezing, snow and ice when I was a kid in Virginia)

jazzcat
04-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Wow, it looks gorgeous there but eww, what a bad road trip. I imagine that was rough on you all. I hope things got better once you were there.

Glad to see you back home safe and sound.

kimlovescats
04-04-2005, 12:07 PM
YIKES, I'm sorry your trip was so yucky! But the scenery was beautiful once you got there! Glad you are safely back home and feeling better!;)

catmandu
04-04-2005, 12:11 PM
That ,looks like a Beuatiful Location,and that is a shame,that you were taken ill,as ou were going,on what should have been A Fun Vacation.But you certainly had a Nice Chalet!Mr Scrappy,and Mr Fluffy,said,that it was wonderful,inside!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos755.jpg

Prairie Purrs
04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
What a gorgeous place! I love the chalet style for mountain homes. If I actually had money I'd have a little cabin way up in the mountains for get-aways. Instead, I have a little tent and an air bed. :D

I'm sorry the drive out was so miserable. I'm glad you had a good time once you got there.