PDA

View Full Version : Merlin is actually Cosmo

catlover4ever
04-04-2005, 08:09 AM
I first off just want to thank everyone for the advice that everyone gave me about Merlin. I went home Friday night and put a collar with a note on him. The note gave my name, address and just asked if Merlin belonged to someone. On Sunday afternoon I had a knock at my door and this lady with her son was standing there. She asked if this was my collar...seems the note fell off.

To make a long story short....Merlin lives 4 houses up from me with 5 other kitties. His name is really Cosmo. She said she got allnervous when he came home with a collar on him, she was afraid that I was going to take him away when we moved.

I asked how she knew it was me that put the collar on him and she said she knew that I had cats and she had seen him in our yard several times.

So Merlin or should I say Cosmo has a home and only come to see me when he wants some attention, food or to frolic in my bird garden.

sirrahbed
04-04-2005, 08:13 AM
oh Meg!! I bet this is a relief. Am so glad you tried the collar - and that it resulted in finding the nice and concerned owner:D

catmandu
04-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Although,if they were that concerned,they would not let Cosmo,run free,and run,the risk,of Cars,and Dogs! Still,it was very thoughtful,of you,to go,to all that trouble,to determine Cosmos indentity.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos891.jpg

catnapper
04-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Whew. I bet that put your mind at ease. I wonder if she will take the hint and keep a better eye on Cosmo for the next time - somebody else might not be as caring or considerate as you!

kimlovescats
04-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Whew. I bet that put your mind at ease. I wonder if she will take the hint and keep a better eye on Cosmo for the next time - somebody else might not be as caring or considerate as you!

My thoughts exactly! Good job, Meg!;)

Laura's Babies
04-04-2005, 09:35 AM
So now you can move and not worry about him. I hope she does learn to keep him inside though because like they said, the next person may not try to find his owners.

When I lived in Florida with my friend. A friend of hers had died and left her his house and cat. There was another cat the was called Blackie that hung around, always showing up at dinner time but sometimes he would dissapear for days.... I had the feeling he had a home and just liked to roam since he was not a skinny boy but Mr. Smith, the man that died claimed Blackie as HIS own cat anyway.

jazzcat
04-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Well that worked out. I do hope the others are right and she takes the hint.

I'm sure if you are anything like me you have mixed emotions about it all. (((HUGS)))

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Oh what a relief for you! Funny though, that even without the note she knew to come to you. Merlin/Cosmo must have been sending out vibes. ;) :D