PDA

View Full Version : Does your pet eat unusual things?

LindysMomma
09-03-2001, 10:02 AM
Not Lindy! She likes peanut butter, meat, chips, popcorn, the usual. Now Buddy, on the other hand, will eat ANYTHING! :)

aly
09-03-2001, 12:17 PM
Nope. Reece will usually take something from me, taste it, then spit it out. I can't for the life of me to get him or Lolly to eat a carrot. Lolly won't even take something if she doesn't like it, and she's even more picky than Reece. Peanut butter and string cheese are the favorites around here.

[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

3-greys-and-a-mutt
09-03-2001, 05:18 PM
They all eat treats and veggies and nyla bones, etc., the norm!
But then there's the weird stuff.... Out in the yard, it's sticks and grass and acorns. Yes, we know acorns are bad for dogs, but when you've got several big oaks, it rains acorns and you just can't find all of them! Boo especially loves sticks and acorns.
They try to get into the trash sometimes, but we have a lid on the kitchen can. Buddy lately has been breaking into the bathroom when we are gone, and shredding the toilet paper roll (but he doesn't eat it). Pup ate my nightguard mouthpiece (twice, how dumb am I).
Drumroll, please, here's the yuckiest thing: PUP EATS BARF! If she or one of the other dogs gets sick, we have to be right there to clean it instantly, or Pup plays Hoover, and it's gone before we know it!

ILOVECINDER
09-03-2001, 11:54 PM
CINDER WILL EAT ANYTHING! BUT NOT ANYTHING SWEET... :) HEHE

-CINDER RULES!-

Daisy's Mom
09-04-2001, 04:47 PM
Oh yes, Daisy eats everything! I am sure you have all seen the pictures of her devouring the trash! If not, just ask me and I'll post them again :) lol. Daisy eats anything edible, and sometimes, anything at all, edible or not! There was that time when she tried to eat a can and got it stuck on her lower jaw (that was scary), and when she tried to eat my neighbor's chickens, and three bicicle helmets, and my homework - seriously (yeah, try explaining to your teacher that your dog ate your homework - they do NOT buy it! LOL) and one of my father's ventilator tubes... the list goes on and on!! :)

Superfish
09-05-2001, 11:22 AM
Oh yeah! Sonya's favorite thing in the whole world is a handful of frozen peas! The rats also got into this frozen pea thing. I've also had B.B. the snake rip off and swallow a piece of that plastic stuff that seals up aquariums. Something must be in my water!

Shoshonee
10-03-2001, 12:43 PM
I never thought that dogs liked fruits or veggies. Boy was I wrong!! :D One night I was walking with a plateful of watermelon when my normally calm Copper (especially when he knows he's going to get food. very patient!)jumped up and hit my plate spilling the watermelon only to eat the whole thing! Daisy (not so patient) loves corn! Just recently I found that they like endamame (soy beans) but limit how much they eat. They both like the usual too peanut butter and string cheese are their favorites! :)