PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a favorite...

catnapper
04-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Glass/cup/mug?

I know, a silly idea for a poll, but I am upet right now! I went to go make a cup of tea in one of MY cups... and its MISSING!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have two cups - one was a gift from my daughter, and the other is from my ex-employment -- I stole it from the office as I left because it was the cup I used at my desk everyday. It is complete with the company's logo! :p I should hate the cup, but instead I love the way it feels in my hand, thus I keep it.

I am currently drinking out of a run-of-the-mill coffee cup - actually its cute - has Santa's Elves on it. But its not MY cup! Oh the humanity!

I KNOW I can't be the only one grieving over the misplacement of a special glass/cup/mug!

cali
04-03-2005, 05:23 PM
yes, my Happy mug! I had a mug made with Happys picture on one side and the other side says :

HAPPY
Border Collie
Lean, Mean
Retreiving machine

because when she was a pup she would retrieve EVERYTHING for us lol still does, she will bring me somthing to toss for her that is so small I cant even see it, she carrys these little things ever so carefully between her lips lol

manda_moo87
04-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Yes, I have a huge navy blue mug that I love. I actually bought it for my Dad for Christmas a few years back but he never used it so its now 'mine'. :)

chocolatepuppy
04-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Yes! And currently I am grieving because I know longer have my favorite snowman mug. :( I'd have hot cocoa in it almost every morning all through the winter for years now. Then on the first day of spring, I washed it and was drying it and the handle broke right off! :eek: Oh I have plenty more mugs and even another snowman one, but it's not the same. :(

cookieluver7
04-03-2005, 06:30 PM
To be completely honest, there is not a glass, cup, or mug in my house that is my favorite. :p

Good luck finding yours though!:D

Abby

Josh4Colts
04-03-2005, 06:39 PM
not really, some are just not quite as good as others.

moosmom
04-03-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm SO glad you posted this thread!!!

Years ago when my daughter and I were walking through a craft fair, Amy lit up like a Christmas tree and yelled, "Ma!! Look!!!" There was a crafter that was selling caricature mugs. She spotted one that we both agreed was the spitting image of my Dad, complete with a cigar in his mouth. It was a bit expensive ($32) but I didn't care. It was my Dad and I HAD to have it!!!

Now, every single day, I have coffee with my Dad, "Dave".

Check it out...

My Dad

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid163/pe78ce3aabc95ca0471521a89caf396b6/f497d1c5.jpg

My "Dave" mug, complete with a stogey in his mouth!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid163/pac9a445530b962ece9c33c87a82ccb3f/f497d15b.jpg

Laura's Babies
04-03-2005, 08:30 PM
I have my favorite glass for water and tea and I drink only from that and I have MY coffee mug I ordered off of Image Station with a picture of the boat I work on, on one side and "Never trust a skinny cook" on the other. I ordered it to give my relief cook for Christmas but liked it so much I kept it... (she don't like me anyway)

BitsyNaceyDog
04-03-2005, 09:34 PM
I have a favorite glass that has stars on it. I used to have 2, but Justin dropped one.

I also have a favorite spoon. It's my yogurt spoon. I have to eat my yogurt with it everyday. All my other spoons match, but this one it different and I love it. I only ever eat my yogurt with it though. :rolleyes: Odd isn't it.

Karen
04-03-2005, 09:50 PM
I have *my* mug at work, and a favorite pair of mugs at home. At work I have a mug that my boss gave me a pair of, I took one home, so when the handle broke on the first one as I was washing it one day, the second one came back to work. It has little brown bunnies hopping around it. There are many mugs at the office, but I just use "mine." At home I have a pair of mugs - the Eeyore on one side/Tigger on the other is my favorite, and the Pooh/Piglet one is second. We do have mugs that match our dinnerware, but I never use those, and we're not coffee drinkers anyway, so they just sit in the cabinet. And I have three antique china tea cups that I inherited from an elderly relative of Paul's that get used only on the rare occasion that I have a friend over for tea. They're too nice to use for anything but special times, you know?

Orca
04-03-2005, 10:00 PM
My favorite mug is my Friends mug that my brother got for me in NYC. Okay, so he actually didn't get it for me in particular, he got two for the family and I kind of took one for me because that show is one of my obsessions :D . Anyway, I don't use it to drink from because I don't want the picture to get damaged from over-use. So its sitting in front of my on my desk to hold my pens.

Oggyflute
04-04-2005, 01:50 AM
I know exactly where you are coming from mate.:D Coffee or tea just doesn't taste the same unless it's in your own mug! I had a West Ham football team mug I drank out of for near on thirty years, (of course when I first got it, it mainly held cordial:D ), then two years ago I broke it washing it up.:( Fortunately Caroles best friend was going over to England at the time and managed to get me another West Ham mug. But disaster has struck, and I broke the handle of it last week. :( *sigh*

It just doesn't taste the same.:(

carole
04-04-2005, 04:59 AM
Absolutely , the one my daughter gave me for xmas, only thing is I am not a big tea drinker, so only fill it half full, it is quite large, it is black with white cats on it, it says cat lover at the top, I did have a pic, but somehow I have lost it.

Actually I am really fussy about which cup or mug or glass I use, I have certain ones I like and others I just don't like.:D

Kfamr
04-04-2005, 05:53 AM
They all work the same. ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-04-2005, 06:39 AM
He he, what a great idea!!

My favorite mug is this yellow one, with a tux-cat on it
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cat-collection%201.jpg

I collect cat-mugs, so these 3 are my favorites too!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cat-collection%203.jpg

sirrahbed
04-04-2005, 08:22 AM
LOVE your mugs Lut!!

Kim: YES I absolutely have a favorite mug at all times!! I am a hopeless mug collector and get attached to different ones. I went through THREE of the same mugs - each would break and hubby would buy another just like it.

Currently - I will ONLY drink from one mug - it was a Christmas gift from sirrahved, who is my DIL. It is large and handmade - with swirly paint in shades of green, cream and coffee colors -sold at a coffee shop where she works. If it turns up missing - I will NOT enjoy my coffee!!:eek: