PDA

View Full Version : Cravings for pop

sammy101
04-03-2005, 03:21 PM
i'm really addicted to pop.especially Sprite.i have a pop almost everyday!i have cravings for it all the time.i'm really trying to get away from it,but i cravings for it all the time:rolleyes:
anyone have any ideas how to stop the cravings??

Lexi_Lover
04-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Don't give in, and drink water! ;)

Mmmmm.....gingerale!!! :p

cookieluver7
04-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Maybe stop buying pop. Then when you are at home you won't be able to get it.:)

Abby

green_chameleon_girl
04-03-2005, 03:35 PM
I lOVE PEPSI!! !I dont know why, its brown liquid with fizz that like burns your throat!! It most likly the caffine, but I try to buy frutopia and minute maid in a can, so its like still opening a can, just a different drink:)

cookieluver7
04-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by green_chameleon_girl
I lOVE PEPSI!!!

So do I!!

PJ's Mom
04-03-2005, 03:48 PM
The longer you go without it, the easier it becomes. You just have to be tough and quit cold turkey. :p

IRescue452
04-03-2005, 04:47 PM
I don't love it but I drink a mountain dew every day. I wish I could go off it as I think I'm developing stomach problems from it, but I'm on it for the caffiene. I have chronic, hereditary migrains and I can have a choice of either medicine daily or caffine, both work just as good, but I have to have one or the other everyday. Should switch to some other form of caffiene I guess but "soda" is the easiest. Pop? What's pop? We don't have that in these parts.:D

Kfamr
04-03-2005, 05:00 PM
I used to drink Mello Yello, Mountain Dew, and other light colored sodas all the time. Although probably not as bad as Coke and Pepsi's, someone once referred to them as "carbonated syrup".. It somehow made me feel disgusted in them, most of the time. Just the thought of chugging down a bottle of syrup instead of a soda everytime I drank one.

I also started drinking water more and more, which now I feel weird not drinking a lot of water in the day. I feel a lot better than I did when drinking sodas.

Pepsi, Coke, and other dark sodas have always been gross to me, unless really watered down. With the exception of a root beer every now and then.

catnapper
04-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Do what I did - go cold turkey, but give yourself a reason and reward.

When I gave up sodas, I was drinking WAAAYYY too much, about 6-12 cans a DAY. I gave it up for lent one year, and when I saw how much weight I lost, I never took another sip. that was nearly ten years ago. I really can't remeber what Coke or Pepsi tastes like anymore. I only drink SPrite or Gingerale when sick to help ease my upset tummy. And I have to be REALLY sick in order to break my no soda rule.

Now, recently I gave up drinking sweetened tea. No caned, no bottled, nothing prepackaged. I can drink it so long as I brew the tea mysef and add the littlest hint of sugar. I made this deal with myself and gave myself a goal and reward. I am doing well, and its only been since right befroe Christmas I did that, and again, I've managed to loose 20 pounds just by sropping the suagry tea from my daily drinks.

No I only drink water, hot tea or iced tea I brewed myself. It far from boring too! There are so many teas out there for flavoring!

Suki Wingy
04-03-2005, 06:26 PM
I don't know how to stop it but I'm really adicted to it too. especially diet lime coke.

Josh4Colts
04-03-2005, 06:42 PM
at least it's pop and not something worse. Only one a day really isn't too bad.

GraciesMommy
04-03-2005, 06:44 PM
You are in Texas and you say "pop"? Its COKE in these part..all of em..coke/pepsi/moutain dew...they are all COKE..lol
Its a Southern Thang

sammy101
04-03-2005, 08:08 PM
lol when i first moved here,people call all pop 'coke'.it still bugs me alot.:p lol.
I love drinking water.i buy a drink at school everyday and i just started staying away from a pop machines,and i get water or cranberry juice.starting tomorrow,no more pop!!:eek: :) hopefully i can stick to it.

davidpizzica
04-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
I don't know how to stop it but I'm really adicted to it too. especially diet lime coke. Suki wingy, I'm drinking a lime diet coke right now! Because I'm diabetic, diet pop is all I can drink.

manda_moo87
04-03-2005, 09:32 PM
I've never been a huge pop drinker, I very rarely drink it. My Mom always tried to keep me away from the stuff when I was little and told me it would rot my teeth which kept me away from it! I do like Sprite though... but I only have it once or twice a month, as a treat. ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
04-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by manda_moo87
I've never been a huge pop drinker, I very rarely drink it. My Mom always tried to keep me away from the stuff when I was little and told me it would rot my teeth which kept me away from it! I do like Sprite though... but I only have it once or twice a month, as a treat. ;)

Same here. I've never been a big fan of pop (yes, I say pop too, I'm originally from NY). A nice cold fresh Sprite is all I'll ever drink, and that's not too often. Usually I only drink it if I'm at a restaurant or something.

micki76
04-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Now, recently I gave up drinking sweetened tea. No caned, no bottled, nothing prepackaged. I can drink it so long as I brew the tea mysef and add the littlest hint of sugar. I made this deal with myself and gave myself a goal and reward. I am doing well, and its only been since right befroe Christmas I did that, and again, I've managed to loose 20 pounds just by sropping the suagry tea from my daily drinks.

Have you tried Splenda? It's made from sugar and tastes GOOD!! I use it a lot nowdays. You can even bake with it, and it's safe for diabetics. Yummy stuff.

Originally posted by GraciesMommy
You are in Texas and you say "pop"? Its COKE in these part..all of em..coke/pepsi/moutain dew...they are all COKE..lol
Its a Southern Thang

You read my mind, Pamela!!! :D

king2005
04-03-2005, 11:40 PM
I use to drink 1L of pepsi (Canadian Pepsi only) a day. then I was getting super fat. SO I switched to Diet Pepsi & nt it take me several days to drink 1L. I hate the taste soo much.

At work I have Diet Pepsi with no caffeen. I drink 1 can a day, trying to convince my mind that there is caffeen in it (the cravings r really bad, I WANT ONE NOW).

Corinna
04-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Ok My name is Corinna and I am a Coke, pepsi, pop, and soda addict. I have been since high school thats been some thirty odd years. I was so bad when the kids were younger they new to get mom a coke out of the fridge and bring it to me ,before I got out of bed. If not we were in for a rough day. Pretty sad huh. I did stop once for a whole 3 months. The first week I just about killed my whole family and I had the DT's, the 2nd week all I could do was sleep. I finally just pushed my self of the couch and back in to life. But after 3 months hubby decided it wasn't worth the mood swings and decided to budget in my drinks in my grocery budget.
I have cut way back but still need that caffine rush, I don't drink coffee
:p .

green_chameleon_girl
04-04-2005, 12:19 AM
I feel like its really bad for me though, because im only fouteen and I can can EASILY drink 5 a day, but I dont;):p But sometimes I feel like I need too, so I run downstairs and grab a glass of water or juice;)

christa
04-04-2005, 07:20 AM
You need to stop drinking the stuff. Drink water! ;)

I stopped drinking pop last February . . . and I don't miss it at all. Every now and then, I will CRAVE it like it's chocolate or something. On occassion, I will get a tiny bit of Coke . . . then I savor it like it's liquid candy! I only drink it when I'm really craving it though.

;)

Suki Wingy
04-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Yes, I am 15 and can easily drink up to about 12 cans a day when at my dad's house (Allways stocked up, and he has no limit)
I also feel like I could use some caffine sometimes, and I HATE the smell/taste of coffee.

Originally posted by david p
Suki wingy, I'm drinking a lime diet coke right now! Because I'm diabetic, diet pop is all I can drink.
I hate the regular, it DOES taste like syrup!

sammy101
04-04-2005, 10:28 PM
12 cans?!?:eek: thats alot!
i've heard that carbinated drinks can actually start eating away at your insides.(i have no idea how to spell those fancy words for your insides,so bare with me:o )thats one reason i want to stop is b/c i know that can happen,especially if you drink alot of pop.I can very much believe that can happen.

Suki Wingy
04-04-2005, 10:40 PM
yeah, I know, it's really bad, but I only drink that many about every two or three months for only a few days, because that is when I visit with my dad. With my mom and step dad it is more like 2 because they catch me and then I'm in trouble.;)

Twisterdog
04-04-2005, 11:00 PM
I hardly think one can of pop per day is going to hurt you. If that's all you drink, I seriously wouldn't worry about it.

Jamieejo85
04-05-2005, 04:17 PM
I gave up drinking soda for Lent and haven't gone back to it since....