PDA

View Full Version : It appears to me that I am being judged....

kimlovescats
04-03-2005, 01:59 PM
EDITED to STOP POSTING!!!
I appreciate all the response to this thread, but I would REALLY like to let this thread disappear now!!! There are much more important threads to be spending our time on now!
I'm sorry for having such a mental break down, but I am fine and ready to move on!

HUGS AND LOVE,
Kim

by some of the PT police! :rolleyes: Why? I can only assume because I recently stated that I was no longer going to be doing rescue work, and mostly because I placed 6 of my rescues with another rescue. THEN, God forbid, I recently rescued 2 more adult males from a very HIGH KILL shelter! Rescue is WHAT I DO ... whether anyone else in the entire world cares, understands, or not!:eek:

I have always said, to myself as well as others on occasion, that every cat that comes here is considered a part of our family for however long they are here. Whether that be a day, a year, or 10 years!!! There are certain instances when a cat needs a certain type of home environment and until that home is found, then they are here for the duration. YES, sometimes even, kitties who were "titled" as "keepers" may ultimately be moved on to another situation. It's just what works best for that cat, and the current situation at hand. For instance, overcrowding is an issue, kitties becoming moody (as little Angel had) and also the need to make room for new rescues. These two that recently joined our "family" were hours away from being KILLED at our local shelter. Why? Because they were adults, and also because they both were starting the URI!!! For those who aren't sure "who" i am speaking of ... they are Baxter and Redfurd, in my new siggy below!

In the future, I plan to keep MY business just that ... MINE!!! I joined PT to share my love of cats, and what bit of knowledge that I have concerning them. I have made some friends, and am blessed by that! However, I am sick and tired of all the *high school* attitudes that a few of the PT members seem to like to live ... I am SO over that phase of my life!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It is more than obvious when certain people refrain from posting on a thread of mine, no matter how many *bumps* I give it. So, I can only assume that they are using the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" theory. Well, when it is obvious that a few you thought were true friends, do this, it still hurts!

You know what though? I know for a fact that what I do is lifesaving for these kitties, and that I am blessed for my work. Blessed by GOD my Heavenly Father ... and that is all I truly need.
For those of you who continually support me, I thank you and LOVE you dearly!!!! No one can judge another here, especially a rescuer, unless you have walked in our shoes!

I am not one to "toot my own horn" as I think has been pretty obvious here on PT, but I HAVE always believed in standing up for what you believe!

For those who care, and can stomach my latest news ... I will start a new thread of a completely blind 3 year old cat that was dumped into my care yesterday A truly sad situation, and YES I took her in!!!

Kim;)

kt_luvs_kitties
04-03-2005, 02:14 PM
I dont know where this is coming from Kim, or who is making you feel this way.. BUT I can tell you that I dont see it that way at all. I have said many times how great of a rescue you run, how selfless of you and kind of you. I am sure that whom ever is making you feel this way, isnt in the situation you are. You make decisions based on a cat-to-cat basis. Which is how I would choose to be if I were to operate a business like rescue. You do whats right for the cat, not whats right for you, your family, or Pet Talk, and that is the best way to do it. You run your shelter with your heart, and I love you for that. Keep on saving those beautiful kitties, You have my support 1000%. *HUGS* Katie

AND PLEASE dont let others spoil your threads. I WANT to see your pictures, and hear about your rescues, and I enjoy your "business", so tell all Kim, I want to hear/see it;)

kimlovescats
04-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Thank you, Katie!

(hugs)
Kim

DogLover9501
04-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Kim, I'm not sure what happened, but you seem very upset :(

I want to send some big ((((HUGS)))), and let you know that I support you 100%, and always have, you know what you are doing, and you know what's right for you and the cats you have rescued!

And like you said, unless they've walked in your shoes, nobody can judge you.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't judge you at all, I was also very surprised about this, as I didn't expect it to be a big deal.

Just know that there are alot of people here who love and support you!

Karen
04-03-2005, 02:33 PM
I don't know who you feel is judging you, but it's not me or Paul, who, if there were going to be Police on Pet Talk, we'd be it!

We know that you are a human being, and that like all of us are not perfect. You need to take care of your won health and circumstances, and anyone who doesn't understand that must have lived a sheltered life and never hit a bad stretch.

Know that you are loved,

Karen

nibblets
04-03-2005, 02:36 PM
In my eyes ALL of the rescuers and shelter workers on this board are truly to be commended. It takes a tremendous dedication and a true devotion to these little ones to do what you do.

Keep up the GOOD work...in YOUR OWN WAY!

Denyce
04-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Kim, I am so sorry you are feeling this way. It hurts I am sure. I am also sorry I don't post more on threads. I have been here for 2 years now and I haven't even reached 1000 yet. I just don't have the time to post a lot. I don't even have time to read all the threads. But I understand where you are coming from.

I have always enjoyed your threads and admire what you do. I can barely keep up with the animals I have, my work, my husband and the small amount of rescue I do. I don't know how you fit so much in each and every day. But bless you for doing it because if it weren't for people like you the world would be a grayer place.

I also understand when you say you have to cut back on rescue and then end up taking in another one. Once it is in your blood and soul to be able to do something it is hard to be able to turn any of them away.

I hope that you don't stop posting and leave because it would truly be a loss. There are times I become very frustrated with threads here. I started a thread about a very desperate situation here in PA with 100 cats that had been abandoned in a home. I was a bit hurt and disconcerted when someone here in PA on this site that does a lot of rescue didn't even say....gee...good luck to me. But I shrugged it off because I am not friends truly with anyone on here and so I guess I can't expect people to jump and respond to my threads all the time either.

If people here are "shunning" your thread because of a decision you feel you have to make in your own life in order to maintain your own sanity or for whatever reason then that is truly their loss and not yours. I feel that PT people often do some truly wonderful things and really help some people out and I am always telling people that I meet offline about this site and how great it can be. However, I also feel at times it becomes rather "nose in the air and if it isn't my way it is wrong" too.

Ah well I am sure I have offended some people with my post but that is ok. I will get over it.

Denyce

kimlovescats
04-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Thank you Robyn, Denise, Nibblets! I am probably just over-reacting as usual .... but I just couldn't let these feelings keep building inside of me. So .,.. I have let them out, and I hope it was a good thing!:rolleyes:

Karen ... I was in no way referring to you or Paul .... and you are so right ... if anyone should be "the law around these parts* it is you two! Thanks for being supportive of me Karen!

Love,
Kim

Barbara
04-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Kim I think there are many people here who love you and accept you as the person you are- and yes I can understand you very well when you say you cannot take it any more because I don't think I could take that much.

And then when your heart leads you to another kitty I am still happy because this kitty couldn't have more luck in life than to meet you:)

I hope you take care of you and can find the right balance between helping and thinking of you- but I won't judge you because you are a much better person than many I know:)

{{{Hugs}}}

Barbara + her 2 spoiled brats

nibblets
04-03-2005, 03:03 PM
I don't always make responses on threads because many times I am at work and just reading between tasks, or at home I am pressed for computer time as my teenage son tends to stake his claim on it and my online time is short. Also, I don't feel like I know anyone very well...I'm kind of a loner..not just on this board but on other boards I go to as well. I may not say it, but I am praying for all the pets and pet talkers on PT.

I only have one cat and I don't have experience in rescue work. I feel like I should not get into discussions which I know little about. I am a very NON judgemental person, so please, all PT people know that I think you are all great.

I've gotten jumped on very harshly on other message boards by people who just want to stir up trouble and I know it feels pretty bad. Opinions are wonderful, but not when they are being force fed or someone else is being persecuted over it.
I tend to keep my posts 'light' when maybe I should speak up more. Usually someone else will say what I would say too, so I let that ride.

lbaker
04-03-2005, 03:06 PM
If you are being "judged" it certainly isn't by the cats you have loved/rescued/cared for. Keep your priorities where they are, it seems to be a fine place.

rkidsrcats
04-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Kim,

The Tribe and Samson think you are wonderful. We may not post so much, but please know that we read your stories about rescues and truly respect and admire what you and all the other rescuers and foster families out there do.

To get into rescue, you have to be willing to open yourself up to the emotional lows and the highs as well as being willing to make decisions that aren't always easy. We look at our Tribe and
are thankful that there are people like you who are brave enough to do it.

Whisker kisses from The Tribe & Sam

prechrswife
04-03-2005, 03:12 PM
I haven't been around as much lately, but I will say this. I appreciate what you and the other rescuers on PT do. I realize it is something that I could not do myself because I would have much too much difficulty in letting go when it was time for the cats to move on. I can also tell that you try to do what is best for you, your family, and the cats in your care. Some of the decisions you have had to make in recent months cannot have been easy ones. Only you truly know your situation, so don't let others make you feel guilty about it. God bless you.

Cincy'sMom
04-03-2005, 03:15 PM
I don't post on the cat side often, although I do lurk and admire the pictures. And I do agree that in all parts of PT there are some who feel a need to be overly judgemental. I myself have been guilty of this a time or two, although I genreally try to say nothing rather then start a controversy.

That being said, I have learned no one can fully understand your situation unless they are beside, you, living it with you. I just don't understand with all the amazing rescue stories you have shared, with all the beautiful lives you have saved, how anyone has a right to judge. You felt overwhelmed, and you helped your fosters find other rescues. Perefectly understandable. You saw other cats in desperate situations, and saved their lives, despite your personal feeling that maybe it was time to take a break. Seems to me you are someone to be admired, not judge.

Hugs to all your fur-family, both permanent residents, and those in search of their fur-ever homes!

nibblets
04-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by rkidsrcats
Kim,

To get into rescue, you have to be willing to open yourself up to the emotional lows and the highs as well as being willing to make decisions that aren't always easy. We look at our Tribe and
are thankful that there are people like you who are brave enough to do it.

If it were not for rescuers and fosters I would not have Julie...they saved her from a life on the streets.

christa
04-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Kim, I love you and you know that! I've said it more than once, you are my hero!!!

Just wanna clear my name here . . . I haven't been posting much lately . . . to anyone's threads . . . just been so busy . . . but I've been lurking and I completely understand where you're coming from.

Just remember that there are people here that completely respect what you're doing and understand that you've had to make some really tough decisions in the past few months.

{{{HUGS}}}

catcrazylady
04-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Kim, I just posted in your thread about Abby and then found this. I really hope I'm not someone you think is judging you. I have been so busy this last couple of weeks that I have done a lot of lurking but hardly any posting.
Unless someone has sent you a PM or nasty email I really do hope you are overreacting. Spring has sprung and I think a lot of people are exceptionally busy right now so I hope that is the case.
Besides, you do what you do for your own personal reasons. You have done lots of good and wonderful things and I hope you continue to do so.
Do you really think that any of us really believed you were done with rescue?;) You needed a break and you took one. You have to take care of yourself first or there will be no rescue. Just be sure you don't put your health in jeapordy because you already know that "you can't save them all".

Take care of yourself and all those adorable furbabies. Don't worry about other people. As a matter of fact if most of us let a few get to us then none of us would be on PT ever again!;) :D :D

christa
04-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
As a matter of fact if most of us let a few get to us then none of us would be on PT ever again!;) :D :D

Ain't that the truth!!! :eek: LOL

jenluckenbach
04-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Judging you for taking in Redfur and Baxter???? :confused:

I know that I personally jumped for joy. I'll admit to a little smug smile and a snicker (after all, you were "out of rescue" :rolleyes: ) But I KNEW better. I was just waiting for the next success.

and If you want to look at postcounts on threads, than I am right there with you. I sometimes feel slighted that other people get dozens of responses and I get 5 or 6 ( from my loyal groupies....LOL) but that is just the way it is sometimes. I, myself, have come to do a lot of reading and less answering, due to time constraints.

I am going to admit something to you (if that is OK). At first, I found it hard to understand how you can say "THIS cat is a keeper" and then allow it to be adopted, but that is because that is not the way I do it. For me, once MINE, always MINE. But you see, once I figured out that this was just your "system" or your "terminology" or your "technique" (or whatever you would care to call it)....it is just your "WAY" and why should I be the one to think that is wrong. As a matter of fact, it might even be a BETTER "system" than my own. It sure is working, right?

So, you can't let the immature spoil your life. And you shouldn't allow the immature to take you away from the rest of us who love you.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Off to read your other thread.

kimlovescats
04-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Thank you ALL so much for your support and openness. Jen, I know that it appears to be wishy-washy with the "keepers" etc.... but people have to understand (or try to) that there are some that you just bond with more, and you hold on and hold on until one day, you realize that you are holding on out of selfishness, and you are actually holding that kitty BACK from a potential good home, where they are the one and only or one of very FEW kitties, and could get more attention! I know you and I and others here shower all of our kitties (no matter how many) with love and affection each and every day .... but couldn't most of us HONESTLY admit that some of them would prefer even more one on one, with less competition?:eek: ;)

It's just all part of the rescue life, isn't it? ;)

catmandu
04-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Kim,i know,how you feelas if Itold,my Brother,and Sister,In Law,how many Cats,I have,they would probably call,the Humane Society,on me,especially My Sister In Law,who amkes sure,that I see every sad story,of Cat Hoarding,that happens,in the World.You,know,that you are Our Hero,and wahtever you do,you do,for the Good,Of The Cats.I have had,to make,that choice,as well,to rehome Hershey Bar,Franklin,Gary,Orangade,and that was tough,as I loved all,those Cats,but felt,taht they would be better,off elsewhere.Scrappy,2,I just fell,in love with,and I am keeping her.But if Karina,had no had FIV,and was adoptable,then I would not,have adopted Scrappy 2.As you say,Walk In Our Shoes,Please before you judge.And I just lie,to My Family,and say,that,I am down,to 6 Cats,if they ask.Kim,you are My Friend,and I hope,taht you can help,that Poor Blind Cat,as I did Ebony,the Cat,from the Reserch Lab,that the Cats saw,but I hardly ever did,Thank God,for Mr Scrappy,and Mr Fluffy,as they were with him a lot,as was The Princess!Keep,up the Good Woork,Kim,and We Love YOU!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos892.jpg

Craftlady
04-03-2005, 03:45 PM
I read as many posts as I can in a given time frame or day. I really enjoy everyones storys, seeing photos. There are allot of times I'm not knowledgeable on a particular subject to I wont post because I dont know and I hate to give out false information or times I dont have anything to add. Doesnt mean I'm not enjoying the post. I know when I see photos I always try to tell the poster
"thanks for sharing".

sirrahbed
04-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
As a matter of fact if most of us let a few get to us then none of us would be on PT ever again!;) :D :D

I will third THAT. I have been on a 2-3 week "break" myself and much of it was licking wounds at darts aimed at Missy. (her nekkid belly fiasco:rolleyes:) I quietly go away but always come back. The disagreements that happen sometimes just pierce my heart :( I am just yesterday and today trying to post again. I have read posts but not responded and hope you and my other friends do not feel slighted!!

I don't know what happened to you - your post is vague. If you got some nasty feedback - I would send it to Karen. I have had to do that before. It is also possible that you are being hypersensitive and seeing a slight that is not there. I have done that before myself - especially things about my kids. Also - lots of my posts go unanswered and disappear and that does not feel good but I do see the hit counts and know that people looked - and that is a good thing.
Hugs,

Shady
04-03-2005, 04:12 PM
I am just a rookie here according to my post count however, I have been here for a long time though, my Tinkerbelle was Cat of the Day in 2002.

I do observe a lot (probably why my post count is so low) I just enjoy reading about everyone's babies and seeing all the pictures, reading the stories and experiencing the fun everyone is having with them. I have also benefitted greatly from experience and help for all kinds of issues.

I doubly admire all of you ladies that take your Rescues seriously and to heart. Even I know enough from reading here what is involved and it's no small feat and the lengths you go to give an unfortunate kitty a new start.

And in anything in life, you gotta do what you gotta do and as much as possible, and it's not fair for anyone to judge anyone performing a kindness. Ever.

Tess

kimlovescats
04-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
It is also possible that you are being hypersensitive and seeing a slight that is not there.

Debbie, I think you are exactly right! Lord knows one of my biggest weaknesses is being overly sensitive, and a bit on the paranoid side! Don't tell my ex-husband I admitted this ..... he would never get over himself!!!:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

(((((HUGS)))))
Kim

Cataholic
04-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Kim,
Though I have about two seconds to spare here, with Jonah in the high chair, K&L coming over soon, about fifty throw ups to clean up, five days of lunches to pack, and I need to brush my teeth- all in the next 30 minutes, I just wanted you to know you have my forever support! It is like many people have said.....I read most, but, just don't post as much as I would like to. Doesn't mean I am snubbing your threads.
Love,
Johanna

krazyaboutkatz
04-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Kim, I just wanted to let you know that I've always admired you for all of the rescue work that you do. Sometimes I can't reply to all of your threads either so please don't feel upset. You're such a sweet, caring, and wonderful person. I hope to be able to meet you some day.:) {{{HUGS}}}

sandragonfly
04-03-2005, 04:57 PM
hey, even although I have NO idea why...when...where this happened that made you felt this way, I'm not surprised why you threaded this. I've been walking on enough eggshells in this site, resulted a low post hits since membered in 2002. I seem to say wrong things all the time but I know the truth(s) myself.

you were just telling out of your chest, and every people should hear the one feelings. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as you didn't name others, insulted others but for others who thinks you're letting one to push yourself away from all of us is a problem. ...because this is one site, and one is all!

don't worry, you can say whatever you want, because what goes around comes around, especially for the cats! (a great home they're gonna have). raise a judgemental for saving lives is wrongful...are you kidding me??? unless, obviously you did this for no reason.

I AM with kat (the first poster)!!! yup, off (lurking) to other of your thread and always...stay with some of us!

elminster20
04-03-2005, 05:24 PM
No one here really knows me, I'm fairly new and don't post very much, but I will throw my two cents in and say that I agree with what everyone has said. What you do is wonderful. It would be wonderful if you took in one cat and that was it, or if took in 4-5 a week for years and years. Saving even one cat is something to be proud of, and if you need to stop doing that, for whatever reason, that's your decision, and your right. I admire you for how much you've given to our furry companions, and for ignoring what small minded people might think of your decisions. I hope to see more of your posts, and more pictures as well.

Cheers,
Dan

Laura's Babies
04-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Kim, I am upset that you are upset! Just know I DO love you and appreciate what you do and what you are able to accomplish. You are one amazing lady! DO NOT quit posting... I look forwards to seeing your posts here and it just would not be the same without you here...

Just keep being yourself PLEASE!

ashleycat
04-03-2005, 05:33 PM
is it a troll bothering you? who is pet police? im curious. i havent read anything bad.

kimlovescats
04-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Everyone, thank you so much. Now I feel silly and selfish for even posting this! :rolleyes: Oh well, it was "just my imagination ... once again ... running away with me..." :eek:

I'll try to develop thicker skin in the future!

LOVE YOU ALL!
Kim

popcornbird
04-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Kim, I have no idea what happened, or why anyone would 'judge' you, but I want you to know that I consider you to be one of the nicest people on PT, even though we don't talk much. No one should be able to make you feel that way. You do so much for God's innocent creatures, and I know you will be rewarded for that. Don't worry about what others think or say. There will always be people out there who have to criticize someone about something. No matter what anyone does, someone out there will have a problem with it. {{{hugs}}} to you, and I hope you feel better soon.

moosmom
04-03-2005, 07:35 PM
You know what though? I know for a fact that what I do is lifesaving for these kitties, and that I am blessed for my work. Blessed by GOD my Heavenly Father ... and that is all I truly need.
For those of you who continually support me, I thank you and LOVE you dearly!!!! No one can judge another here, especially a rescuer, unless you have walked in our shoes!

Kim,

You KNOW I am in awe of you and the work you do. I DARE anyone who questions your work to walk for one day in your shoes!!! :mad:

To Whom It May Concern:

How DARE you criticize the work of animal rescue!! Yes, I myself have rehomed 3 of my own cats, and have taken in more, only to find them wonderful homes. But that is ME. That is also Kimlovecats. And that is what we do!!! :mad: Unless you can prove that you are above and beyond our work, keep your damn mouth shut!!!

carole
04-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Kim I am sorry you are feeling like this, it saddens me to read your anguish and how upset you are, you and all the foster mums and Rescue workers I am in complete awe of, it takes a very special person to do the kind of work you all do, and I have nothing but huge admiration for you and everyone who takes on caring for all these precious furbabies.

Whether you are thinking you are being hyper-sensitive or not, maybe that is what makes you the warm, caring and very special human being that you are.

Continue your work the way that best suits you, NO-ONE has the right to judge you or anyone unless they have been in your shoes, I am a firm believer in that.

Hey Kim it is always good to let out one's feelings, if you were feeling this way, then I think you did the right thing coming here and expressing it, because now you know for sure WE ALL LOVE YA. and think the world of you.

rg_girlca
04-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah!!!!!! Go Donna!!!!! I love the way you are so straight forward. :D

Kim, you know I love you dear friend.

I have been here since February of 2002 and I don't know how many times I have read when a rescuer has said that this was it, I am taking a break. DO YOU BLAME THEM!!!! I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be for you all. I don't know if you remember a few years ago when I rescued the neighbours cat because they were too ignorant to take care of it. I took it in and found a home for it. In the past I have rescued mama cats and their babies from outside and found homes for them, but this is not something that I do on a regular basis. I know myself enough to say that I could not do this on a regular basis. I am not that strong of a person or as devoted as all of the rescuers here on Pt, including yourself. That's why I admire you people so much for what you do. Look at Poppy for example. I was not suppose to keep him, but nursing him back to health and bonding with him, there was no way I could let him go. If I was devoted to rescue work, my gosh, I would have 30 cats or more by now. That's why I have such respect for you and others because you do your job so well.
Sure you said not too long ago that you were giving up rescue work because of your health and other issues, but I knew, like others did, that you couldn't. It is born in you to help these defenseless, precious babies, What you did for Angel and the others is because you loved them enough to let them go to a better enviroment which was more suited for them. Don't ever feel guilty for that. It is in you to help these babies no matter what and it will always be that way. Yes, you may have to take a break now and then from it, but is so totally understandable as it can be so overwhelming at times that you do need to take time for yourself. Rescue work is the most rewarding job, but you do need to step back now and then and take care of YOU. Anyone who cannot understand that, is a fool.

You know what you are doing is right, that is the main thing. The hell what other people think. You are the one that are helping these creatures of GOD, not them.

Take a break now and then, as you deserve it, but never stop being who you are. A caring, loving devoted rescue worker.

Love you...Take Care....Huggies

catfamily
04-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Kim,you are a hero in my eyes for ALL that you do for cats and people.You are a super kind hearted person.I'm sorry you feel saddened by some PT'ers.
I try to reply to threads but I'm so tired still from all the operations and I feel bad when I only do 2-3 at a time.I hope I get more energy soon(especially with all these cats..LOL)
I think maybe some people can type faster and have more time and energy than others.

jazzcat
04-03-2005, 08:20 PM
KIM! Did you just want a post with a lot of replies?:D ;) :D (Wink, grin, wink - that was totally sarcastic for those who can't tell, I'm only teasing Kim).

Now after sitting here reading 3 pages of replies I think you can tell that we love and support you. I think it's just a case of spring and people being busy and you feeling a little vulnerable.

It looks like all is well so hugs all around!!!

Now, how about some new kitty pictures. I'm sure those two gorgeous boys are smart but I doubt they've learned how to post their own pictures yet.:D :D :D (More sarcasm) Gee, can you tell I've spent the day with my fiesty dad???:D

kimlovescats
04-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
KIM! Did you just want a post with a lot of replies?:D ;) :D (Wink, grin, wink - that was totally sarcastic for those who can't tell, I'm only teasing Kim).

Now after sitting here reading 3 pages of replies I think you can tell that we love and support you. I think it's just a case of spring and people being busy and you feeling a little vulnerable.

It looks like all is well so hugs all around!!!

Now, how about some new kitty pictures. I'm sure those two gorgeous boys are smart but I doubt they've learned how to post their own pictures yet.:D :D :D (More sarcasm) Gee, can you tell I've spent the day with my fiesty dad???:D

Alright smarty pants!!!:eek: ;) Actually, I am feeling pretty silly for even feeling this way and starting this thread. I truly appreciate all of the support, and I hope this issue will be put to bed early tonight!;)

Love you all, and I will try not to be so sensitive in the future. *blushes, tucks head, and runs*

Kim

cubby31682
04-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Kim,

I admire and I support you 100%. The work you do and so many others do on here, well it just amazes me.

My problem would be giving any of them up. Once an animal comes into my home they don't leave, unless it has parents already. ;)

I think you are such a sweet person. I do read almost every post when I come here. I just don't post much. (That's why it's taken me 2 years to get to pillerhood. LOL) I love to read about all of your cats and see all the pictures.

{{{HUGS}}} to you.
Katie

Soapets
04-03-2005, 08:55 PM
I have no idea what you were talking about. I admire the things you, and EVERYONE who rescues animals, do.

A lot of times I read LOTS of posts, but I don't always post replies. Last week I was kind of down in the dumps and didn't even get on this site very much. I had a lot of other things going on, and those things were priority.

I can't get pictures from Photobucket to show up on my computer screen due to the Internet filtering service I use, so unless I can get a mental image of some of the pictures on those threads, I hardly ever reply to them.

I absolutely LOVE this site, and HOPE that nobody EVER thinks that just because I don't post a reply on their thread that it means anything against them.

The threads I am most likely to post replies to are ones that are requesting prayers, because I feel like those are the ones I can be the most helpful with. It's easy for me to add my prayers to everyone else's.

I've also been kind of watching the counts on how many people visit each thread, and how many replies are given. What I've noticed is that only about 10% of the views usually account for a reply on each thread. The ones that have a greater percentage than that are the ones that just about EVERYBODY can relate to in some form or another.

And a lot of times I find myself viewing a thread based on it's title, not the name of the author who started it. It seems that the catchier and more interesting the title is, the more views it gets. People who haven't been on here long, or who don't feel "connected" to other members just by their names yet, might not pay as much attention to the author of the thread as they do to the topic.

I don't know if this is helpful for anyone who reads it or not, but it just tells some things I've observed in the short time I've been a member of this forum. AGAIN, I sure hope I have never been the cause of anyone feeling slighted or disrespected or anything on here. That certainly would never be my intention.

GraciesMommy
04-03-2005, 09:27 PM
I am not a cat person actually but I still read the cat boards and comment from time to time. I think you all have beautiful cats and I also think its wonderful that you and others here work in rescue..that is very commendable..and for the dog rescue too..

Hugs to you for the work you do for the whole animal kingdom...

Logan
04-03-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm glad you feel better. I just finished reading this whole thread, and it is 100% for sure that you are definitely loved!!!! :D Don't let the words or lack of them, of a few, make you think anything else. :):)

You are admired and loved. :)

Logan

sarifish
04-03-2005, 09:35 PM
aww dont let what anyone says to make u mad affect you. i respect everything you do fully and i think you are the best person ever for doing what u do if not for you alot of those kitties would not be alive and for you rescuing them they will now live the best life i hope you feel better and i give you 100% support!!!

moosmom
04-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Kimlovescats,

What Logan said!! You are DEFINITELY loved! Sorry I was so "outspoken". But I get really angry when people who have no idea why I work in animal rescue, try to give me "advice" on whether or not I should or should not keep the cats I rescue. Sometimes it's beyond my control.

The other night I was talking to my friend and casually "mentioned" that while I AM trying to find a home for Mattie Grace, if it doesn't happen, it's no big deal. She said, "Well I think you have too many cats now as it is, and will have a difficult time finding another place to live, so you'd be better off relocating her." That, coming from someone who is highly allergic to cats, has a dog she adopted a year ago, on top of a bunny who, from what I've seen, has been neglected since the dog came onto the scene.

Enough said.

You hang in there Kim. I'm behind you 100%.

((((hugs)))))
Donna

Edwina's Secretary
04-03-2005, 09:47 PM
ALRIGHT!!! I cannot read all of this...."judge not...lest ye be judged...." Kim...whatever...you're the best....

catlady1945
04-03-2005, 10:14 PM
I enjoy seeing photos of the cats and reading about their activities. I am sorry if people feel that their threads are not getting enough attention.

shais_mom
04-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Well I am another of the ones in the 'clueless' category. I saw you're threads about Redford and Baxter and didn't reply. But it wasn't in anyway b/c I don't support you. I was secretly smiling that you were giving it a go again. I am one of those whose posts have views but don't have a lot of replies sometimes and I just try to look at the views now.
Sorry you were so hurt Kim and I hope you are feeling better now.

{{hugs to you and all the furries}}

Laura's Babies
04-03-2005, 11:27 PM
This seems to me to be one HECK of a outpouring of love for one very special lady and I bet the prayers that have went up over this has really sidetracked the Pope's Welcoming party in Heaven.

I am glad you seem to be feeling better and if you ever need to feel good on a "down day", come look at all the love poured out here for you.

Corinna
04-04-2005, 12:05 AM
I have to admit this horriable fact until I started reading about all your rescues I had been a dog only person. Now having learned that it wasn't me but the way cats are. I am enjoying these nuts that live in my home. So you and the other rescuers have made my (sons) cats happy I know understand them(as much as you can with cats).
I some times feel I get policed too. Usually by some new or tactless youngsters, (not those of you who are regulars and contribute great things) , and those who have a destructive agenda. I usually write to Slick and she makes me feel better. I couldn't live with out all the family we have here.

Poo
04-04-2005, 03:16 AM
I can only echo what many people have already said. Keep up the good work Kim, we luv ya :D

Nicki x

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-04-2005, 03:44 AM
Dearest Kim!!

You must have started this thread when I had already closed down the pc yesterday: we are on GMT+1 - time here, so when you get ready for supper, I am already dreaming about cats and dogs;) :) !
Sweetheart, who-ever bothered you here, please forget about them. You are truly loved here, and I love you VERY much!! You are one of the sweetest persons here on PT!! Without you, it just wouldn't be the same anymore...:( !
You are doing such a great job for abandoned cats, you have such a great heart!!
I don't blame you at all for being a bit over-sensitive at all. Being sick, I have those moments too. I know, cause my kids always tell me then "Mom, you are making a elephant from a mosquito!!".:D

Dear Kimmie (oops, that's how I call you in my thoughts ;) :) ), keep doing what you are doing, don't change a thing; we love ye just the way you are!!!!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20526%20vogeltjes_op_tak.gif

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-04-2005, 04:38 AM
Kim, I just wanted to say that I think you are WONDERFUL!!!! I am totally in awe of people like you, Jen, K&L, QSL etc etc for the HUGE numbers of rescues you do!!

You have always chosen to do what is right for your cats, your family, and Yourself (And it seems like YOURSELF is always FAR down the list after everyone else!!!!).

No-one else has walked in your shoes, and no-one knows your situation better then YOU.

There are a few people I highly respect here on PT - both for their rescue work and their purrsonality - and YOU are one of them. I would always trust any decision you made regading a cat, as I know it would be the best and most caring decision, and what was RIGHT for everyone involved.

PLEASE don't let negative comments get you down.

I also haven't been replying much lately - I really don't have a lot of time at the moment, but I DO look at almost every thread. I think lots of us are really busy at the moment, but I will try to make more time to post replies, as I don't want any of my friends here to be hurt or upset!

(((HUGS))))

Ally and Connor send BIG KITTEN KISSES :D

catmandu
04-04-2005, 08:46 AM
The Found Cats,and I MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOW For YOU,KIM,OUR FRIEND,AND HERO!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos822.jpg

kimlovescats
04-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
The Found Cats,and I MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOW For YOU,KIM,OUR FRIEND,AND HERO!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos822.jpg

What else could a girl ask for!!!?:D

catlover4ever
04-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Kim I think you are truly the best....for everything that you do. In my book it takes a real angel of heaven to do all the things that you do. I hope I'm not someone who you feel is judging you....to be honest I barely have anytime lately to be posting.

Keep your chin up and know that you are admired here on PT...at least in my book!!!!! :) :) :)