PDA

View Full Version : Should I Change Food?

DogLover9501
04-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Emma has been vomiting a few times a week for a while, I think I mentioned it in another thread a while ago about food/sensitive tummies.

It's not hairballs this time, it's always food. At first I thought that maybe she would just eat too much.

Could this be a sensitive tummy? Should I try a different food?

Also, if so, do I switch all at once or should I do it slowly?

Thanks.

catcrazylady
04-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Is it the same food you have always given her? Did she just start reacting? I know cats can develop sensitive tummies and it might be a good thing to try and switch her food to see if that is the problem. I know we get tummy bugs around here sometimes where they throw up all their food for a couple of days and then it seems to pass.
If you decide to change her food do it slowly. Start by mixing it with her old and gradually increase the new food if you don't see any problems. Make sure you keep an eye on the litter box as well as watching for vomiting. Sometimes new food can cause constipation as well as very loose stools. It won't hurt to try switching the food to see if thats the problem, just keep an eye out for problems. Which we all know you will! You're such a good meowmie!:D

moosmom
04-03-2005, 11:24 AM
CCL is right. If you're going to switch food, you need to do it gradually.

When she does vomit, is it whole food??? If it is, it may be because she's eating too much too fast.