PDA

View Full Version : Lola is sick :(

bckrazy
04-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Last weekend, Lola started to get some discharge in her eyes and then started sneezing. My mom called the vet, and (suprise!) it's Feline Upper Repsiratory Infection. She said 90% of cats get it in the shelter... and Lola was in a cat colony, so that makes her even more susceptible. They thought it might run its course within a few days, but it's still bad. She went to the vet today and did really well, the vet and the techs loved her, and she kissed a Chihuahua puppy. I cleaned out her eyes earlier, and they're already yucky again :( poor baby.. she's on antibiotics and eye ointment, she swallows the pills (with a pill gun) and sits still for the ointment happily :) (as long as she gets a temptation treat afterwards) She's the coolest little girl ^__^

We would really appreciate good thoughts for Lola, so she can get over this quickly! Her breathing is fine and she still has a good appetite, and she's still very playful and energetic.

kaoK'okung
04-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Zip and Shy are sending lots of meows, purrrs, and kitty heads butts Lola's way...i hope they help....:) :) :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/broncoface/DSCI0010.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/broncoface/DSCI0026.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
04-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Poor Lola:( , I'm so sorry to hear that she's sick.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I hope she feels better soon.

catmandu
04-03-2005, 09:25 AM
All the Found Cats,and I are praying,for Lovely Lola,that she is better soon,and that she will,be the Healthy Cat,that the Lord intended!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos893.jpg

catnapper
04-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Aww, poor little girl. URIs can be nasty. I hate to sit there and see them struggling to breathe through all that congestion. When she gets REALLY bad congestion, take her in the bathroom with you when you take a shower - the steam will really help her a lot. I hope she gets better soon.

kimlovescats
04-03-2005, 10:12 PM
I know how hard it is to see them suffer with the URI, but you will be comforted to know, that most kitties pull through with no permanent effects. As longs as she keeps eating / drinking some then she should be fine. You can even use baby nosedrops (Little Noses brand) to help with her stuffiness ... and even put a small dab of Vicks vaporub on her nose. Hang in there!

;) Kim

DogLover9501
04-03-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Lola isn't feeling well :( Emma was also in a room full of cats at the shelter, so I guess she's lucky that she's never had a URI.

Lola seems like she is being a very good girl with the pills and ointment, some kitties will do anything for temptations ;) :D

I'll be thinking about her!

catcrazylady
04-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Prayers that Lola is feeling all better soon. She must be a wonderful kitty to be so good while you medicate her. Especially the eye ointment! She sounds like a real sweetheart.:)

rkidsrcats
04-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Get better Lola!!!
Eating and being energetic are all good signs. Takes a while for the meds to kick in. Lots of lovin' helps too.
Tiger gets URI's a lot. He has immune system problems that he was born with. He especially likes to have warmy blankets from the dryer when he's not feeling good. Maybe a warm blanket would feel good...eh Lola?

Karen
04-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Poor Lola! Miss Hoppy had what was probably a respiratory infection earlier this winter, and it was so pathetic watching her sneeze. It's not like I could hold a tissue to her nose and say "Okay, now blow!" like you could with a small child. I hope Lola gets better in a jiffy, and can get back to being her spunky self!

Laura's Babies
04-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Lola, get well soon! My gang sends you purrs and scritches in hopes that it will make you feel better!