PDA

View Full Version : Do you carry a photo of your pet with you?

aly
08-12-2001, 03:01 PM
I carry photos everywhere. In my wallet, I have a small pic of Dessi. In my purse, I have a few assorted pics of Reece, Lolly, Shiloh, Julius, and Goldilocks (shelter dog who was put to sleep). In my car, I have about 2 or 3 rolls worth of photos in case I ever need to show them off to people :)

I gave my friend a ride home one time and she noticed all my pics were of my animals. She made a comment about how weird I was. I let it slide because I felt bad for her because she doesn't know the true love and happiness animals bring! (She has a cat but no pics of him :( And she declawed he because "he was bad when he was little". I'm sure he wasn't bad. I'm sure he was just being a kitten :( ).

Pam
08-12-2001, 03:35 PM
Yes I have pictures of my pets in my wallet and also on my desk at work. One of my co-workers has two cocker spaniels and she has little magnets holding their pictures onto the file cabinet. Most everyone at work has pets but we are the only two who display them in our work areas.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-12-2001, 08:31 PM
Oh Yes, I have photos in my wallet. In fact I put the picture over my drivers license so the poor people at the cash register have to look at my dogs first and discuss them before I pull out my drivers license for identification. I know, I know, it's not fair, but then I get to brag about them. :D :D :D :D

zippy-kat
08-12-2001, 09:45 PM
I have one of my first kitty Tom. I would carry more, but I just hate to cut pictures. Yeah, I'm a weirdo...I know! lol I just think that the background can add so much to the character of the pic and personality of the animal. I esp. hate to cut pics of my Rainbow Bridge Babies b/c when I look at a pic of them, I want to remember absolutely everything possible: time, date, location, etc etc etc.

But to compensate for this, all my framed pics are of my furbabies (living and deceased). My photos of the non-furry family are stuck in a drawer! lol

Daisy's Mom
08-13-2001, 01:55 AM
zippy-kat I am the same way! Cutting pictures feels so wrong to me :)

I do, however, have a picture of Daisy with me all the time. During the school year, my bag is filled with them. I whip them out for good luck during tests, or good conversation starters, or my personal favorite, just to brag and show her off to everyone no matter how many times they have seen her :) Also, whenever I go on vacation, I take some of my favorite pictures and hang them of the refrigerator so that every time I go to open it (which is quite frequently!) I can see my baby :)

[ August 13, 2001: Message edited by: Daisy's Mom ]

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-13-2001, 08:24 AM
I carry a pic of all the dogs in my purse, and one of me with my departed cocker spaniel, Freckles.
At work , I have two pictures up of each dog, but only one of my husband! Hehe, what does that say? LOL!

08-13-2001, 10:43 AM
Well, I gotta say, I loved this poll. I have a badge that I wear for work and I keep it in a little plastic covering. Well, I took the pic of all 3 girls together (posted under another topic) and cut it (yes I cut it but there wasn't anything important being cut) and put that in with my badge. So, I have their pics on me wherever I go while at work. I also have 3 pics of Sasha, 3 pics of Lexi and only one of Maddie (so far) on my desk at work. I bought a cute little fancy lable maker for my files and decided to get crazy and labeled their pics with their names too! That way, anybody who looks at my pics will know their names! I also have a pic in my wallet. And, I also took that same pic of the three girls and made it my desktop pic on my computer at work! So, even though we are apart during the day, they are always with me :D! And yes, people think I'm nuts, but that is because they are not like all of us!

catwoman
08-13-2001, 01:30 PM
I don't carry wallet photos, but I have a framed photo of my cats on my desk at work. People often comment on what a cute photo it is!

Catwoman

thelmalu99
08-13-2001, 04:48 PM
I still don't have nice photos of my new kitties, but I have the pictures from the shelter's website in my bag.
I still have Charlie by my desk at work and he will stay there even when I put pics of Elvis and Danny up.
My favorite picture of Charlie and Yertle, in which they are "kissing" is in my living room on top of the TV. This way I can still look at my Charlie every day. :)

4 feline house
08-14-2001, 01:52 PM
I know how you feel, Thelma. Zebo has been at the rainbow bridge for 5 years, and Toot disappered a month later, but I still have pictures of them on my fridge.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-16-2001, 12:26 PM
I have a picture of my baby in my wallet! I don't carry my wallet with me most of the time! When I go to school, I have a picture of my baby in my bag, too! :p I think everyone should carry a picture of their pets with them! :rolleyes:

karen israel
08-17-2001, 03:54 PM
I have so many photos of Cody/Cody and me in frames on my desk at work, I hardly have room to work! Luckily over 90% of the people in my office have pets. We are even allowed to use time off for our pets with no comments or problems and admit we're doing it! My clients ask how Cody is before they ask about ME! None in my wallet. I refused to cut them too :D

TheAntiPam
08-17-2001, 05:03 PM
Wow, Karen I., you are sure lucky to have such an understanding workplace. I had to bully my way to taking time for vet visits for a very sick cat. I finally just told them that these were my children, and everyone else got time off for kids. They looked at me strange, but gave in.

Then, I adopted a 2 week old kitten found at work, and brought it every day for care and feeding. I'm SURE they didn't like that, but since the kitten was found in their warehouse, they couldn't complain too much.

I don't mind sticking up for my pets, I just wish so many people weren't so dense about why animals deserve good care and love.

Daisy's Mom
08-17-2001, 09:13 PM
I wish some people weren't so dense about animals, either. But you have to feel bad for them... they are missing out on one of the best aspects of life, in my mind!

MHMama
08-18-2001, 07:38 PM
I have photos of Ricky & Lucy in my wallet and my husband,Danny has pictures of Ricky as well. I work in a large office and have a cubicle. I have pictures of Ricky all over the cubicle and every week I change the ones on the outside of my cubicle. Many of my coworkers come by to see the pics to help relieve their stress at work. They say it works which is good. I once even snuck him in to the office in my purse but that is another story.

Eudora
08-19-2001, 04:55 AM
Hi Daisy's Mom, I hate cutting pictures too! In any case, Sugar was a dachschund so if I cut a picture of her I would probably cut off her tail and part of her body!!! so what I did was that the vet I go to has a 'Neoprint'-photo sticker- machine so my vet let me use it to take some photo stickers with Sugar.
And a tip to people who hate cutting photos- polaroids are great! So are those Joycam ones- the photos come out in stickers and you can paste them all over the place. I have about 5 Polaroids with the white bits cut off of Daisy in my wallet and lots of 'Neoprints' and Joycam pics all over my room! :D

4 feline house
08-19-2001, 11:14 AM
I'm curious - does your vet use the Neoprint to keep a picture of each pet in their chart?

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-21-2001, 10:28 AM
I carry a family portrait with me where ever I go. It is in my wallet at all times. I brag about having two wonderful and handsome boys in my family: Andrew (my boyfriend) and Drake!