PDA

View Full Version : I'm sad and I need to vent

moosmom
04-02-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm really down in the dumps.

I'm sad :( because the Pope passed away. The Cardinals will have some BIG sneakers to fill (Pope John Paul II wore sneakers under his robes). I feel like I've lost a family member. :(

Then tonight I get a call from my landlord. He came over to talk to the "HO" in the back apartment. He said when he opened the door to the back hallway, the smell of cat litter hit him smack dab in the face. I explained to him that I had Mattie Grace and her babies in the back room. He said, "Oh Donna, you've gotta quit doing that!!!" I said, "Zeph, please listen to me!!" I told him that I had just changed the litterbox. I assured him that it was a temporary thing, that as soon as the babies were weaned, I'll be finding homes for all of them, and if it weren't for me, those babies would be dead!! He said that he really doesn't care, but he just thought he'd mention the it.

MY cat's boxes are in the middle room, which really shouldn't have any impact on the odor.

I think it's because the room is closed off and the only place for the odor to go is in the back hall. I'm going to try and change her litter to Feline Pine. Right now she has clay litter in her box. My friend Kathy said, "Well, I wouldn't worry about it. He's got a drug dealing HO in his back apartment that has guys going in and out of the place at all hours of the night. The catbox odor is the LEAST of his problems!!!"

While I kinda think she's right, it still doesn't make me feel any better! :(

I'm going to bed!! :(

catnapper
04-02-2005, 08:43 PM
{{{HUGS}}} you try to do the right things and help the cats, and get in trouble. It'll get better

kt_luvs_kitties
04-02-2005, 08:48 PM
I am so sorry:( I am also very sad about the Popes passing. God rest his soul.
About the kitty odor, Well I love cats, so, it would not bother me. Maybe you could try an air odor eliminater, like febreze or oust. I love oust, it really works!
Like your friend said, that should be the least of his problems. Hang in their sweetie, things will get better;) *HUGS* Katie

chocolatepuppy
04-02-2005, 08:50 PM
moosmom, I'm sorry you're feeling down, I'm feeling pretty down about the pope also. :(

The catbox odor is the LEAST of his problems!!!"

As for your landlord, does he want catbox problems with you or 'cathouse' problems with your neighbor? ;)

Corinna
04-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Cpuppy you make me laugh I hope it did moosmom too.:D :D

christa
04-02-2005, 11:12 PM
If you're allowed to have pets in your rental, then I don't see what his problem is.

We paid a non-refundable pet deposit and have to pay an extra 25 a month to have pets.

I wouldn't worry about him. :rolleyes:

Oggyflute
04-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Things will get better mate. It's just a dip in the rolling hills of life.:)

koxka
04-03-2005, 04:42 AM
Sorry to hear you are down Donna:(

Isn't a window where you kept Mattie Grace and the kittens? If not maybe you could try an electrical air purifier.Is what I did this this winter wich has being excepcionaly cold and you couldn't get the windows open more than ten minutes without freezing.Hope that helps! :)

davidpizzica
04-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Donna, BIG {{{{HUGS}}}}! Even though I'm Lutheran, I too feel sadness at the passing of Pope John Paul II. He was a great head of the Catholic Church and a great humanitarian. As far as your landlord goes, I think he has enough problems with the HO, without worrying about your litterbox odors. I love you,

moosmom
04-03-2005, 11:30 AM
CPuppy,

As for your landlord, does he want catbox problems with you or 'cathouse' problems with your neighbor?

You DID make me laugh. I'm at work today and it's busy (looks like people decided to ride on the Pope's coattails up to the pearly gates), so I really don't have time to think about my "dumpiness". I did have a dream about my parents last night which depressed me even further. But, I'll get over it. Like Oggyflute said, it's just another dip in the rolling hills of life!

Thanks everyone!! You guys rock!! :D

petslover
04-03-2005, 11:38 AM
I hope everything gets better for you.

cookieluver7
04-03-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm sorry that nothing is going very well for you. I'm sad about the pope passing away too, he was such a wonderful man.:(

I hope everything works out with your landlord and that soon everything will be better for you.

{{{{{*HUGS*}}}}}

Abby

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-03-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm so sorry Donna! I am also down in the dumps about the pope...gosh, I cry, yet we should be rejoicing he's now in his Heavenly home!:) I hope things get better soon!:( ((HUGS))

moosmom
04-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Buddy Blaze Lover,

I was watching "60 Minutes" tonight and I had to turn it off because they had the Pope on and I started to cry. I haven't been this down in the dumps in a while. Don't know why, but hopefully it'll pass.

My landlord IS right. When I got home from work tonight, even I smelled the cat boxes going up my front stairs. First thing tomorrow, it's time to change the boxes. :rolleyes:

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I know, just watching the news makes me cry...seeing all the wonderful things Pope John Paul has accomplished!:(:(:( and now he's gone...