PDA

View Full Version : Dog Photo Contest - Theme Obsession

ParNone
04-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi y'all!!

We're having another picture contest at Nothin' Butt Dogs (http://www.nothinbuttdogs.com).

Theme this month is Obsession. Win a T-shirt or Bumper Sticker, if your picture best captures your dog's obsession with a Toy, Treat, You, or whatever it may be.

We're taking submissions from Apr 1st-Apr 15th and voting is from Apr 18th-Apr 29th. You can find all the details at Nothin' Butt Dogs Picture Contest (http://www.nothinbuttdogs.com/piccontest.htm).

Pass the word around and get out those cameras and capture your dog's biggest obsession.

Les...

Lexi_Lover
04-02-2005, 03:53 PM
I sent mine in, it sounds good. I don't know if it said connection failed or connection sent. So, if you could let me knwo when you receive it, that would be great! :D

~Paula:)

Kfamr
04-02-2005, 06:13 PM
OMG, this contest is absolutely perfect for Kiara.
Ask anyone who's met her - her largest obsession is BALLS!!!

cali
04-02-2005, 09:36 PM
lol I have border collies the hardest part for me will be choosing the best seeing as how nearly every last(out of hundreds) pic I have of Happy shows her obbessions lol

bckrazy
04-02-2005, 11:23 PM
LOL Par, thats a really good idea for a contest! I would've said tennis balls before... but Gonzo's new obsession is the kitty... I just need a good picture of him watching her ^__^ he must keep an eye on the cat at all times.

ParNone
04-03-2005, 11:05 AM
hi Paula, I did get your picture and already have it up on the submission page. too cute! Love those Jacks!

Kfamr, Cali and Bckrazy, I can't wait to see what pics you guys come up with it. Know they'll be great!

Les...

Lexi_Lover
04-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by ParNone
hi Paula, I did get your picture and already have it up on the submission page. too cute! Love those Jacks!

Kfamr, Cali and Bckrazy, I can't wait to see what pics you guys come up with it. Know they'll be great!

Les...

Thanks! She loves that toy! :p

dukedogsmom
04-03-2005, 01:37 PM
I told Kay that Duke's obsession was Simba :p

wolfsoul
04-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Les, did you get Timber's entry? :)

Dixieland Dancer
04-03-2005, 04:23 PM
I'll have to send you Dusty with his Frisbee. He carries it everywhere!! :D

Suki Wingy
04-03-2005, 05:59 PM
too bad for me, Niño has no obsessions. Maybe slim jims, but it's not really an obsession.

ParNone
04-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi Jordan/Candy! Timber and Dusty are up on the submission page now.

Hey dukedogsmom! That sounds like the perfect qualification for submission to me. :)

Les...

Kfamr
04-09-2005, 07:12 PM
I got some really cute pictures of Ki and all of her balls.
I'm a little hesitant to submit one, plus I have difficulty choosing a photo to enter. So, hopefully i'll have it in before the deadline.

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-09-2005, 07:54 PM
I have one of Tango that I'm going to enter either tonight or sometime tomorrow:)

ParNone
04-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Hey there Kfamr!

I hope you enter. I don't think I've seen a bad picture of Kiara with her ball. Her love of it definitely comes through.

Hi Orangutango!

I'll be on the look out for Tango's. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Les...

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-09-2005, 09:50 PM
I just sent mine:)

cloverfdx
04-09-2005, 10:36 PM
lol I have border collies the hardest part for me will be choosing the best seeing as how nearly every last(out of hundreds) pic I have of Happy shows her obbessions lol

Ditto!

I will definitely have to enter, Elvis is a very obsessive Border Collie.

:D

Kfamr
04-10-2005, 11:01 AM
I just sent mine in, Les. :)

cali
04-10-2005, 11:26 AM
I have mine narrowed down to 3, and I posted a poll on another board to help me choose which of the 3 I should enter lol

Suki Wingy
04-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Ok, so, we were at the forest preserve and I realised that Niño actually has a pretty big obsession over WOOD! I have a picture I'll send in, though it might not be the best.:)
EDIT: I just sent mine in:)

cali
04-10-2005, 09:34 PM
I sent my entry in today :D

ParNone
04-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi y'all!!

Just to let y'all know, I got everybody's entries, that recently posted on the thread that they had sent them. I spent all day yesterday at Astroworld with my lil' nephews and was too pooped last night when I got home to update the submission page. I'll be adding everybody's entries to the page today though.

Les....

sandragonfly
04-11-2005, 03:10 PM
hey, an extra work from me! *hint hint* :D

got it okay?

ParNone
04-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi Gina!

Yep, got yours and the page is now up-to-date with all the entries I've received.

Les...

Kfamr
04-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks Les! :)

sandragonfly
04-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi Gina!

Yep, got yours and the page is now up-to-date with all the entries I've received.

Les...

great! thanks! looking forward to win or cheer :D
good luck everyone!!!

GoldenRetrieverLover_01
04-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Gina's Arc. Inc.- I tried to pm you, but your inbox is full. Get rid of some messages!!:D LOL!

sandragonfly
04-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrieverLover_01
Get rid of some messages!!:D

goldly yes I did :D I was surprised it got full, sorry!

les, did you ever get my email? I know you don't have time everyday but the server has been acting weird lately...just checking! :)

edit: nevermind :eek: my bad... :confused:

ParNone
04-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Hi y'all!

Just thought I'd remind everybody that today's the last day for entries. Kari, I got yours. Too Cute!

Hi Gina!

Sorry about that. I made the change for you, while I was uploading a whole slew of new pictures and just didn't even think about emaling you back that I'd changed it.

Les...

cyber-sibes
04-15-2005, 05:23 PM
This is going to be a really cute contest - can't wait to see all those obsessed pups!

finn's mom
04-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi y'all!

Just thought I'd remind everybody that today's the last day for entries. Kari, I got yours. Too Cute!

Les...

Thank you! Was it an okay size? I just saw the site and contest, or I'd have entered sooner! :) I already know who I'm voting for!

ParNone
04-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Oh yeh you're fine on size, Kari. No worries.

hi cyber-sibes! Yeh there has been a lot of really cute entries. I've enjoyed the photos from this one, just as much as the butt contest.

Les...

sandragonfly
04-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
I already know who I'm voting for!
who! who? who! :D "no.." I know.. :)

les, will you vote too? and what was march's theme? butt? and who won? - can't find anything on your site.

ParNone
04-18-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi everybody!

Just thought I'd let y'all know that the voting has begun. Cast your votes Here (http://www.nothinbuttdogs.com/voting2.htm). Voting closes Apr 29th at 10:00pm Central Time.

Hi Gina!

Nope. No voting or judging for me. I know too many of the dogs to be truly objective I think. There wasn't a contest in March. We had one in Feb for Cutest Butt. Since I'm planning on running these monthly, I've got on my to-do-list to make an archive of contests so people can see the cute pictures and winners from past months.

Good Luck y'all!!!
Les...

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
who! who? who! :D "no.." I know.. :)

les, will you vote too? and what was march's theme? butt? and who won? - can't find anything on your site.

I voted for dusty! ;) I can't ever bring myself to vote for my own, it's just a thing of mine. :) I love that photo of Dusty, though! It's so serene.

PJ's Mom
04-18-2005, 10:06 AM
I voted. :0 it took forever to make up my mind. ;)

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
I voted. :0 it took forever to make up my mind. ;)

I know, there are a lot of really cute ones! I think I was the only one to vote for Dusty, but, there's just something about the snow and his fur, I don't know! Just really pretty. I'm so tempted to vote for him several times, and, I know it's not against the rules, but, that always just seems weird to do! :p

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
I just noticed that Dusty got another vote! Go Dusty! (Maybe it's partly because that is my RB cat's name!)

PJ's Mom
04-18-2005, 10:35 AM
I think I'd rather vote for dogs I don't know. I always feel bad for the dogs I don't vote for and it's worse if you know them. ;)

Kfamr
04-18-2005, 12:28 PM
I've been taking "turns" on who I vote for. Looks like someone's helping my lil girl. :D

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I've been taking "turns" on who I vote for. Looks like someone's helping my lil girl. :D

Someone's helping Happy, too! :)

Kfamr
04-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Kiara had me vote for Crayola because Ki says she likes her colorful tennis balls. ;)

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Crayola was one of my top favorites! Kiara, Tommy, Dusty, and, of course, Finn, are my faves!

sandragonfly
04-18-2005, 03:12 PM
:eek: alotsa more pictures since I applied :) thanks gals, *barks* crayola!

erh, I voted once for three (charm number) :) of best obsessions then came to a result page and saw Kiara and Happy, their SO much votes in A day?! wow (or did it started yesterday?) -- then I voted for third time and transferred to the result page again, Kiara's counts went from 232 to 278 and Happy's went from 172 to 215 just in a minute... :confused: well, have fun barking at each other! :D

sandragonfly
04-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
I think I'd rather vote for dogs I don't know. I always feel bad for the dogs I don't vote for and it's worse if you know them. ;)
perfectly well-commented! :) I'm still working on my mind how to say exactly in exact words I want. I'm SO bad at it!

hey you obsession dogs, great captions, pictures you all! I don't think one is better than the another at all - lovely! :)

K9soul
04-18-2005, 03:21 PM
LOL, I guess the Obsession contest (at least the voting part) will go to the most obsessive voter :D. It's gonna be a long 10 days for a few people :eek:

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
LOL, I guess the Obsession contest (at least the voting part) will go to the most obsessive voter :D. It's gonna be a long 10 days for a few people :eek:

Good grief, you're not kidding! It's funny! Ah, well, the photos are still fun to take a peek at.

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 03:28 PM
:eek: alotsa more pictures since I applied :) thanks gals, *barks* crayola!

Crayola is your dog? That's a wonderful photograph!

sandragonfly
04-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Crayola is your dog? That's a wonderful photograph!
ywah tis is meeh! gnarrks! :D

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 03:32 PM

ywah tis is meeh! gnarrks! :D

You're welcome? ;)

Kfamr
04-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Holy ****! I've been working in the yard and loading pictures practically all day. I wonder who's helping ym little girl????

*Edit* Everytime I try to vote it gives me this:
"Sorry, someone just vote in last one minute. Please wait and try again!"

I tried voting for Finn a few more times and then for Tommy a few more times but that's all I got?

bckrazy
04-18-2005, 03:34 PM
:eek: wow... maybe everyone should try to vote just a *few* times a day? my gawd. . LOL

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy
:eek: wow... maybe everyone should try to vote just a *few* times a day? my gawd. . LOL

Yeah, that's a bit much. **giggling**

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Oh, my gosh, and, this can go on until the 29th? I wonder how you even go to the bathroom when you're clicking away like that? :D

wolfsoul
04-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Everyone's pictures are great! :)

I'm glad to see that Timber doesn't have tons of votes -- we are going for the T-shirt! :) Would love a catahoula one. I would hate for her to be excluded from the contests until next year anyways.

Kfamr
04-18-2005, 04:14 PM
It's still not letting me vote?? :confused:
I voted for Finn once again and then for Tommy and now i'm getting to same message. I guess those people clicking away are causing others to wait to vote. :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Everytime I try to vote it gives me this:
"Sorry, someone just voted in the last one minute. Please wait and try again!"

That's what I've been getting too.

MariaM
04-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Lol I voted a couple times for Finn. It's fun to watch, anyway!

I had some good pictures of Major, I was going to pick one to enter. However, I had deleted them off my camera without loading them on to this computer. (accidentaly) I thought I had completely deleted them, but on the 16th, I realized I loaded them onto the computer downstairs, with no internet. :rolleyes:

RobiLee
04-18-2005, 05:05 PM
All the pictures are so cute. I love them all. I did some voting this morning but have not been able to vote this evening.

Love all the puppers!!!

Robin :)

ParNone
04-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi y'all!

Just to clarify a lil'. There's a one minute delay in voting, so the software can process the votes. So that should slow you guys down just a tad. :)

And on the different sections. For this contest, since it's the first time we've done it this way, everybody is eligible to win the popular vote and the judged affair. So theoritically speaking, somebody could win both sections, this time. The winner of the popular vote though, will not be eligible again for that section, until Jan 2006. They will however, still be eligible for all future Judged Affairs.

The popular vote is strictly for fun. I want to give everybody a chance to win, if not now, maybe in the future, by not letting the same people win over and over again. The Judged Affair is hopefully going to be the Best Picture that captures the Theme the best. I picked 2 cat people and 1 photography person, with hopes that they're going to be as objective as possible.

So to sum up, the only eligibility restriction is on the popular vote for future contests.

Hope that clears it up.
Les...

cali
04-18-2005, 05:37 PM
lol good lordy I went to school with 30 votes and came back to over 500 lol I was only gone for 2 hours! :eek:

cloverfdx
04-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Go Kiki and Happy :D. My poor lil aussie boy is not doing so great :(.

anna_66
04-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Just now looking at these pictures and I think they are all fab! Got get over there and get to voting;)

ParNone
05-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Congrats to Kiara and Tommy! Their winning pictures can be viewed Here. (http://www.nothinbuttdogs.com/contestWinApr.htm)

Les...

wolfsoul
05-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Congrats! Which bumper sticker and T-shirt are you guys going to pick?

finn's mom
05-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Congrats to both of you!

cyber-sibes
05-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Congratulations Kiara & Tommy - keep those balls and logs rollin'!

P.S. The cyber-sibes say thanks to everyone who voted for them-
Star, Sherman, and the Cloud Prince :D

sandragonfly
05-02-2005, 07:27 PM
TOMGRALUATIONS & KIARALUTATIONS!

:) :)

Bigyummydog
05-02-2005, 07:32 PM
yeah! ! ! KIARA and TOMMY :D :D :D

Kfamr
05-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

I chose the "Nothin' Butt Mutts" sticker. :)
It was hard to chose between the rescues and mutts.

luvofallhorses
05-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Congrats Kiara and Kay :D