PDA

View Full Version : Do you Give your Dog Christmas Gifts??

Rottieluver45
07-27-2001, 10:47 PM
I was just wondering how many people Give Christmas gifts to Thier dog?? The Christmas
Before last PJ Got "skeeky Cow" We wrapped it and then we Squeeked it from inside And he goes nuts just ripping the paper off (i think he likes the Paper More :) )

AdoreMyDogs
07-27-2001, 10:56 PM
I always get all the pets a little something. I buy my moms cats a tub of catnip for Christmas and maybe a few sparkle balls, Cassie always gets several fun and tasty things and a new coat or sweater, and I also get Graham a bunch of toys, treats, maybe a new collar or leash, a sweater, dishes, booties, or whatever else I feel like buying. And yes I wrap everything. Graham won't unwrap his own presents, so I unwrap them for him :)

Daisy's Mom
07-28-2001, 01:00 AM
Of course Daisy gets presents! She is part of the family, after all! This year Mom and I took Daisy to Petco and bought everything she sniffed. We ended up paying over fifty dollars! Which is more than I spent on either of my sisters! Hehe. We bought her treats, toys, and even boots, since her sensitive little houndy feetsies got cold too eaisily. She hated them though, and refused to walk with them on. Ungrateful little brat! ;) But she loved everything else, and I think I liked giving her her presents more than opening my own!

4 feline house
07-28-2001, 01:46 AM
Boots!! I would have loved to have seen that!! Too bad she didn't like them. :(

Eudora
07-28-2001, 09:26 AM
Little boots?! In s'pore you are hard-pressed to even find a pet store let alone all these things... I'm sorry. I always gripe about S'pore... you are just so lucky to be in America... :(

jackiesdaisy1935
07-28-2001, 09:53 AM
Yes, all the Schnauzers in our family get Christmas presents, our two, our daughter-in-laws two and our daughters two. Most every year I find those plush toys in a catalog that play "Jingle Bells" and we get those and we get a lot of other things, snacks, food bowls, of course they are all wrapped in Christmas paper. This year we are going to get Perry a new crate, a bigger one because he looks a little cramped in the one he has now. We also fill stockings for them and hang them on the fireplace. We always send a donation to "Best Friends" in Utah for the homeless pups there to maybe help make their Christmas a little brighter.
Jackie

4 feline house
07-28-2001, 10:59 AM
Eudora - Yes, we Americans are pretty pampered, aren't we? I'm not griping, nor would I likely choose to emigrate, but there's lots of things NOT to love about America, too, but I won't go into them on a pet board.

ilovehounds
07-28-2001, 12:58 PM
My dogs and cat each have their own stocking and then they get wraped gifts. Everyone thinks Im crazy but hay I love them the same as my family and friends so why wouldn't they get gifts to. They give me so much more, they deserve to be spoiled.

Rottieluver45
07-28-2001, 06:26 PM
I didn`t know this many people gave thier pet christmas gifts!!

And daisy`s mom the boots would be so cute!!

One Christmas my mom got a swetter for PJ and he hates that thing, every time my mom put it on him, he got depressed so we didn`t put it on him any more!!

Daisy's Mom
07-28-2001, 11:34 PM
Oh the boots WERE cute! But when we put them on her, she just laid down in a snit. If we got a treat and sat across the room, she walked to us (can't say no to food!) lifting her paws up so high they would hit her stomach. We figured there was no way she could take a whole walk like that so they were shelved :) Maybe she will appreciate them when she's older.

I think it is great that you all buy your pets Christmas presents. Why not? They are a big part of our families!

3-greys-and-a-mutt
07-29-2001, 12:31 PM
I think we spent more on the dogs at Christmas than on ourselves (well, maybe I exaggerate a little)! The greyhounds got retired racing numbers to wear in parades, Pup got a special new collar; hey each got a new fleece toy and a new chewy bone toy; they got special treats from the pet store...
What's funny is that, since neither set of "grandparents" has any human grandkids yet, they spoil the dogs: between the two pairs of grandparents, the dogs got three boxes of treats each, chewy treats, and a new toy apiece!
Now if only they'd pay us back by posing for a Christmas card photo!

Mila's Mommy
08-09-2001, 11:18 AM
I love to give my pet's Christmas presents.
I especially like it when they get to see what the present is :)

I had a yellow lab who loved it so much, she would unwrap ALL of the Christmas gifts. :rolleyes:

Something else I like to do is buy fun "gag" gifts for all the members of my family. I wrap them up and write on the tags that they are from the pet. Everyone gets a real kick out of it! :D

Rottieluver45
08-09-2001, 11:23 AM
Mila`s mommy i do tht tag thing too!! :D :) :D :)

Snowy's Mommy
08-09-2001, 01:30 PM
Hi,

Everytime I go to PetSmart, Snowy gets a gift.......my Furry Child doesn't need an occasion to get a gift!!!
:D

cinnamon_19
08-09-2001, 02:25 PM
I always give christmas presents to my dog, and all of my pets! Breezy usually gets more than everyone else, because everyone likes to get her a little something! She especially loves rawhide bones. Once she gets one, she runs off into the bedroom to chew, until we yell, "Breezy! Presents!" Then she comes dashing into the room, and looks like she has a grin on her face! :) Rottie, Breezy would get along well with your dog, she loves the paper, too!!! :) ;) :D :rolleyes: :p

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: cinnamon_19 ]

delidog
08-09-2001, 05:29 PM
of course all my animals have a stocking...and get presents...never mind the sunday trips to pet smart...there is one only 8 miles from me....but what i love most is my pet tree...all my decorations are animals...dogs,cats,fish,etc.....ceramic,glass,cry stal,etc...."the pet tree" is the best...all enjoy!!!! THE DELI DOG :)

*LabLoverKEB*
08-09-2001, 08:51 PM
Every year for Christmas, I go to Petco with my mom or dad, and get a few things for Sadie. We usually get her a bone, a new toy, maybe a leash, some treats, and some other stuff! I usually don't spend tooo much money, though!