PDA

View Full Version : Was your pet named for something?

Josh4Colts
04-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Read the subject.

Aspen and Misty
04-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Yes,

Nova (my dog) is named for her yellow fur and the yellow stars (Nova means star)

Jaxom is named after a charector in my favorite book, The White Dragon by Anne McCaffrey.

The rest of my pets just got names :D

Ashley

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Domino was named for an obvious reason...he's black and white!;) Blaze is Blaze because he's a blaze of energy, with the white blaze on his nose!:)

Harmanie
04-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Harmanie was named Harmanie because well shes reminds me of Harmony!:) She gives me Harmony...yup, thats why.

shutterbug0303
04-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Venus - Fit with our RB dobie, Zeus

Chloe - Just liked the name ;)

Sahara - after the desert...she's the same color...and it's the largest desert and she's a LARGE dog lol :D

Foster - Australian Beer....'keet originated in Australia

GraciesMommy
04-02-2005, 08:03 PM
I had Mercedes before (RB) and I knew I would never have the car but I could still say I have a mercedes..by naming her Mercedes..
And Gracie...now I can say I have had Mercy and Grace...

Oggyflute
04-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Oggy was a name we just liked, Flute was named after a character in a book by David Eddings.

EssTer
04-03-2005, 04:34 AM
Well, Nila was named that name cause it means blue in Sanscrit...and she is blue :)

Orca
04-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Satine was named after Satine the Sparkling Diamond from Moulin Rouge because he's white (yes, I know my betta is a boy, but I loved the name:))

Damon was named after Johnny Damon of the Boston Red Sox.

Blink was named that because he hatched premature, being born blind, then was able to 'blink' his eyes open :D

Gus was named after my aunt's cat that passed away because he looked just like him and the name seemed to fit.

jesse_3
04-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Jesse got her name because we had another dog named Jewel (she has now passed away) but we had Sammy and Soxs (he had to leave to another home) and Jewel was all alone with no other one to match hers!
Sammy was just a name we liked!!
Peek-a-Boo was named because of her personality--always wanting to hide!
Autumn was named because of her coloration!
Pepper was named because of his coloring too!

manda_moo87
04-04-2005, 02:36 AM
Misty- She has a mist-like appearence.

Squeekers- When she was found as a kitten she could only 'squeek'.

Maggie- Was named after a character in one of my favorite movies (Faithful).

Jack- Was named after the song 'Hit The Road Jack'

Dusty- Was named because his fur has a dusty look to it.

Autumn- Was named because the color of her fur is like the colors of autumn.

Dancer- She hops and spins, like she's dancing.

Who
04-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Dogs

Kadesh ~ Set Apart For A Purpose

Diiga(deega) ~ Guide
(Guide Dog-In-Training)

Cats

Mr. Cog ~ He was raised with dogs and used to act like them, and I was alittle short on names.

Ebony ~ Because he's black

sandragonfly
04-04-2005, 03:13 PM
from a loonngg time ago and here's more in there if you like. :)

more on names (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19520&highlight=zephyra+name)

and josh, I'd just suggest you search before you post a double thread and you can respond to it to *bump* it up- there are some :mad: :mad: people out there...not speaking of me :D

wolflady
04-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Marius - was a name in a book I was reading, and I liked the way it sounded

Sergei - is named after a hockey player (Sergei Federov)

Priya - an Indian word meaning "love" or "beloved"

Scooter - he just looked like a Scooter

Suki Wingy
04-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Clark- He was a "Super Dog"
Layla- It made me think of a pretty, tall, long-legged girl, standing in the hot summer sun, with a bit of dust on her legs from the summer's play.
This described her perfectly.;) I miss my Laylie-Lou!:(
Niño- The shelter said it was "Nino" but we knew his name was "little boy" and that was pronounced "Niño":)

chrissycat21
04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Snowy- It was kind of snowing the day we got her, and she is white. (well, when she's clean that is!)

Taffy- The first thing I thought of when I saw him was that his coloring was like taffy!

Buttons- a PTer thought of his name, lucky him or he would have been stuck with Boomerang! (Thanks to my dad!)

Sushi- Well, actually his name is Not Sushi, it's more of a joke since 4/5 people in our family are vegetarians. ;)

Suki Wingy
04-05-2005, 04:35 PM
aw, I like the name Boomerang!

Cincy'sMom
04-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Sadie was the name of Ralph's next door neighbor's dog growing up. He liked the name, and it certainly has fit our baby girl...the name means Princess, and boy is she!

Cincy was named for Cincinnati, where Ralph and I both went to college, and met.

Spot was named by his former family. What name could better fit a dalmatian?

wolfsoul
04-06-2005, 01:16 AM
Oliver is my only pet really named after anything. I named him after Oliver Twist. When I first brought him home, he was my smallest rat (now he's the biggest lol) and Tobias pretty much ruled the roost. Tobias would eat the food and Oliver would look at him with this look like "Please sir, can I have some more?" So I named him Oliver Twist. Oliver for short. Though his registered name will be Oliver Twist, once I get him registered.