PDA

View Full Version : Do you celebrate your pets birthday?

DogFan77
07-23-2001, 10:06 PM
Me and my family always celebrate Tiger's birthday by bringimg his friends and family over!(His dog family and friends) :D

Daisy's Mom
07-24-2001, 01:54 AM
Definitely! Every year Daisy has her own birthday party. Last year we invited six doggy friends and 7 of my friends came too. Daisy got lots of presents and all the dogs split a doggie cake made of hot dogs that I had scultped into the shape of a big dog's head... it didn't exactly look just like that though ;) We played games, took the dogs for a walk in the woods, and then the PEOPLE got their own cake :) Dog parties are a lot of fun!

Gio
07-24-2001, 05:00 AM
ALl of my pets were all either found in the street or rescued by the SPCA, so their birthday is a very rough guess.

Prema though came to stay with us on December 24 (I call her my very special Xmas present...) so I sort of celebrate that.

joycenalex
07-24-2001, 06:32 AM
since alex was found by a kind stranger as a puppy, my vet estimated his age and we celebrate that with a special meal. the REAL party though is THE GOTCHA DAY. that is the day we got each other for forever. :D

zippy-kat
07-24-2001, 11:25 AM
Sophie Bunny hasn't had her first bday yet--but it's quickly approaching!! August 31st!

DogFan77
07-24-2001, 11:29 AM
I like bunnies....there sooo cute!

AdoreMyDogs
07-24-2001, 12:40 PM
I have never had a dog who's birthday I knew. All have been from rescue situations until I got Cassie. Her past owner gave us all of her AKC papers and her birthday announcement paper. We celebrate Cassies birthday. Ritz's birthday will be celebrated also, because we know his birthday also, but he has a LONG way to go until he has his first birthday, being that he's only 11 weeks old :eek:

4 feline house
07-24-2001, 03:59 PM
I don't know Peaches's b-day since she was a stray, but the three others celebrate their birthdays Thursday. I marked their first birthdays by saying all day long "no more baby cats in the house :( "!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-24-2001, 04:20 PM
Yes we do celebrate birthdays, Daisy's is June 3 and we took her to the park and she had a great time then came home and had presents and snacks.
Perry celebrated his birthday July 4 and we had our family over for a b.b.q. and he had presents and treats too.

LindysMomma
07-24-2001, 08:02 PM
Lind has had only one birthday thus far, and it was a blast! We invited Buddy and Fred over, and they: Played a game (Fred Didn't, he is a kitty!) Ate Doggie birthday cake, and Opened presents

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: LindysMomma ]

AmberLee
07-24-2001, 09:00 PM
Oh, blush ... :o Apparently I'm the mommy on this board that "most needs to get a non-fur-based life". We celebrate both the annual (full year) birthdays with big blow-outs [singing, balloons, bubbles, toys, catnip, treats...] and each month birthdays (on the 11th of each month) with mini-celebrations including "H.B." songs, treats, and catnip. [You thought I was kidding when I said Cassy was 24 months and Livvy 27 months?]

We (ahem... okay, it's me, I'm the instigator of this one) also celebrate the annual anniversary of when each fur-baby came into our lives... The celebration level is midway between an annual birthday and a monthly birthday in scope.

I'll sign off now and go try for a non-cyber, non-fur based life. Mumble, mumble...

I need fur ... "Here kitty, kitty". <-- Sign of addiction???

3-greys-and-a-mutt
07-25-2001, 08:03 AM
We celebrate both birthdays and adoption days - basically, just with a new toy and extra T-R-E-A-T-S! My Paula's 3rd birthday is next Tuesday (7-31), and I already picked out a honking goose toy (my nickname for Paula is "Goose"!
Since we found Pup, and we know that she is within a month or two in age of my parents' dog, Checkers (Pup's best pal!), the two of them celebrate their birthday together! Last year, their first birthday, my mom made a biscuit cake, and made all of our dogs wear paper party hats! They all went home with goody bags, too!

zippy-kat
07-25-2001, 11:43 AM
AmberLee~

I'll admit it. I'm not ashamed of it. I've been addicted to fur now for 21 yrs. It doesn't matter where I get it--if it's one of mine or someone else's.

Does anyone else suffer from the same thing? Common symptoms include instant relapse of your vocabulary (ie. using baby-waby talk), smothering the victim in kissy-wissy poo's, and last but not least, the uncontrollable urge to tell others of your own 'fur dealer' (cat, dog, bunny, ferret, etc etc).

Is there a group for FAA?! Fur Addicts Anonymous?! lol :D

AdoreMyDogs
07-25-2001, 12:18 PM
Zippy-Kat, I need to join FAA in a BAD way!

Daisy's Mom
07-26-2001, 02:12 AM
Hello, I am Daisy's Mom, and I am a fur addict. Hehe! ;) Count me in for the FAA!

4 feline house
07-26-2001, 07:43 PM
AmberLee, you are too funny!

Today is Big Mac's, Cookie's and Pepper's second birthday. They are celebrating quitly at home.

This is also Cookie's last day to be on BurnerKitty's Pet of the Week corner, so this is a nice tribute to her!

K9karen
07-26-2001, 09:36 PM
Hee, hee, Jackie! I just got the clearest picture of Daisy's and Perry's personalities from their birthdays! I'm a June baby and my brother is a July guy and I think we may be hooman forms of your babies!! :D :D :D
I think my Cody, Dec 2, 1991 is a typical Sagattarius. Crazy. but true.
Everyday is Cody's b-day to me. I am so grateful he is in my life I celebrate every day. On his real b-day he gets extra hugs and kisses, if that's possible. Extra treats, he doesn't need, weight wise, but I always say extra prayers that he lives a happy, long, healthy life.

Daisy's Mom
07-27-2001, 12:23 AM
Happy birthday to Pepper, Cookie, and Big Mac!

4 feline house
07-27-2001, 04:33 PM
Thanks!

Logan
07-27-2001, 10:20 PM
I'm a little late chiming in, but Happy Birthday to your three, Leah!

Before I started in "Pet Talk", I didn't really do anything special. I remember when people started talking last winter about Christmas stockings and presents for their dogs and cats, I felt so guilty! So now, I'm a huge sucker and sing, take the dogs to the store to pick out toys, give treats, etc.!!! Thanks a lot guys!!!! :D

4 feline house
07-27-2001, 10:31 PM
Logan, I remember that! You were really down on yourself and saying what with work and single parenting you just don't have the time to devote to your animals, but we all rallied you back into knowing you are a wonderful furmom! And now look at you, a regular furnut (that's a good thing)!

The big three say thanks for the b-day wishes!

Rottieluver45
07-27-2001, 10:40 PM
We ususally celebrate PJ`s B-day by giving him bones or new "skeeky Toys"!!!