PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE! Great news about the job..

kt_luvs_kitties
04-01-2005, 09:18 PM
That I took as "putting me off". They did get a TERRIBLE reference from my former boss. They said that they would explain in detail what they said about me when we were alone. Here is the great news:

THEY GAVE ME THE JOB ANYWAYS!! They called me today and asked me to come in*I only worked 4 hours though*. And they seemed to really like me, did not even have to train me.
They have me working from 7 am until 7 pm. I work 8 days straight, and then I get off for 6 days. Awesome huh?
SO that means I need to get into bed atleast by 1 am to get up at 5. But I am so happy!
Looks like all of you amazing people helped God answer my prayers. Thank you, from the absolute bottom of my heart. It means the world to me.*HUGS*

Thank you for all the prayers and advice. Jayna, GOOD LUCK with the FT job search, I will keep you in my prayers. And Oggyflute, WONDERFUL advice about having someone call and "fill them out" BEFORE adding them to a resume.
Thank you all also for the support and the stories, to give me a little bit of hope. *HUGS* Katie:D:D:D

jennifert9
04-01-2005, 09:28 PM
WOW! Congratulations! I'm so happy you got the job that you wanted...and here we were bashing them! Oops! All that matters is that you are happy!
I would definitely pursue some type of action against the former vet for the bad reference though. I'm pretty sure it's illegal, I just don't know about your state.? I can check the internet on Monday for you. (Right now I'm on my ancient computer at home and if I open another window, I'll probably lose the whole system!)

Anyway, so glad to hear you got the job. You deserve it!

catnapper
04-01-2005, 09:32 PM
CONGRATS!!! I am so glad they were willing to give you a chance to proove yourself despite the terrible reference! I guess they knew enough to trust their instincts and ignore the terrible exboss.

Oggyflute
04-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Thats fantastic mate. As long as you feel comfortable and happy working with them, then things will work out just fine. Congrats I'm most happy for you.:)

moosmom
04-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Katie,

That is GREAT news!!! I'm glad they decided to give you a chance. Good luck!!

Psst...never underestimate the power of Pet Talk prayers!!! ;)

smokey the elder
04-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Maybe they knew about your ex-boss and decided to consider the source when she gave you a bad reference.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck!

Laura's Babies
04-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Once you have proven yourself, they will know not to even bother with any refferance from those former idiots you worked for. Some people only know negative and haven't a clue what it feels like to be positve about anything.

CONGRATULATIONS on the new job!!!

Poo
04-02-2005, 04:25 PM
I am so happy for you. I hope you enjoy your new job :)

Nicki x