PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request for Brandon

Laura's Babies
04-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Brandon, my great nephew was in a horriable car crash March 11. He has survived so far but he has a long, hard road to recovery and it is doubtful he will make a full recovery. He has crushed bones all up and down his body and they are just now, starting to do surgery to repair his bones. He has been in a drug induced coma since the accident and they are now letting him gradually come out of the coma but still under heavy sedation.

Brandon is 18 years old and has had 2 major brain surgeries in his past to remove tumors and had heart surgey to repair something in his heart also so this handsome young man has really been through a lot already and now THIS! He lives in Washington State because his Dad is in the armed forces and this is where they can treat him if his tumors come back. He and his family have really been through a lot, he is a only child, he had a very difficult birth and they didn't want to risk having another. I would apperciate having him and his family put on as many prayer lists as we can get him on, worldwide. I know PT'ers will not let me down on this and I will thank all of you in advance!!

Also... I would like a card shower for Brandon AND his Mom... Thinking of you for her and speedy recovery wishes for him. Anyone wishing to join in may pm me for the address to send the cards to and I will get it to you as soon as possiable. Lets let them know we are here!!

moosmom
04-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Laura,

I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy. Especially after all he's been through. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family, Bandon and his Mom.

I know what it's like to have a kid with a brain tumor. Although my daughter has been in remission for 13 years, there's always that little bit of fear in the back of your mind that the cancer can come back.

My daughter's name was put in a prayer group and it did wonders, that and her will to live.

I will pray for Brandon and his Mom every night.

(((((hugs))))))

Donna

Laura's Babies
04-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Moonsmom, I think prayers are the ONLY reason why Brandon is alive today. I firmly believe that and in the power of prayer! He has had pneumonia in both lungs and THREE blood clots since the wreck, one clot being real close to his heart, plus he has a infection somewhere that they are having a hard time getting a handle on.. So.... you tell me... HOW is that young man still alive?
PRAYERS!

jenluckenbach
04-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Prayers for Brandon and his family. Such tragedy :(:(

AbbyMom
04-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Prayers for Brandon and his family are on the way!

QueenScoopalot
04-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Oh no Laura! I'm sending many prayers that Brandon will overcome this latest hurdle, and get better. You sure got your share of bad news during this trip. :( I'm praying for Brandon, and his family.

catmandu
04-01-2005, 08:12 PM
I am sending Prayers,taht Brandon,will recover,and will be able,to lead,a good life,as best,that he can,And Prayers,and Faith,are as powerful,sometimes,more so that Science,and Medicine!

Oggyflute
04-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Best thoughts and wishes to Brendon for a speedy recovery.

Soapets
04-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Thoughts and prayers for Brandon, and his family and friends, coming from Nebraska........................

petslover
04-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Prayers on the way.

rg_girlca
04-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Brandon and his family.

Laura's Babies
04-02-2005, 09:57 AM
I want to thank all of you who are praying for this young man and who are helping with the card shower for him and his Mom..

His grandma (my sister) told me on the phone yesterday that he had surgery to repair his crushed foot and the doctor told them it was crushed like a egg shell, they still have to repair his hips and pelvic bones. Brandon was suppose to graduate this year and a lot of the staff and students from his school has been there from the beginning for the family. The school principle checked and Brandon has enough credits to graduate so he will STILL get his diploma!

I can not help but believe that God is pouring out blessing after blessing on this young man due to all the prayers sent up on his behalf so keep them coming!! Thanks to all of the wonderful PT'ers that come through like real champs when you need them!

kimlovescats
04-02-2005, 12:22 PM
:( :( OH Laura, this has me in tears!!!:( :( I just now am seeing this post for the very first time. Please do e-mail me the information to send cards to both Brandon and his mom, and know that I will lift them both up in prayer!!!

God bless,
Kim:(

jennifert9
04-04-2005, 08:26 AM
bump

Laura's Babies
04-04-2005, 10:31 AM
J9 thank you. I am to embarrassed to do a bump of my own thread..

I bought a STACK of cards to send Brandon and his Mom yesterday, will send several a week. No recent updates on Brandon since his foot surgery.

I didn't mention they took his breathing tube out and put in a treak tube so they could wire his broken jaws shut before his foot surgery. He has still, multiple surgeries ahead to make repairs and is still in grave condition so continue on with the prayers if you will.

If this were anyone else, they would not be alive today and I mean it when I say that I think it is the prayers from around the world that had kept him alive so far.

His Mom has a picture of him with his car, taken just hours before the wreck and I am working on getting that to post here so you can see him, he is wearing the clothes the EMT's had to cut off of him.

I called Rie Rie and she does have a picture of them as a family (in 2001) that she is going to scan and send and I will post as soon as I get it.

jennifert9
04-04-2005, 10:33 AM
You are welcome Laura. i would love to see a picture of Brandon and his family. The card went out in the mail this am. :)

Laura's Babies
04-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks for sending! Rie is pretty busy right now but has the picture at her computer and will scan today and send to me.

luvofallhorses
04-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh my gosh, sorry I just got to this :( Strong prayers coming his way and many hugs to you. If you need to talk you can always PM me.

IRescue452
04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
So sorry, prayers on the way. My neighbor's great-grandson just got in a horrible accident this morning and is in critical condition. Seems we need prayers everywhere lately. Lets hope all this praying has its effects on all the love ones who need it.

ramanth
04-04-2005, 03:47 PM
How tragic!! :( :(

Many prayers and healing vibes for Brandon.

*HUGS*

carole
04-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Oh my gosh this is so awful for you and Brandon and his family, he is a strong young man, a real fighter by the sounds of it, to have endured so much and survived and now this, I sincerely hope all will be well and Brandon will make a good recovery, hugs and positive thoughts are being sent your way to all of you from down under.

CamCamPup33
04-04-2005, 08:57 PM
For some reason, im so emotional right now, and this just made me start bawling.

I am so sorry to hear about Brandon. Thoughts and Prayers on the way.

Laura's Babies
04-04-2005, 10:06 PM
OH NO! I didn't want anyone to cry!! (goodness knows there have been enough tears shed already!) It is touching to know you care and I hope someday Cindy gets to see this thread and the outpouring of love and concern they are getting here.

anna_66
04-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Oh I'm just seeing this and I'm so sorry:(

I will keep the family and Brandon in my thoughts and prayers.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-08-2005, 05:28 AM
I'm just seeing this too... :( OMG, how terrible :eek: !!
I will include Brandon in my daily prayers!! He MUST get better, he deserves it!

Laura's Babies
04-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Everyone, please see the Brandon updates on the page web page I created for uspates as I get them. There is good news!!!

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/categories.cfm?id=649433&CategoryID=424447