PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 2005!!

RICHARD
04-01-2005, 06:14 PM
MMMMMM...

The smell of freshly cut grass, hot dogs (Grilled, not steamed!)
kids yelling for an autograph, peanut shells underfoot...

The first draft beer and the foam that sticks to your lip....

The first pitch, crackle of that broken bat, the sound of the "horsehide" booming into the firstbase man's mitt washes over the hushed fans waiting for the
umpire to thrust his fist up and point to the first base bag - the boos (or cheers, depending on who is playing where)..

It's time for baseball........

And remember to get your scorecard.

You can't tell the players without it!!!!

Good luck to everyone and let's PLAY BALL!!!

P.S. O.k. Sandra get out of your winter funk...:D

jennifert9
04-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Richard, I am totally feeling it! HUGE baseball fan here!! HUGE!! What could be better than sitting outside on a beautiful simmer day or evening, eating a hot dog, sipping a cold beer and watching baseball! Heaven!
Go Yankees!

Go Astros!

RICHARD
04-02-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by jennifert9
Richard, I am totally feeling it! HUGE baseball fan here!! HUGE!! What could be better than sitting outside on a beautiful simmer day or evening, eating a hot dog, sipping a cold beer and watching baseball! Heaven!
Go Yankees!

Go Astros!

where were you during the playoffs last year?

go BASEBALL;)

tatsxxx11
04-02-2005, 05:32 AM
Yay, it's time for hokey organ grinding, hot dogs (grilled not boiled!) the smell of fresh cut grass and the slam of the bat:D Jennifer, I'm so thirlled to hear you're a baseball fan! Last year, Richard and I were the unofficial, "official" moderators of PT's baseball forum:D Yes, I did slink away in total humiliation when the mighty Yanks fell to those horrid Red Sox!;):D Opening day here was to be tomorrow night, Yankees at Boston:eek: Sadly, it looks like we might get rained out:( Hopefully they get the game in! Let's play ball:D

Soapets
04-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Every year for vacation we visit a city with a baseball stadium that we have never been to before, and attend at least one game at that stadium. Last year we went to Boston, then New York City. We went to two Red Sox games in Boston. We had been to Fenway Park before, but never to either of the NYC stadiums.

We wore our Boston Red Sox shirts to Yankee Stadium on the day we wanted to tour the stadium. The Yankees were playing out of town that week. They wouldn't let us tour the stadium---said they had stopped giving stadium tours after 9/11. (I personally think it was because we were wearing our Red Sox shirts!:D ) We did attend a game at Shea Stadium, though.

We are now planning our vacation for this summer. We are going to go to Florida this year, and will try to see the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and the Florida Marlins both in their home stadiums while we are there. My son is 15, will be 16 May 1st, and he has been to baseball games in 15 major league stadiums already.

We have also been to several of the AAA stadiums to watch the minor league teams play. This will probably be our last year of doing this as a family, because our son will be getting a part-time job after our vacation this year, and it may not be practical for him to take time off from work in the future to go with us. :(
It's been a great tradition for our family.

Josh4Colts
04-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Indians are my favorite team but I live closer to the reds so I have been to 4 reds games and 0 Indians games.

RICHARD
04-03-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Yay, it's time for hokey organ grinding,

Here in lost angeles we had the most wonderful woman play the organ, Her name is Helen Dell - god knows is she still is alive.....

Now we have a guy from Boston that owns the team and it's those pop music clips that are played over the stadium PS system

:rolleyes:

Sandra,

Don't lie....you didn't slink away.....

That was one of the BEST post seasons I had ever seen.....

Of course, you have to count a Rick Monday home run in Montreal, and that Kirk Gibson shot in the WS.....:D

Soap,

Should you make it to Dodger Stadium catch a night game in July.

You can go to the walkways at the back of the stadium and look out on the Lost Angeles skyline...

Or in early April you can catch the snow capped San Bernardino Mountains just above the right field bleachers.....

But what do I know????
:D

davidpizzica
04-03-2005, 06:23 AM
Am I the only Pittsburgh Pirate fan here? Go, Pirates!

jennifert9
04-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Richard, last year during the playoffs, I was where any self-respecting Yankees/Astros fan should be...GLUED to the TV! I love the Yankees of course and always have but those Astros, Roger Clemens is my absolute FAVORITE player in the world...just can't get enough of him!!!
Soapet, I'm so jealous! I have been to Yankee stadium and Shea stadium and saw a Padres game in San Diego (don't remember the name of the stadium there?)but my dream is to attend ALL the stadiums. I told my boyfriend that for our honeymoon, I want to travel around the country and see the Yankee's play in every American league stadium. It would take lots of time and planning but what a great time!
I have seen numerous minor league games as Syracuse is home to the Triple A SkyChiefs, farm team of the Toronto Bluejays. Lots of famous players have passed through, Daryl Strawberry, Carlos Delgado, Pat Kelly, Roy Holliday, ROGER CLEMENS, to name a few....
Tonight is the Yankees/BoSox game in the Bronx. Collin and I don't have tickets but we are planning to go into the Bronx (about 20 minutes away) and go to a bar outside the stadium to watch the game.If it doesn't get rained out....*Fingers crossed*
Sandra, are you a Red Sox fan? If so, I'll have to check the Yankee's fan rule book but I don't think I'm allowed to talk to you anymore;) Just kidding, I will love you anyway!

Karen
04-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Sandra is - a Yankees fan. Love her anyway! She lives in Massachusetts now, but grew up in New Jersey, so her allegiance can be at least understood.

This is a wierd season for me, because my whole life, and many years before I was even born, the start of the season begins with "Maybe THIS will be the year!" and we won the World Series last year (Hooray!!! Finally!! Wheee heee!) so it's hard to know what to think. But Pedro is gone, and various other adjustments have happened, so we'll see - I am (remember, been a Red Sox fan my whole life) cautiously optimistic.

Cincy'sMom
04-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I've never been a huge baseball fan, although I live in the middle of the Tigers, Reds and Indians...been to only one game, and that was the Reds when I was in high school. We do try to get to 1 or 2 Toledo Mudhens games each year. Maybe this year I will make more of an effort to follow what is going on...

Soapets
04-03-2005, 06:47 PM
The stadiums we have been to over the years include Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox; Royals Stadium, and now Kauffman Stadium, home of the Kansas City Royals; the Ballpark at Arlington, home of the Texas Rangers; the Astrodome, former home of the Houston Astros; the Metrodome, home of the Minneapolis Twins; County Stadium, former home of the Milwaukee Brewers; Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies; Turner Field, home of the Atlanta Braves; Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals; Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs; Comiskey Park, home of the Chicago White Sox; River Front Stadium, former home of the Cincinnati Reds; Shea Stadium, home of the New York Mets; Comerica Park, home of the Detroit Tigers; and Yankee Stadium, home of the New York Yankees (even though we didn't get to attend a game there or tour the stadium in our Boston Red Sox shirts!:D )

My son got Roger Clemens' autograph on a baseball the year we saw the Red Sox play in Minneapolis (in 1993). My son had just turned 4 years old, and was dressed up in white baseball pants, a Red Sox jersey and cap, and had a baseball glove and a baseball, looking for autographs. Roger came walkjng across the field toward the dugout, which we were close to, and my son said "Wagew Cwemens, can you pwease sign my basebaw?", holding the ball out towards Roger as he did so. Roger looked up at Alex, and then looked down, then looked up at Alex again and came over and signed the ball for him. He handed it back to Alex, and said "Here you go, buddy". He signed one other autograph that night, for an elderly man standing nearby. That was it.

Alex got a lot more autographs from players over the years, but that was by far the most exciting one. They don't come over to him to sign for him as much any more, because he's not such a cute LITTLE kid anymore. It was a LOT of fun while it lasted, and we still absolutely love going to the different stadiums every year. It's been a lot of fun, and takes us to a lot of cities, where we tour historical areas, museums, etc. We've always considered these vacations to be sort of like long, fun, educational field trips with our son! He has traveled more and seen more places in his almost 16 years than most people travel and see in their entire lifetime!

Soapets
04-03-2005, 06:57 PM
By the way, not only was that ONE of the best post-seasons ever, it was THE best post-season ever!:D

GO RED SOX!!!:D :) ;)

jennifert9
04-04-2005, 07:50 AM
Karen, Soapet, did you happen to see the game last night? :D ;)

Collin and I got lost going to the Bronx so we decided to just go to the ESPNZone in Times Square to watch the game...Fun, great crowd!!!

Soapet, have you ever been to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown NY York? It's wonderful and the town, although small is beautiful. I went to college about 15 minutes away so I went often.
That's great that your son has Roger's autograph! Roger has a reputation for being a not-so-nice guy sometimes. He used to come to Syracuse when he was with Toronto for exhibition games and wouldn't even come out of the dugout, said it was a waste of his time....I think he's mellowed out over the years though.
I've thought about hijacking little kids to get autographs a few times...;)

Soapets
04-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I saw the game last night. That's OK, they're just making it interesting for the long term. When it comes down to the final stretch, they'll come out on top.

Yes, we went to Cooperstown and toured the Hall of Fame while we were on vacation last summer. It was a lot of fun.......

Samantha Puppy
04-04-2005, 08:42 AM
I surprised my husband (then boyfriend) with a trip to Cooperstown two years ago. It was a lovely town! We loved it. :)

In about 35 minutes, I'm heading out for the day - I surprised my husband with tickets to Opening Day! :) It could be a little warmer her - won't get out of the mid-60s - but compared to two years ago when it was in the 20s and SNOWED, I'll take it!!

tatsxxx11
04-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Oh Richard...ONE, BIG, sigh of relief! Woo hoo! They got clobbered 9-2:D The only thing that detrtacted from the sweetness of it all was that it wasn't played in Boston!:p

Yay, Jennifer!:D Finally, a Yankee groupie to cheer, or commiserate with:D Can I come along on that nationwide Yankee extravaganza? I'm with you Jen! LOVE Clemmens! So sad he's no longer a Yankee. NY loves him still! But boy, was I pulling for him and the Astros last year anyway!

Cape Cod has awesome AAA ball and it's a big draw here in the summer. I believe they have the highest percentage of players making the majors of any AAA franchise. Great to enjoy the game in such a laid back setting!

We're off to a good start, Richard:D

RICHARD
04-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Oh Richard...ONE, BIG, sigh of relief! Woo hoo! They got clobbered 9-2:D

We're off to a good start, Richard:D

One game does not a season make.;)

You need....

A few slumps, bumps and losing streaks.
A few hot hitters. The first game of that winning streak.
Tears, cheers and jeers.
A broken heart, an uplifted spirit.
A walk off homer, a no hitter...
A perfect game into the late innings???
A controversial call, a great catch and a little rivalry.

161 to go.

Last night was just the appetizer...

-----------------------------------

http://www.digitalballparks.com/Dodger_640_2.html

And since it's a baseball thread....let me throw out the first story of the new season.....:eek:

Baseball or Civic Duty?

I just got my first jury duty summons of my life and the Dodgers were playing Montreal in the playoffs

Game 5 of that series was on a Monday, the same day I had to report to the court house...

HOW COULD THIS BE?????

I rode my bicycle all the way to the courthouse and nervously watched the clock....It was an early morning game.....I lied to the clerk and raced home, I think I covered the ten miles in record time...... just to catch the late inning Rick Monday home run that sent the Dodgers to the WS..

Did I say I was blessed???:rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
04-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Thou ART truly blessed:D I sweated all through your travail, Richard, all ten miles:D Rick Monday... now there's a blast from the past! Lucky you:) Oh by the way, I love "appeteezers!";)

RICHARD
04-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Thou ART truly blessed:D I sweated all through your travail, Richard, all ten miles:D Rick Monday... now there's a blast from the past! Lucky you:) Oh by the way, I love "appeteezers!";)

If you watched the pregame show on ESPN you saw Stephen King with a t-shirt that said "Baseball is Life".

The three things that make baseball "life" are...

There is always tomorrow.

As long as you have two strikes, three balls, with two outs, and it's the bottom of the ninth, you are still got a chance.

And "Hope springs eternal"...............

Baseball is the goofiest sport.....when you are behind two touchdowns, three baskets or a few goals behind the game is over.................

One pitch.....that's all it takes............

;)

tatsxxx11
04-05-2005, 03:55 PM
As long as you have two strikes, three balls, with two outs, and it's the bottom of the ninth, you are still got a chance.

NO CLOCK! THAT is what makes the game better than all the rest, for me at least!!! I agree completely, Richard! :)

LeahMM
04-05-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm a Mariners fanatic here and we actually won yesterday.:D

RICHARD
04-05-2005, 06:52 PM
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.....YOU LOVE baseball and all you can type is one line?????;)

-----------------------------------------

Tonight we get the Dodgers vs. the giants to open the season up.....no barry bonds, tho..........

What about the Detroit kid who hit three homers yesterday....

no homeruns in 46 ABs in spring training....and three on the first day...he's on track to hit 243 homeruns before the all star break!!!!:eek:

davidpizzica
04-05-2005, 08:01 PM
The Pirates lost their home opener yesterday. For two years in a row they had won their home opener and had lousy seasons. Maybe this year they can turn it around. GO PIRATES!

Karen
04-05-2005, 08:22 PM
I did not see that game. I actually try NOT to pay attention early on in the season, from years of practice. If I watch too closely, I might jinx them ... I am a fan on the sly. Thank goodness for the Internet, or I'd actually have to buy newspapers, especially when I cannot be in the car for the games ... I love listening to baseball on the radio.

Paul is not a baseball fan. Miss Hoppy is likewise indifferent.

And just because the Red Sox won the World Series last year does NOT mean I'm gonna let 'em get my hopes up THIS year or anything .... waddaya think I'm gullible or something?

Orca
04-05-2005, 10:01 PM
GO RED SOX!!! :D World Series Champs!!!!

joycenalex
04-05-2005, 11:17 PM
ernie harwells' voice on wjr, the great voice of the great lakes, the sound of the bat connecting. the much hated orioles. al kaline, stormin' norm cash, willie horton, bill freehan, mickey lolich, dick mcauliff, don wert, lance parrish, the best shortstop/second base combo ever, alan trammel and lou whitaker. sneaking the battery operated radio into bed,under the pillows on school nights....and how small and green tiger stadium was, all those years ago. go tigers!!!!

fritz03
04-06-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm a Blue Jays Fan and they have won their 1st two games.i'm hoping for a better year from them.

jennifert9
04-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Barry, I definitely have a special place in my heart for the Blue Jays...seeing as my Roger Clemens played there! And Syracuse has the farm team to the Blue Jays, the SkyChiefs. So I will be rooting for your Blue Jays on the sly this year! ;)

It's tough sometimes, loving the sport of baseball! The Yankees are my very favorite but I adore the Astros! I dislike Boston but if there is nothing else on, I will watch them because they are fun to watch. I don't like the Mets but I like Carlos Beltran, dislike Pedro Martinezand Mike Piazza...I could go on and on but I think you get the point....I wish I could make up my own team with all my favs on it so I wouldn't be torn! But then, there goes the whole sport of it!!

Soapets
04-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I got this in an e-mail message today from friends who live in Massacusetts:

Subject: Go Red Sox!!!

A Red Sox Fan used to amuse himself by scaring every Yankee fan he saw
strutting down the street in the obnoxious NY pinstripe shirt. He would
swerve his van as if to hit them , and then swerve back just missing them.

One day, while driving along, he saw a priest walking . He thought he
would do a good deed, so he pulled over and asked, " Where are you going
Father?".
"I'm going to give mass at St. Francis' church, about 2 miles down the
road" replied the priest. " Climb in Father, I'll give you a lift!"
The priest climbed into the back passenger seat and they continued down
the road.

Suddenly, the driver saw a Yankee Fan walking down the road and he swerved
instinctively as if to hit him. But, as usual,he swerved back into the
road just in time.

Even though he was certain that he had missed the guy, he still heard a
loud thud.

Not understanding where the noise came from, he glanced in the mirror but
still didn't see anything. He then remembered the priest and he turned
back to him and said, "I'm sorry Father, I almost hit that Yankee fan. "

"That's okay", replied the priest " I got him with the door"

joycenalex
04-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Soapets
"That's okay", replied the priest " I got him with the door"
:D [/B]
**snort snort**lol

joycenalex
04-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
What about the Detroit kid who hit three homers yesterday....no homeruns in 46 ABs in spring training....and three on the first day...he's on track to hit 243 homeruns before the all star break!!!!:eek: [/B]
richard, remember he's in a tigers' uniform. come on, remember that....sigh.....

RICHARD
04-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Joyce.

Come on.....you know you want to cheer...

I laughed out loud when I got to the Lance Parrish part of your post..

Who could forget Parrish........and his nose!!!!!!
;) :D

------------------
Last year a gave the Dodgers a snowball chance on you-know-where.....

and they surprised me....even tho the Cards wiped them out......

Come on it's only the first week!!!

RICHARD
04-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Some neat baseball stories....
-----------------------------------------

Strikeouts for Troops™ is a national project of Oakland Athletics pitcher Barry Zito for the benefit of our war wounded troops being treated at Walter Reed Army Hospital, Bethesda Naval Hospital, and other military hospitals for injuries received during service in Iraq, Afghanistan and other assignments. During the 2005 Major League Baseball season, every time Barry Zito throws a strikeout, he will donate $100.00 to Strikeouts For Troops. He will also invite other major league pitchers to match his pledge.

Strikeouts For Troops provides funds for “comforts of home” for U.S Troops and will assist in providing travel and lodging expenses for soldiers’ families, so that they can visit and stay longer with their loved ones while being treated for their injuries. Additionally, Strikeouts For Troops will provide clothing (as many soldiers arrive with only the clothes on their back), meals, and entertainment to our wounded military. The Freedom Alliance, a national 501©(3) non-profit organization, will facilitate the delivery of resources to our wounded soldiers and families.

---------------------------------------------------

Tommy Lasorda will accept an award from the Guiness book of world records acknowledging the Lost Angeles Dodgers of having
165 million fans in attendance in the club's history!!!!!

Is that alll?????;)

jennifert9
04-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Props to Barry Zito! What a wonderful thing to do! He's a young guy too isn't he, well fairly young... Good for him! Makes me want to forgive him for how high he wears those silly baseball pants! ;)

Well, I just settled down on the computer and in front of the tube to watch Roger's home opener....just can't get enough of that man! So far 6 up, 6 down. He's so good:)
The Yankees are on also but they were losing last I checked. Astros game are hard to find on the tv in this neck of the woods so I want to watch them while I can...

Does that make me a die-hard Astros fan? Can I still love the Yankees? I lost my Yankees' baseball cap but still have my Astros one. What does that mean? What is happening to me? Thank God they are in different league;)

jennifert9
04-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Game Over! Roger had 9 strike outs and a 2 run RBI. Worries me thoug because not one single batter threw at his first pitch! They may be on to his age, you think SHHHHHH, don't tell anyone he's 42. Luckily most of those first pitches were strikes and it backfired on the Reds. But can we be so lucky for the rest of the season?

Let's HOPE so!!

The Yanks lost tonight.:(
How are those Dodgers doing, Richard?

RICHARD
04-09-2005, 02:16 PM

The Yanks lost tonight.:(
How are those Dodgers doing, Richard?

Come from behind win in the late innings.!!!!

What happens when the Astros play L.A.??;)

jennifert9
04-10-2005, 11:37 AM
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it Richard!;)
But if Roger pitches....I don't know what we'll do! We could root for the opposite teams,(you: Astros, me: Dodgers) If our hearts will let us! :D

RICHARD
04-10-2005, 04:05 PM
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it Richard!;)
But if Roger pitches....I don't know what we'll do! We could root for the opposite teams,(you: Astros, me: Dodgers) If our hearts will let us! :D

I like anything Texas.

Houston comes to town and I want to go to the game.

Me and GF head over to the stadium...I'm wearing a Rangers hat and the GF a 'Stros hat.....some joker kept throwing peanuts
at us, until I stood up and motioned to the people behind us to come on down...

No more peanuts.....and that was the only time I have EVER been hassled at a game.

If the truth is known, I dislike the Dodgers and the Angels....

The O'Malleys for bailing out to Rupert Murdoch and the Angels for being owned be Dizzyland for a while.

I'll watch the games on TV and cheer for them.....because they are in the area......But the ownership keeps me from LOVING them...;)

RICHARD
04-11-2005, 07:12 PM
what in the name of Sam Hill was going on yesterday?

It seemed like the pitchers were in danger yesterday..

Sheesh, batting helmets for pitchers??

joycenalex
04-11-2005, 10:01 PM
dear richard, i had a copy of the photo where lance parrish was standing next to a living breathing tiger, a bengal from the detroit zoo i think. the photo caption read tiger catcher. i've wondered how long did it take to get the shot, and who was happiest when it was done? and the tigers are playing 500 ball, so there is hope. and his nose.... [QUOTE]i]Originally posted by RICHARD ...Joyce.Come on.....you know you want to cheer...I laughed out loud when I got to the Lance Parrish part of your post..Who could forget Parrish........and his nose!!!!!!) :D;)

jennifert9
04-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Just a Roger update....:D Pitched the other day against the Mets, had 9 Ks again and only 2 hits in the *gasp* loss to the Mets. He received a no decision....
Yanks lost to Boston last night but Gary Sheffield got at least one good shot in! At a Boston fan in the stands that apparently reached out and swatted him in the mouth!

And it's only April!!!!! :D:D:D;)

RICHARD
04-15-2005, 09:15 PM

And it's only April!!!!! :D:D:D;)

You are a trouble maker!!!;)

We've already had a pitcher beaned too!!

--------------------------------------

and then we had the kid that killed the other with a baseball bat just north of here......:(

it's gonna be one of those years....

RICHARD
04-20-2005, 11:50 PM
What's the matter with all you baseball fans...

Some thoughts..

No crying in baseball???
No silly glasses.

Swat at a player on the field.
Take a swat from a bat.
(mixed feelings about this one....dislike sheffield...when he was a Dodger he was disrespected...:rolleyes: )

OH MY GOD....THe Dodgers just took a two run lead in the 10th..

I am fighting the temptation (no, not the cat treat....) to be a L.A. fan....:eek:
THis is ridiculous.

What happening with YOUR TEAM???

jennifert9
04-21-2005, 08:42 AM
Well Richard...MY team either wins big or loses big! The Yankees don't know what way is up lately and George is POed!
And my other team, well, they aren't exactly winning big either...BUT Roger is doing great!! That is what matters...
Just haven't had the time to really commit to baseball like I should lately! I promise, I will try harder!!;)
I agree with you about Sheffield...he's not much of an upstanding citizen...but he's still better than a Boston fan!!!:D

RICHARD
05-07-2005, 04:24 PM
what's the matter with you all??

THe Yanks tank a little and everyone gets scared....

Oh ye of little faith.....

---------------------

Who saw the Ichiro catch last week......

I got goosebumps just thinking about it....catch of the year so far!!

-----------------------

Some bad news from the Land of the Easily Amused.....

The Dodgers have had two "Two Dollar Tuesday" promo nights.

The cheap seats going for two bucks....they sold about 40,000 seats to both games...and the morons came out to watch..

Fights, boozing, cursing and idiots running out on the field..In the field pavillions a group of fans broke a bench off the legs and were waving it over their heads...

Fans were quoted that they had never been to a game where there was so much trouble.....

Give the fans a break and they bite the hand that entertains them...

Sheesh.....

jennifert9
05-24-2005, 09:06 PM
HEY RICHARD, was that you running across the field at the Dodger's game the other day?????
As soon as I saw it on the telly, I thought of you!!! :D

How about those Yanks, pulling it out the last 11 games? And of course, my Roger is breaking even....early yet......

I have nothing to say, I'm trying to keep a low profile with my Yanks doing a whole lot of nothin' and my roger not breaking any records......been a quiet baseball season so far... *knock on wood*

RICHARD
05-24-2005, 09:26 PM

As soon as I saw it on the telly, I thought of you!!! :D

I have nothing to say, I'm trying to keep a low profile with my Yanks doing a whole lot of nothin' and my roger not breaking any records......been a quiet baseball season so far... *knock on wood*

Why does some drunken law breaker remind everyone of ME???

J9,

I'm usually to tired to participate in such hijinks.

And this "Low Profile" nonsense????

Take one serving of George S.
Shake vigorously.
Uncover carefully, pour and win games.....what's so hard about that?
-------------------------------

You know it's a wacky season when the LA fans are bigger news than the NY fans.....just kidding......

A week and a half ago the Dodgers passed out pamphlets with a
"Code of Behaivior for Fans". 22 rules for the people attending the games....

Lost Angeles fans? Unruly????

The earth has shifted poles.....;)

RICHARD
06-11-2005, 03:16 PM
hokay fans....

I just popped the TV on and the game of the week is on

Boston vs, the Cubbies......

Johnny Damon still looks like he smells!!!!!!;)

lolololol

The Dodgers a putting along and San Diego is leading the west!

Bonds came out to have a look at his knee.......

and I am begrudgingly coming to the realization that AROD is a pretty damn good player....

Yankee fans.........Yes, I did say that...

Soapets
06-11-2005, 03:36 PM
We have tickets to see two games at Dolphins Stadium in Miami: the Marlins vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks on August 9th, and the Marlins vs. the San Francisco Giants on August 13th. We are finalizing our vacation plans and have decided to go to Florida this year.

This will be the 16th Major League stadium we have attended a game at in 16 years. Our son is 16, and going on vacation every summer to a different city with a Major League team has become a family tradition for us. We are so excited about this upcoming trip!

Last year we went to Boston, and to New York City. And Boston FINALLY won the World Series last year!:) We wore Boston Red Sox shirts to Yankee stadium when we were in New York, even though the Yankees were playing out of town that week. We wanted to tour the stadium, but we didn't get to. They told us they stopped giving stadium tours after 9-11. We think it's just because we were wearing Red Sox shirts!:D We did get to attend a Mets game at Shea stadium last year though, as well as a couple of Red Sox games at Fenway Park in Boston. We had been to Fenway Park before, so Shea Stadium was the "new" one we went to last year.

Unfortunately, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays aren't playing at home during the time we will be in Florida, or we would be attending a game there, too. Oh, well---it will just give us an excuse to return to Florida some time in the future.....

RICHARD
06-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Soapets
Last year we went to Boston, and to New York City. And Boston FINALLY won the World Series last year!:)

can you swing by LA this year????;)

Damn two last inning losses

RICHARD
06-22-2005, 09:25 PM
jeez o pete , the dodgers are stinking up the town....

Basketball season is almost over and the local team smells....just my luck...:confused: :eek: ;) :p

RICHARD
06-28-2005, 11:48 PM
I know baseball fans aren't out in full force yet...

Think about this....

Derek Jeter is not of this planet.

Forget steroids.

Check him for human DNA.

Mike Piazza the All Star starting catcher???
I don't understand THAT!!

and the Red Sox won the WC last year.

The world is gonna end.
;) :eek: :D

DJFyrewolf36
06-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Hey Richard, did you catch the absolute POUNDING Oakland gave SF the other day? Sad...

I actually felt sorry for the Giants. I think they need to improve thier pitching tallent a little bit ;)

RICHARD
08-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Hey Richard, did you catch the absolute POUNDING Oakland gave SF the other day? Sad...

I actually felt sorry for the Giants. I think they need to improve thier pitching tallent a little bit ;)

I have missed so much....

Oakland is in Anaheim, playing the Anahiem Angels of Orange County today....

This will make or break the AL west...

----------------------

What about the Rogers' suspension getting lifted?

_-------------------------------

Jim Edmonds rocks!!!

----------------------------

What was the fan doing on the screen today????

Soapets
08-16-2005, 06:29 PM
We got home from our vacation to Florida on Sunday. We watched the Marlins beat the Diamondbacks on Tuesday, August 9th. And we watched the Marlins beat the Giants on Saturday, August 13th.

Did anyone see the Marlins' Center Fielder, Juan Pierre, throw the ball all the way from center field in to the catcher, to get the base runner out at home plate, on August 13th? That was an AWESOME play! It saved the Marlins' win, because the final score was just 2 to 1, and it prevented the tie.

DJFyrewolf36
08-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Ahem, Richard I believe Oakland pulled it together and beat the Angels :D

At least one of my teams is doing reasonably well. Gah, the Giants on the other hand are looking mighty tiny as of late. Ick...where's the pukey face when you need one?

I saw the Marlins Game Soapets...I thought for sure the Giants would pull one out but alas, they lose yet again. :(

They DID beat Atlanta once though...

RICHARD
08-16-2005, 08:37 PM
ok, now we are cooking.......
40 some odd games left!!

Plenty of time for some highlight plays.

RICHARD
10-04-2005, 03:54 PM
come on baseball fans......

Where are y'all??

LOLOLOL,

Just down the freeway here in CA we have a playoff team and I an not excited about it!!

Go CARDS and SOX. ;)

Karen
10-04-2005, 03:58 PM
I am here, holding my breath and hoping the Sox remember how to play baseball! When they do something like they did SUnday (clobber the Yankees 10-1) I always think "okay, guys, save some of those runs for when you NEED them!"

davidpizzica
10-04-2005, 05:15 PM
The Pittsburgh Pirates mercifully ended another losing season. Maybe a change of managers will work!

tatsxxx11
10-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey Richard...it's almost game time! Blessedly I have a buffer...14-2~ One down, 2 to go before the might Red Sox fall!:D I'm thinking maybe you weren't wearing your hat!;)

Oh Karen...didn't that "clobbering" come the day after the Red Sox got thier clocks cleaned? You know, the game that clinced the DVISION CHAMPIONSHIP for the YANKEES? Oh, look!!! The Red Sox just got "clobbered!":eek: :D

RICHARD
10-04-2005, 06:29 PM
One down, 2 to go before the might Red Sox fall!:D I'm thinking maybe you weren't wearing your hat!;)

LOLOLOL,

Are you messing with the baseball gods again.???

Here we go, again.

Oh baseball god,

I implore you to remove the fear from the Yankee fans and let them cheer
on the Boston Red Sox so they may gain revenge for last year's LCS.

Please Mr BBG, Make the seams on the horsehide even, the rosin absorbent,
the way to first base 59.9 feet. Make the alleys to the fence wider, the first baseman's glove an inch wider, longer.

Keep my beer fresh and cold filtered, my chips crisp and my nachos warm.
Please let the games end at a decent hour and never let me see the bottom of my "base bowl" :D

Amen......

p.s.
I think you owe us a picture of your basebowl anyway.

tatsxxx11
10-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Amen to that BB brother, especially the part about keeping the beer cold! Actually, raising a hot cup of Abuelita in honor of a friend! So, how can I root against my friend's team? Where do my true loyalties lie?....:confused:

GO YANKEES!:D

RICHARD
10-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Actually, raising a hot cup of Abuelita in honor of a friend! So, how can I root against my friend's team? Where do my true loyalties lie?....:confused:

GO YANKEES!:D

Just let me know when the "old gal" runs out.

You can root against anything you want.....The BBG knows everything. :)

jennifert9
10-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Go Yankees!!!

Go Astros!!

Rooting for 2 teams in different divisions that may well end up facing each other....what I mess I've got myself into it. Oh well, I went through it last year too and neither one made it!! LOL!! :p

tatsxxx11
10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm with you Jennifer! My two favorite teams!!! Pettitte just blew Atlanta away:) What a sweetheart!:D Ugh, this will be tough but I would love to have them both face each other! At least I'd be happy if either team won! I think! :rolleyes: :D

GO YANKEES!

tatsxxx11
10-05-2005, 06:27 PM
There he is!:) I'll give a shout out, BBB!;) Right now, working on pretzels and root beer! Did the Red Sox have to score in the first inning? :D;)

jennifert9
10-06-2005, 05:59 AM
An Astros and Yankees World Series!! Oh, be still my heart!

I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I just love that Roger Clemens to distraction....but the Yankees....I mean I'm from NY...then again, Sandra, you live in Massachusetts but you don't let that affect your loyalties.... :D

I think I may be getting a little ahead of myself here though....*deep breath* one day at a time....

Go White Sox!! :D ;)

tatsxxx11
10-06-2005, 06:20 AM
Oh, no doubting where MY loyalties lie Jennifer! I was born in Brooklyn NY, raised in NYC and just over the bridge in NJ! I've only been here several years, temporary exile!!!:D Hope to be moving back home soon:) Yes, I've been carrying the water here in MA for all us Yankees fans...not a pleasant job, I must say!:D

jennifert9
10-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Sandra, you're so cute!! :D I can NOT imagine being a Yankee fan in Massachusetts!! Good for you for sticking up for what you believe in!! You consistently amaze me! :) I have a hard time being a NY fan in New York!! Did I ever tell you guys the story of all the Boston fans coming to my bar,when I used to bartend, during the Yankees/Red Sox AL Series?? They were all hooting and hollering and drinking Sam Adams and being obnoxious (in my opinion. They probably weren't but it felt that way!;)) I finally told one woman that she was in NY and to take that silly cap off her head and that I wasn't going to serve her any more of that stupid Boston beer!! Well, I made it through that shift, even with all the complaints my manager got...Oops ;)
BUT, the NEXT game, the final one, I showed up for work and they told me I was "too aggressive" to the customers and they sent me home (not out of anger but because they knew how I felt, it was a nice thing to do...)

ANYWAY, I am writing because we should all be celebrating!!!!! Boston is gone, knocked out, out of the game, Adios, Caput, Syonara....I would only be happier if the Yanks weren't losing 5 - 0 right now...We still have time, it's only the 3rd inning.
My poor Roger lost yesterday too...:( But my hopes are still high for the Astros too.
Everybody grab a drink and let's all cheer the end of the Red Sox in 2005!! :D:D:D

jennifert9
10-07-2005, 09:09 PM
What did I say a little while ago!?!! Yankees are up!! 6-5!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!
Keep it up boys!!! :):) What a great day for baseball!! *whisper*(so far, don't want to tempt the baseball Gods)

Where ARE all my fellow b'ball fans anyway????

Go Yankees!!!!

smokey the elder
10-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Sandra, you're so cute!! :D I can NOT imagine being a Yankee fan in Massachusetts!! Good for you for sticking up for what you believe in!! You consistently amaze me! :) I have a hard time being a NY fan in New York!! Did I ever tell you guys the story of all the Boston fans coming to my bar,when I used to bartend, during the Yankees/Red Sox AL Series?? They were all hooting and hollering and drinking Sam Adams and being obnoxious (in my opinion. They probably weren't but it felt that way!;)) I finally told one woman that she was in NY and to take that silly cap off her head and that I wasn't going to serve her any more of that stupid Boston beer!! Well, I made it through that shift, even with all the complaints my manager got...Oops ;)
BUT, the NEXT game, the final one, I showed up for work and they told me I was "too aggressive" to the customers and they sent me home (not out of anger but because they knew how I felt, it was a nice thing to do...)

ANYWAY, I am writing because we should all be celebrating!!!!! Boston is gone, knocked out, out of the game, Adios, Caput, Syonara....I would only be happier if the Yanks weren't losing 5 - 0 right now...We still have time, it's only the 3rd inning.
My poor Roger lost yesterday too...:( But my hopes are still high for the Astros too.
Everybody grab a drink and let's all cheer the end of the Red Sox in 2005!! :D:D:D

As a New Englander in exile in New York, I say...pbbt! :D But, I'm glad for the White Sox since they haven't done diddly in so long. I'm a fan of the Red Sox...and anyone playing against the Yankees! Go Angels! :D

tatsxxx11
10-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Oh Jennifer, that is too funny!!! You are bad!!! Taken off the job for being too aggressive toward Red Sox fans in a NEW YORK BAR! Hah!! I can tell you, a Yankee hat is NOT an acceptable fashion statement here and would not be tolerated:D (Stupid Boston beer...:D) OK, I have to admit that I did break into a bit of a happy dance when they lost, in a SWEEP! Hey, only fair after the bashing, trashing we had to endure last year. What goes around...But it was a good game, as was the Yankee/LA game...nail biter:( I always tick off the BBGs. I tried not to be too happy when Boston lost but I couldn't help myself! Paid for it in the end. hehehehe.
I was bummed too Jennifer when our beloved Roger lost! But don't give up hope! Wasn't Pettitte awesome the other night. Mama Mia those eyes peeking out from behind that glove! And White Sox...I'm cool with them; great team and people seem to forget (insert whiney Red Sox fans here) that the White Sox have not been in a playoff game since 1917!!! And what about those poor Cubs' fans???:( If we have to lose, I can deal with the White Sox reping the AL in the WS. Houston and Yankees, Houston and White Sox, those are my choices, in that order of course!:D

Did you see Jeter's Dad in the stands last night, Jen? He has such terrific parents and it shows in the exemplary person that he is! And Cano...what a cutie and red hot...in all ways!;) He's carrying the team right now! The other night, when he made a goof that was "righted" by Jeter, Jeter turned to him and gave him a wink and a smile as if to say, "It's ok kid, you done good!" I LOVE BASEBALL!!!:)

Read something interesting the other day that was surprising...More women watch the WS than do the Academy Awards! Hotter looking guys to ooogle is my answer to why that's the case!;)

Jennifer, did you ever see the movie Sandlot??? Love that one! Oh, for the day!

GO YANKEES!!!

RobiLee
10-08-2005, 10:48 AM
OK...you guys are actually making me miss watching the playoffs! I've enjoyed reading all this..lol. Normally Alden watches all of the playoffs and World Series and it is when the best games are played. He has been working crazy hours lately so we haven't watched much baseball and I don't seem to turn it there when he isn't here...lol. I'm going to have to tune in and watch some good games and watch some hotties too;)

RICHARD
10-09-2005, 03:35 AM
lololol,

I found my Sox hat, one day too late.

MLB is charging 7.95 to listen to the webcasts....I HATE THIS...

Last year I was able to listen to the games on the radio. In my new office
I don't get any AM stations.

I cannot root for a team with a "rally monkey"...

I don't know what I want ;) :p :eek: :D

tatsxxx11
10-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah, what IS that monkey "thing" Richard! lol SO L.A.!!!;)

$8.00 to watch a webcast? Bleh! Poor you; you really are lost in a baseball wasteland, Richard! YOU DIDN'T WEAR YOUR HAT??? Ok Boston fans, blame RICHARD!

Well, the Padres got the boot last night. No surprise there, so the Cards are in! Houston won last night too and could clinch this afternoon! And of course those Yankees can't finsih up without a little high drama...flooding rains and a terrorist threat in the Big Apple! What next, locust?:eek::D

GO YANKEES!

Lobodeb
10-09-2005, 03:02 PM
I just saw this thread!

GO WHITE SOX!!!!! :D :D :D

Maggy even has her jersey on!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/Lobodeb/11535445206_0_ALB.jpg

tatsxxx11
10-09-2005, 04:58 PM
LOL! Tried and true White Sox fan you are, dear Maggy!:D Ok, I'm all for the White Sox too in the WS....should the Yankees lose that is:D ;) The White Sox deserve to be in it!

What a game is on right now, between Houston and Atlanta! Houston was behind 6 to 1 in the 8th when Houston hit a grand slam homerun to make it 6 to 5, Atlanta! Then in the bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, Houston hits another home run for a tie! We're now in the 15th inning!!! Longest division playoff game ever! Torture! :D Atalnta had hit a grand slam earlier in the game; only time 2 grands slams have been hit in one division playoff game!:eek:

tatsxxx11
10-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Ok, I know I'm talking to myself here but ROGER CLEMENS IS AWESOME!:D Jennifer, hope you're watching your Rocket Man!:D 17th inning and still tied! What a game!:D

tatsxxx11
10-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Top of the 18th inning...I think that means we're about to finish up the bottom half of a double header!:D Think they're tired? :D Poor Roger...no one left in the bullpen:(

tatsxxx11
10-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Houston Wins....Walk off homerun by the sweetest young kid...Burke! Roger Clemens, you Are the best! No Losers Here! Every Player On Both Teams Left Their Hearts On That Field! What A Game. This Is What Makes Basesball The Best Game On Earth! :D

Now, On To Houston Vs. Yankees In The Ws!!!:D

What's up with the caps??? :D

jennifert9
10-09-2005, 06:35 PM
OH BE STILL MY HEART!!! I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! :D:D:
My Roger is the best thing EVER!! I love him so much...but of course I am preaching to the choir here...you all know how fabulous he is....I have been watching this game since it started at 1:09pm this afternoon...Collin is PO'ed at me because I was cheering too much while he was trying to sleep.... I only have you guys to celebrate with!!!
I love the Astros! I have been following them ever since Roger went there, and perhaps that does make me a band wagon jumper...? But everyone needs a reason to love a team and Roger has introduced me to the fantastic Astro team... ssshhhh I think I love them more than the Yankees...dont' tell anyone....;)
Listen to this though folks, my grandmother passed away a week ago Sunday (9/25/05). She and I were very close and it was devastating to me. :( She was a very elegant, proud, sophisticated woman (with an obsession for cleaning!!;)) Leaving her in the cemetary in the ground was the worst part for me and I lost it...I wanted to curl up there on the ground with her that day and stay forever... Anyway, (so NOT trying to bring this thread down but I have something to say!!:))
I hear people talk about "signs" from their deceased loved ones all the time. So I started looking for them from my Grandmother....well tonight, the kid that hit the home run to win it...his last name was Burke....

That was my mother's maiden name, my grandmother's married name....she was buried next to her first husband, Elmer Burke in the Glendale Cemetary on Burke Road....
I think my grandmother is ok now....

Maybe I am just being sentimental and looking for these things but it's there....it's out there...and it consoles me...
I am SO happy for my Astros...I want them to go all the way!!!
OK, back to a happy thread!!! :D:D GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!

tatsxxx11
10-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Oh Jennifer....YOUR ASTROS WON!!! Your Rocket Man was THE BEST And that's the Yankee spirit...following your heart! You're not a jumper, you're a true blue baseball fan and you, Clemens and Andy brought that Yankee spirit to the Astros! I got goosebumps reading about all of the connections to your beloved Grandma, the "Burke connection!" You have your signs Jennifer and now, peace in your heart at last! God and our departed loved ones speak to us, send us signs in many ways and this was your night!!!:) I only wish my father and brother were here to watch the game...they would have loved it! You found your signs and I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! God bless Grandma Burke!:) GO ASTROS, GO YANKEES! No losers there!

No Freckles...my post, all these abitrary caps??? We're haunted!;)

Now, on to the Yankees!:)

tatsxxx11
10-09-2005, 07:04 PM
That's the best part, Freckles...Roger got the win!:) AWESOME!!!

RICHARD
10-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks for jinxing the game for posting the innings....

I wanted 24 innnings...

The game just started....good luck everyone....

Ta-ta.

Sorry Mario...

the Rally Monkey has to go!!!

Yes it's sooooooo L.A.

jennifert9
10-11-2005, 06:15 AM
Oh well.... :(

GO WHITE SOX!!! Anyone but the Angels!! ;)

tatsxxx11
10-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Angels just played better ball...case closed! Yanks did not deserve to win this year...Fail Rod...133 avg...NO RBIs...:eek: And Mussina...geeesh, things don't go his way and he looks like he's going to cry! Thought we were going to sail when Colon couldn't play. Then there was that "quesionable" call at first with Cano:mad: But still, we deserved to lose. Should have left Bernie in the outfield...he's not fast enough and that collision would never have happened! :D That cost us two runs! Just can't win a series when your top hitters don't produce. There goes A Rod's MVP...man, he's being slaughtered today! Go Houston and White Sox...!:)

Lobodeb
10-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Go Sox!!! I'm so excited, I can't stand it! :D :D :D

RICHARD
10-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Baseball God.

JUST because they are named the "Angels" doesn't mean they get special treatment.

Poor Alex.

ESPN radio was wailing on him this morning.

Did anyone else hear about the guy in Houston that caught both homerun ball on sunday??....He is GIVING them to the HOF soon....

THAT'S a true fan!!!!

Lobodeb
10-13-2005, 10:00 AM
I know I should be happy for the White Sox winning last night, but I can't help but feel we didn't deserve it. Granted we wouldn't have lost, but would have gone into extra innings.

What does everyone think about that call? I think the umpires said it best when they said the replay was "inconclusive." :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-13-2005, 10:23 AM
I am the furthest thing from a Sox fan as you can get so I have a totally unbiased opinion on this. The umpire supposedly said he saw "a change of direction" in the ball, meaning it hit the ground first. When Terry and I first saw the replay, we couldn't figure out what was going on because it looked like the catcher caught it cleanly, and the batter obviously swung and missed making it a 3rd strike, so we had no idea what was going on.

Like you say, the game would have gone into overtime and could have gone either way if he had been out, but this adds a little excitement and drama, which translates into better ratings....

jennifert9
10-13-2005, 10:42 AM
I LOVE baseball and watch it every chance I get...there is a call in almost every single game that is questionable and one team benefits...tomorrow night there will be a call that benefits the Angels....it's the give and take and what I love about the game!!

I'm still rooting for my precious Astros!! :D

RICHARD
10-14-2005, 03:18 PM
I LOVE baseball and watch it every chance I get...there is a call in almost every single game that is questionable and one team benefits...tomorrow night there will be a call that benefits the Angels....it's the give and take and what I love about the game!!

The part that bugs me about "the call" is that the umpire in question may try to even things out on another call.
-------------------

Mr Umpire was met by the OCPD and MLB security when he flew in...
The people at Anaheim stadium assured that the ball park was a "safe enviroment...."

That means that some friggin yahoo called in some threats against this poor guy....

PEOPLE! It's only SPORTS!!!! :rolleyes:

Lobodeb
10-14-2005, 03:36 PM
The part that bugs me about "the call" is that the umpire in question may try to even things out on another call.

That's what scares me, too!
-------------------

That means that some friggin yahoo called in some threats against this poor guy....

Do you remember what happened with Steve Bartman (the guy who "interfered" in the Cubs game) 2 years ago?

That guy had to leave Chicago! I remember the next day, getting e-mails of him home address, telephone number and even his work information!

RICHARD
10-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Do you remember what happened with Steve Bartman (the guy who "interfered" in the Cubs game) 2 years ago?

That guy had to leave Chicago! I remember the next day, getting e-mails of him home address, telephone number and even his work information!

LOL and that "Jeffrey Dahmer" kid from Yankee Stadium too!!!

Mr. Ump is working the Right Field line tonight..... :eek:

Wait until he call a foul ball, a home run!!!

jennifert9
10-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Alrighty then...since noone has mentioned the Astros FABULOUS win over the Cards last night...I will be proud to be the first to do so!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

If (and when) they win with the Rocket on the mound Saturday, Andy Pettitte will not let Roger down and lose again...so there is 2 more wins....put Oswalt on the mound again and we've got our 4!!!!!!! World Series here we come!

GO ASTROS!!!

PS I want ALL of you to remember who was an Astro fan when noone else was....who has an Astro hat and wears it religously....I don't want to ever be accused of being a "bandwagon jumper." I love my Roger and I love my Astros.... :D

Lobodeb
10-17-2005, 10:11 AM
WHITE SOX WIN!!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!

OMG! It was crazy here last night. Maggy was having a fit with all the fireworks and celebration, but we managed to calm her down, poor thing.

Star's Mom
10-17-2005, 11:23 AM
WoooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Chicago WHite Sox winn!!!!!Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee were going to the series. Way to go guys!!!!!

RICHARD
10-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey,

You Sox fans are acting as if you haven't been to a WS in 46 years-

And you Astro fans are acting as if you NEVER have been to the WS....

Congrats to all and lets see a great WS with no umpire invovlement! ;)

Lobodeb
10-17-2005, 05:09 PM
LMAO!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Very true!

jennifert9
10-18-2005, 07:27 AM
What a night last night! I thought for sure it was over and the.....Pujols. Geez, I dislike that man! Actually I wish he was an Astro!!!
But we'll finish them off Wednesday for sure with Oswalt on the mound.

My heart can't take much more of this....And I'm so sleep deprived I am cross-eyed all day long...I am up until 11:30pm and wake up at 4:15am!! :eek: I have to go to bed early tonight to rest up for tomorrow!!

GO ASTROS!!! :D

ps If the Astros win the World Series, I made a deal with Collin that I would get the Astro star tattoo!! ;)

Lobodeb
10-18-2005, 09:39 AM
LOL! I made the comment last night to my hubby that since Paul Konerko is a free agent after this season, if we loose him, we'll gladly take Pujols. Not to mention the fact that he's a total hottie! :eek: Good grief is that man easy on the eyes.

But, not to worry about getting that tattoo, cuz who ever wins this series isn't winning the World Series anyway. :o

(Lord, please don't make me eat my words.) ;)

jennifert9
10-18-2005, 11:00 AM
But, not to worry about getting that tattoo, cuz who ever wins this series isn't winning the World Series anyway. :o

(Lord, please don't make me eat my words.) ;)

Those sound like fighting words....go easy on me until we at LEAST get the Astros IN. Then we can duke it out!! LOL!! ;)

Start chewing!!! :D

RICHARD
10-18-2005, 11:37 AM
In '86 Donnie Moore of the Angels and Dave Henderson of the Red Sox played out the same scenario.

The Sox went on to win that Series and lose in the WS.

One strike away...

Moore killed himself a few years later because of the crap he got for that one pitch.

----------------------------------------

One ball, one strike, one inning, one game at a time. ;)

jennifert9
10-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Why, oh why did we not just walk Pujols...? What in the world were they thinking?! Load up the bases, strike the NEXT guy out...

You know, they were calling Phil Garner a "genius" BEFORE yesterday's game...I can't imagine what they are saying now....?

Anyway, I will not keep rehashing it...*repeat, repeat, repeat* I will look forward to Wednesday's win instead! :D

RICHARD
10-18-2005, 05:56 PM
ps If the Astros win the World Series, I made a deal with Collin that I would get the Astro star tattoo!! ;)

Thank God you aren't a professional wrestling fan! :)

This year I am rooting for the best team.

The Sox, because they haven't won in 80 some odd years (next year?Cubbies!!!)

The 'stros, cause they never been....

And the Cards, I love a good comeback!

=========================

Baseball is a frigging religion.

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE being inside a stadium when the home team hits a tater like the one that Pujols hit last night.

On the road it's a sudden slap to the head of 40,000 people. Have you ever untied a balloon and let the air escape on your face?

There is something scary about a homerun that absolutely ruins a crowd.
It's flying a kite and watching it crash to the ground. It's one good lick to an ice cream cone and watching the scoop hit a hot July sidewalk.
It's starting the washer and remembering your red sweater is among your white pants.

You can stand there and stare all you want, you can't do a danged thing about it.

If you think that is bad, try walking among the zombies filing out to the parking lot-they came looking for life-Instead they are destroyed by a horsehide ball out of the park, and a white ash bat deep to the heart.

The nice part about baseball is that there always is tomorrow.

And after that is the off season. :eek: :( :confused:

RICHARD
10-19-2005, 06:24 PM
go baseball!!!

Baseball god,

Keep the fans out of their seats, their vocal cords moist and the experience that once-in-a-lifetime kick where you can say, "I remember that game!"

Keep the players safe, the umps on the up-and-up and the jalepenos on the nachos zippy.

Please make the great plays, greater, the great players, legendary and
Give us nine innings of great baseball.

amen.

ParNone
10-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Okay I can finally post on this thread. I've been holding my tongue so as not to jinx'em. Don't have to anymore, because

WE ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!

Unbelievable!!! I was actually crying that we finally made it. And Jennifer, I got you beat, I've been an Astro fan for 40 years, even through the awful ugly orange rainbow uniform years. :)

Gotta LOVE those 'Stros!!!!

Par...

Lobodeb
10-20-2005, 09:45 AM
See you in Chicago!!!

I hope this turns out to be a great series!

Good luck to all!

RICHARD
10-20-2005, 12:15 PM
I've been an Astro fan for 40 years, even through the awful ugly orange rainbow uniform years. :)

Gotta LOVE those 'Stros!!!!

I think that they should play at least one game in those unis.....

And put the Sox in those shorts they wore for one day.

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/timeline_1976.htm

Sell beer for a dollar, peanuts for a quarter a bag and bring back Jimmy Carter..... :confused:

RICHARD
10-24-2005, 01:10 PM
I think a sweep in Houston is called for.....

And WTF??

Posednick???

Give me a easier name to spell and pronounce for Pete's sake....this is the World Series.... ;)

Lobodeb
10-24-2005, 02:30 PM
http://www.madlantern.com/clipart/clips/construction/broom.gif

Here you go. I'll gladly provide your broom for the sweep.

LOL on Podsednik. We call him Scotty for the sake of our fingers.

We'll take 'em where we can get 'em. :D :D :D :D :D

RICHARD
10-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Somewhere a witch is walking.

Go baseball..

What is it with the crappy officiating?

Lobodeb
10-25-2005, 02:17 PM
HEHEHEHEHE.

Someone just sent me this picture and I just HAVE to share.

http://us.f819.mail.yahoo.com/ym/us/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=7278_1698596_38727_1757_44508_0_42362_63701_ 1501629210&bodyPart=2.2.2&YY=13168&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&Idx=0

jennifert9
10-26-2005, 05:53 AM
I have to say...this Series is breaking my heart.... :(

I want the Astros to win so badly that my heart literally aches everytime the Sox score....I've given myself a horrendous cold from lack of sleep watching these games and I'm just torn up inside.... :(
This will be the second Series in a row that I will NOT be happy for the team that wins...I don't care how long it has been for the Sox, it's been NEVER for the Astros and they have more heart than all the other teams in baseball combined. And more class.
I haven't given up hope yet but if the Sox win, I will not watch any sports or the news for weeks...I just can't bear to see it. It's like watching a crime watching them be happy.... :(

I know, I know, I take my baseball WAY too seriously but it's a passion of mine, right behind Duncan in importance! ;)

Logan
10-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Sounds like it was a long night, last night. I didn't watch. I usually do, but this year, there has been too much other stuff going on to get interested.

Sorry, Jennifer, that your Astros are doing better. Seems like the series would be more fun if one team didn't win all the games!

Logan

Lobodeb
10-26-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't care how long it has been for the Sox, it's been NEVER for the Astros and they have more heart than all the other teams in baseball combined.

At first, I was a little taken back by this comment. I have to disagree with you. IMHO, the team with more heart is the one that wins. They put it all into the game and get the best resuts.

I won't go on and on about the Sox, because if the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't appreciate someone rubbing their victory in my face and pouring salt into the wound.

Seems like the series would be more fun if one team didn't win all the games!
If you aren't rooting for the Sox, I can see how this series would be boring.

I think Richard said it best when he said let's have a series where the umpires don't get involved.

Hugs to you Jennifer!

RICHARD
10-26-2005, 01:20 PM
A great defensive play followed by a heart breaker home run.

That is baseball in it's purest form.

It's making it to the top of Everest, holding up your flag and then :eek: having a gust of wind toss your arse over the side.

ParNone
10-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Gull says to sacrifice your socks to the Baseball gods, so that some luck will go the 'Stros way tonight.

http://nothinbuttdogs.com/gullsock.JPG

Chant with me now. NO MORE SOXES! NO MORE SOXES! NO MORE SOXES!

SoxLess down here in Houston
Par...

ParNone
10-26-2005, 11:06 PM
welp tweren't to be our time this go round. But what an incredible season we had. You done us proud in Houston, Astros!

Congrats to the White Soxes! Meet up again, Same Time, Same Place, Next Season? :)

Par...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-27-2005, 09:43 AM
You done us proud in Houston, Astros!

I couldn't agree more! Even though the Sox won all the games, they were all extremely close games and they could have all gone either way at any point during the games. Houston has nothing to be ashamed of.

Have to admit, this is the first World Series I've watched in 43 years :p and I rather enjoyed it. Can't say I'll rush right out and become a huge baseball fan, but this is the most fun Terry and I have had with a Chicago team since Michael Jordan and the Bulls. ;) :)

RICHARD
10-27-2005, 05:40 PM
As the rain slowly turn to snow and the grass begins it's jouney toward that monochromatic brown color-(except for that plastic crappy turf in some stadiums...)

Let's take one last look over our shoulders...

Congrats to the 'Sox, you guys rocked! "Next year", to the 'Stros, We wuz robbed, to the Angels. "You sucked" to the Dodgers. To George's team....
Stay healthy.......and to all the other clubs......practice??? :confused:

Congrats to the Chiba Lotto Marines for sweeping their series with the Hanshin Lions...Bobby Valentine became the first American born manager to win the Japanese League Title.....

So, as the the lights dim in the stadium, and the last hotdog wrapper is picked up off the floor.......Remember to put the ball in the glove pocket, wrap it up with a string, put in under your mattress ---- :D and dream about 2006-opening day will soon be here, again!