PDA

View Full Version : Dont forget!

sammy101
04-01-2005, 04:34 PM
..To turn your clock a hour ahead tomorrow night!!(Saturday,April 2nd)I always miss it:rolleyes: then i just heard it on the news yesterday!
soo.. dont forget!!

that means 1 hour less of sleep:( :o

moosmom
04-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Sammy101,

Thanks for reminding me!!! Didn't we just DO that in the fall???? I guess I'll be losing an hour's sleep. *YAWN*

catnapper
04-01-2005, 05:32 PM
That time already?! I have to dig out all the mnauals on how to change the clocks! :D

Laura's Babies
04-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Yawn.... can you remind me tomorrow when (hopefully) my brain gets back?

MariaM
04-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Saskatchewan is like...the only place that doesn't do that. It maddens me.

Shelteez2
04-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by MariaM

I think there are 2 states that don't do it either....maybe Arizona and Nevada?? Does anyone know?

manda_moo87
04-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Blahhh... I don't want to lose any sleep... :o

jennifert9
04-01-2005, 11:45 PM
I think it's just Arizona but I'm not positive...? They get plenty of sunshine throughout the year anyway so they don't necessarily need it...not like us NYers who suffer through 9 months of winter!!
The point of it is to get more sunshine during the hours most people are awake. I think....At least that's the point of it for me!! I get to take Duncan to the dog park finally because I'll be home from work before dark for a change! YEAH!

Bigyummydog
04-01-2005, 11:53 PM
yes... it's arizona....:cool:

PJ's Mom
04-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by manda_moo87

Me either.

I love it when it gets dark at 5:00 or 6:00. :)

sammy101
04-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by manda_moo87

lol ditto to that!:p

PJ's Mom
04-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Darn. I already forgot that tonight was the night. :rolleyes:

GraciesMommy
04-02-2005, 09:52 PM
I was just coming to post this and decided I best look first to see if any one had..glad you did..I just got reminded on another forum, I would have sure forgotten!

jennifert9
04-10-2005, 12:33 PM
I was watching the CBS Morning Show this am and I learned some interesting things about DST. They profiled a town that is literally split in half by the Indiana/Ohio state line, College Park is the name I think. Apparently 77 counties in Indiana do not subscribe to daylight savings time. The town operates on 2 different times. The local school is split by the state line and has 2 doors, one labeled Indiana and the other, Ohio. The school operates on Ohio time, DST. They showed one family where they all wear 2 watches because their mother works in Indiana and can't follow DST but the children's school does. All the stores post what time they are following, some open early for farmers, others like the local bar, stay open later.
Can you imagine that? Isn't it strange!?

They also noted that 47 states participate in Daylight Savings Time. I know Arizona is one and apparently most of Indiana. I don't know what the other is...
I think we have members from Indiana (Lizbud I think?) I wonder if they have any experience with this.....

buckner
04-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by jennifert9
I was watching the CBS Morning Show this am and I learned some interesting things about DST. They profiled a town that is literally split in half by the Indiana/Ohio state line, College Park is the name I think. Apparently 77 counties in Indiana do not subscribe to daylight savings time. The town operates on 2 different times. The local school is split by the state line and has 2 doors, one labeled Indiana and the other, Ohio. The school operates on Ohio time, DST. They showed one family where they all wear 2 watches because their mother works in Indiana and can't follow DST but the children's school does. All the stores post what time they are following, some open early for farmers, others like the local bar, stay open later.
Can you imagine that? Isn't it strange!?

They also noted that 47 states participate in Daylight Savings Time. I know Arizona is one and apparently most of Indiana. I don't know what the other is...
I think we have members from Indiana (Lizbud I think?) I wonder if they have any experience with this.....
I'm not sure why most of Indiana doesn't participate in this, but I have friends all over Indiana. It's weird, for some of the time, for me to be an hour ahead, and the other times us be in the same time zone. And, it's all due daylight savings.

cali
04-10-2005, 01:02 PM

why does is madden you? lol I LOVE not having a time change, and I am not in the slightest looking forward to movong to BC and having to deal with time changes lol I think its the stupidest thing on the planet. :p

jennifert9
04-10-2005, 01:18 PM
I love Daylight Savings Time! If it wasn't for that extra hour, it would be June before I would get home from work before dark. I would have to wake up at 5amish to get any daylight and would only be able to take Duncan to the park after work in June, July, August and some of September.
I heard on the news yesterday morning that some politicians are lobbying to keep make daylight savings time effective all year as it would cut down on the amount of energy used by Americans. I think they said something about 20 million barrels of oil are saved a day during DST. That doesn't sound right? But I know it was a large amount, just can't remember exactly;) But saving energy AND getting more sunshine all sound like great ideas to me!!