PDA

View Full Version : Any April Fools Jokes yet?

petslover
04-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Has anyone got April Fool's today? I know I have. My dad told me that the neighbors complained about us having to many dogs, and the animal shelter was going to pick some of them up. OMG I was crying lol.. I was like I don't want any of them to go. I was so mad. I was about to go and fuss at my neighbors lol!! Then about 10 minutes later, he goes April Fools!!! I was soo mad, but yet I was relieved. :mad: :mad:

:D :confused: :D

I should have known my dad would do this. He loves playing pranks!

He got me! I'll admit it! lol

chrissycat21
04-01-2005, 03:09 PM
No one has played any pranks on me yet...

I locked my sister in her room this morning. She was screaming 'Mommy help me! Kristen locked me in my room again!' (Don't worry, we let her out!)

I but plastic wrap under the toilet seat, but my mom found it. I'm kind of glad because she said I would be the one cleaning it up!

But, the day isn't over yet....:p :D

aly
04-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm really not liking this day. First of all, its the anniversary of when my Labrador, Dessi, died :( so I was already in an upset mood. Then I got an email from my sister who lives in DC and works for a senator. Here's what it said:

Mom and Dad, I just wanted to let you know that you may be getting a
call from the Senate Ethics review board. I have been in violation of
some important rules and someone told Senate Ethics so I am now under
investigation (with the potential to be fired and possibly even
prosecuted). Please be careful with what you tell them. I will
explain more when you pick me up tonight.

(she's coming to visit for the weekend and my parents are picking her up at the airport tonight).

Being the gullible fool I am, I believed every word and started to panic. I called my dad and he didn't answer his phone. I didn't know if I should call my mom or not because she's a teacher and I didn't want to freak her out at work. I also didn't want those people to call without her knowing about it first though. So I called her and told her not to panic, but she needrd to check her email after work and call my sister. She made me tell her what the email said, but I told her as delicately as I could so she wouldn't panic. I kept telling her not to worry yet. She thanked me for calling and we hung up. She called my sister then called me back just a few minutes later. When I picked up the phone, she said "Alyson, they're going to question us all, we have to fly up there". I told her right away again not to panic and we'd deal with it. Then she said "What? Its an April Fools joke, I thought you were in on it with your sister. She just told me April Fools when I called her!". Then I BURST out crying so upset. I had remained calm to so I wouldn't worry my mother, but I was freaking out inside. Then when I found out it was a joke, all those emotions just poured out.

I'm really mad at my sister and don't even want to see her this weekend now. I know I should take a joke better, but there's a huge difference between a joke or prank and something that messes with peoples' emotions.

Lexi_Lover
04-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I haven't! :p

But I *wanted* to do something very bad! ;) But I did tape some the handle together on teh little squirty hose thing on the sink. And my mom helped me and totally forgot and squirted herself! ;) :p

GoldenRetrLuver
04-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Nope, haven't been pranked today and I'm glad. :p

I don't like April Fool's day, either. Last year when my mom picked me up from school on April Fool's day, she told me that "something" had happened to Daisy, and I immediately started panicing until she told me it was just a "joke". I was SO mad at her, and so far, she hasn't pranked me today. I'm sure she's learned her lesson.

I agree with Aly. There IS a huge difference between a prank and messing with someone's emotions.

RICHARD
04-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Yes, my company played a great joke on us.....They took out 600 dollars from our bonus in taxes!!!!

I laughed all the way to the bank!:mad:

Nomilynn
04-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Aly that is horrible :( That is also why I hate this day :mad:

The only cool thing about it is I've had my driver's license for exactly 8yrs today :p WOO!

On the radio this morning they announced that NHL Hockey was back on, they were going to have a 7 game season and then rush into playoffs. They even had players and the NHL Comissioner on the air saying that they had been in "secret meetings" and it was all a go. I didn't fall for it, but people started calling in saying how it was a cruel joke to play with people's emotions regarding the hockey season.. and up here, it actually was a very cruel joke. Vancouverites take their hockey VERY SERIOUSLY!!

slleipnir
04-01-2005, 08:24 PM
None on me, thankfully. I really don't like jokes haha. :o

My mom told me she told some of her costomers (regulars) today that the beer was free, and when they went to pay for their food they wondered why it cost so much. They said they didn't drink that much cause they were trying to be nice/not greedy :rolleyes:

She also told her boss that he had a big snot on his face:rolleyes:

And she told a friend that she had a huge stain on her jacket. She flipped out saying she just got it washed and stuff lol.

Nothing really mean