PDA

View Full Version : The Pope is gone

moosmom
04-01-2005, 12:34 PM
News reports Pope John Paul has died. :( Rest in peace dear man. You're with your Maker now. You were an inspiration to all of us.

He was the youngest Pope elected and also the first in hundreds of years to be non-Italian.

slick
04-01-2005, 12:47 PM
:( :( :( My tears just won't stop.....and I can't bring myself to post in any other thread.....

Heaven welcomes you and celebrates your arrival and new eternal life.

RedHedd
04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
It's a sad day. :( I can't find the report on the 'net yet. :(

sirrahbed
04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
??Foxnews is on and they have said he is still alive but dying?? It is 1:48pm here....

PJ's Mom
04-01-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm not seeing this on CNN or MSNBC. Odd. :confused:

slick
04-01-2005, 12:50 PM
http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1107219026584_52?hub=topstories

"unconfirmed"....

Pit Chick
04-01-2005, 12:58 PM
12:54 pm here and I just heard on the radio he has passed away.

Rest in Peace Pope. I'm not Catholic, but I do believe he sent a lot of powerful messages to everyone and tried to make a difference in the world and for the Catholic faith. I hope his successor is just as good and passionate about what he does as John Paul II was.

PJ's Mom
04-01-2005, 01:00 PM
The Vatican is still denying reports that he has died. They call his condion "grave", but say he's still alive.

Cincy'sMom
04-01-2005, 01:05 PM
The radio here said that he has passed, but that no US stations are reporting it yet.

Pit Chick
04-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Now the radio station has conflicting info. That's the good ol media for ya, always trying to get a jump on the story before they even have the facts straight. :rolleyes:

moosmom
04-01-2005, 02:44 PM
I heard on the news on the way to work that he's still hanging in there. I got MY information from Fox 2 News. A little premature, I guess. :( Sorry.

ChrisH
04-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Report from BBC website at 9.16pm UK time

Pope John Paul II clings to life

Pope John Paul II's poor health has become even worse, the Vatican said.
His breathing is shallow, his blood pressure is low and he is having difficulties with both his heart and his kidneys, a spokesman said.

Millions of Catholics around the world have been praying for the Pope, and a special Mass was held for him in Rome where crowds are maintaining a vigil.

The Vatican made three statements in one day and seems to be preparing Catholics to expect the worst.
Cardinals - who will elect a new pope - are arriving in Rome from all over the world, the Italian media have reported.

The Pope's vicar general of Rome said the pontiff was already "at one" with Jesus Christ.
He "already sees and touches the Lord," Cardinal Camillo Ruini told a packed Mass in Rome's St John Lateran cathedral.

Another senior clergyman, Angelo Comastri, told about 30,000 people gathered in St Peter's Square: "This evening or this night, Christ opens the door to the Pope."

He later denied reports in the Italian media that the Pope had died.

Story from BBC NEWS:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-01-2005, 03:19 PM
:( According to Fox news, he is still hanging on. They are waiting for a new update from the Vatican though. It doesn't look good at all!

This makes me so sad. I am not Catholic but have always admired him and respect him deeply. I hope he doesn't mind that a Baptist thinks he's special!

Samantha Puppy
04-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
:( This makes me so sad. I am not Catholic but have always admired him and respect him deeply. I hope he doesn't mind that a Baptist thinks he's special! I agree. I'm a Lutheran... close to Catholicism but not quite... I'm a "heretic", I'm told, but this heretic has great respect for this Pope. I hope his passing is quick and painless.

sammy101
04-01-2005, 04:37 PM
he's not gone yet.My parents heard it earlier on the news earlier,and said he died:confused: then heard it again and said he's still clinging to life.
i hope he gets better:(
heres a most recent story

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4337022/detail.html

Logan
04-01-2005, 05:05 PM
I heard the same thing at 1:55 today, then they retracted the story. :(

It is probably just a matter of time, but my prayers are with him.

Logan

cali
04-01-2005, 05:14 PM
the last thing I heard they inserted a feeding tube, if he is not gone yet, he probably will be soon. :(

luckies4me
04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
I too am not Catholic, but this man holds a high level of respect with me! I am very saddened. I know the time will be soon. :(

Lexi_Lover
04-01-2005, 06:02 PM
I loved that man. His kidneys are failing and his major organs are starting to shut down! Its 7:00pm here, and he's still clinging onto life. He told them all to tell me he is not in pain, and that God is with him by his side. He is always going to be there. The poor poor man!

He is amazing! Its on the news everywhere here, and everybody is going to church here as well, I am listening right now! :(

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen. :(

davidpizzica
04-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
:( According to Fox news, he is still hanging on. They are waiting for a new update from the Vatican though. It doesn't look good at all!

This makes me so sad. I am not Catholic but have always admired him and respect him deeply. I hope he doesn't mind that a Baptist thinks he's special! Connie, I hope he doesn't mind a Lutheran saying that he is a special and a great head of the Catholic Church.

davidpizzica
04-01-2005, 06:18 PM
I just had CNN on and they said that the pope is gravely ill and that his breathing is becoming shallower as of 7:15 this evening.

bluekat
04-01-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm watching it right now..I think he's still hanging on. But his condition is very very bad :( :( :(

LuvGold00
04-02-2005, 12:18 AM
It's 1:15am here, and he's still holding on.

I am Catholic, was brought up as a serious Catholic, but as I grew up church took a back seat, and it's times like these that make me feel as though I shouldn't have let that happen...
This quote has always meant something to me, always seems to make me feel better.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with meā€”Psalms 23:4"

Lexi_Lover
04-02-2005, 05:45 AM
It is now 6:44am where I am, and the Pope has sadly been going in and out of consciouness. :( The Vicars have said that these are his final hours of death, and that the Pope is near death. :(

I swear, I almost cried when I saw the tribute to his life! :(

K9soul
04-02-2005, 09:05 AM
I was raised Catholic but the priest of my church never taught that other religions were heretic or unacceptable, just that they were different. I am glad I was brought up with that attitude, I know not all are.

My prayers are with the Pope as he is called to God's side. I can only imagine the joyous celebration in Heaven as a wonderful and holy man begins his eternal life in the heavens. Here on earth though, the world will grieve his loss.

I have a feeling he is ready to go though, and I do hope he can pass peacefully soon. I don't feel like he'd want to slightly recover and continue to live weak and ill, on the edge of death.

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Pope John Paul is still hanging onto life! I know many are sending so many prayers for him, and he is such a great, inspirational man! I know that when he passes, he will go straight to Heaven, and will be another great saint with God! I am going to miss him SO much though, and can't help crying as well...:(:(:(

momoffuzzyfaces
04-02-2005, 02:05 PM
It's official: Pope John Paul II has graduated to Heaven now!

Earth will be a lot darker now that his beautiful light has left.

:(

sammy101
04-02-2005, 02:14 PM
he's gone now:(
may he rest in peace.you will be terribly missed:(

slick
04-02-2005, 02:35 PM
I just put down my vacuum and tuned in and heard the news. :( :(
Earth will be a lot darker now that his beautiful light has left.
Connie, I could have not said it better myself. RIP Holy Father. You are home now and can finally meet our God. How I wish you could talk to me and tell me what Heaven is like. One day I will get there and will bow at your feet.

Pam
04-02-2005, 03:20 PM
As it is written in the Bible -"Absent from the body to be present with the Lord." He is experiencing something right now that we can't even begin to imagine. He is in the presence of the Lord he served so faithfully.

rg_girlca
04-02-2005, 04:50 PM
He will be truly a hard act to follow as he was so well loved.

May he Rest in Peace.

bluekat
04-02-2005, 10:33 PM

I really regret not going to World Youth Day, when he came to visit Toronto. I would've loved the chance to get to meet him.

RIP Pope John Paul II..:(

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Our Pope will be missed all over the world!! I still remember his election ; it was a surprise he was a non-Italian!! He was very important for the world, also because he travelled a lot and visited lots of countries. He also visited my country Belgium, and spoke some Dutch (he studied here for a while when he was still a bisshop).
RIP Pope John Paul II !!

ps. Why is this thread in "Dog House" :confused: :confused:

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by bluekat

I really regret not going to World Youth Day, when he came to visit Toronto. I would've loved the chance to get to meet him.

RIP Pope John Paul II..:(

I too regret not going!:( This is such sad news...but at least he is out of pain in his true home with his Maker! Imagine the joy in Heaven as one of the greatest men of his time enters Heaven! I can't imagine really! I know I'm so sad about all this, but I have to know that it's all in God's plan...there will never be another man like Pope John Paul II!

RICHARD
04-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy

ps. Why is this thread in "Dog House" :confused: :confused:

Sometimes religion can be a controversial subject!:confused:

Lexi_Lover
04-04-2005, 08:30 PM
It doesn't matter if you are religious or not, this man was wonderful, and should be admired by all! :) Hopefully, they will come up with somebody almost as good as him, because Pope John Paul II can NEVER be replaced! :(

I plan to watch the funeral on Friday, and I heard it is going to be a holiday? :confused: But until then, his body is layed in the 16th Chapel(I think) for all the public to see. :(

CagneyDog
04-05-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
Pope John Paul II can NEVER be replaced! :(

Exactly.

Very sad. :(

Luvin Labs
04-05-2005, 03:36 PM
I just hope the next Pope will do more for those who have been sexually abused by men of the cloth, and not just apologize and hide the molesters...

other than that (I think) he was a good man.

RICHARD
04-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Luvin Labs
I just hope the next Pope will do more for those who have been sexually abused by men of the cloth, and not just apologize and hide the molesters...

other than that (I think) he was a good man.

What amazes me is the belief that JPII hid all the molesters...

Why should the next Pope do more for the people who were molested when the lawyers are doing plenty by getting million dollar awards from individual parishes for their clients??

Those parishes then close down, preventing the REAL catholics form having a place to worship, send their kids to school and ????

The Catholic Church was wrong by hiding and reassiging the bad priests, but what about the forgiveness that the molested men and women are supposed to have taken from the religion??

I have a real problem with the people who waited 20-30 years to figure out that they were molested.

I like pictures of dead presidents, but I don't worship them.

RICHARD
04-09-2005, 02:11 PM
what a wonderful sight.

words cannot explain the sight if all those people, in one place to honor one man.

I saw a cartoon in a spanish language newspaper that showed the papal "suit" in an exaggerated size-the small priests that stood to the side commented....

"I do no think we will find a man to fit these clothes"

Truer words were never said.

Kevin Farmer
04-10-2005, 12:53 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Luvin Labs

HELLO !

why were the individual churches closed down?....the church people didn't molest these people...the man who calls himself a priest did...:mad: :mad: