PDA

View Full Version : Cat Purrsonalities?

DogLover9501
04-01-2005, 09:52 AM
I just decided to make a thread about cat purrsonalities.

I thought of this because I know that Debbie's Dylan is simular in purrsonality to my Tigger, and I also met another orange boy that my mom's friends adopted, and he's also a bit simular!

Tigger is basically a loner, he does like to be around people, but doesn't want them to touch him/bother him, and it's also very hard to give him a kiss! He likes his food, and will ATTACK me if his bowl is *almost* empty, it's never ever been entirely empty. He can be very sweet at times, and will also stay in my lap at times, for about 5-10 minutes.

Emma is very sweet and loving. She always wants to be petted, and loves everyone once she gets to know them a little, sometimes if someone shes never seen comes in my room she'll even start rubbing against their leg. I have never got a scratch/bite or anything from her, only by accident when she missed the toy ;)

I'm going to attach a video that shows a bit of Emma's purrsonality.

What about your cats?

Samantha Puppy
04-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Kirin is a BRAT. He gets into everything, including the kitchen cabinets. He plays with everything. He is extremely curious as well. I believe he was an alarm clock in his past life because every morning at 6am (on the nose), he's rubbing my face with his to get me out of bed (that is the only time I don't like him). He loves to cuddle, especially with my husband which makes me mad (HE didn't even want cats! They wouldn't be there if it weren't for me!). When I think of Kirin, I think of a fun-loving, takes-nothing-seriously teenage boy.

Sushi is a lovebug. He looooves to cuddle with me, in bed, on the couch, wherever, it doesn't matter. He will go up to Samantha and rub up against her and sit still while she licks him. He's also much more vocal than Kirin. If he's not in a snuggley mood, he'll lay in his basket and just watch. He's much more pensive, though still more than willing to have a good time. He lives for whapping Kirin.

sirrahbed
04-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Like Robyn's Tigger, Dylan is my loner kitty. Nothing much bothers him and he accepts lovings for short times. He disciplines the other kitties but loves them and grooms them IF they behave. All the cats like Dylan. Robbie and Lizzie totally adore him! He hates to be held and never gets in my lap - but is *always* nearby. He is the official greeter in our home and supervises everything that happens in our house. He will attack if you touch him too much:rolleyes: He sleeps on the floor or at the foot of the bed at night.

Emily is "daddy's princess" and ignores me if he is around. But when he is gone or busy - she is actually the most loving and relaxed of all my kitties. She snuggles, accepts any loving and is very good natured. She is an all-round easy going, sweet kitty. She sleeps next to her daddy.

Eliot is alert, active and doesn't miss anything. He moves quickly and only tolerates people on his terms. Most visitors will never see him. He loves Meowmie though:D We have our times when he wants nonstop attention and loving, headbumpies, petting, etc. He likes to sleep up on my hip but has his "throne" bed high on a dresser and prefers that at night.

Robbie is my sweetheart, kissie-cat and is just plain fun. He is a momma's boy and I love it!! When he is ready to calm down, he will settle into my lap and sleeps close against me at night.

Lizzie is a former ice princess who is melting but still has her moments. I believe she is a sweet and loving kitty, but has not really learned to trust us yet. She is beautiful, graceful and does come crying and begging for loving quite often - yet gets agitated when we try to love her:rolleyes: I guess we just need to learn WHAT she wants!! She also sleeps at the foot of the bed.

catmandu
04-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Ragnar,is my Loner,as The Other Cats,are still a little timid,around the Big Fellow.Michael,is on,the shy side,as in the Princess.Roscoe,and JJJJ3,are the Alpha ,Bossy Cats,dont take,any,of THIER treats!The Meezers,are friendly,with Precious,and Diane,being,the needy Cats,that will follow,you around,and get,in your path.Nugget,stays out,a lot,and is a loner.Moose,is a Big Baby,a bit,of a whiner,WAAA! They are eating my share,of the Temptations!And Scrappy 2,the Cat Of the Future,is a Doll,and will give the Other cats,a run,for thier money.And Emma,is a gorgeous Cat,she reminds,me,of My Princess!

DogLover9501
04-01-2005, 03:33 PM
All these cats are all so different and special :D

Originally posted by sirrahbed
He will attack if you touch him too much:rolleyes: He sleeps on the floor or at the foot of the bed at night.

LOL More things that they have in common! I think the two of them could get along good ;)

PJ's Mom
04-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Pumpkin is a typical cat. She likes to be left alone until she's ready for attention and will meow at the top of her lungs until she gets what she wants. She loves having her butt scratched and doesn't really like the dogs...but she tolerates them.

Barclay is more dog-like in that he will sit and beg for food while you eat and put his paw in the middle of your plate if he really wants your food. :rolleyes: He hates strangers, but once he gets to know you, look out! He'll be all over you for attention. He also likes to have someone standing with him while he eats. (I haven't figured that out yet) He doesn't mind the dogs, and on occasion will play with Bailey when we tell her to "get the kitty". :D

Laura's Babies
04-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Chesters personality is that of a mother hen... He is the overseer, the peacekeeper and protector.

Giz is my mischivous child, always looking for something else to get into and she can be such a clown! Always doing something to make me laugh...

Amy, just a little sweetheart that does not let her handicap stop her when she decided she wants to do something although she may get hurt. More a loner than a paticipant in the frolic and games.

Samantha is my lap baby and she will play ANYTIME, ANYWHERE and all by herself and have a blast! I do not have to tell you what a determined sweetie she is, she never gave up until she was finally part of my family! Two years on my door step begging and we finally belong to each other now!

Glacier
04-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Glacier is very confident and serene. He was here first, he's never known a bad day in his life and it shows. He's king of the house. He adopts all the kittens who come through as his own. He's gentle and sweet.

Pete is a love bug. He likes laps and snuggles. He never used to be like this. I had to send him to Saskatchewan for surgery almost three years ago. Before that he was timid, he hid whenever people came over, he wasn't affectionate at all. He came home a completely different cat. I think he'd been sick for a long time before he let me know.

Dominique is named for her dominant spirit. She showed up at 5 weeks old. She walked in the house, took one look at Glacier & Pete, swatted both of them on the nose and that was that. She was home. She's still extremely confident. Nothing scares her. She also thinks she's part dog. She adores the dogs. We actually have to keep her away from new pups until we know they are good with cats. Dom will walk right up to any dog and head bonk it! That's part of why she isn't allowed outside. She'd try to head bonk a coyote!

Ivy is a princess. She is regal, sophisticated and distant. She doesn't associate with the other cats. THey are beneath her. She likes to cuddle but on her terms only please. Not when we want to hold her, but only when she wants to be held!

Polly Paws is a wild child. She's a tamed feral, but still holds on to some of her more feral behaviors. Don't touch her tail!!! She is a daddy's girl. I am good only for opening cans. If she ever learns to use her thumbs, I will be no longer welcome in her home. But her daddy, well, he hung the moon and can do no wrong! She's bossy and hissy with the other cats, except Felicia who she mothers.

Onyx is a gentle giant, quiet, laid back and unassuming. He never demands anything. If I want to hold him, that would be great. If not, well, he's ok with that too. He has a tiny kitten meow which sounds hilarous coming out of his 20 pound body! He's a wonderful boy. All the other cats like him, except Polly who hated him on first sight and 3 years later still does. He avoids her as much as possible.

Felicia is a daredevil. She has no idea that her legs aren't right. She doesn't care to know. She is full of fun and mischief. She also has fur like silk and is a joy to pet. She's starting to get a little snuggly as she grows up. (she's 2)

Twicket is the feline love of my life. How I wish I had known him for his first 13 years instead of just the last 2 years. He's exceptionally affectionate. He loves to be loved and carried around. He's very vocal and chatty. He wants nothing more out of life than a scoop of canned food every morning and someone to snuggle with every night. He's a delight in every sense of the word.

manda_moo87
04-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Squeekers is a very unique girl. She's a clown, a cuddle bug and is very sensitive. She's extremely affectionate, gives many licks and head bumps and a big time lap cat. She loves to be around people, most of the time. She hates being alone, has to be near someone at all times or she cries, she sleeps with me every night.

Misty is such a good girl, loves everyone and everything! She'll do ANYTHING to get some cuddles or pets and is VERY playful. She's very creative in that she can turn anything into a game. She loves people (not children though) and is always with us when we're outside. She's very adventerous but never strays far from home. She is so very affectionate and gives tons of kisses.

IRescue452
04-02-2005, 01:54 AM
Sonny is the king. He sits atop his royal butt and watches over his roost with a stern expression. He doesn't tolerate anybody making a fool out of him and will sulk if I embarrass him by giving him kisses or holding him like a baby. The only time he loses his dignity is when I get out the brush and he goes into a crazy brushing trance.

I help take care of my neighbors cats, she is too old to keep up with their care, and all three have such different personalities. Sassy is the brat who will pick a fight with anybody one minute and cuddle with them the next. She loves being around people but she also distances herself and hides for days at a time in the unused upper floor of the house. Furball, named for his ability to make people clean up after him, is the velcro cat who must always be right in your face. He follows everybody around like a puppy. The new rescue, yet to be named, has some sort of mental disorder possibly from being beaten. He wonders around the house and often has to sit and rethink where he is going. He is the one to cuddle with and dispite a questionable past he loves and trusts all people.

carole
04-02-2005, 03:44 AM
My two are like chalk and cheese in just about every way possible, one cat is large and one is small, Ash my big fella is more laid back, but he is totally unpredicatable, he is a big growly puss,other than his growlings he is not very vocal,never licks you, and is a softer purrer than Lexie for all his size, but has real character and a don't mess with me attitude, he has total different likes in food as well, a real angel at the vets usually, and he is very loyal, always comes when called , well usually.

Lexie is my princess, she is very timid, and a real scaredy cat,she is not too keen on being held, but she just puts up with it, and all the kisses and hugs she continually gets, because she is totally approachable, will never scratch or bite, even in play she will not bite, she is very loving, only comes when she feels like it, and ignores you if she does not want to come to you., but she is the most sweet natured kitty I have ever known, she is sensitive, cute, adorable.
She gets stressed easily, vet visits she always has the sweaty paws, and she is easily frightened, she is a talkative wee girl from time to time,has many different sweet little chirps and quite soft miaows, a very loud purrer for her size, loves to lick you,., she also has no problem with touching and stroking her tail , whereas Ash will go pyscho if you touch his tail.