PDA

View Full Version : Flowers & cats

catnapper
04-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Ok, I FINALLY devized a way to catproof the balcony. I wanted something pretty, yet cheap. Easier said than done! :p

What we've devised is this: We had some cinder blocks in the yard making a dividing wall that was never cemented into place. Looked absolutely lovely :rolleyes: Hubby FINALLY took them down this past weekend and stacked them by the back door wondering what on earth we'd do with them.... weeeelllll I had the bright idea of standing them on their edge with the holes up, and putting little flower pots in each other the holes. They'd form a thick border around the inside of the railing. I'll paint them to match the house, and find pretty flowers that bloom in intense sun and need little water (the reality of me remembering to water them is not-so-good)

I had some cat grass out there last summer and it frizzled fast. But if I like the look and the color, I will TRY to water them every day. TRY. Of course then I'd also take the kitties out with me in the morning for a quick sun bath before returning to the cool of Aircondition!

What colorful flowers can I put out there that would be safe for the cats to nibble on? I have no idea of where to start. I'll most likely buy seed packets to do this, so something that would flower this year would be nice too! I want it all!!! :D

Oh, and I also intend on using some type of netting or screen attached to the railing to block them from going between the rails should they try to jump over my cement block flower bed!

catmandu
04-01-2005, 08:46 AM
That ,I am sure,will look Fantastic,when it is done,and I amsure,that the Cats,will devour,the Cat Grass,and love,to be outdoors,in a safe way.