PDA

View Full Version : My family does NOT understand :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-01-2005, 02:39 AM
This conversation took place in my kitchen yesterday evening:

(I had just finished scooping the litter trays).

Me: "That's so weird - all the TOOTSIE ROLLS were in one tray, and all the PEE BISCUITS were in the other one"

Family: Blank stares, followed by "What the %^&* are you talking about"

Of course I explained as DELICATELY as I could what had happened - to which my son replied "I don't know what's scarier - that you think we actually want to know which litter box they $%^& in, or that you have a COMPLETE LANGUAGE to describe it"

Hubby and son then rolled their eyes and left the room......

Am I the ONLY person here whos family thinks they are MAD???:D ;) :p

Barbara
04-01-2005, 03:18 AM
Of course you are not!

I am in the happy position (like some PTers) that my husband is as crazy as I am. And my mom and my sister are crazy about anything that is cat or dog- so in the family it's not a problem- but there are so many people where I just don't speak about my cats.

E.g. in business- I just avoid the topic because if I started I would be the crazy cat lady furrever:D

I must say however that you find the like minds- whenever I go to Frankfurt Bookfair (which will this year be the 27th time) I take pictures of my boys because I know there will be SOME people who will ask and who want to see like Jesper in Copenhagen who has a cute meezer mix, or Alice in London who has an Aby.......

So Julie: whenever you feel like analyzing tootsie rolls and pee biscuits, come over here and we'll do it together:D

carole
04-01-2005, 03:40 AM
That made me laugh, to be honest until I came to PT, I had never heard the term Tootsie rolls (we don't have those here] or pee biscuits, but I find them endearing and cute, I have picked up a lot of sayings from PT like furbabies, furever home, etc etc.

As for being mad, guess I fit that category too, mad about my kitties that is, I usually just say Oh lexie's left a special present for mama this morning, now if that doesn't sound mad what does eh?:) :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-01-2005, 05:39 AM
*lol*

Thats funny!! Tinky and Jupiter do the same thing.

I have a deep potty box and a shallow one. They always poop in the deep one on pee in the shallow one..

SILLY BABIES..

But at my house we call them PEE PATTIES.....;)

joycenalex
04-01-2005, 06:46 AM
i've learned that there are some things that only a devoted pet person wants to hear about.. litter pans are one of them:D

lbaker
04-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Next time there is a special occasion bake them a "kitty litter cake". The pictures and recipe are somewhere in a previous thread but trust me... they will TRULY think you're mad when you put that on the table :D (It's a really real cake with coconut sprinkled on top with bits of tootsie rolls and sprinkles on it! Looks gross but is yummy and only us PT'ers "get it". :D

sirrahbed
04-01-2005, 07:24 AM
You are not alone Julie:) Hubby is quite used to me but if one of my kids is around, they give me the eyerolls and leave the room. I have unthinkingly used some of these expressions out of the house also and got the blank stares.

My kitties also seem to separate their tootsie rolls and pee biscuits for the most part, too. Weird eh?? I keep five boxes and one of them is almost exclusivley pee biscuits.

Cataholic
04-01-2005, 08:20 AM
You would have thought by now, Julie, that your superior language skills would have worn off on the family...he he he.

BTW, how did it go with your son and the group project?

catnapper
04-01-2005, 08:24 AM
A year or two ago, hubby would have done the same thing, but he's slowly coming around. More and more I see him talking to the cats in kitty talk and using the terms I use. I hear him more often saying, "Kim come quick and be quiet - bring the camera too"; and when I tell him to look at what the cats are doing, he actually LOOKS now! :D

catmandu
04-01-2005, 08:30 AM
As I am alone,I dont get,that reaction.But when,My Brother,Wife,and I are dining,and I invite The Cat Angels,they shake thier heads,and give me,the eye rolls,too.But why shouldnt My Cat Angels,share in a delicious meal,that I am having?And,of course I order something,that I know,that we will all like! Common sense,to me,lunacy,to them.But,if my Cat Angels,are happy,then I am happy.

smokey the elder
04-01-2005, 09:55 AM
LOL! My cats mix their "output".:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Terry understands completely, but still sometimes gives me "that look." :rolleyes: :D

Abby&Buddy'sMom
04-01-2005, 02:10 PM
thankfully my two share the same litterbox,so i get both types of "stuff" in the one box:)