PDA

View Full Version : I started riding ENGLISH! Yay! ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-31-2005, 06:49 PM
Well, the subject line describes it! I've been riding over a year, western obviously, and it's been SO much fun!!! I really enjoy it SO much! Well anyways, yesterday I just started on English! (I've ridden a little english before, but not with this instructor) I was really excited, since I've been looking forward to it forever! I rode a gray appy named Toby (I have before, but a first w/english) and am finding this even easier than western, if that sounds silly or what!:p:rolleyes: ;) I still love western, don't get me wrong! But anyways, I'll try to get pics of me riding up soon!!;)

Toby's my baby
03-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Congrats!! Can't wait to see pics!

I have been riding Western for about 7 years, I would like to try English, my instructer told me and my sister that our horses would be good English horses, I guess we'll have to see!

cocker_luva
03-31-2005, 11:12 PM
i absolutely love english! more then western. probably because when i get in a saddle i usually mean business, ;) but if i just wanna lay back and feel lazy i'll go into western riding. :D

Tweety_Pie
03-31-2005, 11:51 PM
I have been riding for almost 8 years (english), and I LOVE IT:D Western is really fun too!

I can't wait to see the pics :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Congrats! I much prefer english over western, although both are alot of fun:D

chrissycat21
04-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Congrats! :)

I love english. I rode western for around 2-2 1/2 years. But, I had a really bad instructor and basicly I sat in a western saddle and walked in circles for an hour. :rolleyes: I like english more then western, but it's more being on the horse that I love. :)

Desert Arabian
04-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Congratulations! I hope all goes well! Tell us more about the horses, and more about Toby! :D

I rode English for 6 1/2 years and Western for 4 1/2 years- I'd have to say that English is more "challanging" than Western. English is very strict while Western in more laid back. I prefer the English saddle over the Western saddle, but prefer Western overall compared to English.

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Yea, I've ridden english a few times, but now I'm really doing it! lol:D I agree--western's for when you want to be laid back and more relaxed, while english means you're going to REALLY ride and pay attention! I'm going to have mom take pics ASAP, so I will definitely get them up when I do!;)

Lexi_Lover
04-02-2005, 12:26 PM
I am going into english lessons soon. I don't know if I will introduce Chiquita to it though:pI have been riding western now for umm....around 6 or 7 years;)I'm hoping to start training(instead of going to english) in pole bending or barrel racing!

CONGRATS KATIE! :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Thanks Paula! That's awesome you're going to start too! It's REALLY fun!!!:D:D:D

flamepony12
04-02-2005, 01:07 PM
congrats! can't wait to see pics! I think you'll like jumping. ;)

EssTer
04-03-2005, 04:38 AM
That´s great :) Congrats :)
I´ve been riding only english (when I lived in Latvia) and I really like it...now I´m riding icelandic style, but I guess it´s quite alike english style, and I´ve heard americans call all other styles english if it´s not western lol...I´ve tried western once..and it was in France, I really enjoyed it..But I guess I like english style more, cause you are working more - with your legs and back and so on....Western style is more esier - but that´s what I think :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Yup, I'm excited! I don't think I'll be jumping for a while though Devon...;) though I hope I do!:D

countrycowgirl
04-04-2005, 04:27 PM
thats awsome I always thought that english looked more graceful lol!...I have rode western for 6 years and I am going to start competing in barrel racing agian in the summer on big guy! :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by countrycowgirl
thats awsome I always thought that english looked more graceful lol!...I have rode western for 6 years and I am going to start competing in barrel racing agian in the summer on big guy! :)

That's so neat! My best friend is going to start barrel racing and pole bending with her horse this summer too!!:)

Suki Wingy
04-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Congrats! It's fun, isn't it? I love it so much more than western.;) Are you going to eventually going to start jumping?

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
Congrats! It's fun, isn't it? I love it so much more than western.;) Are you going to eventually going to start jumping?

Yup, I enjoy english a lot!! And yes, I'm going to *eventually* start jumping, but knowing my instructor who is pretty strict, it could be a while.;) I don't mind too much though...I'm just happy to be in an english saddle, lol!:D

Suki Wingy
04-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Jumping can take a really long time to learn. I was jumping after riding once a week for a year, but 2 and a half years later I'm still jumping like only 1 & a half feet.:rolleyes: