PDA

View Full Version : Can cats catch human colds?

LuvGold00
03-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Well, I'm sick. I haven't had a cold all winter, and figures when the weather is about 60 here I get sick and am stuck in bed. :(

Anyway, Crocker has been sleeping with me all day. Can she catch my cold? She has been laying above my head and sometimes I wake up to her in my face, she must know I don't feel good cause she doesn't usually sleep so close.
:confused:

jazzcat
03-31-2005, 04:04 PM
My vet told me colds can't jump species so not to worry about me giving the pets a cold, them giving me one or the dogs and cats sharing one.

NoahsMommy
03-31-2005, 04:25 PM
My vet said the same thing...its not contagious to them. :)

catmandu
03-31-2005, 07:31 PM
Thats great news,as I have a Bad Cold,and wouldnt want,the Found Cats,to catch,it from me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos828.jpg

Uabassoon
03-31-2005, 07:53 PM
I've always read that humans can not give cats colds. However it seems that Corkscrew and I always get colds at the same time. But now I think it's just allergies and we are both allergic to the same things! We both get sick at the change of seasons.

RICHARD
04-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by SunKissedGoldens
Anyway, Crocker has been sleeping with me all day. Can she catch my cold? She has been laying above my head and sometimes I wake up to her in my face, she must know I don't feel good cause she doesn't usually sleep so close.
:confused:

If they did, who would take care of you?;)