PDA

View Full Version : Zoo's?

Jodie9
03-31-2005, 03:57 PM
What do you think about Zoo's?

I support some of them, such as the Toronto Zoo and the Calgary Zoo and other larger ones. However, this place here (http://www.cfcn.ca/servlet/RTGAMArticleHTMLTemplate/B/20050330/guzoogranted?brand=generic&hub=&tf=CFCNPlus/generic/hubs/frontpage.html&cf=CFCNPlus/generic/hubs/frontpage.cfg&slug=guzoogranted&date=20050330&archive=CFCNPlus&ad_page_name=&nav=home&subnav=fullstory) is wrong. They had puppies sitting in their own urine with no blankets, food or water, they had 50-60 guinea pigs in a small little run and they had kittens in a small little cage- they couldnt even stand up. I remember being able to pet wolf pups and feed bears, no wild animal should be like that :(

Sad :(

sammy101
03-31-2005, 04:40 PM
I support Zoos'.I went to the Calgary Zoo,and i enjoyed it alot!Very nice.and the Frankfurt zoo in germany is REALLY nice,i loved it.and the one is houston is really nice.
but i definetly dont support zoos like you posted:mad:

have you seen the 'Ultimate Zoo' show on AP?Wow,some nice zoos:eek:

CathyBogart
03-31-2005, 04:58 PM
There are two zoos in my area, and they are both lovely! I've been very pleased every time I've been to either one. Except that it's so darn hard to find the reptile areas!

cocker_luva
03-31-2005, 11:44 PM
i love zoos! :D

Twisterdog
03-31-2005, 11:54 PM
Zoos are like everything else ... there are good ones and bad ones.

I personally think the good zoos are great places for animals, and do a lot toward educating the public about animals, and fostering appreciation for habitat preservation, etc.

The bad ones should be closed down.

LKPike
04-01-2005, 09:05 AM
I like the Nashville zoo because its a very nice, peaceful walk. However, my fiance and I belong to a bird club that donates thousands of dollars to the care of Nashville Zoo's birds, each year. About 2 months ago I tuned in to see one of the Hyacinth Macaws the Nashville Zoo brought to a news program ((Good Morning, America or something like that)) and its beak obviously needed to be trimmed. It had grown so long it was right up against his chest. I was absolutely disgusted, the news woman even said something about it needing to be trimmed! I wont be donating to them anymore, anytime soon.

I *love* the Magdeburg Zoo in Germany :):):) Theres always workers and employees out taking care of the animals, all day. The animals also seem to be more active and bright-eyed.