PDA

View Full Version : update on my friends doggie Star....

carole
03-31-2005, 02:59 PM
My friend Dave has the results back on Star, she was diagnosed with mouth cancer, unfortunately without any treatment she would last only 4 to 6 weeks, I was totally shocked, apparently it is very aggressive type of cancer, poor Dave, however he has opted to have chemo for her, I am not sure how long this will give her, donot worry folks there is no way Dave will let Star suffer in any way, if the treatment is too harsh on her (I believe it is easier on pets, but not sure if that is a fact) he will do the kind thing, she is everything to him, his companion, friend and Baby.

The plan is to have five treatments , in a couple of treatments you can notice a reduction in the size of the Tumour and it can put the cancer into remission.

Please keep Dave and star in your prayers and thoughts, and hope that all goes well in the meantime.

Dave asked me if anyone on PT had a similar experience, he would be grateful for all your help and suggestions which I can in turn pass on to him, thanks for listening folks.

Oggyflute
04-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Thoughts and best wishes for Dave & Star, I really hope the treament works. Sorry I haven't got any advice for him.

carole
04-01-2005, 02:26 AM
Thanks mate , your well wishes are appreciated.:)

dukedogsmom
04-01-2005, 05:54 AM
I am so very sorry this happened. We can pray for a miracle so that the cancer will be gone. I know this must be very difficult.

carole
04-01-2005, 08:28 PM
yes Val I sure hope the chemo gives her a year maybe, that is what Dave is hoping, let us hope the side effects are not too bad, otherwise I think he would abort the sessions.

Dave told me he cried for three days solid, but I am pleased that he seems to have come to terms with it, as best one can, and is concerntrating on doing everything possible to help Star, he is not a rich man, so it will be hard on his pocket, but i know he would rather put himself in debt than loose Star right now.

Please keep praying, I know just how powerful PT prayers and thoughts are, THANK YOU ALL.:)