PDA

View Full Version : Going to San Francisco... NEED HELP!

ramanth
03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks all for helping me.

I reserved a room at the Ramada Plaza Downtown.

I've been in contact with RedHedd and wolflady.

Anyone else in the area that can visit? :)

Denyce
03-31-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't know is this is in the area you are talking about...but try Expedia? Here is what I found and there is a Travelodge listed for 47 a night for one person.

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?itty=&itid=&itdx=&part=4

There are some other good sites for cheap hotels...hotwire, travelocity etc

Denyce

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-31-2005, 12:25 PM
Hope you get your accomodation sorted out!!!

(And be sure to WEAR SOME FLOWERS IN YOUR HAIR):D :D :D

Logan
03-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Surely we have a Pet Talker in that area, Kimmy. I do hope so! That would help you so much. Good luck!

Logan

Kater
03-31-2005, 12:49 PM
Hey Kimmy...

This Best Western is a mere half a mile from the Hilton.

http://bestwestern.worldexecutive.com/directory/usa/san_francisco/hotels/05501.html

Hope that helps! :D

catnapper
03-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Sounds exciting! Can you contact the people running the conference and have them recommend a room? Thats how I got the hotel I stayed at in Baltimore when I went to a trade show -- it was the NICEST Days Inn I ever stayed at and was so thankful they made a recomendation!

ramanth
03-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Thanks Denyce, Kater, and Kim. :)

Karen has been a huge help!! Looks like I might stay at the Ramada Plaza Downtown, but nothing is set in stone.

Look at that place!!

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=cmhi&itid=&itdx=&itty=&ecid=&tpst=1

And only $89 a night!

RedHedd
03-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Ramanth - you work @ Cooley (the law firm)? I'm a paralegal at a law firm down in Burlingame, one freeway exit away from the San Francisco Aiport.

What is this IUG conference? I live in San Francisco! The Ramada is a very nice, VERY OLD San Francisco hotel (formerly San Francisco's City Hall in the 1800's). I've been to many conferences there. The area it's in on Market Street is kinda seedy, but a short, underground trip away from Union Square where your conference is at.

Perhaps if you get some free time during the conference we could meet for dinner or coffee. You could even come meet the M's!

ramanth
03-31-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Ramanth - you work @ Cooley (the law firm)? I'm a paralegal at a law firm down in Burlingame, one freeway exit away from the San Francisco Aiport.

What is this IUG conference? I live in San Francisco! The Ramada is a very nice, VERY OLD San Francisco hotel (formerly San Francisco's City Hall in the 1800's). I've been to many conferences there. The area it's in on Market Street is kinda seedy, but a short, underground trip away from Union Square where your conference is at.

Perhaps if you get some free time during the conference we could meet for dinner or coffee. You could even come meet the M's!

I work for Cooley Law School. :D But I know nothing of the law, per say. I'm the Law Library's Web Technician.

IUG is the Innovative Users Group. Innovative is what Cooley uses for it's online catalog. :)

I would love to meet up!! Anyone want to pick me up from the airport? :D LOL!

PM your email address. I've got to sort out my seminar schedule.

I still haven't booked anything, as I need to beg my parents for money. ;)

ramanth
04-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks for all the help guys!

I reserved at the Ramada Plaza Downtown.

Now to find a flight. :)

AmberLee
04-03-2005, 12:50 AM
When will you be here?

Confused, but excited...