PDA

View Full Version : Hail!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2005, 11:17 AM
Last night we had a terrific hail storm! :eek: Neither Terry nor I have ever seen hail like this before....oh sure, this size wasn't that dramatic, but it hailed very heavily for at least 15 minutes! Usually it's a minute or two and then it's done. Looked like it snowed when it was all done. Peanut was already hiding under the bed when it started (she doesn't like thunder and lightning). Jack was sleeping upstairs in the loft on the back of the couch. He was just fine until the hail started. Then....talk about airplane ears! Unfortunately the camera was downstairs and when I went to get it he followed me down and hid under the dining room table.

Anyway, after all was said and done, we had no damage to the house or the cars (since they are parked in the driveway) so we lucked out. We were both waiting for a big hail stone to come smashing through the skylights - whew! This all happened within 5 minutes of me walking in the door - good thing I made it home in time! But then later, maybe about 7:30 or so, it did it again. Again we're just waiting for the skylights to break open, but luckily they held again - whew!

Ok, enough with the blabbing, here are some pics and a video. Check the sound on the video. Needless to say it was a little more dramatic because we were actually there, but you get an idea of how loud it was!

In the back yard.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid163/p7a243dc6da3c5988e296b741c7406082/f4a1ee7c.jpg

Closeup of the door mat. Most aren't that big, but some are good sized!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid163/p7cb05c2d547858fd725d502876e95760/f4a1ee7d.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2005, 11:18 AM
And another video of the front. Not quite as dramatic because the hail had stopped but it was still raining really good.

Forgot to mention that the noise at the end of this video is how Terry talks to CJ. He's saying "Hey, hey you." :D

ramanth
03-31-2005, 12:00 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought about you when I was watching the Weather Channel. Glad you and the house and cars are okay.

I was expecting some storms, but if any came thru, I slept thru them. :(

chrissycat21
03-31-2005, 04:45 PM
:eek: Wow! It hailed just a little bit here, but not that much! I'm glad everyone and everything was ok.

Desert Arabian
03-31-2005, 10:53 PM
We had some wicked storms in Wisconsin too- they had tornado warnings in a couple of counties west of our county. Luckily by our house we didn't get any hail or tornados, just a lot of wind, rain, and lightning/thunder. Sure was a nice treat!

Those are some neat pictures! Looks like the filling in bean bag chairs- lol!!!

Oggyflute
04-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Fortunately we are just over our storm season now. Storms like the one you had normally means loss of power for us as well, which is a major pain.

catnapper
04-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Wow. I don't ever remeber a hail storm - I think we've had a few pieces of hail fall with rain or snow, but never like this! :eek:

Thank God you weren't driving in that! I can't imagine how terrifying that would have been. :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
04-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Oh sure....make me homesick for the dramatic weather of the midwest!....;) :rolleyes: ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Oh sure....make me homesick for the dramatic weather of the midwest!....;) :rolleyes: ;)

What, torrential rains and mudslides aren't dramatic enough? Maybe you'll get an earthquake soon, that should be dramatic enough for a midwesterner who's never experienced an earthquake before....at least it would be for me! ;) :D

gini
04-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
What, torrential rains and mudslides aren't dramatic enough? Maybe you'll get an earthquake soon, that should be dramatic enough for a midwesterner who's never experienced an earthquake before....at least it would be for me! ;) :D

Hush Debbie!!! With all of the earthquakes occuring around the world, I have been thinking "it's our turn next".............California has on record at least 25-30 earthquakes a day............they are just too small to be felt.

Our rainstorms brought some hail as well.........but nothing like what you just experienced! It looks as though it was raining mothballs!

Cinder & Smoke
04-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Maybe you'll get an earthquake soon...

Shhhhhhh...
Don't spoil the surprise!

Her Hubby prolly didn't "mention" anything about :eek: earthQUAKES!

:p
:D